PDA

View Full Version : Massive Bug in El Farid - KK please sort this!

ArgieD
11-05-05, 02:15
Hi there guys,

as I headed to El Farid last night in an attempt to level my runner, I came across a strange bug.

All runners were showing as Monks!

I don't know whether it's a broken graphics file or a missing db item, but please KK sort this out. I managed to capture this aweful sight.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Infinite
11-05-05, 03:21
Looks like NC1 with default PE skins

Mr Kot
11-05-05, 03:22
Erm... o_O

Could it be that they were all... like... monks?

:confused:

Obsidian X
11-05-05, 03:34
Erm... o_O

Could it be that they were all... like... monks?

:confused:

I think thats probably an insight into the future of Neocron... :p

Asurmen Spec Op
11-05-05, 03:46
you also all show up as LEd...

We always see that many monks, god forbid skill exist
*I know thats not a bug, take it out ya WUSSYS!

Masentaja
11-05-05, 08:46
Hehe
Pits covered still btw?

Original monk
11-05-05, 09:15
eek monks, nerf !! :lol:

ArgieD
11-05-05, 12:43
Another thing I realised is that I am NOT epileptic.

Otherwise, it would show within the first 5 mins of staring at my screen while suffering that 'being in flames' effect:)

PS Actually, that effect is about right tbh.

Comie
11-05-05, 13:22
I think thats probably an insight into the future of Neocron... :p

looks to me that yur GR trip took yu a year into the future of NC 2 where everyones a monk and the PE's tanks and spy's got killed off due to neglect or something

Mr Kot
11-05-05, 13:26
Anyway, that screenshot is nothing new. It only looks like the scout team after the first layer of an FF OP is hacked. The other twenty are still in the UG waiting for their personal ppus to log on. :p

mulle
11-05-05, 15:11
Anyway, that screenshot is nothing new. It only looks like the scout team after the first layer of an FF OP is hacked. The other twenty are still in the UG waiting for their personal ppus to log on. :p
It's funny because it's true :lol:

Original monk
11-05-05, 15:20
yeah argieD, if ya try caving there in first person long enough ya feel the seizures comming :)

even worse or atleast as bad is when you shoot with a malediction ... its like:

FLASH, FLASH, FLASH, FLASH, FLASH ... it REALLY hurts youre eyes and its harder / less efficient to aim in 3th person :/

dunno if my gfxoptions has to do with that tough, you get the same also ?

Obsidian X
11-05-05, 15:36
yeah argieD, if ya try caving there in first person long enough ya feel the seizures comming :)

even worse or atleast as bad is when you shoot with a malediction ... its like:

FLASH, FLASH, FLASH, FLASH, FLASH ... it REALLY hurts youre eyes and its harder / less efficient to aim in 3th person :/

dunno if my gfxoptions has to do with that tough, you get the same also ?

I get the same Original, except I'm usually using Fusion Cannon Drones. My brightness is set quite high to be able to see in El Farid, and with a drone I find myself a lot closer to the flash then with a malediction. All in all, I'm suprised I've not burned my retinas yet.

Digital-Talios
11-05-05, 15:47
interesting in deed. my favorite is when i log into other people's bodies :eek:

Original monk
11-05-05, 15:54
I get the same Original, except I'm usually using Fusion Cannon Drones. My brightness is set quite high to be able to see in El Farid, and with a drone I find myself a lot closer to the flash then with a malediction. All in all, I'm suprised I've not burned my retinas yet.

yeah, the drones also hurt lol, also when you have a fusion impact not to far away ... its kinda close to the flashbangs in counterstrike 1.6 wich yust blind you for a second :)

sometimes i yust close my eyes when firing lol, not that good of an aim but it gets ya xp also witouth the need of an eye-operation on youre 30th birthday :)

ok maybe a bit exagurated but after an hour or 2 caving (often in the chaoscaves lol) ya really start to feel it :)

anything i can do to improve it witouth having to walk around in a completely dark cave and witouth loosing the nice gfxsetting ? i mean i dont wonna put my contrast so low that everything turns into 1 colour hehe

ArgieD
12-05-05, 11:16
Now seriously, I feel that El Farid has turned to a Monk's & Droner's Heaven due to the fact that there are hundreds of safespots.

So, fair enough if the game developers don't have the time to sort this out, with more urgent matters in their hands. But,

..couldn't they, at least, make the 'in-flames' effect easier to the eye?