PDA

View Full Version : Warbots in J_02

Netphreak
04-05-05, 04:10
Was just wondering has anyone been getting tech parts from the warbots/warbots titans in this sector?
I just killed 16 and go no tech parts at all. 8| o_O

BradSTL
04-05-05, 04:15
That's not my favorite sector to hunt Warbots in (in fact, it may be my least favorite) so I haven't been hunting there, but a losing streak of 16 Warbots isn't unheard of. I think my record so far is 28 in a row. Sometimes that's just how the dice roll.

Scanner Darkly
04-05-05, 04:23
if you can handle it, try hunting fire mobs - esp Doomies - they tend to drop fairly well, and no need to waste time hacking either.

As to where they are - have a look around (the east).

I don't think TP drop is determined by the zone, but sometimes I get 2 or 3 parts out of 20 WBs and at other times its more like 1 part in 3 kills. Just random, dumb luck...

Original monk
04-05-05, 10:18
Was just wondering has anyone been getting tech parts from the warbots/warbots titans in this sector?
I just killed 16 and go no tech parts at all. 8| o_O

like 2 previous post said: this is all about luck :) yust keep killing WB's and everything else that moves in that zone (maybe not the cmguards tough) after a while you MUST get parts :)

reminds me of the time the commander wasnt certain to drop a part .. he could drop 3 sometimes tough :) ... my record was 30 commanders (about 3 hours) and not a single tech, if i say this to ethereal he still goes crazy :)

after those 30 we gave up and went to bed :)

Xylaz
04-05-05, 10:29
its not that bad, my record in j02 was like 100 warbots (3 days of hunting) without a single tech...

LOST
04-05-05, 12:41
its not that bad, my record in j02 was like 100 warbots (3 days of hunting) without a single tech...can say the same for fire mobs for my tank.
cant remember the exact number of chaser's and percy's i killed without a part.
not to mention doomies.

after that daft high level mission im not killing wb's or fire mobs for a loooong time.

-just keep slogging away. then one day you'll get 2 parts in one and the world be a sunny happy place again.

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 13:35
i like gab sector... warzone, horrors, brutes, wb's, wb titans, and occasional people to kill ;)

Scanner Darkly
04-05-05, 14:18
Just to clear this up - going by about 3 weeks of solid hunting (I do mean hardcore) it seems that high level mobs (decayed, grims, not tried hoverbots since nc1 yet) drop techs much less frequently than the lower rank tech mobs.

Doomreapers seem best actually, and WBs a close second.

In the end it's a tradeoff between xp gain and tech gain. If you prefer to level and get the occasional tech and better xp kill the 100/100-120/120 mobs. If you want more techs and less xp I suggest killing the lower rank mobs.

Not sure what the drops are like in the DoY tunnels, but then again they arent soloable (unless youre a hybrid?)

Original monk
04-05-05, 14:46
Not sure what the drops are like in the DoY tunnels, but then again they arent soloable (unless youre a hybrid?)

not soloable ... maybe when youre a ppuhybrid with the multilightningbolt and the levels 1 or 2 caves ... but this wouldnt be efficient, much easier would be a apu/ppu or tank/ppu then :)

not to mention you need to hack certain bots wich also contains the risk of being backstabbed by other bots :) when youre with 2 the other one can warn you over voicecom (or yust yell at eachother when youre in lan, thats what i mostly do :) )

CMaster
04-05-05, 14:52
Considerable rhinoing shows that Doomies drop techs more often than any other firemob - although terror leapers are good, should you find one. Still, warbots always seemed the best - even though you could have really crappy days.

Netphreak
05-05-05, 04:02
Guessing i was just having a bad night. I do remember when i used to get atleast 1 tech part from every other Warbot sometimes even get 3 tech's in 1 Warbot! 8|

Xylaz
05-05-05, 10:33
yesterday i found 3 techs in a raptor... so its not that bad after all ;)

RogerRamjet
05-05-05, 17:36
They should put a garuanteed drop rate in, say either a tech or a armour part 10 or something atleast.

chroniccheese
05-05-05, 21:47
I like hunting Warbots in j02 cuz theres so many of them there. In the past few days ive probably gotten 30+ tech parts in j02 alone. I think that it is just random when they drop parts because sometimes ill get 2-3 in one warbot but then go 15+ warbots without a single tech part.

|R@zor|
05-05-05, 21:56
I regularly find 2 exp techs in one warbot, and lately i've rarely gone 5 or 6 warbots without a tech

Obsidian X
06-05-05, 23:53
Has there been a stealth nerf on Tech drops recently? I killed over 40 WBs today and got a meagre 5 techs. Tried different zones as well.

Netphreak
07-05-05, 01:42
I would have to say yes... from all the hunting I've been doing, different chars and different sectors and mobs I've noticed alot less tech parts dropping.
The drop rate on Doomies seems to have been nerfed with the nerf hammer! :lol: