PDA

View Full Version : droner infoz

Original monk
02-05-05, 13:11
i decided to make a droner ! (lommed a rifler to droner, took about 3 days .. 200 loms weheee !!) :p fragging monks with raptors and all yust seems nice :)

now im a dronernoob (had a droner about 2 years ago yeah, highest drone back then was a PB ..) so i have a few questions :

-what amount of WPW and RCT is needed to fully cap all drones ? i got 190/190 now but i still have points left to spec so :)

-whats in youre opinion the best allround drone ? wich is the most powerfull drone ? and wich is the best aoe drone to level ? (is there a rare aoe drone ? )

-should i spec for stealth 1,2 or 3 or should i drop all in RCT and wait what will happen to the reqless stealthttool and use that one ? (is it possible to use stealth and cap all drones ?) -> and to KK: what will happen to that tool: will droners still be able to use it reqless ? -> if the current reqless tool was a mistake then what was the original idea or goal of that tool ? spy or pe only ? or some other req ???

-is there an NPC at biotech HQ selling experimental mindcontrol 3 ?? or is it bugged or does it dissapears or is it removed or is it comming back or whatever ? i aint gonna spend lotsa blingbling on one chip now when its possible that a week later they sell em in the store for 50k ...

-is there an NPC somewhere that can get me a experimental ion MK3 drone ?? i got a MK2 but someone told me there are MK3's in circulation .. or should i yust keep whining till someone gives me a bp of it ?

-i also wanted to spec 25 vehicule to ride that hovertube but euh: is it against the rules to ride upto a high mountain to hide and launch drones from there ? otherwise i yust put those 25 points into RCT or as extra TC orso .. it would be great if i could get to stealth 2 witouth nerfage ... or yust use the reqless tool :)

-whats best to level up my lost ints and dexes ? the graves or the chaoscaves ? any other suggestions where droners have a good time ?

thanx in advance :)

Yeah, atlast these droneparts in my closet gonna be of use !!!

[TgR]KILLER
02-05-05, 13:19
pretty much all droners fly, drive or stealth or have something besides droning.. so i gues you can cap the drones with ease.

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 13:20
-whats in youre opinion the best allround drone ? wich is the most powerfull drone ? and wich is the best aoe drone to level ? (is there a rare aoe drone ? )

Ion Blaster is good in pvp, so is raptor and PN. My preference goes to the ion blaster drone tough. Best leveling drone is FC1000 (aoe)

-should i spec for stealth 1,2 or 3 ???

I went for stealth3, so i could gr somewhere, run past the enemy, out of sight and wait of si somewhere before launching.

-is there an NPC at biotech HQ selling experimental mindcontrol 3 ?? or is it bugged or does it dissapears or is it removed or is it comming back or whatever ? i aint gonna spend lotsa blingbling on one chip now when its possible that a week later they sell em in the store for 50k ...

It's not ingame right now.

-is there an NPC somewhere that can get me a experimental ion MK3 drone ?? i got a MK2 but someone told me there are MK3's in circulation .. or should i yust keep whining till someone gives me a bp of it ?
Lots of people have em. Just ask around for a bp.

-i also wanted to spec 25 vehicule to ride that hovertube but euh: is it against the rules to ride upto a high mountain to hide and launch drones from there ? otherwise i yust put those 25 points into RCT or as extra TC orso .. it would be great if i could get to stealth 2 witouth nerfage ... or yust use the reqless tool :)
My droner drove and repaired a rhino, and still killed people with an ion blaster. Plus he used stealth III

-whats best to level up my lost ints and dexes ? the graves or the chaoscaves ? any other suggestions where droners have a good time ?

....... you can feel it comming can't you ...... :-)
......MC5...... lol.

I'd do chaos caves in team or graves solo.

Xylaz
02-05-05, 13:53
to fully cap csted punisher you need around 195/195, so you wont have many points left, though stealth 2 is clearly possible.
Maybe even something more if u dont spec anything in agility.

TWOK
02-05-05, 14:11
This is my droner setup, very versatile but it does require a Riggers dream.

-----------Intelligence-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 111 +11
Skill: Hacking = 113 +13
Skill: Barter = 3 +0
Skill: PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 0 -32
Skill: Construction = 0 +0
Skill: Research = 15 +15
Skill: Implant = 84 +4
Skill: Willpower = 179 +62

-----------Dexterity-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 123 +23
Skill: Pistol Combat = 2 +2
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -10
Skill: HighTech Combat = 100 +0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 +0
Skill: Agility = 11 +11
Skill: Repair = 0 +0
Skill: Recycle = 0 +0
Skill: Remote Control = 205 +70
Slot: Brain Chip - Special Rigger Interface
Influences: WPW: 15 RCL: 15 TRA: 6 DEX: 5 INT: 5

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Rigger's Dream
Influences: WPW: 15 RCL: 15 TRA: 8 DEX: 6 INT: 5

Slot: Brain Chip - MindControl CPU 2
Influences: RCL: 10 WPW: 5 TRA: 4 DEX: 3 WEP: -15

Slot: Brain Chip - MindControl CPU 3
Influences: RCL: 15 WPW: 8 TRA: 6 DEX: 5 WEP: -20

Slot: Eye - Drone CombatEye 3
Influences: WPW: 15 RCL: 10 R-C: -10 P-C: -10

Slot: Spine - Advanced Nerves 3
Influences: RES: 15 HCK: 8 INT: 5 STR: -3 TRA: -10

Slot: Combat - Drone Combat Booster 1
Influences: RCL: 5 WPW: 4 WEP: 3

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 1
Influences: HCK: 5 IMP: 4 AGL: 3
------------------------------

Pokes 115 with glove+ drug, hacks very well, and uses oblit. Most importantly just scrapes capping a Raptor. :)

Brammers
02-05-05, 14:12
190/190? Thats a lot, you should cap the Raptor there. The punisher is not worth capping, as it's a leveling drone, not a PvP drone.

