PDA

View Full Version : Item Tracking... Nid ?

[TgR]KILLER
02-05-05, 12:50
soooooo.. when are we finally getting this little piece of tiny importance in ? i could go on the same tour as the mem leak thread tho..

why put all the frigging new content and crap in the game.. exept for the mem leaks and item tracking..

yesterday a high ranked clan member found all the clan cabinets empty.. went to take a look and yeap everything gone..

nobody left the clan.. and the only people who can access the clan cabinets have been with the clan since nc1.

but the point is.. after mailing KK..

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, it is the words of Stephan Bast - we
cannot do anything in these cases since item tracking is not yet a part of the
game. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience.

8 cabinets of stuff gone.. blueprints, weapons, armor, tools, implants and what not. mostly slotted low/mid level stuff for clanmembers to level on. was gathering shitloads of leveling stuff for nibs at int release. but screw that not gonna do it agian because they put item tracking in.. every damn day i run into new bugs making me just wanna quit. sigh. i'll see what i get today :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 12:53
I doubt this is a bug.
It's most likely someone from your clan who took it all.

It's a realy lame thing to do actualy, but some people think it's ok to resort to those tactics.

[TgR]KILLER
02-05-05, 13:16
I doubt this is a bug.

It's a realy lame thing to do actualy, but some people think it's ok to resort to those tactics.

tbh read. if nobody had the pass who could have stolen it.. 1 guy is on holiday and haven't been on for a week and the other guy is in the clan since nc1 and if he wanted to take noob stuff he could have taken the clan money to.

point is kk can't do shit because they can't find out what happend in the first place because their item tracking aint working.

Nidhogg
02-05-05, 13:38
Patch 131 is not the full international release - it's just some (not all) of the content.

N

LOST
02-05-05, 13:39
KILLER']point is kk can't do shit because they can't find out what happend in the first place because their item tracking aint working.the item tracking that was finished and would be in the international release patch you mean....
maybe the next one.

feel for you killer.
come make bps of our stuff....and keep asking questions while doing so.

[TgR]KILLER
02-05-05, 13:44
Patch 131 is not the full international release - it's just some (not all) of the content.

N

lol i know that niddy wasn't saying it was. was more asking if item tracking was anywere near.

and thanks lee but really before item tracking is in i aint gonna stuff them.. if it was a bug or maybe was somebody else i can't know because of item tracking and i aint gonna stuff them full again just to have them empty again.

COLD
02-05-05, 13:48
cant they just roll back your clan apt like they used to do in NC1 when such things occured?

LOST
02-05-05, 13:49

Nmakes you wonder what other content is coming :p

Brammers
02-05-05, 14:02
I doubt this is a bug.

It's not the first time I've heard the contents of the cabs where just gone, without any decent explaination, and KK past record does not help here.

Serriously, KK have got to get item tracking in. Killer and many other people are going to be spending the time getting the stuff to rebuild TgR. We are not going to be doing what we pay our money for, and that is playing and enjoying the game.

Brammers
02-05-05, 14:06

N

Ok Niddy, it's become very obvious that there has been no proper answer to the subject of "Item tracking" since Patch 131 came out.

So are we going to expect item tracking very soon or not? I'll even settle for "I'm finding out." sort of answer.

Sakletare
02-05-05, 14:18

N
Why didn't you guys just say that? This patch was supposed to patch to the international release level according to this very prominent forum member: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1797221#post1797221
Since no other information was available everyone assumed this was it.

Toxen
02-05-05, 14:25
damm Sakletare stop reading my mind it will warp you I was just going to say that but couldn't find the original post to quote. But its a valid point we were told pre patch basicly to expect it would be international release and the patch before that was soley new content but not activated aka 130 was what one of the biggest patchs in NC2 history if not the biggest.

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 14:27
Well, international retail was "only" delayed because of some non programming issues etc....
Hmmm would have been funny, seeing international release hit, with the current patchbugs. Maybe it's good they patched before international release.

Dribble Joy
02-05-05, 14:42
Most of the int release delay is due to 10T/Atari, not KK, most of the content has been ready for a while.

They didn't say everything was in, so why assume it was?

