PDA

View Full Version : PE's: Blessed Deflector or TL 3 Deflector

Obsidian X
04-05-05, 02:36
Is it worth speccing the extra MST as a PE for Blessed Deflector, or is the difference negligable becuase of the high requirements on it? What do the PEs out there think?

Dribble Joy
04-05-05, 02:43
The extra protection, at least in my experience, of the blessed def is worth it.

I use br3 anyway, so the mst isn't wasted.

-FN-
04-05-05, 03:06
Voted Blessed - the added protection is pretty noticeable. The only drawback is the extended cast time methinks.

eprodigy
04-05-05, 03:33
a good percentage of PE's spec for haz1/heat1/br3 so they have the MST anyway, as I now do, so its already usable my me. from my limited experiance between the two, the blessed seems to provide a noticibly more protection then normal one.

whifix
04-05-05, 09:16
Blessed helps against the evil Melee'ers, droners and evil psi attack 2 hybrids. Down side is you have to learn the longer dance and cast skill and have to switch the PA off to cast it if you are a PA wearing pistoler or rifler.

Dribble Joy
04-05-05, 09:21
Depends on what PA you are using and which booster, but You should be able to cast blessed def with PA on.

RogerRamjet
04-05-05, 09:22
TL3 is my favourite. I cap it so the protection aint to shabby, and in PvP it helps with the frequency.

Xeno LARD
04-05-05, 09:24
No PA and BR3/HAZ3 is the way to go anyway, so i'd use the blessed one anyway.
On the other hand, a TL 3 deflector is a nice thing to have on a lowtech PE... ;)

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 13:33
On the other hand, a TL 3 deflector is a nice thing to have on a lowtech PE... ;)

nib buffing scum :p

j/k :D

but yeah i agree with all (except one...) here. blessed is the way

[TgR]KILLER
04-05-05, 13:40
been using blessed from day 1.. i use pa tho ( cause i don't like to be a drug whore :p ) but been taking pa off since the day they put it ingame to cast the def so i'm used to it ;x

and i need pa for my setup :p pa is more pc is less gimpage in agil meens less drugs to counter the agil loss =)

enigma_b17
04-05-05, 13:44
voted blessed:

the way i see it is if you dont use it your not making use of a pe. I mean a pe gets a higher defence through the use of higher tl defensive spells which spies and tanks cannot use, so not using them would be a bit of a waste, plus the difference between a basic deflector and a blessed is as previously stated quite noticable.

SovKhan
04-05-05, 14:41

you mean HAZ1 right???

Vae Victis
04-05-05, 15:32
Blessed helps against the evil Melee'ers, droners and evil psi attack 2 hybrids. Down side is you have to learn the longer dance and cast skill and have to switch the PA off to cast it if you are a PA wearing pistoler or rifler.
well thats ur punishment for using the PA in the first place! :D

servers u right.

lowtech rifle PE for win

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 15:38
niether invest it all in resist psi :P lmao

unreal
04-05-05, 15:43
Don't see the reason for a poll here, everyone apart from a couple of tards who don't make use of their PE as much as they could will vote blessed. It's like saying "should I use a TL10 pistol or TL115 pistol?" :o.

Obsidian X
04-05-05, 15:44
20 votes in Favour of Blessed Def. I think I have my answer now :D

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 16:07
tl 10 if they make a noob pistol as good as the katana :D

RogerRamjet
04-05-05, 17:16
KILLER']and i need pa for my setup :p pa is more pc is less gimpage in agil meens less drugs to counter the agil loss =)

I have just made a pistol PE that uses drugs, and i have to say that using drugs instead of PA is alot better than i expected. If only KK would re introduce the exp reflex booster 4 id be fast as fook and still cap my judge.

Tostino
04-05-05, 17:30
I have just made a pistol PE that uses drugs, and i have to say that using drugs instead of PA is alot better than i expected. If only KK would re introduce the exp reflex booster 4 id be fast as fook and still cap my judge.
It is some where in MB in a smuggler.

Dribble Joy
04-05-05, 17:49
Not the best imp any way...

Morganth
04-05-05, 17:57
TL3 run castability all the way.

I tried using Blessed Def, and it didn't change the number of times I'd survive a fight, so I went back to tl3.

Selendor
04-05-05, 18:31
TL3, but simply because I didn't bring me blessed accross from Neocron 1, and I can't be arsed to take off my PA in the middle of a fight. Would have made my usual whinge about not using a Private Eye anyway, but since today's patch I might dust down the old Judge :cool: And to think I nearly deleted him the other day...

RogerRamjet
04-05-05, 19:07
It is some where in MB in a smuggler.

Not on mercury it aint.

Transformer
04-05-05, 21:42
TL3. no need to use blessed. just a longer cast and hassle of taking off your PA blah blah blah. sure you could spec more mst but then you gimp your dmg on your heals. i'd rather have a fast casting TL3 Def and Tl3 Heal.

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 21:44
TL3. no need to use blessed. just a longer cast and hassle of taking off your PA blah blah blah. sure you could spec more mst but then you gimp your dmg on your heals. i'd rather have a fast casting TL3 Def and Tl3 Heal.

hmm.. lets play "spot the ff in the thread"

:edit: thats right! its the one giving bad advice! whether he actually believes it himself... how knows?

think he knows that a tank can have about 500% damage on a heal... a pe can cap an unmodded heal. theres no way in hell that speccing for a blessed def "gimps" a tl 3 heal.

E. Cryton
04-05-05, 23:13
It's like saying "should I use a TL10 pistol or TL115 pistol?" :o.

its not.

as a high-tech pe u'd have take off ur pa every 2 mins to recast blessed def...

mulle
05-05-05, 00:30
its not.

as a high-tech pe u'd have take off ur pa every 2 mins to recast blessed def...
as a high-tech pe u would be drugged up for br3/haz1 so you won't have to take off your pa...

Awky
05-05-05, 11:57
by far the blessed

Dribble Joy
05-05-05, 12:39
as a high-tech pe u would be drugged up for br3/haz1 so you won't have to take off your pa...
For BR3 using PA3 you have to spec one more mst than you need for the buff in MST in order to cast blessed def with PA on.
Obviously you have to be on NS all the time.

Mr Kot
05-05-05, 13:00
I've done tests on this.

Headshots from a silent hunter @ point blank range(pretty consistent damage every shot) taken average of 3 readings from health loss. Same with self cast capped TL3 deflector, no other buffs, then same with self cast TL35 deflector (300% dmg or something).

The TL35 gave more protection. It's not a great deal of difference. The difference between TL3 and TL35 is about the same as the difference between unbuffed an TL3.

Dribble Joy
05-05-05, 13:16
The SH is really NOT the best weapon to use for dmg testing. It does too much dmg and effects from the locational and other hp based things start taking effect.

You would be better off with a PE or melee weapon.

whifix
06-05-05, 20:38
Melee still does random damage. Wyatt Earp would be a good way to test with regular ammo.

sultana
07-05-05, 08:12
Don't see the reason for a poll here, everyone apart from a couple of tards who don't make use of their PE as much as they could will vote blessed. It's like saying "should I use a TL10 pistol or TL115 pistol?" :o.
Cause we all know there is a tl 115 pistol.

Why don't you go duel revenger's eye when he plays a pe, and then tell him he's not using his "pe as much as he could" cause he uses a tl 3 deflector.