PDA

View Full Version : about WoW and honour system

Xylaz
30-04-05, 23:11
I had a long talk with my friend today. He quit NC 2 months ago and joined WoW - and so far - he dont regret it. Actually, he dragged down to WoW quite alot of ex-nc people and he constantly trying to drag me as well.

I'm kinda sceptic to his revelations, so i'd like to ask people who play WoW - how's doing nowadays?

He says its all ok, pretty hard with all those "honour gankers" but challenging and satisfying, though in his opinion blizzard had lost control over it - at least atm. He said lots of people are leaving to pve servers due to that (he plays on burning legion i think, wow euro). But that's one of the reasons i'm needed there

Oh, and he sends greetings to all you neocronians who remember him (gabar, dr luminous, avenger, gabson - former DS Inc member)

darknessfairy
01-05-05, 02:20
i joined wow about a month ago - i don't regret it.

the quest system s great - you start in the newbie area, get quests - then when you're of a high enough lvl the quests lead you to the enxt sector, so on and so forth until you have been round every sector...

i'm on a "normal" server, cos i don't like pvp on all the time, so far, i have been so busy with quests that i don't want to pvp.... (and from the looks of some people, they don't know how to pvp :p )

the honour system is wonderful - not only does it encourage protecting your allianance, but it rewards it. For so many honourable kills you do, you get a certain rank on your name, private, sergeant etc...
With this rank you get access to a seperate place within one of the main cities, and get possible get armour far better than you are able to build/find... (this isnt confirmed, just mere speculation at this point - go see my b if you find this wrong, it's his info)

anyways gotta go pick up pissed birthday girl... so i'll discuss more later

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 02:34
i played for a matter of hours before i thought "this is DAoC with differenc models and a bigger game world". i then uninstalled it.

Morganth
01-05-05, 04:46
Still currently playing, and HKing has only really made lower level characters a little harder to play, as on my server (Al'Akir) people generally ganked anything that was the opposite faction.

Game was getting a little boring for me, but then they introduced the Honour system, and I am at almost the right level for all the high level content (Strat, Scholo, DM, BRD, *BRS).

retr0n
01-05-05, 12:11
The thing is, 90% of the people playing have not read the rules about the honour
system and don't really understand how it works, so they just gank everything.

This has made a few zones very unplayable due to constant raids, and it doesnt
matter much that you are not within range to qualify as an honorable kill to
someone, your ass is grass.

People mistake the number of honour kills with contribution points, wich is what
your rank is based on. The number of contribution points is based on how much
damage you do to your opponent and what the level difference is.

Also at level 48+ you are KOS to everybody since you get points for killing 48 and
up as a level 60.

The dishonour system is not yet implemetnted, i think the first thing they will
add is loss of points if you kill grey (alot lower then yourself) quest NPCs.

Other then that, it's pretty cool, lots of PvP.

Xiphias
01-05-05, 13:34
Well, Im pretty happy with the HS, its great fun.. untill some bastard rogue cheapshots you kills ya then 'vanishes' The 1st time I logged in post patch they camped me and the grave yard so I logged on my lowbie chars, being lvl 48 aint so bad im a corperal so get the nice Ammulet that makes me immune to stun etc.

WoW isnt for everyone, but its for alot of people... Give it a try, you dont like it leave! ;)

DigestiveBiscui
01-05-05, 15:13
I joined wow in US beta ages ago :P, but really got into it in EU

so far we havea guild pureply made fomr Ex-NC players - About 40-50 of us atm. It's good - way to good atm to think of playing nc again

Honour system is nice but needs tweaks, battlegrounds is soon which = op wars, it should be a right laugh

the one thing i love the most about wow, over nc, is that there are so many places where , even if you are caped, u NEED to have a raid group of about 40 people to do it, and its not hard finding them either :p

Also - so much stuff to get once u are capped as well - can't see me getting bored of it anytime soon

Morganth
02-05-05, 18:32
Biccy you are Alliance Al'Akir right? If so, whats your clan name because I'll keep an eye out for you.

I'm playing as Horde on Al'Akir with a clan made up of 90% ex-NC peeps, and I know of 2 other ex-NC Horde players in another clan.

And on the raid note: I was part of a Hillsbrad war (I say war rather than raid because both sides kept pushing the other back and forth between TM and SS :lol: ) and managed to help kill 30 people, which handed me 600 CPs which was nice. Now I don't get ganked too much, as most the people I come across are my lvl (57) and are sensible. They realise that if they kill me, they are gonna find it hard to level in that zone as I will most likely come back (be it with reinforcements or not), and vice versa.

Oath
02-05-05, 19:10
I like the honor system, it encourages more pvp but yes it does encourage more ganking, moral of the story : gank first.

Dundonian
03-05-05, 01:52
Biccy you are Alliance Al'Akir right? If so, whats your clan name because I'll keep an eye out for you.

I'm playing as Horde on Al'Akir with a clan made up of 90% ex-NC peeps, and I know of 2 other ex-NC Horde players in another clan.

And on the raid note: I was part of a Hillsbrad war (I say war rather than raid because both sides kept pushing the other back and forth between TM and SS :lol: ) and managed to help kill 30 people, which handed me 600 CPs which was nice. Now I don't get ganked too much, as most the people I come across are my lvl (57) and are sensible. They realise that if they kill me, they are gonna find it hard to level in that zone as I will most likely come back (be it with reinforcements or not), and vice versa.

Our guild is called Immunity.

As bicceh said it's made up of mainly ex ncers, it started with mainly saturn players from 101st/flr/Phoenix. Although we have also got a few other ex ncers from various other clans aswell.

$tormbringer
03-05-05, 02:31
[...]managed to help kill 30 people, which handed me 600 CPs which was nice.[...]

n00b-PK!

Reason:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/dangerklaus/wtfnoobpk.PNG

Xiphias
03-05-05, 03:02
n00b-PK!

Reason:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/dangerklaus/wtfnoobpk.PNG

undead rogue... go figure, they stand in busy areas like gadgetzan hide in stealth, cheapshot you, ******** your body and kill you then stealth off into the shadows, what ever the cool down on 'vanish' they can still do it..

Blizzards joke class.. 99 % of my deaths are related to an undead rogue.. fuckin lame class of WoW :rolleyes:

Morganth
03-05-05, 04:16
No, its called getting a few hits off on a lvl60 when part of an ungrouped war in Hillsbrad.

And most my deaths logged by my PvPlog are either because I am heavely outnumbered (for some reason I find it easier to escape when I am being taken 3+vme O_o ), its a rogue, or I am at low hlt/mana for whatever reason.

Can see me getting downgraded in rank this week though, as I haven't had time to do anything remotely close to PvP :(

@Immunity members: Have yet to see you lot about, but look out for the HATE guild tag and you'll find a handful of ex-Cartel :D . I hope if we do meet, it won't be with low hlt etc. If you fight fair, so will I (I say I, because I am the only person in my guild near cap. But I have some nice friends in The Void who are capped who will assist if needs be :p ).

EDIT: Any idea what "Standing" means? I'm lost on this one :(

Xiphias
03-05-05, 09:38
doesnt 'Standing' mean the points to be added next recalc?

Ascension
03-05-05, 09:43
just type /who immunity, im sure you'll see that we have alot of high -> capped players ;)

DigestiveBiscui
03-05-05, 13:55
Stnading means what rank u are on the server

IE - If ure standing 70 then ure 70th best player on the server with the honour system

Herbitt
03-05-05, 16:36
just type /who immunity, im sure you'll see that we have alot of high -> capped players ;)

AFAIK you can only /who people on the same side as you :/

Morganth
03-05-05, 17:54
AFAIK you can only /who people on the same side as you :/

Bingo.

$tormbringer
04-05-05, 19:38
undead rogue... go figure, they stand in busy areas like gadgetzan hide in stealth, cheapshot you, ******** your body and kill you then stealth off into the shadows, what ever the cool down on 'vanish' they can still do it..

Blizzards joke class.. 99 % of my deaths are related to an undead rogue.. fuckin lame class of WoW :rolleyes:

AHAHahaahahaha

Got owned one to many times by a Rogue I guess.

Poor you.

Dundonian
05-05-05, 03:53
AHAHahaahahaha

Poor you.

UD Rogue, is only topped in n00bness by one other race/class combo.

Guess what that is.

Give Up?

T_ _ _ _ N S_ _ _ _N.

Should be easy enuff now.

$tormbringer
05-05-05, 04:06
UD Rogue, is only topped in n00bness by one other race/class combo.

Guess what that is.

Give Up?

T_ _ _ _ N S_ _ _ _N.

Should be easy enuff now.

How about...

Human/Gnome/Dwarf/NE Rouge?

or better

Human/Dwarf Paladin?

Oh wait, no those aren't teh nibbish because the are playing on YOUR side...

:rolleyes:

Switch-Blade
05-05-05, 08:20
AHAHahaahahaha

Poor you.

Owned by a rogue.. yeah, your most likely tp be, because you can combat it for so long, then you run out of insta-cast spells to maintain your health..

The Alliance - Horde ratio on Al'Akir is 36:64, 36 Being Alliance :rolleyes: so, your rogue cheapshots you. pulls the guards away then every other horde has a field day, except you cant attack because for some reason the guards love to chase alliance :rolleyes:

Capt. Rik
05-05-05, 10:03
HK system seems to work really well on my server - I got 512 HK's last week on my lvl 45 warrior :)

Most of them came from raids but there's often the odd pvp flagged horde guy in Stranglethorn Vale

Yelly
05-05-05, 11:47
Honor system is ok exxcept the n00b ganking.
It was idiotic before and now it is insane.
Think I seen ppl scream about n00bganking in NC.
I think that is nothing compared to wow atm.

DigestiveBiscui
05-05-05, 13:45
How about...

Human/Gnome/Dwarf/NE Rouge?

or better

Human/Dwarf Paladin?

Oh wait, no those aren't teh nibbish because the are playing on YOUR side...

