10-05-05, 11:55
mars..

Felissa
10-05-05, 11:57
or do you wan to merge all servers and only allow 1 slot on that one? :wtf:

[TgR]KILLER
10-05-05, 12:03
just 1 server and 1 slot will never happen

and as it is there won't be another 1 slot server then mars. since there aint the population on the other servers.

Original monk
10-05-05, 12:10
or do you wan to merge all servers and only allow 1 slot on that one? :wtf:

no lol i cant afford that :)

Bugs Gunny
10-05-05, 12:13
I've got 3 accounts on a 4 slot server.

If i had to go back to a one slot server, i'd make a hc pe, a slasher spy and a multitradeskiller.

Comie
10-05-05, 12:30
i would love a 1 slot server... but for that to happen i'd need kami chips/spirit mods returned... maybe a 2 slot server would be best ;)

netster
10-05-05, 12:51
get some things to see .... jupiter was only 1slot back in nc1 ... so come down a little.

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 13:26
KILLER']since there aint the population on the other servers.

exactly.

if the server pops rise a lot with int release (given the reviews... unlikely) then i would support a 1 slot with no transfer option... a fresh server with a low rare drop rate.

as it stands, and as its likely to continue... no

Infinite
10-05-05, 13:37
SHame there wasn't a 1 slot int server. Terra is as bad as saturn sounded like. We got it easy on pluto.. at least if u got back stabbed u knew they paid real money to do it.

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 13:40
SHame there wasn't a 1 slot int server. Terra is as bad as saturn sounded like. We got it easy on pluto.. at least if u got back stabbed u knew they paid real money to do it.

in case you werent aware my account mainly used on uranus cost as much as an account mainly used on pluto...

we didnt all get a free account, and only you got charged...

Infinite
10-05-05, 13:43
in case you werent aware my account mainly used on uranus cost as much as an account mainly used on pluto...

we didnt all get a free account, and only you got charged...

er... wtf are you talking about? :s

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 13:45
er... wtf are you talking about? :s

i'm saying that when you get backstabbed on any server... people still have to pay real money for the account...

Infinite
10-05-05, 13:46
i'm saying that when you get backstabbed on any server... people still have to pay real money for the account...

If someone put a spy in a clan or made a char to steal things. On pluto you knew that they were paying money a month just to do that which was more satisifying that some1 doing it like they do now on some char they dont give 2 shits about they will delete in 2 days n e way :)

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 13:48
If someone put a spy in a clan or made a char to steal things. On pluto you knew that they were paying money a month just to do that which was more satisifying that some1 doing it like they do now on some char they dont give 2 shits about they will delete in 2 days n e way :)

you could delete just as easily on pluto as any other server. just ask a mate to hold the stuff, the same as you would on a 4 slot

Infinite
10-05-05, 13:54
Yes but your not gettig my point. They were paying for an extra account just to do that... meh heh

There was much less of it

Brammers
10-05-05, 14:04
Man I miss the old Pluto days. I would play on Pandore if my French was better or Mars if my German was better.

However a 2 slot international server gets my vote.

Skusty
10-05-05, 14:08
Never 1server 1slot :mad: Can't stand german people playing, hate when they speak, cant understand anything, samething with french :lol: And i want more chars than my spy skusty :D

[TgR]KILLER
10-05-05, 14:17
Jester.. he meens on pluto you had a second account you payed for a second account.. on a 4 slot server you got 4 slots so its way way way easyer to role another char on another slot and fuck people over with it. on pluto you had to buy and pay for another account to do just that and thus it wasn't done.

thats what i miss on terra 4 slot servers always will have spies and shit way more then a 1 slot.

Scanner Darkly
10-05-05, 14:25
I can see the appeal, but I prefer value for money. I don't think I would get any "satisfaction" from knowing that someone had to pay for a second account to loot our clan cabs - would be just as annoying on a 4 slot or 1 slot server.