Lupus made a NPC to sell the Exp Mindcontrol 3 in Biotech HQ, not sure if it's still there after patch 131.

CMaster
02-05-05, 14:13
Lupus made a NPC to sell the Exp Mindcontrol 3 in Biotech HQ, not sure if it's still there after patch 131.
Wasn't there before, either. He lasted a week or so then vanished.

Tantta
02-05-05, 15:19
i got one of those to spare tho.
if you see thantos in game lemme know if you want one.

Original monk
02-05-05, 15:32
hey ! thanx all for the great info, i cant wait till i get home finilazing the last points in my setup :) i think i will go for a higher stealth yes, aslong as i can keep capping a raptor ! :)

i gave up on the exp mindcontrol 3, as in twok's setup i can always put in a mindcontrol 2 wich would be even better cause it gives 2 more rct ... wpw i have enough anyway and int likewise, can even use a sf or balanceadvancer3 or sumthing similar :) ffcourse i wouldnt mind it if lupus placed a trader again in bioHQ tough :angel: (ow and let the npc also sell iondrone MK3 and gatlingturrets 3 :D :p )

anyways, thanx again all !

edit: ya have one left ? intresting thantos :D

Tantta
02-05-05, 15:36
Think i actually got two. lol
Lommed my pure droner to barter bitch/driver because i got bored and i wanted to test somethig new.

BradSTL
02-05-05, 19:16
I don't have my setup printed out, but from memory: my main character, The Infamous Brad, is a rigger (again, LOMed back from assassin). I don't remember my exact stats, but using an RD, an SRI, an MC3, and I think a SpecFor, and am only a couple of INT points from the cap. I had enough points left over to get a base 100 in another DEX skill and a base 105 in one other INT skill, and I still cap damage on all drones, including the Punisher.

I chose T-C for the Obliterator, and HCK for looting bots and the occasional low- to mid-SL belt. There's at least one particularly amusingly aggravating guy who spent his leftover DEX points on VHC and spends his time flying to inaccessable spots by glider to harrass people.

The FC-1000 drone's area effect is very tiny and drops off fast. If you want an AOE drone, you're better off with the RG series, the raygun cannon drones, and yeah, for the Graves the only thing better than an RG-1000 is a Punisher. (Take one or two Experimental Ion drones with you, though, to clear out the area at the entrance without killing yourself with your own area effect.) For most everything else, including PvP and soloing the level 1 abandoned DoY Tunnels, I keep an Experimental Ion drone and 3 Raptors in my quickbar, and carry one spare of each in inventory.

Original monk
03-05-05, 09:43
yeah, this all been real helpfull :) im tweaking the last bits now, im no vehiculefreak so i didnt go for vehicule, altough i found the gliderdude's technique pretty funny :) yust fly upto somewhere and start droning LOL, crazy :)

i went for about 100 hack and for the stealth3, cant use it yet tough :) need to recap a few levels :) i also found the sf great for giving me some int's an tc :)

with the good advice in this post ill be a good droner :D

Dr Strange
03-05-05, 09:56
There's at least one particularly amusingly aggravating guy who spent his leftover DEX points on VHC and spends his time flying to inaccessable spots by glider to harrass people.

*cough* :p *cough*

But yea capping the %'s on drones isn't hard just tedious. Once you cap a raptor, yer pretty much combat ready (that is if you feel you can fly, dodge and aim fine when flying a drone).

I also went with VHC, TC is nice but the few times I need to say, run past a mob, I'll pop a drone to grab agro and lure it away. Plus I don't raid with him so TC would be useless. Also went with 100 base HCK, some belts and at least layer 1 of an op, maybe layer 2 with buffs/drugs. I've still got roughly 10+ lvls till capped on Int and Dex so I've got another 50 points in each to play with, maybe AGL and PSU to run a little faster and heal faster if nessicary (for hunting not pvp obviously).

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:45
afaik as long as you "legally" access it, hils arent a problem.

map bounderies may be a different case...

either way i would wait for an official reponse, or check the rules in the launcher (i believe when this was changed the rules page was updated)

Original monk
03-05-05, 14:37
afaik as long as you "legally" access it, hils arent a problem.

map bounderies may be a different case...

yeah i see what youre going to, aslong as you dont use mapbounderies or mapbugs into youre advantage then theres no problem, like with other classes

i was also aiming at the use of a hovertube to get on hard to reach places but on second tought i went for TC anyway, im to lazy to get to that asg everytime hehe, so its not that big a problem :)

but it sure remembers me of them enemy drones in PP3 that i yust cant find the droners of lol .. not like PP3 is that big o.O