PDA

View Full Version : Patch 132 Bugs

Nidhogg
04-05-05, 14:29
Please use this thread to report any bugs you may find with patch 132. Please check to see if the bug has already been reported (use the "search this thread" function) and keep all chat/discussion to the notes thread.

N

imper1um
04-05-05, 16:37
HackNet Turrets still cause 320 damage per hit instead of 32.

Nidhogg
04-05-05, 16:46
Bugs only, please.

N

/edit - and I don't mean that the guy above me can post and no one else, before anyone says anything. :p

mulle
04-05-05, 17:24
There's no PSI AMP requirement on the TL10 newbie heal, meaning you can cast it without a PSI glove.....not sure if it matters since there's no point in not using a PSI glove

zii
04-05-05, 19:42
Prob a 131 bug:

Sword mission - repair blade.

When you return to the Blacksmith with the Shin Metal he asks you if you have it. If you press ESC then you give away the Shin Metal, but it you talk to the Blacksmith again he asks you for the metal once more. If you return and ask for Shin Metal he says that he has no more.

Result: Abort mission.

Perhaps this is intentional.

BradSTL
05-05-05, 06:31
Patch 132 fixed several of the problems with the Rigger profession missions, but it left two. First of all, Mr. Jones does not always give you mission 3, even if he says he is. It took me about 10 times through the script, on average, for each time I needed to start or restart the mission. The second bug is that the timer for the first step of that mission is set to only about 60 seconds, that is to say, if you don't get from your apartment to the Machine Room and right-click the Machine within 60 seconds, the mission times out.

BradSTL
05-05-05, 08:53
If you dismiss a vehicle while you're still in it, the engine idle sound doesn't shut off.

hegemon
05-05-05, 14:03
The new sound on the scorpion trike is some kind of high-pitched noise. Definitely not like it used to be, because last time I was driving a scorpion trike I didn't want to kick my screen in anger after 5 minutes (some sounds just make me irrationally angry).

Obsidian X
05-05-05, 15:50
When you're overqualified for a noob mission, Jones tells you so, but doesnt leave your apartment. So he'll be a in a noobs apartment permenantly if they don't finish his missions.

Dribble Joy
06-05-05, 02:44
Wierd crash, got a new error message.
Logs attached.

IceStorm
06-05-05, 06:38
Navray still doesn't work well in Abandoned Sector 5 of DoY. Running the new player missions from a Tsunami apt takes one through Abandoned Sector 5 fairly often.

aquacoder
06-05-05, 08:51
Sound of the NEXT Reveller was changed. It is high pitched and after 5 min i have to switch the sound off, coz i am getting head ache. The Quad sound is also not good for long rides.

ZoVoS
06-05-05, 09:36
freeky named copbot in p2

Jesterthegreat
06-05-05, 13:38
Navray still doesn't work well in Abandoned Sector 5 of DoY. Running the new player missions from a Tsunami apt takes one through Abandoned Sector 5 fairly often.

same with plaza 4

enigma_b17
06-05-05, 16:06
ProCity Quest - ie for the NCPD Special unit CPU

Johhny Five is horribly overpowered.......

and once again something a pu cant do

enigma_b17
07-05-05, 00:36
50/50 login bug

this has become more frequent with this patch. Cant login without getting it now, and i have to say, its beginning to "slightly" piss me off.

Crimson Duelist
07-05-05, 23:33
newbie quest navray doesnt navray to the right spot

Nidhogg
07-05-05, 23:34
newbie quest navray doesnt navray to the right spot
Can you give us some more information on this one? That's not particularly helpful on its own.

N

/edit - please, just the reporter of the bug.

Obsidian X
08-05-05, 00:48
Don't know if this came with the last patch, but exiting TH via F07 warps you at the top of a hill (think its in the middle of the zone). I filed an ingame bug-report, just thought I'd mention it on the forums.

imper1um
08-05-05, 01:09
Can you give us some more information on this one? That's not particularly helpful on its own.

N

It's with everyone as well. The idea is if a Noob Nav area is in PP3, and you are in any other sector than PP3, it will lead you to some random guy in P2. :P

enigma_b17
08-05-05, 01:26
that th3 bug has always been there, its really random aswell :/

Brammers
08-05-05, 02:05
that th3 bug has always been there, its really random aswell :/

That problem started in NC1 as well, and what's even more annoying is finding a hoverbomber at the spawn point or falling down.

Regarding the Navray bug in DoY sector 5 - I got it doing the Street Swashbuckler mission part 2 as a FA. I was following it, and then the navray decided I was going the wrong way - it wanted to send me back to sector 3, until I picked up the trail near DoY sector 3 - it was the right way then.

