PDA

View Full Version : I thought turrets had to be INSIDE outposts?

BradSTL
04-05-05, 04:21
This (http://www.optima-systems.net/linxsoft/worm1.jpg) is the second time in recent weeks I've seen turrets placed outside the outpost walls. It's also the second time I've seen them where they had line of sight to the genrep. Did the placement rules for turrets change, or is this a bug?

Scanner Darkly
04-05-05, 04:25
That snap is a bit dark Brad, didn't you use a flash O_o

aKe`cj
04-05-05, 05:49
if you spot a turret outside the op - call a gm. Afaik rules haven't changed but turrets still tend to "wander off" rarely.

msdong
04-05-05, 08:39
wasn't the rule - no turrets shoot the GR ?

damn, those where the days when you have to watch your steps in op zones.

RogerRamjet
04-05-05, 09:13
Id say that shot was taken at Tescom uplink, so the turrets are still inside the OP wall. Tescom has like 3 sections, a court yard thing when you enter, a place with the hack term, and down a corridor is another court yard with the UG.

Xeno LARD
04-05-05, 09:19
Id say that shot was taken at Tescom uplink, so the turrets are still inside the OP wall. Tescom has like 3 sections, a court yard thing when you enter, a place with the hack term, and down a corridor is another court yard with the UG.
Yeah, looks like tescom. So the turrets are actually in the op, between the small place in front of the hackthing, the corridor to the ug entrance and the actual op entrance.
The only op where ive really seen turrets outside was several mines because of their rather crappy design. Especially yutano, seen turrets miles away from the op...

CMaster
04-05-05, 12:51
Correct - that is my shot, and those turrets, while hostile to me were definatley inside the OP - there are just some internal walls. And yeah, its tescom.

LOST
04-05-05, 12:53
The only op where ive really seen turrets outside was several mines because of their rather crappy design. Especially yutano, seen turrets miles away from the op...shhhh......

arent any turrets outside tescom...or recently anyway, had to do a lube run there. and nothing at yutano :p

edit: to the person who put them there (you know !!!) are they my artillary turrets ??
*gasp* you robber ;)
-if there not i'm alittle embarressed. please excuse me.

Brammers
04-05-05, 12:59
If it's Tescom, I know the op owner.

One thing myself and [TgR]Killer noticed the other day was all the turrets had creeped a little to the East within a day, and that was I think the end of last week.

So if there is a "Creeping turret bug" or even a "Creeping op bug", it's likely that the creeping is so bad that one has escaped.

CMaster
04-05-05, 13:01
Brammers - read my post. Brad is using my shot, which shows turrets well within the OP boundaries. Its just that tescom has some internal walls.

Brammers
04-05-05, 13:04
This (http://www.optima-systems.net/linxsoft/worm1.jpg) is the second time in recent weeks I've seen turrets placed outside the outpost walls. It's also the second time I've seen them where they had line of sight to the genrep. Did the placement rules for turrets change, or is this a bug?

Er Brad that screenie shows two turrets INSIDE the op at Tescom, in the main courtyard area.

Brammers
04-05-05, 13:07
Brammers - read my post. Brad is using my shot, which shows turrets well within the OP boundaries. Its just that tescom has some internal walls.

I posted before I saw the screenie and your comment... But my original post and point still remain. Those turrets was still well within the op when I saw the op the other day, even if they had creeped.

[TgR]KILLER
04-05-05, 13:32
lol powerposting eh brammers ;)

but yea brammers pmed me on the THN forums about it.. those turrets on that screenshot are well within the OP.. even more i can't even place them remotely close to the entrance or ug because i get the error that i can't place them because its to close to a zone point..

and there is no way in hell the art's can shoot all the way to the gr lol. they sometimes shoot mobs that crawl all around the op walls or spawned inside the op but thats it.

i saw a turret outside an op a few weeks ago can't remember what op it was tho.

(edit) and yea it is Cmasters his screenshot it is even still called "worm1" its from the thread in the RP forum were tfc went to hunt at the worm tunnels and stop to look at the light show. that 1 turret right is in the first room of the op infront of a gogo ( a little more to the right )

i don't even think you'v been at the op brad you just saw the screenshot and start complaining about it. if you were in the op itself you would have seen pretty damn fast that those turrets are miles in the op.

now i like an apology for making me look bad :x

BradSTL
04-05-05, 17:30
OK, I did misread the screenshot. I am somewhat familiar with Tescom, because the Warbot Graveyard just east of there is a great place to solo level if you're a tank with a plasma wave. I apologize for misreading it.

I will say this about Tescom though. The artillery turrets do not aggro on you until you get well within the walls or you shoot one of them. But once they do aggro, those shots arc to far, far the other side of the genrep. In fact, I was still getting hit from the top of that next hill east of there, had to go about halfway down the other side of that hill to get out of range. I think that's what they're designed to do, though -- have short aggro range but nearly infinite combat range.

I absolutely did see turrets outside the op walls at some outpost down south, though, but I can't remember which one. That's what had me wondering, when I saw a second screencap that made it look to me like there was a second one. I apologize for being wrong about Tescom, but I did still want the general rule clarified.

[TgR]KILLER
04-05-05, 21:12
tescom is bugged as hell turret wise you can't place turrets in most of the op was down there with a GM to try and sort some stuff out. prob gonna have to get dev's to change the zone and get it updated next patch.

but yea i know some op had a turret outside the walls i saw it to a while ago.

and btw if you got agro'd you weren't on your ts chars.. or you shot the turrets first... cause they shouldn't agro TS at all your green :p

CMaster
04-05-05, 23:26
Depends on the setting. Isn't there an "GR Clan/Attack All"? or similar?

[TgR]KILLER
04-05-05, 23:53
Depends on the setting. Isn't there an "GR Clan/Attack All"? or similar?

hell there is a clan / clan option.. but trust me when i say i know what tescom is set on ;x

BradSTL
05-05-05, 02:10
KILLER']if you got agro'd you weren't on your ts chars
Correct in both regards. That was when I was trying to get that PPR chip, the one I was complaining about the inventory bug stealing from me. (You may remember my complaint here; I finished the PP epic, but only had the chip in my inventory for all of 5 minutes before a bug deleted it, and Reakktor won't give it back to me.) And even then, rather than enter the outpost, I was shooting the outpost's turrets. My hope was to blow one up, in hopes that some Fallen Angels would come out to defend it, because I never ever in over a week saw an FA outside a safezone and I didn't want to have to pay for an FA faction kill. But it was taking far too long for one tank with a Ravager, who kept having to retreat to heal up, to take one down so I got bored and gave up.

So yeah, it's not exploitable by you guys, because the turrets weren't aggroing on me anywhere they weren't supposed to. But trust me when I say that at least from that high up, the range is about halfway to the edge of the zone. That's not a complaint, that's a compliment to Reakktor from me. It seems to me that that's exactly what they should do.