PDA

View Full Version : Dome of York raiding???

[PiN]Fluffy
03-05-05, 02:51
OK well we all know that the city COnstantly raids Cycrow and the Dome. Now where can the Doy alliance go to raid and have fun? City owns Many ops but dont hang out at any fine. Now the doy tries to raid the city and they are stuck in pp3 the only zone with no guards with the exception of a few little patches in other zones. Now with patch 131 City can now raid the Tg canyons Doy is still stuck with no Good populated places to raid. I just want a place where i can go on my spy that i can run around with having an entire clan after me in an anarchy zone in the 1st kill...... I dont know if anyone else has seen this it was just a thought today... ANy comments?

-FluFFy

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 03:04
I gave up on raiding NC city a while ago

Either you have to stealth whore like mad, eat an overdosing amount of anti para drugs or keep a ppu straped to your ass to even remotely have a chance to raid the city

The new guards in the subways really fucked over Doy raiding various places like Plaza and Viarosso as well :(

her.
03-05-05, 03:11
meh Dre hq is aight for raidin tho lil nibs keep their le's in and punch the gaurds and then it isnt so much fun

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 03:27
again i say i was one of them nibs, but u deserved it for guard killing me when i was walking past, now my characters are transfered i just sit back along the coridor and hail moonie/mal bullets in until u all bugger off :P

or i get a ppu so i can para spam u after ur ppus paraspam us.

Obsidian X
03-05-05, 05:29
After the patch gave the canyons back to anti-city, I hear moaning from the anti-city side? And about Pro city owning the OP's? Seriously I must have missed something here.. :rolleyes:

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 05:49
After the patch gave the canyons back to anti-city, I hear moaning from the anti-city side? And about Pro city owning the OP's? Seriously I must have missed something here.. :rolleyes:

Um not all of us enjoy having the canyon back

I mean its nice, and the look is kinda cool

Getting to it is tedious as all fuck. Theres no genrep so unless you wanna shell out at least 100k (or less if you find a barterer) for an apartment you're stuck running to it which as said, is tedious. Not hard but just long and tedious.

Plus I'm not TG, theres no real benefit to the canyon. Sure theres the smugglers, but we've already got a bp library of everything that can be bp'd from the canyon and spares of already bought/built stuff. It's just a neat place to visit once to look around that's it.

vashtyphoon78
03-05-05, 06:21
hahahahhahahahahha its fluffy! sorry had to bug the person i used to love to throw trash nades at in P2 on my tank :P

P.S dude my tank used to be able to shell 25k an aggie run and 5-8 aggie runs in half an hour, really that hard to make 100k?

eprodigy
03-05-05, 07:18
canyon needs a public gogo if it hopes for any use, but even then i dont see it being any useful.. just another doy sector that no one goes to..

its not the price of the apartment, it's that who wants to keep a canyon apartment activated...

and fluffy is right... venom may have the right idea i hate to say it.. :lol: seen a lot more of that, and people with opposite faction alts to kill allies (cough in some cases kill afk and tradeskills in the UG)

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 07:48
c
its not the price of the apartment, it's that who wants to keep a canyon apartment activated...

Yea that was one point I ment to mention. It's just not worth the price of the apt and keeping it as the active apt gr to get some Inq 4 armors and a handful of weapons that are common. The only other bonus point I could think of is there one private Chaos Cave thats there but it'd still be open for ally pkers and the occasional pro who made it past the TG guards. Even then it's not all that great.

It was neat the first time I saw it redone as TG owned, now its *shrug* nothing important unless they turn it into an op to be held.

Transformer
03-05-05, 07:57
no fun places for DoY to raid....maybe DRT every once in a while if theres some PRO there but thats about it. even though i know it won't happen. i would cry tears of joy if they made DoY able to get to PP1 and made plaza 3 safe. doesn't even ahve to be plaza 3. just like subways or an outlying zone. and remove the damn gaurds. no one wants to kill the damn stripers in the club.

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 08:46
aww... you poor doy chaps.

a single doy clan holds what... 300 people? and now you cant find people to kill?

boo fucking hoo.

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 09:38
Gotta agree with jester here.

I can't believe you guys are complaining. You all choose to hang out (afk tradeskilling) at crp with a shitload of people. KK made doy an impenetrable fortress.

And now you want Neocron city to have even more "let's just walk in" entrances ?

I'm all for removing guards, but on BOTH sides then.
Remove the doy bots from doy entrance zones. Remove the guards at the bottom of the elevators. Make a subteranian connection between the doy zones. Then remove the copbots and some guards in our subways, remove all guards from pp districts. Hell, remove parra from the guards and make copbots do the same dammage as the doy guards.

Original monk
03-05-05, 09:48
meh Dre hq is aight for raidin tho lil nibs keep their le's in and punch the gaurds and then it isnt so much fun

i also seen it the other way around ... where the poor LE's got killed ...

he really was shocked (it was a real new player)... so i calmed em down and told em that when he saw red people fight there he could better stay away or go to another HQ orso :)

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 09:48
@Jester & Bugs

Um, no?

You do realize the other smaller clans don't really have much say in how big other clans grow too? It's not like we can just up and stop them or force them to reduce size. And no, changing to pro isn't an option. It's one thats been discussed for myself and friends and we don't wish to join pro city, we've always been anti city, we always will be.

And no Bugs, not all of us do everything at Tezla/CRP/Cycrow. Sure some people do their tradeskilling in the UG's, most of the time it's people of the clan that control's that op...We may hunt there on occasion, in the caves or whatnot but we by far don't rely on it nor want it (as in wanting to control that op).

Currently both cities are polar opposites; NC is easy to get into at first, but as you get into the actual city-ish areas, it's npc guard hell. Doy is harder to get to at first, but easier as you progress in as there are only guards near HQ's and a couple zonelines/gr's.

There should be a mix on both sides. Some ways in heavily guarded, some hardly. Some paths inside the city fairly safe for raiding, some not. Neither side should be allowed apartment access of an opposing faction, guards at zonelines would prevent zone whoring, and you'd have it fairly balanced. Each side capable of a raid, without running into a close apartment or zoning left right and center (things people normally complain about in fights right?)

Original monk
03-05-05, 09:51

dunno i like my appy very much in there :)

Xylaz
03-05-05, 10:12
I'm all for removing guards, but on BOTH sides then.
Remove the doy bots from doy entrance zones. Remove the guards at the bottom of the elevators. Make a subteranian connection between the doy zones. Then remove the copbots and some guards in our subways, remove all guards from pp districts. Hell, remove parra from the guards and make copbots do the same dammage as the doy guards.

cool, i'd add to this removal of safezones as well...

sultana
03-05-05, 10:20
Currently both cities are polar opposites; NC is easy to get into at first, but as you get into the actual city-ish areas, it's npc guard hell. Doy is harder to get to at first, but easier as you progress in as there are only guards near HQ's and a couple zonelines/gr's.
Why do people constantly suggest that DoY is a piece of cake to walk around in, it's not, the guards at the zone line will parashock you 9 times out of 10 when you zone, and guess where you might find one person in DoY on the off chance that there's someone actually there... A HQ, or the city centre. The guards are at nearly every zoneline, and are at every GR.

I'm all for removing the parashock and some guards from Neocron, so long as the same happens to DoY and the TG canyon.

cool, i'd add to this removal of safezones as well...
Raiding cities should be about PvP, not Player vs the hundreds of guards, that take ages to kill and hardly have a respawn time, that are scattered around the cities. The HQ's are still safezones, and most people who aren't ready (or don't want to) PvP still have their LE chip in.

RogerRamjet
03-05-05, 10:22
Just make all guards similar to the new TG ones at the canyon. Quite powerful raygun without para is great.

And Her i dont have a clue what youre talking about. You say theres groups of LEd nibs loitering outside DRE till you come along so they can punch the guards? Yeh alright. Im sure every combat char thinks "ONOZ, reds in plaza 3. I know, ill log my LE nib and punch guards. Yeh cool, that'll get em".

ROZZER187
03-05-05, 10:26
dont think doy bots are too bad tbh just make less of them and a few more storm bots outside nc i mean ffs they dont shoot on sight they just say leave now or die etc.

as for guards in both cities my tank doesn't last long to a dome of york guardian even with full buffs and a holy heal running, i cap x ray with hazz 3 and have 95 nrg yet i manage to last about 4 hits from those fuckers :lol:

the guards in neocron are just plain annoying its like para on a stick, you anti shock,get shocked,anti shock, get shocked :lol:

i think dribble joy said guards should be put back to how they used to be im all for that but if that does happen i think we should have less guards in neocron.

either some of the above would be nice or make pepper park 1 a warzone (i think warzone beacuse of all the people who would camp the zoneline in fear of loosing there stuff) and remove all the guards imo, nc1 was great, if you wanted a fight you went to pepper park 1, now you go to dre hq or crp lol

Xylaz
03-05-05, 10:43
Raiding cities should be about PvP, not Player vs the hundreds of guards, that take ages to kill and hardly have a respawn time, that are scattered around the cities. The HQ's are still safezones, and most people who aren't ready (or don't want to) PvP still have their LE chip in.

Yes i was serious about it. Remove safezones, guards (at least some of em) and remove para.
Simple and effective

sultana
03-05-05, 11:01
That I'm actually not so sure about, the removal of most safezones is driving abit of the nc population away from the game, not sure how people would react if there were no safezones at all in the city.

RogerRamjet
03-05-05, 11:09
Keep HQs safe zones atleast.

Selendor
03-05-05, 11:27
I like the idea of making Pepper Park a Warzone. Would make people like me who hates to drop belts more eager to fight in the city. And yes I agree with less guards in both cities, as pvp is better than no one around at all.

Of course, stealthing enemies makes this slighty annoying if you are standing at a shop or talking to an epic npc etc...

Original monk
03-05-05, 11:37
I like the idea of making Pepper Park a Warzone. Would make people like me who hates to drop belts more eager to fight in the city.

i would love it if they made PP a warzone but in the meaning of a neutral ground where you can fight eachother witouth freezing copbots or guards and 5/5 npc's (sl) around :) but still i wouldnt think this should be completely witouth risk :) the fact that you drop sumthing there makes it more exciting :)

(and i wouldnt mind it either if anticity got the ability to activate appartmentgenreps in PP :) )

Selendor
03-05-05, 11:57
Indeed, they should lower the guard levels, create some warzones, and then have:

Neocron - Appartments in Pepper Park or old HQs or in a staging tunnel under the city

DoY - A forward outpost controlled by Cityadmin, either right outside or on the outskirts of DoY city itself. After all, the city is supposed to be overrun but lawless, CA could theoretically have a presence there.

Original monk
03-05-05, 11:59
yeah ! this would create some tension and intresting fights :)

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:25
@Jester & Bugs

Um, no?

look at who i replies to.

fluffy is, and always has been (as long as i have seen him about anyway) a member of FF.

and if your "smaller clans" cant do shit about it... what makes you think pro city "smaller clans" can either? a large clan like that i na game with this pop kills the server... now they come to moan about a lack of fights?

every fight vs ff is a zerg / ally fest. they may say the same about pro... i dont care if they do. simple fact is that they are whining about a lack of decent fights... and thats the reason they dont get them. as i said would happen a long long time ago.