Jesterthegreat
08-05-05, 02:55

N

plaza 4 seems to be affected worst.

if your in there 90% of the noob locations will apparently be in a wall somewhere in p4

BradSTL
08-05-05, 04:45
plaza 4 seems to be affected worst.

if your in there 90% of the noob locations will apparently be in a wall somewhere in p4
Actually, if this is doing what I think it's doing, it's a variation on a bug that goes all the way back to NC1 beta4. If you're in the Plaza and you ask for a non-Plaza location on Navray, about half to three quarters of the time it routes you to where the Venture Warp is, or at least used to be.

capt-o
08-05-05, 07:58
I noticed this when I went to mercury. Doing the NEXT mission; at one point the NPC tells you to use the Navray to find the research lab. Turn on Navray, navray then led me to a wall behind the ?crytons? vendors on the second floor of Plaza 4.

Jesterthegreat
08-05-05, 10:59
I noticed this when I went to mercury. Doing the NEXT mission; at one point the NPC tells you to use the Navray to find the research lab. Turn on Navray, navray then led me to a wall behind the ?crytons? vendors on the second floor of Plaza 4.

same with the construction facility... apparently its inside the desk in the crytons shop in p4 :p

Dribble Joy
08-05-05, 13:32
One of the n00b areas IS inside a crytons, there is a hatch in the corner.

enigma_b17
08-05-05, 14:41
>> DoY Tunnels :: Level 3 <<
>> AoE DoY Bots <<
>> Damage <<

These mobs are stupidy overpowered. Theyr 110/110 and dropped 4 fully buffed ppus with holy heal sanctums and holy heals instantly, along with 2 fully buffed tanks and a fully buffed spy. They need some serious nerfing.

ZoVoS
09-05-05, 02:43
erm, doy tunnels 3, i survived 3 warriors 1 cybrorg and 1 aoe bot, on my tank, max energy almsot max xray and fully buffed (with holy heal), i only died when my shelter droped

*edit*

there is aparently 1 crazie mob bot down there that can drop u 3 hits buffs or no buffs, but we really see it, its bugged

-FN-
09-05-05, 03:00
Scientist Mission2: Prof. Dr. Whitley doesn't actually take the BP like he should. Then you're left with it at the end.

Bugs Gunny
09-05-05, 09:42
That same doy aoe bot has been overpowered four patches now, and just keeps on passing by the fixes. It also lives around DOY, where it kills a ppu in three shots.

BradSTL
09-05-05, 09:47
Hmm. Bugs, I've had good luck taking pro-city people through densely crowded clusters of DOY bots in the Wastelands in a Rhino. Sure, the Rhino took some damage, nothing major, but the people inside got off scot free.

I say this because I'm wondering if you'd know the mob if you saw it? If so, then if you could get someone to drive you around the desert until you saw it, you could read the name and level off of the top of it. It may well be that Reakktor hasn't fixed it yet because they haven't yet figured out which mob you mean.

Bugs Gunny
09-05-05, 10:31
Look for the squareheaded doy bot that has a missilelauncher box as a head.

When we went from next to crahn, i took a lot of people over from el farid to safety on my ppu. I almost died once due to this bot, and i was fully buffed and not even close to the runner i was healing.

Second encounter i had was when i thought it would be faster to go to soliko by gring into TG hq, outrun the guards agro on my ppu, then wait off si, take the reveler out of the asg en drive south. Well, once i was fully buffed and got in my reveler one of them spotted me. I made it across the zoneline with 5% health on the reveler left and i was near dead too. Just a few shots.

CMaster
09-05-05, 13:44
Lets see if I can post this time (my last few posts on this forum havent appeared). That isnt the same as the bugged bot down DoY tunnels. The one down the tunnel is A: more dangerous and B: Far sleeker looking. The one in the tunnel can drop 4 people, including PPUs with ONE shot. Interesting fact - if you can see the "bugged bot" shooting, then it isnt bugged. It does nasty but not ridiculous damage. Sadly however, it normally shoots without animations which is when it is at most dangerous. Damn, thats the wrong bit I have screenied. The results are accurate though

zii
09-05-05, 19:18
Where
OZ8

Who
High tech armour vendors.
High tech weapons vendors.

What
Both inventories are empty.

CMaster
10-05-05, 21:57
Pro-city admin epic, part two - the mobs in OZ2 don't despawn. AS a result of people looting the corpse and runnin, OZ1 is now pacled with 80/80s

Toxen
10-05-05, 22:11
Pro-city admin epic, part two - the mobs in OZ2 don't despawn. AS a result of people looting the corpse and runnin, OZ1 is now pacled with 80/80s

Swear this whole part of the mission needs to be reworked or moved to a less popular sector.

zii
11-05-05, 02:29
old bug: genrep to location: money deducted (500creds in this case!) plus SI, but you don't GR. You stay where you are.

zii
11-05-05, 03:18
The secret passage that leads out from the Crahn church in OZ9 drops you next to Simmons on the hillside.

ps. I've had the pay for GR, get SI and don't travel home bug twice this evening.

zii
12-05-05, 01:02
I tried to kill a smuggeler with my LEed nib char yesterday but although I could target the NPC the gun/spell did nothing. This was in PP3.

