PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on Neocron in Asia

Tratos
04-05-05, 16:29
So alot of us have wandered to the Asian neocron 2 site and have seen the goings on over there but i have a few questions on what will be happening in the Asian neocron 2.

Will the progress of the game be same development wise?
i.e. will the servers have the same patch level as we do like AD and the French server do
Or is Neocron 2 in asia now being developed seperatly aswell?
Will the story stay the same over there in regards to alliances and such?
i know AD dont not follow the main KK storyline as strongly and have intergrated there own tweaks to it
Do KK benefit at all from the success of Neocron 2 in asia or does everything go to 10T and the asian company?

So just wondering if anyone else has any concers or questions on this matter that we could perhaps have a short report on just so we know where we stand....

Dribble Joy
04-05-05, 16:34
From what I gather it will be a bit like pandore/venus, where the patch level is the same, but different things ingame (like AB playable and the TH security bots).

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 16:41
Let's go there, powerlevel like mad and be the only ones who know something about con setups etc :-)

Nidhogg
04-05-05, 17:03
Let's go there, powerlevel like mad and be the only ones who know something about con setups etc :-)
You do know that you'll have to buy the game again and pay another monthly fee? ;)

As to the other questions:

1) They will be to all intents and purposes the same. The dynamic world and storyline may differ in the same way that Pandore differs in some respects but otherwise KK will continue to be the developer.

2) KK indirectly benefits from the Asian release in the same way that you benefit. ;)

N

Rogue Arson
05-05-05, 12:46
You do know that you'll have to buy the game again and pay another monthly fee? ;)

N

Ok... since Asia requires a new activation, will North America release require one as well?

Dribble Joy
05-05-05, 12:49
NC asian is run by different people on different servers, thus you play a different game.

Unless they do the same with the US release, then people in the states will be using the same game as europe.

That said, remember that anyone anywhere can play any of the different NCs.

Babai
08-05-05, 18:28
can any1 post a link to the neocron 2 site in asia?

Nidhogg
08-05-05, 19:24
http://www.nc-2.com

N

Heavyporker
09-05-05, 01:47
frankly, that'd be insane, making the US market separate from international servers.

trust me on this.

Seezur001
09-05-05, 02:04

1) They will be to all intents and purposes the same. The dynamic world and storyline may differ in the same way that Pandore differs in some respects but otherwise KK will continue to be the developer.

2) KK indirectly benefits from the Asian release in the same way that you benefit. ;)

N
Will we be able to play on the Asian servers the same way we can play on the French server with our current logins? Or is the Asian releaes running their own Accounts/Login servers?

naimex
09-05-05, 04:41

N

Will we be able to play on the Asian servers the same way we can play on the French server with our current logins? Or is the Asian releaes running their own Accounts/Login servers?

The way he said it, then no, you cant.

You need an asia version of the game to play on asian servers.

If thats not the case, then what Niddy said makes no sense, so I´ll assume that you DO need an asian copy of the game.

but even that doesnt make sense, since theoretically you would just have to connect to a different Server-IP.

but with their servers somewhere else, I would imagine they have independent logon servers too, and therefore only their own accounts.

in this case you would just need to buy a new account, and tie it to the asian servers somehow.

I´m confusing myself now...

Awky
09-05-05, 11:21
Who the hell is stupid enough to come up with the idea of a NEW nc server? FFS the pops are low enough.

WHY? Why? why?...

It cant be banwith issues ... Oh and sure if theres an American sever the pops in Terra will die in a sec.

And even if you would have the pops to do this shit... i have always enjouyed playing with people from every part of the world... and now you [ edited ] are separateing us.

Ive got an idea... I WANT A FINNISH SERVER!! since i want a beer labeled as poron kusi and a booze called kossu.

NO! I got a better idea make a Vatican server! If you market it well to the pope you could get a better pop than in Terra. I think there's about 300-400 people in there

good one KK

Awky
09-05-05, 11:33

N

Clarify please.

woOpin
09-05-05, 12:01
Who the hell is stupid enough to come up with the idea of a NEW nc server? FFS the pops are low enough.

WHY? Why? why?...

It cant be banwith issues ... Oh and sure if theres an American sever the pops in Terra will die in a sec.

And even if you would have the pops to do this shit... i have always enjouyed playing with people from every part of the world... and now you idiots are separateing us.

Ive got an idea... I WANT A FINNISH SERVER!! since i want a beer labeled as poron kusi and a booze called kossu.

