PDA

View Full Version : You get to play now AT $9.99 per month for 10 months ! amazing deal or no? ....

TOASTIE
03-05-05, 18:07
I was told by a game store that if you buy the box version of the nc1 game you get 30 days play in nc2.
He then told me that if I buy the last 10 boxes that he has "at a discount price 9.99 per box and with tax in I can then get the 10 box cd keys and have someone link them together to give me 10 months game play on "one" account.
This way i actually pay 9.99 Canadian per month for 10 months and not have to redo a character every 30 days. At that time paypal will be out and i can continue payments that way.

Will this work?
It sounds too good to be true, but then again... :p [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Tratos
03-05-05, 18:15
Wont work, you cant actualy GET NC1 accounts anymore it doesnt exist also that red is really harsh on the eyes

TOASTIE
03-05-05, 18:18
ack sorry i'll go back to white.

I was seeing on amazon and ebay as well as in stores neocron1 boxes still on the shelf.

So if one was to buy one of thoes boxes their fucked with no game play? :confused:

Tratos
03-05-05, 18:20
ack sorry i'll try blue.

I was seeing on amazon and ebay as well as in stores neocron1 boxes still on the shelf.

So if one was to buy one of thoes boxes their fucked with no game play? :confused:
I assume so, perhaps Mr Nid could clear this up.

TOASTIE
03-05-05, 18:26
:confused: I have a few links that are still selling it. This box sais not 30 days, but 50 days of game play, strange. http://www.chipsworld.co.uk/detProd.asp?ProductCode=6830

here is one at bestprices.com and they have a bunch in stock.
http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/852898000040BT.html

They have TONS of neocron1 at ebay.
www.ebay.com

I can go to my local computer shop EB "electronic boutiq" and "Radio Shack" and grab it off the shelf.

Maybe they are selling it still because they bought a shit load and now are stuck with it.

They want you to buy it so once you get home and open the box they know that you cant return used software. A lame way to sell their shit and break even.

fuckin ppl. If that's the case i'm making some emails to these company's and third partys about this fraud shit. That would explain why my brothers aint working.

He bought one of the cd's a month ago from Radio Shack and is having problems getting the acc to go through and ingame.

Tons of neocron1 boxes being sold. If they are not usable anymore then that really sux and radio shack and other companys selling them knowing this is wrong. :(

I'm not a laywer, but ain't that illegal? "selling shit that dont work, knowing it and not taking it back once confronted ? "

Damn i'm sure a store cant do that...

Nidhogg
03-05-05, 18:39
An NC1 box is pretty much useless now. You can't create an NC1 account any more and you can't upgrade to NC2 on the cheap either. Even back in the day 10 NC1 accounts would just give you 10 accounts you could play for one month. ;)

If you buy an NC1 game without knowing this then you should take it back to the store that sold it you and ask for either a refund or a swap for an NC2 box when they hit the shelves.

N

/edit - see Odin's comment below - you can create an NC1 account but it's not advised.

TOASTIE
03-05-05, 18:50
I went to the store with my brother and ofcource like any place if you buy software and open it then it's "not returnable".

This is what fusterates me.

Not like it was a lot of money "9.99 Canadian". The point is that other people will buy the game and find out the hard way that they are buying shit.

Worst part is that the computer store knows about this as we were not the first ones to be scammed like this.

They continue to sell their neocron1 box in stores to customers. I did talk to the manager and she sais "oops i'm sorry, but their is nothing you can do". Fuck that i thought, hahahaha.

Now that i have the facts "thank you nidhogg" i'm going to write a formal complaint letter to their head office of this scam shit as well as to third partys which can throw their weight on them with a fine or have the power to force them to pull it off the shelf.

I'm sure that you cant intentionaly sell unusable shit on the market and say "oops i'm sorry, but their is nothing you can do about it, have a nice day, she sais"

Sorry i'm so fusterated, but i hate this that they sell to customers which want to play neocron and once their home it's fucked up and they cant get their money back "no return policy on software".

If i were in their shoes i would not want to give neocron2 a try if neocron1 didnt work and lost 10 bux.

After i'm done writing that letter and making a few calls i'll CC you on the email nidhogg. I'm sure you want to be posted, hahaha :angel:

Tratos
03-05-05, 19:01
Perhaps also contacting -shudders- CDV Germany as i understand they dealt with the distribution of Neocron 1 and may be able to do something about it.

paolo escobar
03-05-05, 19:10
Will this work?
It sounds too good to be true, but then again... :p
That reminds me of a well known saying, now what was it??? :lol:

TOASTIE
03-05-05, 19:13
Perhaps also contacting -shudders- CDV Germany as i understand they dealt with the distribution of Neocron 1 and may be able to do something about it.

I will do that too. I'm going to university tonnight, so i'll make sure i pass by the law class and see if any of my buddies wants to help me too. Perhaps he can make some money off this.

I hope that they just take it off their shelf, but some thing tells me they would rather sell it at cost and try to break even.

I hope they will just take it down because it's the RIGHT thing to do, but not many companys do the right thing if it means making less money...

Well i hope their fax machine has a LOT of ink for when i fax over 10000 copys of black paper "chuckle" Jokeing :lol:

paolo escobar
03-05-05, 19:17
That reminds me of a well known saying, now what was it??? :lol:

Gutted for ya man, now go get ur money back and more importantly DO BUY NEOCRON 2 when its released as a boxed version.

Oh and if u dont manage to get ur money back, i know a man who will introduce their knee caps to his 9 iron :)

EDIT > Ah shit sorry for the double post, i hit submit instead of preview, then instead of editing i wend totally mad. my apologies, will a mod plz delete my post above this one. thankyou

Heavyporker
03-05-05, 21:14
"Caveat Emptor"?

Odin
03-05-05, 22:03
Actually Neocron 1 accounts can still be made but I wouldn't recommend it. It's only their for contractual reasons. However the box has been discontinued for about a year now and any retailer would know this.

TOASTIE
04-05-05, 04:26
yeah Odin i agree. They SHOULD know this. That's why i think they are just trying to sell the game at cost to make their money back.

I talked to a few people and were looking into it. I went to radio shack and informed them. They said they would look into it and then if i was telling them the truth they would pull it from their shelf.

I told Electronic Boutique and they laughed. I talked for a few minutes with the kid manager their and he said "well it it still being bought and were not about to trash it, so if someone buys it its their problem".

Nice eh.. :lol:

Ah well what can i do.... "sigh"...

IceStorm
04-05-05, 06:45
Actually Neocron 1 accounts can still be made but I wouldn't recommend it.Why not? Is a new NC1 account no longer upgradeable to NC2 status?

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 13:25
Why not? Is a new NC1 account no longer upgradeable to NC2 status?

the snap shot has been and gone... i imagine the servers wont be up indefinatly.

anyone who starts playing on nc1 now will have an even lower server pop than us, and when he decides to upgrade he wont be able to move his chars.

Digital-Talios
04-05-05, 15:40
I went to the local game stop store and found NC1. Its going for about 5 bucks now. Im sorry for the lonesone person who buys it to find they wasted 5 bucks :lol: