PDA

View Full Version : I need a lil help :p

Asurmen Spec Op
03-05-05, 05:21
So recently I got a new motherboard, but it had overheating problems, so I figure, whatever, I need a new case and Ive been saving money for cpu upgrades(cuz the damn thing breaks at the WORST times) so I get a new kick ass 6 fan case, I got it today.
But its doing the same fucking thing, Ive ruled out the procceser and my uncle who is a comp tech doesnt think the way it locks up is procceser, since it just reboots and its fine.
http://www.golddisksoftware.com/wtf.GIF
this is the pic of my CPU temp, it only shows one fan because only one plugs into the MOBO, The overheating is the same as it was

as a key on that Pic, the first temp 1,2,3 I dont know what they are, but temp 2 is the one that overheats. the second temp 1 is my Proccesser.
I dont think it can be Grafics card because I overheated with music playing in my background and browsing the net.
Its not my HDD since I tried swaping it, and I put a fan on it.

My specs are
P4 3.0 GHZ (I hate pentium but thats what my old mobo supported and long story short, we had to do some motherboard replacements.. stupid people just cant pull out a fucking grafics card! blah!)
Mobo=P2PE/800 PRO, some tiwaan company sells it, my parents got me it as a gift....
Sound card= I dunno.. some card I bought at compusa...
Video=Radeon 9800Pro
Ram=2GB
HDD=120GB.. I got the box somewere

nice help would be nice, for the record that fan you see on my heat thing is the CPU fan.

Please tell me its not the motherboard... Im so sick of spending the money I was saving up for a cooler ATI card :(

Thanks for helping me in advance
Asurmen

PS: if you need any more info just ask

james_finn
03-05-05, 12:18
what exactly happens? As you seem to have missed that bit off from your post, if we knew that we mite be able to help ya :)

Delphi

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 12:23
Some motherboards have bad or insufficient cooling on the north/soutbridge.
Just check the motherboard for a large cpu that's soldered onto the mobo, usualy with a small fan on it or a cooling fin. Check the fan, and if it's a fin, try getting some artic silver compound on it.

The one on my mobo i had to replace because of a bad set of bearings on the fan, it made a lot of noise and caused my pc to reboot also.

netster
03-05-05, 12:29
u should try MotherboardMonitor instead...

Dribble Joy
03-05-05, 12:49
Are you sure that your spangly new mobo is actually doing it's job right?
Are you getting proper flow through the case.

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:37
the main "help" i would give is spend lots on your pc ;)

the last few months have clocked up £800 on ebuyed i think for my pc...

1gig of kingston sexy RAM to arrive tomorrow

LOST
03-05-05, 15:09
isnt exactly informative.

guessing the first three temperatures are your motherboard, cpu and system.
nothing wrong with those temperatures really.
a p4 (if its 800fsb deffinately) will hover about the 40-50 centergrade under heavy load...maybe even higher depending on your cooling O_o

the 50degree temp1 is associated with acpi (power management) possibly your psu ?

the thing that got me on your image was the two fans. one at 1507rpm and one at 0 o_O
if thats right you should probably worry.

please check your fans. depending on your cpu heatsink/fan you should have considerably more than 1500rpm...and 0rpm meaning there isnt a fan just heatsink on your board ?? a little strange but some so...

Asurmen Spec Op
03-05-05, 18:14
isnt exactly informative.

guessing the first three temperatures are your motherboard, cpu and system.
nothing wrong with those temperatures really.
a p4 (if its 800fsb deffinately) will hover about the 40-50 centergrade under heavy load...maybe even higher depending on your cooling O_o

the 50degree temp1 is associated with acpi (power management) possibly your psu ?

the thing that got me on your image was the two fans. one at 1507rpm and one at 0 o_O
if thats right you should probably worry.

please check your fans. depending on your cpu heatsink/fan you should have considerably more than 1500rpm...and 0rpm meaning there isnt a fan just heatsink on your board ?? a little strange but some so...temp2 overheates, its ok now but it goes up really fast
the second temp 1 is my CPU, it may be motherboard, when I get home ill check it.

Only one fan plugs into the motherboard, the CPU fan, it seams kidna slow but its not a CPU overheating, I ruled that out through testing.(it has never gotten to 60C wich is its restart temp. When I get home ill check my motherboard
At jester
Im poor right now. Ill spend more on it LATER!
Wish me luck on my AP test :p

EDIT: oh yeah, I got some copper heatsink thing with my mobo, ill get a link..
bleh.. Im never letting them get me presents without my concent.
the heatsink is supposedly nice. I can replace the fan

Asurmen Spec Op
04-05-05, 01:54
u should try MotherboardMonitor instead... doesnt support my mobo

Ok, so its fins and I can go pick that artic silver compound tomarrow

just put it on the chip right?

Asurmen Spec Op
04-05-05, 23:10
Some motherboards have bad or insufficient cooling on the north/soutbridge.
Just check the motherboard for a large cpu that's soldered onto the mobo, usualy with a small fan on it or a cooling fin. Check the fan, and if it's a fin, try getting some artic silver compound on it.

The one on my mobo i had to replace because of a bad set of bearings on the fan, it made a lot of noise and caused my pc to reboot also. I think I know what ya mean, Im pretty sure its fins but can you elaborate on what it looks like and on putting the artic on? Ive had bad luck with motherboards :(