NO! I got a better idea make a Vatican server! If you market it well to the pope you could get a better pop than in Terra. I think there's about 300-400 people in there

good one KK

They use there own launcher as far as I know there servers wont even show on the list :P

Asia players having there own NC wont effect us too much as we wont see there servers and they wont see ours so 1/2 the servers are not suddenly going to jump to a new server if thats what your worried about :)

Bugs Gunny
09-05-05, 12:22
They seem to be using a system of gametime points. You start with 10000 points and can add points later.

Awky
09-05-05, 12:23
They use there own launcher as far as I know there servers wont even show on the list :P

Asia players having there own NC wont effect us too much as we wont see there servers and they wont see ours so 1/2 the servers are not suddenly going to jump to a new server if thats what your worried about :)

It still could and probably a lot of players in asia that would be playing nc2 will probably play nc2 asia thus keeping not contributing to the server pop here. Not to mention those whom may change.

KK among a few ofher things has always been crap at advertizing thus we have never had big server pops and this might not be a big blow but it aint helping.

Still, KK has the best game ever! Im just worried that these bad policy decidions will one day make nc "ups were going belly up" (bankrupt)... closed. Im not trying to bash KK but im worried... hopefully i've explained my point.

ps. I seriously believe that if there is ever going to be an American server well be fucked up in Europe or atleast Terra.

awk

Nidhogg
09-05-05, 12:35
good one KK
As I've already said on a number of occasions, the Asian release is not handled by us, it's a partnership between 10tacle and a third-party company in Asia.

We benefit by the fact that 10tacle have a larger investment in our product and you benefit for largely the same reason; increased visibility.

N

Awky
09-05-05, 12:40
well... its already done, so i guess theres no point but i cant help but disagree on the pros and cons :rolleyes:

Ill ask for a favor intead... tell us well in advance if there will be an American server. That will be a far more bigger issue and i would like to know if it will happen. Hopefully my subscribsion fee counts for something.

fair?

awk

Jesterthegreat
09-05-05, 13:32
they havent even announced a US distributer yet... unless its counted on the int release, in which case it will be as is.

Awky
09-05-05, 13:44
As I've already said on a number of occasions, the Asian release is not handled by us, it's a partnership between 10tacle and a third-party company in Asia.

We benefit by the fact that 10tacle have a larger investment in our product and you benefit for largely the same reason; increased visibility.

N

sorry... good one 10tacel :mad:

Jesterthegreat
09-05-05, 13:48
whats the difference between an aisian server on our login server or on someone elses?

i couldnt understand the language anyway... and money goes to 10t / kk either way (for more gm's etc)

Kuya
09-05-05, 13:54
why cant the asian ppl play on our server? more population for us?

O_o

Jesterthegreat
09-05-05, 13:56
why cant the asian ppl play on our server? more population for us?

O_o

i'd rather not be spammed with "KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKE"

Awky
09-05-05, 14:17
i'd rather not be spammed with "KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKE"

tolerance dude tolerance

First of all many people who dont speak english as their first language have managed fine, secondly those people from asia whom play or infact can afford the internet usually speak or atleast spell english better than most brits i know.

If you play a crappy game called... umm forgot its name but it was Malaysian, you could always find people talking in many languages and if i didnt understand i could always ask.

I hate the fact that people cant understand and dont enjoy to play with people from all around. Sure segregate us.... pfft :(

I say: More pops and more languages are better and if you have a problem with it, its probably in your head. (not directly pointed at anyone)

awk

Sakletare
09-05-05, 14:49
http://www.nc-2.com

It's funny to see Nidhoggs title in the NC2 Asia forum. ;)

Capt. Rik
09-05-05, 15:01
It's funny to see Nidhoggs title in the NC2 Asia forum. ;)

lol there's 60 members in there and i'd guess 50 of them have been users of this forum for ages :lol:

Superbron
09-05-05, 15:14
Which company is the third party?

Heavyporker
10-05-05, 17:33
*bangs on KK's doors*

We simply must know - will the American release be added to the current International servers?

If the American Release is gonna be on separate servers, we're all doomed.

Xylaz
10-05-05, 17:35
*bangs on KK's doors*

We simply must know - will the American release be added to the current International servers?

we're doomed anyway so i doubt it would change anything...

Jesterthegreat
10-05-05, 19:27
*bangs on KK's doors*

doubtful.

asia was a seperate company.

nc1 was released in US, and i cant see why they wouldnt do the same here.