PDA

View Full Version : How to level INT on a monk?

Superbron
09-05-05, 16:09
Hi there,

Does anybody have suggestions on how to cap INT on a monk. I've recently capped PSI (and all other skills) and found this rather hard to achieve. But my Int is still at level 87 or something like that. I guess I must level 100M XP more to cap INT.

I capped DEX, which was hard (missions). Is a monk ever able to cap its INT? Did somebody succeed?

Greetz,

COLD
09-05-05, 16:12
LOM Int to research and res. TL 150 mission BP's. Cap INT and Lom back as desired. It's about the only friend you have

Superbron
09-05-05, 16:19
Thanks, I was already afraid that this would be the solution... :(

Damn, there must be some other way to level skills.
Tradeskillers: level by the gun and lom
Monks: level by doing insane amounts of research missions and lom

o_O

[TgR]KILLER
09-05-05, 16:28
sure you can cap.. just level ?...

takes time thats all.. i know a load of monks who got woc1 in int and woc3 in psi lol.

Bugs Gunny
09-05-05, 16:31
Drive and repair a rhino.
A guy in our clan made his ppu this way.... He came out of the rhino and got his first spells at a high rank.... and didn't even know a haz from a heat:-)

SirRah
09-05-05, 16:43
Took me about two weeks to get from 100 mill INT XP to cap. I leveled in the Juggernaut only a few hours a day, and not even daily. A run gave me like 1 mill INT XP.

naimex
09-05-05, 16:45
team up with a droner and go to el farid underground city.

SovKhan
09-05-05, 17:33
i have 97 int on my char with NO researching or anything like that. no desire to lvl anymore since i cap ROF on everything and a few extra points of PSU or hack are simply just not needed what so ever.

Brammers
09-05-05, 17:50
Leveling Monk's INT - It's just as bad as a Tank Leveling CON. Monk's DEX, is a lot worse IMHO.

My monk's INT is about 92 base with a total of 215 Psi Use (With glove, cloak and implants). which is way too much I suspect.

As everyone else sugguested above, those little tips will work.

Also Firemobs are good XP as well, got a INT ding finding and killing 35 Doomies the other day... :lol:

Heavyporker
09-05-05, 18:08
Feh.

I'm at 97 base int and I been hunting rather frequently - minimum 1 hour a day for the past few years ever since retail started.

Hell, I did several hours in the DoY tunnels - got all the way down to level 3 - yesterday. INT barely moved.

SovKhan
09-05-05, 18:38
Leveling Monk's INT - It's just as bad as a Tank Leveling CON. Monk's DEX, is a lot worse IMHO.

int on a monk is the slowest lvling mainstat in the game.

Original monk
09-05-05, 18:43
int on a monk is the slowest lvling mainstat in the game.

idd, i gave up leveling int 2 years ago until KK boosted the xp gain ... then they boosted it and i still couldnt be bothered cause its still as boring :)

aslong as i can use my heavybelts and can stick in a reflexbooster instead of a nerves 3 im happy :)

SovKhan
09-05-05, 18:46
once i could wear heavy belts with DS and core in i didnt bother leveling. i think its like 99 int you need for heavy pos belt which is 88 base int on a monk you need ( 99 - (+5 int (ds) & + 5 int (core) & +1 Smart Cyber eye 1)) thats without advance nerves because i dont think a combat monk should be wearing that due to the -resist for. capping ROF on spells is a joke now with the crahn epic glove.

naimex
09-05-05, 19:01
took me 21 months to cap con on my tank..

i got 50 int lvls on my monk in less than 3 months when int xp was really sucky.

SovKhan
09-05-05, 19:08
the first 50 lvls of int are cake on a monk.

the first 50 lvls of any mainstat are easy.

you realize the total xp to go from 90 of a mainstat to 100 is the same if not more than the total xp to go from 1 to 90 in that mainstat right?

zii
09-05-05, 19:24
It took4 days to cap my PPU's DEX. Pistols are your friend and if you are buffed then you can stand by the Grim and shoot. Very boring though. his INT is still stuck somewhere crap though through laziness on my behalf.

Infinite
09-05-05, 19:33
Capped INT with no researching and no repairing.

Did make the character in december 2002 though :)

Darkana
09-05-05, 19:58
you realize the total xp to go from 90 of a mainstat to 100 is the same if not more than the total xp to go from 1 to 90 in that mainstat right?I think you are halfway XP-wise at about level 92...93, so basicly, yes, that's the sad truth.

