PDA

View Full Version : There is a PPU monk in Guild Wars

Netphreak
09-05-05, 19:18
Well sortta...
I was just having a look at it just to see what the classes are etc... and noticed they have a monk class (http://gwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=14) (basically a ppu) and a Necromancer class (http://gwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=2) (quite like an apu monk) however when they attack an enemy for say 20 damage they lose 20 health and then they have to use a vampire spell or leech spell to get health back...
Basically if you have a look the spells you can see thats the direction the monks in NC should have gone.

SovKhan
09-05-05, 19:47
its all about the necro/mesmer combo. btw necro in GW is nothing like APU. elementalist is more like APU.

however elementalists have a spell based on energy storage that gives you health every time you cast a spell so its not an exact match really.

Tostino
09-05-05, 19:56
Monk is sorta ppu... But they dont have the defence like ppus do in NC and they dont heal as much and one person atacking them makes them useless because they need to keep healking them selfs and cant heal anyone elce because they are out of energy. If you want to be a monk then I would be ranger/monk or warror/monk so you can take damage and heal at the same time.

LaZyBoY
09-05-05, 21:07
Well... on my monk i went Monk/Ele and with the devine spells (they use no mana) i can keep myself alive while being hit and my party alive with my other healing spells.

Nidhogg
09-05-05, 21:41
Thread moved.

N

Netphreak
09-05-05, 21:48
I'm quite surprised the thread got moved considering i was talking about how the spells etc.. could apply to NC.

Anyone here play GW? i'm tempted to try it out for a laugh (Necro/something) till nc sorts itself out.

Tostino
09-05-05, 22:23
It's fun. Right now i'm a 17 eli/monk and a 8 ranger/necro. I have been playing it on the side to NC for a week and a half now and im 90% done with all the quests/missions.

Digital-Talios
09-05-05, 23:09
It's fun. Right now i'm a 17 eli/monk and a 8 ranger/necro. I have been playing it on the side to NC for a week and a half now and im 90% done with all the quests/missions.

all of the missions in the game? btw it is fun to take a break from NC. I play KOTOR 2 on the side :cool:

Tostino
09-05-05, 23:39
Yeah. I'm 42 hrs in on my eli/monk.

[D]est
10-05-05, 14:17
Guild war looks pretty damn sexy !

Probably gonna try it, and then no more neocron!!

Tostino
10-05-05, 19:18
Umm it's not THAT good to quit NC over :p. If you think NC's end game has too little to do then this is way worse.

Netphreak
10-05-05, 19:25
Well i certainly wouldn't want to leave NC until it is closed down. I've been here from 3 months after retail ( just bought it cause i thought it looked interesting... ) and have taken a few breaks from NC but i always come back. How ever i do think its lost its charm in NC2 i mean the updated graphics i think look worse than NC1's did is some ways. The old models were much better too. Maybe not for detail but for presence and style!

I do wish they would add alot more high end non rare weapons to the game therefore allowing anyone to partisipate in the end game but for fun. Maybe remove the safe slot.
Who knows i'm as with most people we want NC's potential realised much more than it currently has.

Rabiator
22-05-05, 23:34
Tried Guild Wars in the mini-Open Beta too. Class was a Elementalist(main)/ Monk(secondary).

Pro:
-instant fun, no tedious killing of rats to level your char to a useful strength
-nice graphics

Contra:
-no FPS combat, Neocron wins this one (even if NC's FPS aspect could be improved)
-instanced missions 8|. Come on guys, instancing is fine for appartments, but when fighting outside, I want to meet other parties now and then. The shared world is what makes a MMORPG special compared to single player.

Bottom line: I'll stay with NC for now.

darkservent
23-05-05, 00:48
-instanced missions 8|. Come on guys, instancing is fine for appartments, but when fighting outside, I want to meet other parties now and then. The shared world is what makes a MMORPG special compared to single player.

Thats what has made me run from Guild Wars. I think the whole instance thing sucks ass big time. Yea someone who takes over your huntin area is annoying but its better then being a loner. Honesltly a whole world outside being instanced is not for me at all.

Dr Strange
23-05-05, 05:37
ive been playing a monk in gw alot and it is alot like the ppu in neocron

you got your heals, your shields (much like shelter deflector) and your basic buffs. i do like the variations on ressurection they offer, from casting at a difference to teleportation for the dead body, nice change of pace than one single rezz spell

Dr Strange
23-05-05, 05:40
and while the instanced mission thing does diminish meeting other people, i think its a good thing..

- i dont have to constantly watch over my shoulder while leveling

- theres no lag from having 15 people leveling in a single area on your screen at once

- if there is alot of lag (usually when you're in town) you simply change districts. cant really do that in techhaven when its full, you're just fucked with low frames at that point

Rabiator
23-05-05, 23:41
and while the instanced mission thing does diminish meeting other people, i think its a good thing..

- i dont have to constantly watch over my shoulder while leveling

- theres no lag from having 15 people leveling in a single area on your screen at once

- if there is alot of lag (usually when you're in town) you simply change districts. cant really do that in techhaven when its full, you're just fucked with low frames at that point

-You could leave the LE in if you don't like PvP.

-The lag is a NC problem, other games can handle 15 people and more on a map.
I've tried Call Of Duty Multiplayer on maps with 50-60 players. There was some lag, but less than in a NC zone with half the players. And it was one crazy gankfest, of course :D