PDA

View Full Version : My Vehicle Theme week!

Clive tombstone
03-05-05, 09:51
we'll Since Ive seen nothing happening about vehicles recently, and I KNOW there's a bunch of other people out there that share the same hobbies I do with vehicles of all kinds, wether it be from bikes and ATV's, to Hover bombers and scouties. ...

Anywho

This little thread is about everything that could and/or should be changed about vehicles, but dont worry Ill make this perfectly fair for the community by allowing the people, yes YOU the people help decide on priority of how vehicles should be fixed.

First up! bugs and the like!

-Vehicle restrictions and crashs- Right now, this bug may be only a concern to ether low level vehicle spies, and Private eyes right now, but as Ive been testing, ive seen that when say you do NOT meet the requirments to a vehicle (IE your drugs run out, or whatever) you still remain in the vehicle seat. No harm, no foul right? WRONG, when you zone in a vehicle I think its almost a 100% of the time that youll be warped or Perma synced (the black screen of death I call it).

(Fixing this) Honestly, since Im just getting into programing, I dont know that much on how to fix it, but maybe how to get to the solution. Its obvious that the client or server recognizes that the player(s) do not meet the requirments to use said equipment, yet the players are not really affected whatso-ever during actual game play, yet zoning is anouther problem, so when it comes to loading, client does its best to "fix" the situation, so maybe how we fix this is that we get the client to "not fix this" this could prevent a bunch of stuff for gliders possibly dealing with crashing(although i have no idea how you fixed the passenger bug on the carrier gliders, your on your own there KK :D ) Although, with this knollege in hand that people should ALWAYS be drugged to reach a stat, well I guess would mean players would just have to be more adiment about there vehicle playing style. But I still stick to my complaint. This issue can also be tied with other things in this thread, like vehicle requirments, which will be talked about later.

-The "Flying brick walls"-For all of us pilots, we've all seen them at least once. There a general pain in the ass, and there only marginally perdicable by the fact that there sometimes associated with some small object on or underneath the ground, that somehow object's placement clips and stretches to the roof of the zone, effectivly acting like a pole of doom. For us seasoned pilots, we've learned to avoid zones with "high content" and just surf through areas with low ammounts of fauna, but this seriously needs to be fixed.

-Solution one-Remove collision damage- Its simple as that. KK will NEVER be able to fully remove all the Invisable collsion objects in neocron, so with that in mind, making those invisable objects a "deadly" factor, is utterly pointless.
Although this arguement will get flak from the "planes blow up in rl when they hit stuff". Of course, thats true, IN REAL LIFE. "Real" life as it stands though, DOESNT (as far as my knowlege holds) doesnt have invisable barriers places all around the world for Planes and cars to run into. So people for that arguement, please sit down.
-Solution two- If at all possible :rolleyes: "Fix Collision interaction with Objects in NC" nuf said, aint gonna happen though (sorry KK I love your game to death, but being in the game industry myself, I know how hard something like that is to tackle.)

-Vehicle restrictions- As they stand right now, there (hand gesture) so so :D , my only real beef is really with how some of the "higher end" vehicles take there requirments to some pretty big extremes, and how Other "high tech" vehicles seem to ignore the "TL logic" philosophy. What Im talking about is how say a Rhino- that is TL 98, has only a 30-int & 62 veh reqs, and a TL-101 hover carrier has a 100 Int(yes 100) and 101(veh) reqs.

Long story short, the requirments for vehicles are mostly bunk, according to TL-Relations, which according to the rest of the game, all other items follow, yet vehicles do not.

Changing vehicle restrictions- my main complaint right now, is mostly about gliders. Im gonna say it right here and now, I love em. There my favorite thing in game right now, But they need some serious loving :D . Heres my first proposition-Lower Glider reqs on by at least 10-20 Int each. I know The "spy fiends" out there would all wanna gank my ass right now for saying this, but hear me out. As it stands, Spies have the true hold over them right now (with the exception of some PE's that "gimp" themselves so they can "fly" them), and I can understand why they would want to keep them under there belt. There great transportation, there great for combat (PvP "somewhat" and PvE). I mean, id really like to be able to see Tanks at least be able to fly a scouter, I mean they ARE genetically enegneered solidiers right (bred for all sorts of combat lol). That being said, when I bring this up, people tend to say-
"well, its a flying vehicle, It SHOULD be hard to fly"
That being said
"Well, This is a video game, and this isnt "RL"" :D
see how those two seem to conflict? So whats to say in neocron's universe that the developers of the gliders made the controls "marginally" simple to comprehend? isnt it as technology progresses, it inturns that technology becomes much easier to use? I could be getting that wrong, but whatever. The point being, Bringing these two factors (non existant Tl-to Int reqs) and (Neocron is'nt real life) that honestly should be enough to give a good reason for the general requirments lower. But since I KNOW that probably isnt enough, lets look over some of the advantages of increasing the accessability of gliders to the neocron public.

1-"More Color" People, will be able to travers the wasteland with much more pleasure and ease. Im pretty sure my tank friends would really appreciate being able to fly from place to place rather than walking a lot.
2-"More air vehicles in PvP" personally this is kinda a dream for me, Id honestly love to see more "dog fights" in neocron, as to actually finding one in game is almost like finding a copbot rifle or a "non spy-spy PA" :D
3-"More flavour" honestly, whats more futuristic than seeing a squadron of aircraft flying over head, or giant airships going from place to place while your out on your own (or in a party)

Other suggestions-
add-huds to "sealed vehicles" (IE Rhinos and hoverbomber/carriers) this more so being a issue with the flying vehicles since looking around "can" be fatal. maybe some way to shift the camera to a nose possition or something, or at least make the view somewhat less combursome, would be awsome.
"increase view distance" for vehicles, On screen, it seems like there inst enough "view space" if you know what I mean. This isnt always aparent in on the smaller vehicles, but in larger ones like rhino's, apcs, and the "Big BIRDS" It becomes painfully obvious that you cant see very far when gaining altitude or covering an area.
"make the newbie ATV like the revler"- I know a lotta people will complain about this idea that since its a newbie item, they should outgrow it and not worry if it blows up, but come on, it cant even be ressed. And since you have a little mini epic for it, why not make it something like the revler. I mean, giving the vehicle the "rev status" (IE cheap to repair, it already is though, and "Wreak and rebuild") wouldnt hurt anyone, heck, it might actually help a lotta people have fun, since me and a few buddies just went racing those things at DRT a while back.

Well-Its *looks at watch* 1 AM in the mourning, I have a midterm in Ethics tommorrow (today) and I need some sleep. I hope that my views were not to biased on any ground, even though I admit Im a heavy private eye user. Please for whoever reads this, please, take this from a completly neutral standpoint.

Sorry for this being so damned long, and the voting options being crap :D Thanks for reading this, and PEace out
*passes out*

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 09:58
-Fix the carrier bug, where if more than 2 passengers enter they all synch out on zoning.

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 10:09
For the love of god, add some kind of Parachute or Parachute-like ability to the game.

I mean in a storyline sense;

We're living in a post apocalyptic world where we are instantly transported via gene replicators which rip our molecules apart and splice'm all back together, where "monks" can "resurrect" the "dead", and where there are giant mutated beasts the size of fucking mountains roaming the world, and yet....

..we cannot make a simple cloth parachute? We can't use some needle and thread and string together some old bed sheets to make a parachute?

My capped Spy who has 100+ Intelligence can fly any vehicle in the game, yet..he can't seem to Macguyver himself a parachute no matter what parts or junk he's given?....

It just don't add up here! :p

But yes to all suggestions. Make vehicles much tougher, especially flying ones. Gliders need a rehaul, tapping a cactus after spawning them from the ASG: 50k gone. Hell even the new NEXT Quad is pretty fragile. I fataled on an LE'd character, came back to the spot where the Quad was...totally gone. I know, "its in a different spot", it wasn't. I didn't synch out when I fataled, I wasn't near a zone line, I went back to where I was exactly. Quad gone. No mobs in sight, I'm LE'd so someone could only bring it down to the margin of its health (I was gone maybe 45 seconds max, in a corner of CRP...).

Also make them more affordable. I mean the Driver newbie mission is the Quad right? His next vehicle he can drive is like the Chaincraft Bike thing (I know its 12 VHC to use it, forgot Int reqs) but its like 80k+ a newbie is going to earn that much money to use his next vehicle as a Driver? It's like going from a Lazar Pistol to a Budget Colt that costs 100k....for something like 3 techlevels higher, for a noob.

After bug fixes, tweaks and all that then give us the cool stuff. Introduce some new vehicles maybe, or better yet color customizations, along with adding say your faction symbol or clan tag/name etc Something to make them stand out ya know. Who wouldn't wanna see a camo colored Rhino come roaring into a sector ;p or a Hoverbomber painted jetblack like a Stealth Bomber ;p (though its far from stealth, yes)

Excellant thread, 5 stars

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 10:12
You do realise that an LE person's vehicle can get blown up if he's not inside it?

