PDA

View Full Version : Using RoG on a PE

Netphreak
06-05-05, 05:34
Is it actually worth being a hi-tech rifle PE anymore these days?
I know the RoG got nerfed awhile ago, but is it still worth using?
I'm guessing most hi-tech PE's drug and use Healing Light but I'd prefer not to have to rely on drugs to use my promary weapon.

I'm thinking i should just stick to pure r-c and get myself and terminator and wear viper king armor...
any thoughts?

Phlith
06-05-05, 05:38
RoG isnt as good as it used to be, i actually think a pain easer is better ^^

Tostino
06-05-05, 05:39
I loved RoG when I used it. If you can aim it then it is better then a Judge.

Netphreak
06-05-05, 05:48
I loved RoG when I used it. If you can aim it then it is better then a Judge.

I always had good aim on it then i modded 1 with a laser pointer just to give that extra edge.

|R@zor|
06-05-05, 05:50
Back when my PE was rifle i used the RoG a lot to level, infact i used both the pain easer and the rog, pe when mobs (or players) where at a distance and rog when they where up close.

I have tried the RoG again today with my spy, and its still pretty good against warbots, and my spy's only level 50 so on par with a capped PE dex wise.

eprodigy
06-05-05, 07:28
i think its ok but it does seem pretty nerfed now to me... personally if i was to have a tech rifle pe id go for healing light as i wouldnt want to fight on a rog pe either without at least 1 drug..

mulle
06-05-05, 08:09
It's a raygun....you don't need to aim lol, so should be more like if you can't aim it's good, if you can aim go for PE instead

Skusty
06-05-05, 10:46
My RoG is Xray on spy so only good to drug and kill tanks? :p

But heat RoG hurts :D

solling
06-05-05, 12:04
i think pain easier is a lot better now to since u now cap aim and especially ROF easy now

Jesterthegreat
06-05-05, 13:26
RoG is like the RoLH.

it does shit all damage at first... but a DB'd enemy watches his health drop constantly.

srill there are better weapon choices out there.

[TgR]KILLER
06-05-05, 13:32
i think pain easier is a lot better now to since u now cap aim and especially ROF easy now

you always capped aim on a pe lore.. at least i did since day 1 so don't know how you are setup :p

missing half the bullets from a burst even if you cap aim is build into the weapon lol. but yea FREQ is easy cappable now. 170 was a number you could only dream of in the old days.

retr0n
06-05-05, 13:54
KILLER']you always capped aim on a pe lore.. at least i did since day 1 so don't know how you are setup :p

You have to remember, lore is a gimp :p

Netphreak
07-05-05, 01:36
So basically RoG is good for hunting and not so good for PvP unless I Damage Boost the other person.
I was wondering how the Tangent Stabber Pulse Laser Rifle is, if its any good and worth messing about with. I know the TL92 Pulse Laser Pistol is great so hoping the rifle is too.
I might just try too get a Terminator and stay low tech, I always got my rifle spy with First Love.

sultana
07-05-05, 08:17
The RoG is fun to use, and is decent in PvP, though is not really worth it when you compare it to the rest of the rifles. You could drug up to a healing light, and that will do alot more damage.

My rifle pe used to be lowtech, using only a pain easer, I capped the PE (nc2, 152/min in nc1) and had 102 agility undrugged, and that was well worth it. Later I lomed him to a RoG setup, where I could use it without PA on. To be honest, it's not really worth the tech combat to go for RoG. But now, I can drug for Healing Light if I want to, so it's still good.

Netphreak
08-05-05, 21:02
So i can lom some T-C back and use RoG for hunting and some PvP then drug for Healing Light when i feel like annoying people with it.
Problem with that is i'll need to get a Healing Light i used to have one in NC1 but it and my Disruptor didn't transfer.

landofcake
08-05-05, 23:46
Back when i used a Ray of God on a Rifle Spy (before the nerf) i thought it was pretty bad ...

On the other hand, the healing light rocks.

Also, i'd suggest against using non-drugged tech combat PE setups, you're really gimping yourself.