Personally I dunno how much XP I got by researching and how much I got by leveling. Fact is, regardless what you do, it's a grind. The other thing is, which got stated, too, that all you need INT for is the PSU skill (which goes way overboard if you go pure) and the heavy belts, which are covered by the +INT of your implants (PSI core and DS and others maybe).

Back in the days I got like 300k INT xp for a MC5 run and 400 to 500k (at most) for a visit to the chaos cave. This doesn't compare to the XP you get in PSI, but is still decent enough to keep going (if you really want to cap your INT for the sake of it or need to in a way because you skilled something else than PSU, too).

Noirze
09-05-05, 22:43
Drive and repair a rhino.
A guy in our clan made his ppu this way.... He came out of the rhino and got his first spells at a high rank.... and didn't even know a haz from a heat:-)

It s the best way ever to lvl your mane skill ( here int and psi )
it do also lvl force and dex when you repair it ( you need many nanites for it and 30 points in repair, or a ppu buff )

and for const, ahah, that comes easy :p

ZoVoS
10-05-05, 01:19
Feh.

I'm at 97 base int and I been hunting rather frequently - minimum 1 hour a day for the past few years ever since retail started.

Hell, I did several hours in the DoY tunnels - got all the way down to level 3 - yesterday. INT barely moved.

lmao thats cos u wer teamed with a tank and a riful pe =) (erm and a ppu)

ROZZER187
12-05-05, 12:50
anyone seen sultana on terra??

think hes got enough int exp for woc 1 lol
and i think smurfen has got enough for woc 2 O_o

Vae Victis
12-05-05, 12:53
they dont

my old ppu had intel woc 1.. then i deleted him

my spy had 463 million overcap in intel.. anyone dare to go higher ??

ino
14-05-05, 15:29
Tankors and their con is slow to lvl shut up :) its a walk in the park compared to int on monk. If it took you 21 months to cap con on a tank you didnt even try.

E. Cryton
14-05-05, 16:30
lom to research and research raptors or next mission bps with a mac... errrm, tell ur lil brother to klick every 2 mins
or do caveruns ...
one of our ppus capped int in 1 month, he was doing caveruns all day long ...

Mighty Max
14-05-05, 17:48
Patience little Padawan,

Only that way your int means to be wise, or

... all your int are belong to us :p

j/k

Heavyporker
14-05-05, 19:49
well, What does WoC int mean for a PSI Monk, anyway? Eh? Unless there's some psi skills/items that require WoC INT?!

Mighty Max
14-05-05, 20:25
well, What does WoC int mean for a PSI Monk, anyway? Eh? Unless there's some psi skills/items that require WoC INT?!

A longer and phatter D*piep* ?

Heavyporker
14-05-05, 20:27
WTF is a D*piep* ?!?

Mighty Max
14-05-05, 20:32
WTF is a D*piep* ?!?

I let that up to your imagination, i think it aint that hard :p

:angel:

Heavyporker
14-05-05, 21:47
Dick?

Feh.

I'd hope that WoC INT would have some practical items or abilities in it.

Be truly interesting if some PSI items or abilities was locked in WoC INT.

What if Holy Paralysis needed WoC INT 1? After all, the PSI forms of parashock is basically the monk roto-tillering the target's mind so he can't move as well as before. So.. for the very best PSI para... you'd need a rock-hard mind in order to overcome another mind.

Think that would change things?

sultana
15-05-05, 08:59
I remember hearing you could only go WoC Psi or Intel, that you couldn't have both (On a monk that is). Lemme see if I can find the post.

edit:

WoC Skills are supposed to work like this:
There are 4 WoC skills, STR, DEX, INT and PSI.
The Tank can learn STR WoC.
The Spy can choose bewteen DEX and INT WoC.
The PSI Monk can choose between PSI and INT WoC.
The PE can choose between DEX and STR WoC.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=117437

Freaky Fryd
15-05-05, 20:51
What if Holy Paralysis needed WoC INT 1? After all, the PSI forms of parashock is basically the monk roto-tillering the target's mind so he can't move as well as before. So.. for the very best PSI para... you'd need a rock-hard mind in order to overcome another mind.

I would cry with joy if this became true
:D

LiL T
15-05-05, 21:18
Erm I hate holy parra but making something allready used ingame a WoC lvl item, would really piss people off o_O its new items people want for the hard work.

Freaky Fryd
15-05-05, 21:38
They already did that though...the Crossbow is WoC 1 req now...

ino
16-05-05, 03:09
Only rewards for woc, dex, psi, str should be PA4. Not to overkill and not too shabby reward. And you can see this guy has Woc whatever cause of the PA.