ROZZER187
03-05-05, 10:15
remove collission damage on gliders, they blow up if they hit a blade of grass :lol:

also remove the invisible walls that lurke in the air.
fix the bug where a vehicle does about 5 sumersaults before heading towards the ground faster than pavarotti after a custard slice.

make hover bombers and carriers more durable and cheaper :D

lower the requirements on some vehicles so you dont have to keep landing to pop a drug :lol:

Comie
03-05-05, 11:24
i voted for them all.

The gliders need a 50% reduction in regs ( i mean they give yu a combat rank of 25 FFS and yu cant level in the damn things)

The glider weapons need an overhaul (ALL OF THEM)

The Bugs need sorting

I agree about the parachute

The Scorpian Trike and Heavy Scorpian Trike both need a canopy to protect the driver... its silly that yu can target the driver of it, AND blow up the trike if yu want

There needs to be more high tech flying vehicles (E.g. make Gliders for rank 30 ppls and make more things like the DoY Bomber DoY Carrier: CA Fighter? CA Chopper? CA Carrier)

the old vehicles got a rework and it made them viable in OP battles, but they all need sorting

oh yes and before i forget, the Newbie Quad should be like the NeXT epic... indestructable, should be able to recover it from the asg if its been totaled

Clive tombstone
04-05-05, 01:41
Thanks for the great responses guys, Ive unfortunatly been out after my ethics class and a doctors appointment today, so I havnt really been thinking that clearly, if that sounds right at all :D . Anywho, Keep the stuff a rolling with talking and stuff.
Ill have more to talk about later when I regain more conciousness :lol:

Anywho, more suggestions more talk, MORE ATTENTION TO VEHICLES! :D

an official response would be nice too.

Zeninja
04-05-05, 02:30
KK made great improvements those last 2 years on vehicules (I remember not being able to pass 2 zones without crashing, random relocation, very weak resistances, more than a half the variety you have now etc).

You've just said it all (for the most), but here are my suggestions :

- make wheel technologie based vehicules move faster (or make chaincraft slower) so as to call this a "speedbike" for something

- being able to drive vehicules (like assault bike) when you don't have the gunner reqs (e.g your buff is down, you don't have enough TC for gun you can't drive atm)

- fix the "yes i could gun a reveler with 42 hc" exploit (because it is an exploit, right ?)

- lower Troop Carrier's price, make it bpable or something, and fix passengers crash when zoning (maybe still done, haven't tested it for a while)

- add a gun for 4x4-rhino's driver

- allow team to enter a vehicule with no acknoledgement from the driver

- apply Law Enforcement to LE'd people's vehicules EVEN if not on board

- change view mode / aiming mode in assault glider (you can't see a damn thing, even not flying) OR change rockets speed so as to be able to shoot someone while flying

- remove glider's collision OR fix those hundred clipping/collision bugs on whole wastelands (the "invisible wall")

- adjust rocket's damage made to other vehicules (maybe a little less, atm you can explode an hovertech in 5 or 6 hits using assault glider, where you could hardly inflict significant damage on runners with average force resists)

- add boats like hovers and destroyers so as to.. ok that was a bad idea

- remove bpable 4x4 chaincraft (why not ? :p)

- add an Aoe combat vehicule (Combat Wheeler is THE joke) or change damage on any existing one (like a fusion canon on Rhinos :D)

- add another vehicule you could only get making some epic or quest, or GM drop, with current Next reveler's caracteristics (maybe applying it on new quad ?)

- add a NeoFrag where vehicules would be allowed :eek:

- being able to land on towers near MB, Eastgate, Old canyon etc with flying vehicules. Good point for snipers ; for now your glider would only jump and jump like it has hiccoughs

- more protection for scorpion drivers

(I've ticked 1,2 and 3, but I really think fixing bugs should be a priority)

Safunte
04-05-05, 02:44
TRUNK SPACE!!!

you get a freaking rhino, yet there is no spot to put loot.

make it so that there is a trunk, you know cabinet like.. that if there is no one in the rhino it can be hacked, when hacked it drops the first stack of items... then you can hack again and again until you reach all 33 item stacks, or until there wasn't enough stuff.

yea people would get pissed when they put it away and lose all their loot, but thats their fault...

Also, i played on Pandore a little, and i really liked the fact that there was a gogo at pretty much every ASG, kick ass.

-Lower req on adv assault glider
who the hell wants to gimp their ass out and drug beyond all reason to get in something that will blow up if it tries to bum rush a 5 in. shrub and makes you crash (then it plummits to the ground) every time you zone cuz your drugs wore off.

