PDA

View Full Version : Salvaging, the good the bad and the ugly

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 10:39
I think i'm one of the few people on the server who went all out crazy and made a tl 162 recycler, for salvaging items.

It's good for salvaging broken vehicle keys and low slotted weapons (too heavy to cary to hew's).
You can actualy get a real good return from some items doing salvaging.
Plus recycling wp's up to higher ones with 162 is ..... fast :-)

One thing bothers me a lot though. There are some items, when salvaged return "invisible parts". It for instance happens to the CA plasma wave.
Salvage that and get 4 empty boxes and then some chems.
You can't pull them out of the processor window, you have to press salvage once more for you to be able to do another weapon.

Anyone know what this is? And how to prevent it?

IceStorm
04-05-05, 10:46
Anyone know what this is? And how to prevent it?Try re-logging to see if they change to the MNPU parts it's made of?
And how to prevent it?Don't be a salvage whore in the first place? :-)

aquacoder
04-05-05, 12:08
I want to lom my conster from pistol to recycle.
How much salvage does make sense ? So even the > TL 100 items return the most parts and chems.

LOST
04-05-05, 12:34
I want to lom my conster from pistol to recycle.
How much salvage does make sense ? So even the > TL 100 items return the most parts and chems.exactly what i did a while ago.
at the moment with 120 rec (i think :o ) i get a fair return on items. not sure i can justify losing pistols all together for a bugs level of recycle.

you dont get any mnpu's from the SF plasma waves ? strange me thinks.
if you get them from dead rhino's you should get them from all HN built things.
unless they are low level parts without your high skill.
what parts do they take to make ?

edit: sorry, answer now: no never come across these empty slots. perculiar.
are those SF plasma waves any good btw ? always wanted one..but not ca ;)

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 12:49
Cap for a rhino key is 6X parts and a gamomin.
Dunno about higher tl's, but i think the rhino cap is at around 120 rec.

MoschMongo
04-05-05, 13:27
edit: sorry, answer now: no never come across these empty slots. perculiar.
are those SF plasma waves any good btw ? always wanted one..but not ca ;)

If you have a 5slot with ammo mod, ultima enhanced enhanced enhanced thingy and you consider more dmg than a CS at the aiming of a Ravager good, yes i recommend you get one :D

Obsidian X
04-05-05, 15:29
If you salvage a TL100 rare, how many techs would you get back from it with your REC skill Bugs?

Vae Victis
04-05-05, 15:31
u guys actually recycle broken keys and such :confused:

wow... now i HAVE seen everything

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 15:33
erm ye, i bought broken keys for some cash, hes like i want a quick sale, i knew they were broken, recycled 2 keys made on vhc for much less than the vhc would have cost me =)

never tryed recycleing a rare, but i do have 2 moonies and 2 mals, im gona recycle one of each to test oneday when im less puccified

Terkantia
04-05-05, 15:39
If you have a 5slot with ammo mod, ultima enhanced enhanced enhanced thingy and you consider more dmg than a CS at the aiming of a Ravager good, yes i recommend you get one :D

Those things hit THAT fukkin hard?!?!!!

LOST
04-05-05, 15:42
*starts campiagn to remove CA only req off the SF plasma wave*

think at cap you get 2/3 of 5/6 parts back. think. (random part of course)
maybe someone has discovred the part return 'cap' without mentioning it.

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 16:10
I haven't tried a rare yet, but i have a fraps video of me salvaging a reveler key for fun :-) It gave..... nothing.

And why not salvage keys? With the help of my tl171 barter i can replace a rhino (when given the key) for a fraction of the cost of a new one. And i mean REAL cheap.

CMaster
04-05-05, 16:13
I tried a slotless Termi on my recycler a bit back - I got Trisol and 2 other chems that were worth even less...

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 16:15
Cmaster, lemme guess, around 60 recycle?
If it gets that kind of stuff you should have gotten at least a weaponpart 5 or 6 out of it , along with some other parts and chems.

Obsidian X
04-05-05, 17:03
So you don't get Tech parts back? I have a BoC thats nearing the end of its life cycle (about 30/50 condition), and was hoping to salvage it into a few techs so I could hopefully one day rebuild it.

CMaster
04-05-05, 18:43
Nope, about 105 recycle. Also gets a HUGE pile of gamoin out of rhinos. Going to a mine gets 5 MNPU + 2 Gamoin from a rhino.

bubba
04-05-05, 19:33
AFAIK you do not get techs back from recycling rare weapons at all. Tried with a 140ish salvager.

Vae Victis
05-05-05, 02:21
you actually need someone with 80 recycle to do the FA epic

(if anyone has a tl 80 recycler, plz PM me! :D)