If there is ever a dramatic increase in population and a 1 slot (english) server is started, I would roll an apu hybrid just for the hell of it (since that was my first ever character back on pluto at start of retail).

Original monk
10-05-05, 14:35
i dont get the accountthingies lol, when they really really wanted to fuck someone over they couldnt use a 10 day trial or ?

dunno

its never nice being a fraud :/ nomather what server or how many accounts :)

edit: hey my first char was also a apyhybrid :P on pluto, beta4 :) it was heaven ! not alot monks around back then btw :) when they would make a 1 slot server like jester said: low droprate of rares etc .. no transfers .. then i would start a lil hybrid there also :)

honour
10-05-05, 15:03
The idea of 1 neocron server for all with 2 slots is a cool idea.

I'm the same as everyone, i am hoping for an influx of players when the int release happens.

But, due to stupid half wit reviews i cant see this happening.

1 international server would be sweeet. Alot of other games do this. The idea of no because u dont like germans is just daft. Remember your playing a german game.

populations of 40-60% yes please

Sakletare
10-05-05, 15:06
To prevent people from making spies and get rid of the whole "don't kill me even though i'm red, my other char is in your faction"-thing we should have the same system as WoW; you have to choose side and have all your chars on the same side.

Capt. Rik
10-05-05, 15:09
To prevent people from making spies and get rid of the whole "don't kill me even though i'm red, my other char is in your faction"-thing we should have the same system as WoW; you have to choose side and have all your chars on the same side.

Would be nice but with Item Distribution in the state it's in. it's just not possible

Dribble Joy
10-05-05, 15:09
Binding characters only goes so far in solving the problem.
Besides, it doesn't allow for you to maintain completely different and separate characters, which is argueably the entire point of a multiple slot server.

Bugs Gunny
10-05-05, 15:13
Well, would be possible ONCE PLAYER SHOPS are ingame.
right now there's too much need to have other side alts to buy items etc...

Xeno LARD
10-05-05, 15:15
I just don't get it why people want 1 char servers. To pay for several account like pretty much everyone on mars does and lots and lots of people back on pluto did? o_O

I just don't know, playing one character and one only has to be so boring. Not to mention the lack of tradeskill characters...

Original monk
10-05-05, 15:18
I'm the same as everyone, i am hoping for an influx of players when the int release happens.

populations of 40-60% yes please

we all do our best little by little .. a guy on an popular belgium forum asked in the mmorpg section if anyone knew or played neocron .. i responded honestly about what to expect and gave em a few tips including a link to this forum and a link to the main website :) (ow and a link to various nice screenshots) .. bugs gunny also had a nice reaction ready and added some nice things to the post like the vehicules, tanks and gliders/bombers in general :)

every gamer reading the post should be like: hey now thats intresting, an fpsmmorpg !! with vehicules, rares, diffrent cool classes and i dunno what all :)

i have known the game with 70% pop .. previous servers didnt seem to have a big problem with it back then .. unless those 700 all entered the same zone 8| (MB event with the redeyelaser Y replicants all around :P)

edit: daamn now i read again about those playershops, these would be SO extremely cool and most of all: time- and lil lifesavers :P saves you spamming on trade for hours and hours, in wich you can cap chars, hunt more or pvp more :)

(or an auctionsystem like PE .. you add you weapon and the auction pick's it up ... the item is in there and people can look at it and look at the stats .. like ebay but then the weapon is inside the auctiondatabase ... the one offering the most at the last moment gets the stuff ffcourse ... some real biddingwars going on there ..)

Bugs Gunny
10-05-05, 15:22
Off course original and me now claim the sole rights to clanning these dutch speaking new players.

Dribble Joy
10-05-05, 15:23
I just don't know, playing one character and one only has to be so boring. Not to mention the lack of tradeskill characters...
Without sounding snobbish (like many Ex-Plutonians do), it's because those on single slot servers are much more attached to a particular role or character, and have mcuh more fun doing it. Many people were full time tradeskillers, not everything in this game is about ganking and PvP, so Pluto developed a better RP base than the other servers (or at least, a more predominant and noticable one).
It did work, for quite a while, but once the pop fell below a cirtain amount, it collapsed.