Obsidian X
04-05-05, 03:27
I'd say above everything else, fixing the zoning bug is priority number 1. ATCs and Hovercarriers would have so much tactical value if they actually worked! Imagine an ATC pulling up at cycrow, and a PK squad unloads. As reinforcements arrive from the UG, a hovercarrier flies in, dropping off another compliment of troops to fight the owners of Cycrow (I say Cycrow becuase it seems to be the most impenetrable OP by conventional means.) Sadly this won't happen when you can't even zone it with more than 2 or 3 people.

Clive tombstone
04-05-05, 17:11
Well, midterms went well, and Im back. I checked the patch notes too, FREAKIN awsome, I got ona my suggestions in hehe (Newbie ATV :D ) Anywho. Back to the thread, You've guys came up with a lotta good stuff recently. Keep it up.

On anouther note, a buddy O mine (being a hardcore player of Planet side) Said our vehicles were missing "enter and Exit" animations, like jumping in and outa the driver seat and whatnot. I dunno, I saw him playing around in planet side and yah that stuff is kinda nifty.
The other stuff he mentioned about how our vehicle's dont have any "physics". I guess what he ment is if our vehicles go off a hill, they dont get any air (well, at least the ground vehicles dont :D ) but really, that would be really hard to implament, seeing how vehicles are "glued" to the ground (IE the wheels stick, the chassy goes up).
The last thing he mentioned was when i was tugging him around with my hovercarrier. He noted about how the BIG SHIPS, need a "hover mode" which I can totally aggree with.

Anywho, I got a gesture drawing class in a bit. Seyah guys later

PEace out

Safunte
04-05-05, 22:48
well, hovertecs get some lift when they move, other than that they float close to the ground, i could see them getting some mad air.

hover mode would be awesome.

Heavyporker
04-05-05, 22:57
Suggestions are getting too off the wall here, in regards to the repliers' posts.

Any vec issues has been mentioned and discussed to death.

And clive... abuse "there" when it's supposed to be "they're" or "their" again, I'm gonna drop everything, buy a cheap-ass air ticket to San Diego, go into the nearest hardware store to buy pliers, and I'll go to your place of work to pull your fingernails out until you start using these words properly.

Jake Cutter
05-05-05, 04:35
Two-Seat Hovertec!

Or is that two words because of the hyphen?

Anywho, vehicles need work...agreed.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

ZoVoS
05-05-05, 04:43
parachutes woudlnt work at that distance, needs a good hight to get the shoot open properly. to get that high ud have to wall hack the sky box, maby a inflitable ball that prevents falling damage and u just bounce :D that would look so funny, bouncing bombs falling into a op with tanks getting out hrhr

Clive tombstone
05-05-05, 07:39
Suggestions are getting too off the wall here, in regards to the repliers' posts.

Any vec issues has been mentioned and discussed to death.

And clive... abuse "there" when it's supposed to be "they're" or "their" again, I'm going to drop everything, buy a cheap-ass air ticket to San Diego, go into the nearest hardware store to buy pliers, and I'll go to your place of work to pull your fingernails out until you start using these words properly.
I totally agree, and Im sorry about the "grammar" right now, Im ether WAY to tired or over worked when I write these posts, but I will do better from now on. Ok? Any who, yes I do agree about how some of this is getting a "wee" bit outlandish. But I guess this thread is also about bringing attention and life into the topic of vehicles.
And to the point of vehicle issues being mentioned OH so many times before, I should know, posting on those threads quite a bit in the past. But the point of these threads is to bring up this topic right when it can be caught by KK (if =They're= reading this at all :D ) and get the changes we want and need badly in a more timely fashion

PEace out, and sorry for pissin yah off like that HP :angel:

Heavyporker
06-05-05, 05:44
Heh.. rough day.

Anyways...

different types of multi-passenger vehicles badly needed, though.

Gliders need requirements lowered a lot.

Scout Trike needs the driver req dropped from 73 vhc to about 40 to 50 vhc.

There needs to be a 4 seater vec - kind of a split between wheeler car and APC. Doesn't have to be a hover-based vec - treaded or wheeled is fine, as long as it moves faster than APC and the passengers are protected.

APC sold by CA only?!!? FFS! Should be sold by NExT, or at least out of the CA or NExT DNS as well... and way, way, way too pricey to buy from the FSM, KK. Way too pricey. I think you guys got spooked by bad memories of APC-construction macroing... tsk tsk.

All I can think of atm, considering the lack of blood to brain atm.

Masentaja
06-05-05, 10:52
Would love to see vehicles bugs fixed permanently, always wanted to play with 'em but always stayed far from them. damn money sinks.

Working vehicles would add so much depth to the game. Well I mean, 70% of the vehicles work ok, but still the bugs make it unenjoyable thing to drive/use.