[TgR]KILLER
02-05-05, 14:47
because when somebody of kk says might or maybe or whatever it is read by the whole community as it is.. etc

this is what nid said in that link

We're hoping to patch to the international release level next week, even if the boxed release hasn't managed to hit the shelves. As always that's not to be taken as a guarantee (and you'd be daft for believing me if I said it was ) but it's our plan.

just read it.. it is nowere said that patch 131 would bring retail to int release level anywere. they were hoping to patch to int release but maybe that is patch 132, 133 or whatever.

Xylaz
02-05-05, 14:47
i had the same issue in the past, and the same answer.
Lucky for me, there was a proof of the clan beeing broken (one of the cabinets was permanently inaccessible - "you cannot reach that" message), though even with such obvious proof it took good few days and several mails (with screenshots, detailed descriptions, hints what could be wrong etc etc) to encourage someone in KK actually looked into it.
Then it was easy, they looked into it, repaired and replaced it back.

But first 5 mails was usual, "fuck off, we dont care, you have to wait for item tracking... mwahahaha" style.

Toxen
02-05-05, 14:59
From what I'd read and perhaps read into some posts, was the the Int Boxes were ready and the CD's had already been pressed with a version of NC2 patched to patch 130 and that 131 would just be an activation patch for that content.

imper1um
02-05-05, 15:13
We shall see.

Nabil Kassad
02-05-05, 15:13
If the "GOD of KK" appear in front of me and would say that I have one wish that relate to NC i would say: "Get this damned Item Tracking ingame!!!"

I see the day comming: I log in and check my Gogu and everything is gone! This would be a reason to stop playing NC for me.

(I know my English is crap, but I hope you can understand what i mean...)

Ghanima
02-05-05, 15:40
Ok I've seen post after post about item tracking and when its going to be put into play, but just what does it do and how will it help improve the game play?

It seems to me that there are a lot of other things that would help make the game better.

Ghanima :angel:

Kuya
02-05-05, 15:42

N

i was hoping for that, because if this was all........ damn

Terkantia
02-05-05, 15:47
Ok I've seen post after post about item tracking and when its going to be put into play, but just what does it do and how will it help improve the game play?

It seems to me that there are a lot of other things that would help make the game better.

Ghanima :angel:

Item trakcing is a system of creating a unique item for everything everyonew has. Why is this important, it keeps an SA from becoming a large tendon in your inventory when you GR. Or armor from becoming medkits.

It gives every everything in game a number and catagorizes all stats. So, if something comes up missing, as is the case with Tji (that SO sucks!!!!) the appropriate answer will NOT be (soz, we suck, you can't ahve shit back becasue there is no proff everything was there and then disappeared...)

Item tracking will also allow server side tracking of ALL items. Kinda like the X-Bow pistoil exploit that ppl used to make a shitload of pistols. KK couldn't stop it in process, but they can turn them, to milky rens after the fact. With item tracking in place, it would have been simple to see who, when, how many, who they went to and so on.

That make sense?

Original monk
02-05-05, 16:13
indeed, item tracking makes it harder for exploiters and dupers to do there dirty business plus it can keep track of things that are lost due to real bugs ..

Nidhogg
02-05-05, 19:55
Everything I say comes with the caveat "details are correct at time of going to press". In the end it was decided just to release the content so that we could gauge it independently of any client/server changes.

N

Tratos
02-05-05, 20:48
Everything I say comes with the caveat "details are correct at time of going to press". In the end it was decided just to release the content so that we could gauge it independently of any client/server changes.

N
So is what came with Patch 131 the full content release planned for Int Release?

Brammers
02-05-05, 21:53

N

And the crystal clear answer to what's happening to item tracking is....?

Yelly
02-05-05, 22:12
Item tracking was supposed to be implemented with international
release wasn't it ?
And so far no threads or information from KK that the int release
hit so I assume the itemtracking will be when int release is.So all
we can do is wait and hope it is soon

Toxen
03-05-05, 01:13
Soo basicly any coding beyond that of new content system such as the newbie missions, high level quests wasn't patched onto the server in patch 131, yet it is in the patch that NC2 international version was pressed with... so you've basicly split the international patch in two..... hope that doesn't cause patching order problems. but changes to the content now that its been patched to the server minus the other coding could produce even more unexpected problems when you combine the changed content with the code that was designed in tandem with the current content...

Glok
03-05-05, 01:16
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1803127#post1803127

I'll try and find out the exact status of item tracking but until then the official line is unchanged; it will come in the international release.

N