I have played multi-slot servers since I started, but have played only one char in effect. I have a hacker (that I never use), I have a n00bie tradeskiller (to make my drugs), but the rest of the time I am only on the one char I have had for over 2 years.

Original monk
10-05-05, 15:27
they may choose wisely :) (btw if they even come over .. if they pass the C2P or PBC fun (paypaloption in allready ?) .. and if they get outta mc5 to their appartments :) )

Original monk
10-05-05, 15:35
it's because those on single slot servers are much more attached to a particular role or character, and have mcuh more fun doing it. Many people were full time tradeskillers, not everything in this game is about ganking and PvP, so Pluto developed a better RP base than the other servers .

we had fulltime tradeskillers also on saturn :) i remember going to saturn because it was the first one to go online .. pluto was a bit later iiiiiirc, lots of the people i played with on pluto in B4 waited for pluto cause they wanted a single char where image/name was more important ... tough when i heard Lvirus lauching at saturnians while he had like i dunno how much accounts emselves then i still tought by myself: then why didnt ya play saturn ? it would be better for the wallet in any case :)

i cant play on a single server nomore i think, im so used on repping/consting/ressing/ppuing/attacking/rezzing/poking etc etc myself :)

btw 1 char ya cap it in notime and then .. yeah what then lol ? reroll ?

srry for double post

[TgR]KILLER
10-05-05, 15:38
Off course original and me now claim the sole rights to clanning these dutch speaking new players.

i hope you don't meen by that your dutch...

Bugs Gunny
10-05-05, 15:45
FAAAAR FAAAAR WORSE.......

I'm BELGIAN

Capt. Rik
10-05-05, 15:48

I'm BELGIAN

*thinks of the Lipton Iced Tea adverts* :p

honour
10-05-05, 15:56
good response guys.

Plus good to see a few of u doing things to help neo. Nice work, infact next i keel u ill res u and let ya go :)

Re the 1 slot server. I was on pluto. The whole 1 slot means that everyone knows who u r. Not ur many alts.

It means the trade skillers are needed, ie i cant just log an alt and research my own stuff. I have to go to the trade skill area, look for the highest lvl trade skiller, negotiate the best deal then bobs ur uncle.

Plus every clan cant just log their alts ppus/apus/hackers on. You have to have a well balanced clan. If 1 slot came in i honestly think we would see a sharp decline of ppus in an op war hence no nerf needed.

This maybe something us, the community, should consider polling for if the int release doesnt provide us with the new players we all hope for.

wolfwood
10-05-05, 16:03
btw 1 char ya cap it in notime and then .. yeah what then lol ? reroll ?

join a clan and op fight, hunt tech parts to get best weapons, pvp.....

Bugs Gunny
10-05-05, 16:05
You forgot : "buy loads of loms and become someone completely different"

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 19:23
Without sounding snobbish (like many Ex-Plutonians do), it's because those on single slot servers are much more attached to a particular role or character, and have mcuh more fun doing it. Many people were full time tradeskillers, not everything in this game is about ganking and PvP, so Pluto developed a better RP base than the other servers (or at least, a more predominant and noticable one).

meh... through out 90% of nc1 NC Junkie managed to be a full time tradeskiller... and was the char i played about 90% of the time as well.

Switch-Blade
10-05-05, 19:39
TBH i think the reviews of neocron are justly deserved and saying they ain't,
Is just like sticking your head in the ground and saying its not raining, it maybe or maynot but you have to open your eyes and look at whats Happening to learn the truth.

Neocron was posibly the best online game i have ever played or will play but
at this moment intime its not worth paying for what is really a beta game that needs more fixes than the American DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency ). So if you don't agree with the reports done by PC gamer magazines. convince people otherwise

Explain to the powers that be what they should do to make things better but if the game comes to an end don't blame the reports done on the demise of Neocron blame it on the lies we have been told the missed release dates the general ignorance shown to the people who play the game and at one time could never of seen themselves leaving .

