PDA

View Full Version : REMOVE Resist Psi pls

Super Mario
01-05-05, 23:39
Just thinking fot the international release how many noobs are gonna put points in there not knowing it is a reduntant skill !! (well when i started nc as a tank i put all my well earned psi points in there thinking monks wont hurt me BUT to my dismay i found out it was useless :( Way back in NC1) lets not let other people make make this mistake!

Thought pls

Super M

Safunte
01-05-05, 23:49
i agree,
and when do we get War Games!?!?
all the procity newbs will be slightly more cappable of shooting something then the anticity newbs

athon
02-05-05, 00:19
i agree,
and when do we get War Games!?!?
all the procity newbs will be slightly more cappable of shooting something then the anticity newbs
Pro-city need that advantage just to have a chance at getting even. =D

Athon Solo

Superbron
02-05-05, 08:42
Yes, remove this skill before int. release or do something useful with it. It's quite pointless to have useless skills in the game.

msdong
02-05-05, 09:41
KK should change that skill to PSI Regeneration. puttin points in there raise your health faster when your standing still.

her.
02-05-05, 09:51
that would be sick as fuck

Vae Victis
02-05-05, 11:30
KK should change that skill to PSI Regeneration. puttin points in there raise your health faster when your standing still.
maybe thats what a heal is for ?

standing still during combat? o_O

Super Mario
02-05-05, 16:26
well it was just an idea as many people (wether they admit it or not) have prolly made this mistake and could really piss some people off i mean for kk not to remove it in nc2 just seemed lazy IMO. I mean they spent so much time making the damn thing you thought thy would have taken a redundent thing such as this out! (Unless they just took NC1 and changed a few things and stuck a new label and price on it :confused: )

Super M

msdong
02-05-05, 16:36
maybe thats what a heal is for ?

standing still during combat? o_O

yes, but i was thinkin about a replacement for lowlevel spells on all ppl but psi and PE. if you get the same effect for in just spec'in one or two skill we get rid of all that casting tanks. plus it offers a new kind of tactic to the game.

a basic idea is having the psi points and the psi regeneration skill. if you get hurt the psi regen drains mana from your pool to heal you.

yes you would sacrifice the deflector and the basic skill boost but you get free heal.

€: just an idea, the skill will be removed and forgotten anyway.

Heavyporker
02-05-05, 17:02
I say keep it. Keep Resist PSI.

Make all PSI modules have their effects scalable to the amount of Resist PSI in target.

All APU Modules should now do about 40% to 60% of their damage in PSI.

Psi Attack modules would be pure PSI damage.

Heals do negative PSI damage, so getting hit by one actually gives you health. Making it this way means you actually resist heals not cast by you.

Damage boost would be a multiplier of PSI damage. Resist PSI decreases this multiplier AND the damage of PSI damage taken.

her.
02-05-05, 17:04
that would be awesome porker except for the fact that the skill has no purpose in the game at all and does not work...and it will not work...so just take the damn thing out

Vae Victis
02-05-05, 17:13
ya right porker..
so a tank fighting an APU would be kinda pointless since the tanks cant get resists against HL/FA anymore.. o_O

remove it, its useless

SovKhan
02-05-05, 17:21
for the time being hotfix the code. have the button to add points simply not linked to anything in the code so people and noobs cant add anything. then work on removeing the GUI later.

Heavyporker
02-05-05, 18:24
Oh, wow. How stupid can this be?

GEntanks can still have resists against HL/FA.

For one thing, they do have just enough PSI to have a max of 50 into psi resist if they so choose to.

For another, whoever the hell said that HL/FA would be pure psi damage? Clean your fucking eyes out and read up again.

ZoVoS
02-05-05, 23:46
prf resist psi should be changed to psi sheild,

and all classes get there point invested into a week psi sheild, acting like normal psi points or stamina but a seperate bar,

should give u temperary imunity to damage 1 point for 1 point, and it can be (like run) turned on and off

be very usefull for a last few seconds running away, and if it acts like psi sheild that ppus have it deffenatly wont be over powered :D u whack on a psi sheild as a ppu and ur pool gets drained to nothing :P

-*edit*-
all point by point should be calculated AFTER amour, but BEFORE buffs, this will balance the amount of psi u are able to balance (tanks have low psi good amour not buffs where as pe's have ok amour more psi and buffs to compensate)