Selendor
03-05-05, 13:32
We give FF good fights, unfortunately its exclusively between 10-11pm GMT, as thats when the overlap happens between them logging on and us logging off - and the numbers are even. :angel:

Vae Victis
03-05-05, 13:33
Hell, remove parra from the guards and make copbots do the same dammage as the doy guards. doy guards do parashock dmg..
cept that the doy guards dmg-output is WAY FUCKING STRONGER than a copbot's.
doy guards > copbots

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:38
doy guards do parashock dmg..
cept that the doy guards dmg-output is WAY FUCKING STRONGER than a copbot's.
doy guards > copbots

thats what hes saying...

remove para, make copbots do doy guard damage

Vae Victis
03-05-05, 14:36
just remove all the guards, i mean irl u dont see a cop on every corner of a street, just every once in a while u see a patrol car passing by, then pulling u over coz ur riding a bike without ur lights on.. grrr
i mean Reza is a fekking dictator.. we dump him = less cops.
there..

ICE FOR PRESIDENT to remove copbots and guards
its a win-win situation.

and i like the idea of the NF zone mentioned in another thread.

Kuya
03-05-05, 14:42
well would be nice if they remove the cobot rapeage at-17 SL ^^

Vae Victis
03-05-05, 14:47
imo they gotta change that to -18 and still be safe...
-19 then they shoot u on sight.

hmm maybe -18 = leave or die... gives u X amount of seconds to leave before u get shot.

Obsidian X
03-05-05, 15:44
I'd agree with most points on this thread. Remove a hell of a lot of the guards and their para, increase the respawn time, and make guards 90/90 like the oldschool copbots. Then at least you have some chance of kiling them.

Digital-Talios
03-05-05, 16:30
I saw a DoY spy get into Plaza 2...

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 16:33
It's easy, when my spy was anti he would just stealth in the city. I even tagged all the pro city hq gr's just using a stealthIII and runspeed.
Bring some antishock. The guards and copbots don't hurt that much. A good spy can usualy get away from them.

I tried doing the same in the dome when i went pro city with him. The dome guards hurt a LOT more. Got spotted once and barely made it out with 6 health (around the corner). Second time i ran into them i got killed.

Crest
03-05-05, 16:42
When hunter and I (Snipe) were pro city doing epics. We raided DOY there were a few places of interest....
1) Get a good angle in City Center, where the gaurds dont go for you ... and kill like crazy ... seems no one goes there any more ....

There is a little cool spot in Crahn area where you can snipe from above and no one knows you there .....

We then moeved to Anti City to fin off epices and raided plaza .....
Always good spots were
1) On the bridge between plaza 1 and 2 .... over looking the stairs - there are 3 places there to snipe from.
2) Top floor medi center - go up lifts ... and you can snipe from there, like wise on any of the other levels.

When there is no gaurds in the LOM shop (This one is funny) .. you can stand at entrance of LOM shop and snipe to the GR when someone opens the doors....

My other Fav is at the rockware in plaza 1... you can see all the way accross the sector when kneeling down at the entrance .... and peeps dont know you are there for a while....

Plaza 2 .... limited places for sniping but hey, try these ....
Outside PP Entrance you can shoot accross the bridge, or vise versa...
Shooting up from the balacony down into the plaza 2 (Last time I was there it was closed).

Try the other side, by the restuarant ... you can kneel down and do some damage from there ...

Havent been on in a while though so I dunno if they changed any of that....

Always firt check the guards as after every patch and reboot they have moved .....

Last time we ran through from plaza 1 - plaza 3 I did not see anyon, not even a LE player ...

Plaza 3 (this is nasty) .... you can sit in rockwell lookin down the passage to DRE HQ and snipe, or you can do it the other way ... peeps dont ever look there

E. Cryton
03-05-05, 16:50
hahaha, what a funny post !

there is one clan, recruiting everyone to get more masses and masses so they can outnumber everyone.
if theres a couple of ppl who are looking for fights they're getting zerged by those masses, at crp or any others ops.

and now the dome is whining coz there are no enemies at crp (guess why) and there is no possibility to raid an entire city with a clan ?

looks like u like it to embarass urself.

well, keep on synclaming at dre hq, thats all u ppl are up to.