PDA

View Full Version : Merge all kk servers?

=REMUS=
02-05-05, 00:21
I personally wouldnt care to much if there where alot of people that chose to speak german rather than english to increase player population on server.

What are the pro's and con's of this in your opinion?

Asurmen Spec Op
02-05-05, 00:23
I dont think it would be good
1: langauge, it would divid the servers
2: over crowding, think of the poor TH :(
3:Lag issues, with so many people in zones itll lag

=REMUS=
02-05-05, 00:30
Hmm I know this has been posted before, but I was thinking that maybe it could be done. They did a similar thing with DOY.

They could dedicate all the processing power to one server to combat lag, there are alot of other places safe like TH, i think it would be a good thing for factions to stick to their safe area's such as MB.

Language shouldnt be that much of a problem, most German people I have met can speak English 100 times better than I can speak their language.

It would be a huge effort again, but I think if we just had maybe two servers it would be better.

But I suppose we will have to see how many newbies are taken in by the international release...

Tratos
02-05-05, 01:37
The lag issue caused by the merge wouldnt be so huge as you have to take into consideration that aswell as all the population on one system that system would have alot more hardware to it as i assume the physical hardware servers would be merged also.

=REMUS=
02-05-05, 01:53
exactly, but KK just don't seem to get it. The reason why mmorpg's are popular is due to the fact you are meeting real people and not having to blow their faces off instantly like fps.

If server population was higher the game would be more fun for me thats for sure!

Superbron
02-05-05, 08:46
Just wait for pops after int. release. If pops don't go up after that, it could be a viable option to merge the servers.

naimex
02-05-05, 08:53
not possible.

char slot complications
one account clans
character losses
database fluctuations
name conflicts
item and money inflations
server overload (not sure, but highly possible)
language difficulties (would add realism, but I donīt think KK is ready to have people yelling at eachother in all sorts of languages with no one understanding eachother, which would be a base for evil in form of racial comments and so on, which is in no-ones interest)

Just not worth the risc and all the complications it brings.

athon
02-05-05, 09:57
*peers into the near future of a parrallel universe*

KK Announcement: We have decided in our infinite wisdom to merge all the servers. This will work the same as the transition to NC2 - you'll be able to take only your armor, implants and quickbelt. You will not be able to take any keys, epic items. Your cash will be wiped and you'll be given an amount depending upon your rank. You'll also have to choose all new character names, assigned on a first come, first served basis.

*back to reality*
Do you really want to go through that again? I don't, and I'm sure many others don't. People were pissed the first time round. A second one so soon would just cause many borderlines to leave IMO.

Athon Solo

her.
02-05-05, 10:08

KK Announcement: We have decided in our infinite wisdom to merge all the servers. This will work the same as the transition to NC2 - you'll be able to take only your armor, implants and quickbelt. You will not be able to take any keys, epic items. Your cash will be wiped and you'll be given an amount depending upon your rank. You'll also have to choose all new character names, assigned on a first come, first served basis.

*back to reality*
Do you really want to go through that again? I don't, and I'm sure many others don't. People were pissed the first time round. A second one so soon would just cause many borderlines to leave IMO.

Athon Solo

damn str8

Kuya
02-05-05, 11:08
Lag..........................

Vae Victis
02-05-05, 12:10
i quote mage's real thoughts:
more ppl to kill......................

Original monk
02-05-05, 12:15

KK Announcement: We have decided in our infinite wisdom to merge all the servers. This will work the same as the transition to NC2 - you'll be able to take only your armor, implants and quickbelt. You will not be able to take any keys, epic items. Your cash will be wiped and you'll be given an amount depending upon your rank.

sjjjt, im getting scared allready for when NC3 arrives :(

ROZZER187
02-05-05, 12:18

*back to reality*

Athon Solo

couldn't have put it better myself :D

Xylaz
02-05-05, 14:02
Fact remains though, NC has too low population as it stands now.

And seriously, i think there's somethings wrong with the current pop-o-meter - it says 22% on terra, yet i cant find more than 2 people in a zone... yesterday i checked mb, crp, whole doy, half of nc, crest, point red, j01-j02, i06 etc., all popular spots basically. And i've counted 55 people...
Where are the others?
Playing WoW/other mmorpg and logging in for OP wars only?

It has been like this for a few months now. In the past, 20% means that terra was vibrating with actions, there were lots of people everywhere. Now its just as empty as in the morning when there is 6% pop. I dont see any difference.

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 14:08
Some people area afk in their appartements letting their SL go up.
I'd imagine that's how CM spend most of their time.

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 00:08

it's not true... theres far better ways :p

and, mainly due to evil pkers, people hunt in all places now, not just the "popular" ones of old.

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 00:27
briliant idea IF it was implimented on the change over to doy, as it wasnt, and we still ahve split servers, there are to many complications, wait till NC3

=REMUS=
03-05-05, 06:10

*back to reality*

Athon Solo

I wouldnt give two shits, the econemy is already screwed again. I think the epic items will be ok now especially if they can get off their lazy ass's and do item tracking that way you *should* be able to transfer your inventory too.

The game would attract more people than it would loose imo by having a higher player count, I was explaining what a shelter was to a noob today and he was complaining about how he had no one to level with so I logged my cousins noob melee tank to keep him company and level.

