PDA

View Full Version : Where have YOU played?

Lincoln
02-05-05, 08:17
So, once again I'm up at ungodly hours this Monday morning, staring at the beautiful error message displayed on my server's screen:
"kernel-2.6.11-gentoo-r6

Error 15: File not found."

fuck. ><

Less than twenty minutes ago, as I was sitting there, wondering where the fuck my kernel went--and trying to make a dent in the ever-mounting pile of papers I had left to write before this term ends, I started thinking about naked women. One thing led to another I got on the topic of Neocron. I began thinking about all the crazy places I've played this game through the years and I realized that there must be hundreds of geeks out there just like myself with tons of stories about crazy places they've played the game. I pondered for a moment and came up with many, most excellent examples I was bursting to share with y'all. The two that struck me most are: in a car, and on a 70' projection screen w/1200 watts of surround sound. Side note: the latter was fucking awesome.

Ahem, where was I?

After debating for a full 3 nanoseconds, I decided that although the projection-screen-story had its merits, the car beats it out.

A car isn't that interesting you say? Nonsense! This was no normal car ride. Twas a normal, New England day. Un amigo and I twas traveling to good ol' New Hampshire for an enjoyable weekend of mountain skiing—we were staying together but really, we're just friends. Although we were sharing a room--in a romantic wood cabin. . .oh, that's why he kept taking off his pants.

Anyhoo, with the driver not providing adequate entertainment, Rabidfurball and I decided it was time to break out the laptops. Being hopelessly addicted to the Neocrack, we just had to get our fix. We devised a clever scheme allowing us to log two computers into Neocron from one internet connection, in a car moving at roughly 70 mph down an icy, New Hampshire highway. How you say? It was quite intricate, really. Mr. Furball, with his insane, 17-inch widescreen display, insanity machine (commonly called his "laptop") connects via bluetooth to his eXtreme, Motorola, color display, 1600x1200 picture taking, movie recording, mp3-playing insane machine2 (commonly called his "cell-phone"). Then with his "cell-phone," he connects to the Verizon express network (a nice 200Kbps connection—enough for NC). Then, with his internal, A+G, insanity-wireless card (this thing picks up 17 networks where I get 2), he Ad-Hocs his connection, which I then steal with my PCMCIA, A+G, slightlylessinsane card. Viola, an oblong sphere of wireless internet, moving down a highway at 70 mph is created.

Anyone beat that? =P

Signed,
Your friendly, neighborhood,
--Lincoln

netster
02-05-05, 09:48
bbq'ing in my garden, laptop on my legs, cooled beer in my left, mouse in the right, gf nudisting sunbathing in my garden .... :p

//no problem for me to connect via my cellphone to neocrack, but i prefer doing it, while traveling by train :)

Lincoln
02-05-05, 10:43
You're a step away from playing Neocron during sex, man.

Photcron
02-05-05, 11:31
I'm not ;o

zii
02-05-05, 20:12
Laptop balanced out of a windowledge in a falling down hotel with the mobile phone out the window so that it could get a signal, dialled into a POP at 9.6kB via my mobile. NC doesn't play well like that.

Dribble Joy
02-05-05, 20:55
In my pants. With a cup of tea. At 7pm.

I'm a man living on the edge.

msdong
02-05-05, 21:12
playing NC in the backyard, sun + beer fun.anyone remember the days where you needed a wire to play and connect to the net.

problem was that i later needed a cable for NB power. damn we need hydrogen fuel cells for NC3

NC while sex? damn it cant be that borin.... well i hear some women readin books so why not play NC. "today only spoon darling, i need to make 500 HH for my clan"

paolo escobar
02-05-05, 21:17
Live the dream DJ....... Live the dream! :)

TBH i dont hav anything so amazing as a best place i've played.

But i guess for me it was last summer, myself and a group of my best friends had a cRRazy, hard weekend of clubbing. Come sunday morning at day break we're all deep into bat country. Sitting in my lovely back garden having a bit of a tea party, ya cant beat a good cup of tea :)
Anyway it was nice and warm, the birds was singing, good tunes was playing, the food drinks and stuff were bring handed around, i had good company and a wireless laptop with which to log in and catch up with what had been happening.
It had been my first proper experience with wireless internet/network and it was nice.

RogerRamjet
02-05-05, 23:29
I played NC at like 3am after a party once. But hey i had just got to use my first blade of ceres on saturn.

With this new wireless connection jobby i might move my PC on the roof for a bit of adventure.