PDA

View Full Version : mem leaks ?...

[TgR]KILLER
01-05-05, 12:49
so.. when are they finally getting fixed ? all this new content and all crap is fun but the mem leak is pissing me off more and more.

last night on vent "pker at crp" as i was at cyc i ran there on my apu.. i turn my head in crp building.. start to lag a bit.. had just 50 free mem to start with now it dropped to shit all.. i see a stealth cload.. and yes the pker comes out of it. so i give him a shot of HL..

then the mess started 0 fps 0 free mem. game hangs for 2 seconds then lags a second then goes back as normal..

30ish fps but shitloads of people around doesn't hurt but 2 free mem -_-

best thing is.. the almost near crash when i gave him 1 shot of HL screwed up my nc so frigging bad that my "fire" was stuck.. i hit about 3 allies with HL put my spell away.. pulled it out again and it started to fire like mad again.. great a autofiring HL.. and its about the 4th time that happend to me..

conclusion is. getting shitloads of new content.. newb missions.. high level missions. and hell what not is all good and fun.. but with the mem leak and all other bugs it doesn't get any better in playability. /rant

outside of my 2 "rant" threads got this mail yesterday..

Your Neocron 2 account has been processed--thanks very much for your payment!
Your account expiration date is now: August 2, 2005.

3 more months to fix the game ;x

her.
01-05-05, 12:53
dunno but luckily my 2 gig of mem compensates for that nasty shit

Toxen
01-05-05, 12:54
Please merge this thread with current rants on the patch notes thread then you can join the rest of us in deep discussion (read, flame wars) about this patch

[TgR]KILLER
01-05-05, 13:22
toxen really what you on about ? it aint a rant on this patch or hasn't even have anything to do with this patch.. its about the mem leaks and they been here since the start of nc2 "retail"

Dribble Joy
01-05-05, 13:33
/me wishes they would roll back the gfx to closed beta where there was no leak and the fps was much better than in NC1.

ZoVoS
01-05-05, 14:21
ye but then the gforce users will be bitching wont they, cos aparently the gforce drivers didnt work properly

i being one of them :P

but i duno if it was gforce new or old cards...

[TgR]KILLER
01-05-05, 14:46
maybe it was the old range.. cause as dj said the beta was far better.. in beta i din't crash at all for days and had no mem leak problems or whatsoever.. and running on a geforce 6800 GT so :)

Tostino
01-05-05, 16:57
ye but then the gforce users will be bitching wont they, cos aparently the gforce drivers didnt work properly

They worked fine for me (when I was using a gforce 4 ti 4600) and my friend (5800 ultra) in closed beta.

Bugs Gunny
01-05-05, 17:12
geforce2mx400 and geforce 6800 worked fine with them.

vashtyphoon78
01-05-05, 17:52
ugh... i hope they dont roll back. if they do im fucked even worse than i am now, because this has happened to me too a few times BUT I DONT WANNA BE ABLE TO NOT PLAY AT ALL :eek:

Brammers
01-05-05, 19:36

Gforce 3 and 4 cards had problems with the DX9 driver. DX7 was fine, and yes I was also one of those users.

The DX9 driver has a big mem leak in it somewhere. I had an crappy P4 box with onbaord graphics and NC2 would only run in DX7 mode. I could leave the PC running all night. I upgraded it to a cheap PCI ATI card, and that can do DX9. However, when you leave it running all night, it's either crashed with loads of "Low on virtual memory messages" from windows.

ZoVoS
02-05-05, 23:51
:P fuk it then i only use dx 7 anyway :D id prefer the role back to :P