Pretty sad situation tbh

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 08:43
i'd rather have a 250 player count on a server that doesnt melt tyvm :p

though it does always seem to be the eng servers with all the problems (rollbacks, loss of hair, etc... uranus / saturn and terra) so maybe this could be a good move, as ong as they take out the terra servers and BURN THEM

Kuya
03-05-05, 12:46

liez..... :rolleyes:

we got better wayz

Selendor
03-05-05, 12:59
Where are the others?

On an average evening (gmt) there are approx 5 clans with 10+ online each, all op fighting, so thats around 50 people, probably more.

Vae Victis
03-05-05, 13:13
I'd imagine that's how CM spend most of their time. how u know? :rolleyes:
if I got -18 sl and no blueprints I'm gonna go afk in the clanapt, yes.
I cba doing aggie missions coz of
1) copbots
2) other ppl
3) pro nc alliance chat that I cannot read
therefor Im staying afk in my apt :>

NC3 is there gonna be a nc3 then? :confused:

Bugs Gunny
03-05-05, 13:24
I was a CM in NC1, and we used to kill all kinds of people. One of our guys even had -in almost all factions, including cm. If he left clan he was in BIG trouble :-)

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:29
how u know? :rolleyes:
if I got -18 sl and no blueprints I'm gonna go afk in the clanapt, yes.
I cba doing aggie missions coz of
1) copbots
2) other ppl
3) pro nc alliance chat that I cannot read
therefor Im staying afk in my apt :>

is there gonna be a nc3 then? :confused:

heh... i remember you n me doin aggies in p2 ;)

that evra pe guy constantly tryin to attack us when we were at the citycom...

i bounced from -18 to -15 sl so many times ;)

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 19:33
u hav eur m8 log as a -100 sl noob whos been killing strippers, get him to gr sumwhere nice, and gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank gank, easy ass lol

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 19:35
is there gonna be a nc3 then? :confused:

yes, kk asid in teh future they would be, there would be no point not looking to the future, or sumin along thoues lines,

ye they aint gona say, were nolongre working on nc2 so we can make nc3 like they did for nc2 while in nc 1 (damit say that 10 times fast)

but eventuly one day they will make one :D

xenocide
03-05-05, 20:21
Just wait for pops after int. release. If pops don't go up after that, it could be a viable option to merge the servers.

Yup, wait for the international release, hopefully it will make the server pops better at night time for Americans ^^.

Vae Victis
03-05-05, 23:40
heh... i remember you n me doin aggies in p2 ;)

that evra pe guy constantly tryin to attack us when we were at the citycom...

i bounced from -18 to -15 sl so many times ;)
he said he was gonna kill me, we shot him about 6x maybe ??

in the end he duelled me downstairs to see who was the better pvper.
didnt get hit once :D

he also KOSed my 2/6 monk coz i shot him and he lost SL for me :D

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 00:20
since the reviews in the uk i have lost all hope of getting a decent server pop.

who the hell sees a 24% review, then goes to buy the game?

Vryce
04-05-05, 00:38
I don't think that all the servers should be merged; some people like the four-slot option and others like the challenge of a one-slot server. I've played on both options and like the choice.

I will say this, since I've said it before in another thread: Make Mars an International server.

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 00:40
I don't think that all the servers should be merged; some people like the four-slot option and others like the challenge of a one-slot server. I've played on both options and like the choice.

I will say this, since I've said it before in another thread: Make Mars an International server.

the only difference between an int server and a ger server is the support language.

optiplex
04-05-05, 02:50
Neocron 3 = have to pay more like we did for neocron 2.. still see no difference from nc1 -_- well have to pay more again for KK greedy ass

athon
04-05-05, 09:13
since the reviews in the uk i have lost all hope of getting a decent server pop.

who the hell sees a 24% review, then goes to buy the game?
When they think the game is ready to be reviewed (since, from the mutterings of Niddhogg atleast, they apparently don't think its ready to review yet despitebeing released to the general public and us paying for it) KK should invite press to (re-)review the game - giving them a free account for 30 days or something.

Athon Solo

athon
04-05-05, 09:14
Neocron 3 = have to pay more like we did for neocron 2.. still see no difference from nc1 -_- well have to pay more again for KK greedy ass
Somehow I think Neocron 3 is likely to be some way off yet (assuming KK are still alive after some of the games I'm currently keeping my eye on come out)

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 13:27
what they should do isnt the issue...

the issue is how many people have already read that review / been told about that review.

athon
04-05-05, 13:58
what they should do isnt the issue...

the issue is how many people have already read that review / been told about that review.
Exactly - so if the magazine readers see the game re-reviewed after all the glorious new content that retail release is going to bring is added, and (hopefully) given a much better score, then KK's point that the game wasn't ready to be reviewed will have been proven, and the readers might decide to tell their friends about the latest, better review.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 14:00
Exactly - so if the magazine readers see the game re-reviewed after all the glorious new content that retail release is going to bring is added, and (hopefully) given a much better score, then KK's point that the game wasn't ready to be reviewed will have been proven, and the readers might decide to tell their friends about the latest, better review.

Athon Solo

heh...

the patch that they wont release before int release...

look at this patch? the high level nc quest is dead. the high level cm one is dead.

apparently certain factions noob missions dont work, apparently the whole droner mission doesnt work.

if kk are going to count on this patch... please dont release it at the same time as you invite them to test the game...

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 15:09
rigger mission works u just dont get a reward

Vae Victis
04-05-05, 15:19
nc1 for win

Xiphias
14-05-05, 21:03
nc1 for win

seconds that.

Nidhogg
14-05-05, 21:06