Is this a feature that I missed, or a simple bug?

Sakletare
12-05-05, 11:10
The new Rhino sound is awful. I can't stand driving it any longer. :(

Bugs Gunny
12-05-05, 11:11
It is indeed a HORRIBLE sound.
Why not just add the squeeky wheels to the existing enginesound.
It's the wheels and the tiny little muffled engine that makes it a sad vehicle now.

It used to ROAR, and instil fear on people when they heard it.

CMaster
12-05-05, 15:02
Here we go, THIS is the creation of pure evil that patrols the DoY tunnel level 3. And lsat night, I was down there with a tank and we had to figh 6 of the byggers. Pretty much nothing else, too - these bots killed most of the superwarriors.
http://www.optima-systems.net/linxsoft/bugbot.jpg

msdong
13-05-05, 18:50
when you do research/construct missions there is sometimes no arrow to the guy you need to get the parts from.

Ninjano2002uk
14-05-05, 01:46
[ edited ]

Original monk
14-05-05, 13:58
http://www.optima-systems.net/linxsoft/bugbot.jpg

isnt she sweet :)

IceStorm
16-05-05, 06:37
I have seen high level BD NPCs in OZ1 and Ind A sector 1.

It's all well and good to add more NPCs for high level quests, but keep in mind that to do the BT epic, people have to talk to a person in OZ1. My BT was blown away entering OZ1. Luckily the alternate access to OZ1 didn't have any BD roaming around.

Why for the love of Reeza are there 80/80 anti-city NPCs in OZ1 and Ind A? Couldn't you choose a zone that isn't heavily trafficked? Like the MAIN SEWER ZONES that NO ONE GOES TO?

If it HAS to be in OZ, how about opening up the doors in OZ4 to the building we used to visit in Beta 2?

enigma_b17
16-05-05, 09:37
Thos guards spawn when you talk to the mission npc's....the problem though becomes that you dont have to kill them to complete the mission, so people tend to just talk to the npc or do what they absoutely have to, and leave the rest.

msdong
16-05-05, 11:18
when you do research/construct missions there is sometimes no arrow to the guy you need to get the parts from.

this is for TG missions.

Noirze
16-05-05, 12:19
Patch 132, when you have the Mr Jones heal ( rejuvanetion ro something like that )

If you heal your self, and then stealth, nobody can see your heal, so your on stealth and you re completly invisible ( like usual with stealth )

Heal tl 10 + stealth = stealh but can t see the heal !

Jesterthegreat
16-05-05, 12:42
Patch 132, when you have the Mr Jones heal ( rejuvanetion ro something like that )

If you heal your self, and then stealth, nobody can see your heal, so your on stealth and you re completly invisible ( like usual with stealth )

Heal tl 10 + stealth = stealh but can t see the heal !

and it doesnt need a glove... perfect rep monkey heal :p

CMaster
16-05-05, 13:02
I have seen high level BD NPCs in OZ1 and Ind A sector 1.

For the fith time - the aren't black dragon and the ones in Ind A despawn pretty fast. However, you point is still valid.

Toxen
16-05-05, 13:11
Yuh there some new kinda ? dragon group that took over when BD left for doy

ZoVoS
16-05-05, 14:43
OMG UBER, every pe out there train meele combat to the max ;)

in stealth u can pull ur fist and punch ppl lmao, so capped meele can gank noobs by punching them todeath and nobody can do jack about it :rolleyes: just what this game needs

Jesterthegreat
16-05-05, 16:37
OMG UBER, every pe out there train meele combat to the max ;)

in stealth u can pull ur fist and punch ppl lmao, so capped meele can gank noobs by punching them todeath and nobody can do jack about it :rolleyes: just what this game needs

half the time this destealths you on others screen, but no on yours.

this of course means that you cant heal or use a weapon, but are fully targetable.

exploiters beware ;)

Kuya
17-05-05, 10:00
well.. The CM epic still doesnt work because micheal is still missing, and the NC Quest doesnt work either because the mob at the church in OZ 5 just dissapears.. GM's call it a "known Issue"....

Bugs Gunny
17-05-05, 11:24
Yep, punching takes you out of stealth on other people's screen.

What i would like to see fixed is that taking drugs while in stealth does exactly the same thing..... it's a spykiller :-(