Morganth
10-05-05, 19:51
1 slot no transfer server gets my vote. Although if it was to happen, there'd have to be a little organisation on who goes to what faction etc to prevent an imbalance. Would be good fun though.

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 19:53
1 slot no transfer server gets my vote. Although if it was to happen, there'd have to be a little organisation on who goes to what faction etc to prevent an imbalance. Would be good fun though.

i would totally support slightly altered rules... like no more than 3 ops per clan (wouldnt stop alliances of course), lower rare drop rate, no safe zones at all (with a new server no one can use the "i took my le out years ago on my tradeksiller" excuse...), etc

Xylaz
10-05-05, 21:12
TBH i think the reviews of neocron are justly deserved and saying they ain't,
Is just like sticking your head in the ground and saying its not raining, it maybe or maynot but you have to open your eyes and look at whats Happening to learn the truth.

well the problem is that KK and fanbois will always deny that. KK is damn proud of its product, fanbois are damn happy of their game. Everyone's cool and fluffy... except for the fact, that the game is losing people instead of gaining.

20% pop on Terra now is a big fucking joke, 150 from those 200 are people who stopped playing wow for a moment to log their monk armies for a quick op fight. Guess they are happy with it. But it doesnt change anything.
Wastelands are empty, MB is empty, Dome is empty, Neocron is empty.

International release... God help all those noobs with 20 active people online at peak times. That is, if any noobs will come...

NC need more players, that's all.
New servers, regardless of how good might it look like, would only dilute population even more. And its already 3 times less people in NC2 than at the end of NC1... :/

[TgR]KILLER
10-05-05, 21:29

I'm BELGIAN

oh mijn god..

but ontopic. yea on pluto i did about anything with my PE :p went hightech rifle for a week.. went hacking 1 week went imping the other week.. even went to pure cst / rep for a few weeks.. gosh if you could only overcap as much then as you can now. would have saved me alot of levels lomming :p

Morganth
10-05-05, 21:46
i would totally support slightly altered rules... like no more than 3 ops per clan (wouldnt stop alliances of course), lower rare drop rate, no safe zones at all (with a new server no one can use the "i took my le out years ago on my tradeksiller" excuse...), etc

Yeah, most definately. With only one slot available (per account that is), I'd definately be more likely to RP. Would be tempted to migrate to Crest Village and live there again, like the good ole days on Saturn.

Comie
11-05-05, 10:41
Yeah, most definately. With only one slot available (per account that is), I'd definately be more likely to RP. Would be tempted to migrate to Crest Village and live there again, like the good ole days on Saturn.

or even the Outzone jail ;) but then we'd require the AB to be a faction

Morganth
13-05-05, 00:37
or even the Outzone jail ;) but then we'd require the AB to be a faction

Yarrh, I was the sole member of the OZ movement before it fell apart. Was good fun while it lasted though :)

solling
16-05-05, 20:43
MB is empty, Dome is empty, Neocron is empty.

gotta say we made it so tho. Even when pluto was almost dead in the end of NC1 days there was ALWAYS people in plaza 1 cant say the same even tho servers are over double now. I think its the safe zone and the fact we have alot more allie ganking or neutral ganking so that copbots dont do shit that makes it so, copbots are a great defence when we raid the city get more trouble from them then people HATE the freeze :p but it is still doable i can just imagine how easy it is on some neutral char.

also about pluto saturn bla bla 1 slot on pluto was great.... for a while but once ur char was capped ur only option is PvP wich is fun no doubt but it does get booring wich makes people but 2nd accounts, i think almost everyone in plutos later days had a 2nd avcount those who could not afford it moved to other servers 4 slot servers. I think perfect number of slots would be 2 myself, enough to play different chars and not so many as u never know who u are dealing with.