:rolleyes:

now ure just being fucking stupid storm

UD roogues USED to be the noobest of classes - due to there nice invinsibility button - which needs a real big nerf. But since the trinket came out we all get it

Now its just down to nerfing good old - Instant dmg, instant heal, instan buff removal shamans :)

Jesterthegreat
05-05-05, 13:51
UD roogues USED to be the noobest of classes - due to there nice invinsibility button - which needs a real big nerf. But since the trinket came out we all get it

more nc simlarities... sounds like the nc stealth le switch

Oath
05-05-05, 14:10
more nc simlarities... sounds like the nc stealth le switch

In some cases it can be.

People don't hate rogues because they are uber, they hate rogues because you can't (always) see them coming and that scares them ;) That and stunlock......

Nc's stealth is much better though in my opinion, that and it has guns...

Capt. Rik
05-05-05, 15:00
I like fighting rogues - they don't heal!

Retaliation + Overpower is great against them :p

Oath
05-05-05, 15:06
I like fighting rogues - they don't heal!

Retaliation + Overpower is great against them :p

KOS!!!

:lol:

There are many ways to beat a rogue, problem is most people just give up :rolleyes:

Capt. Rik
05-05-05, 15:54
KOS!!!

:lol:

There are many ways to beat a rogue, problem is most people just give up :rolleyes:

Sorry, forgot to slap a hamstring on as well :p

I was duelling my brothers paladin last night - so annoying, i almost got him down to execute range then he used his invincibility shield and healed back up and killed me :(

Warriors are easily the worst class for 1 on 1 pvp :( :(

Jesterthegreat
05-05-05, 19:29

more similarities to nc again...

people would rather whine "i had no armour" over ooc than fight back...

Ascension
05-05-05, 19:46
more similarities to nc again...

people would rather whine "i had no armour" over ooc than fight back...

you cant fight back when your stunned ;) :rolleyes:

$tormbringer
05-05-05, 20:45
now ure just being fucking stupid storm

Now its just down to nerfing good old - Instant dmg, instant heal, instan buff removal shamans :)

It's great how you show that you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about.

1. WotF is an Invincibility button? 3 min cooldown for 20 sec. immunity to fear, charm and sleep.

Whoopdee-fuckin-doo, that's gonna make me UBAR!

2. If you were talking about Vanish (what I highly doubt, because as you should know UD Rogues aren't the only ones who have that), then you have even less of a clue, because Vansih is so easily countered by a DoT that it's praticaly useless in a fight.

3. About the Shamanthing, well instant-dmg every 6 secs. which drains mana fast, instantheal every 3 mins WHEN you spec for it and ONOZ buffremoval.

Plz get a clue.

There are more then enough things were a Paladin is better than a Shaman, just because 95% of the Paladinplayers are to fking stupid to play their class to it's full potential doesn't mean they suck.

Oh and btw. my server is 50:50 so I've no problem, sux to be on a shitty server doesn't it? :p

Morganth
05-05-05, 22:07
It's great how you show that you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about.

1. WotF is an Invincibility button? 3 min cooldown for 20 sec. immunity to fear, charm and sleep.

Whoopdee-fuckin-doo, that's gonna make me UBAR!

2. If you were talking about Vanish (what I highly doubt, because as you should know UD Rogues aren't the only ones who have that), then you have even less of a clue, because Vansih is so easily countered by a DoT that it's praticaly useless in a fight.

3. About the Shamanthing, well instant-dmg every 6 secs. which drains mana fast, instantheal every 3 mins WHEN you spec for it and ONOZ buffremoval.

Plz get a clue.

There are more then enough things were a Paladin is better than a Shaman, just because 95% of the Paladinplayers are to fking stupid to play their class to it's full potential doesn't mean they suck.

Oh and btw. my server is 50:50 so I've no problem, sux to be on a shitty server doesn't it? :p

1: You realise that a for a capped UD rogue that 20s is the time between you becoming unstunned and you dying right? If they got the drop on you, you may as well give up because they will already have one, possibly two, combo points on your ass. Then slap on WotF and in that 20s they can get their last 3/4 combo points and kill you if you are a cloth class, or take you past half health as anything else.

2: Vanish is only useful if the rogue is a higher level than you (far too many alliance rogues that have tried to gank me have used Vanish to get out because they are lvl60 and I am lvl58)

3: Shamans are fine, leave them be. A good shaman can beat any paladin, because once the pala has used his Shield+Insta full health, he has no mana and is basically buggered. Natures Swiftness is the dogs bollocks, just specced as part of my PvP shaman spec and it has really improved my chance of beating someone who's a higher level than me.

And on a side note: Was wondering why there are so many Sergeant/Senior Sergeants on the alliance side who are turning up to TM fights, and the reason came clear as soon as I got near SS. Mass guard spawns that follow you up to TM are the reason. Once the guards have you marked as their target, every alliance bugger in the area sees this as an opportunity for an easy kill. Bastards.

EDIT:

Warriors are easily the worst class for 1 on 1 pvp :( :(

The key to a good warrior is that is well equipped. The worse class for PvP by far is the Warlock, merely because they have to wait for the person to die, and in the mean time the person has every opportunity to kill them. I'd say Hunters were next, merely because they get screwed over as soon as you get too close.

Lothar IB
05-05-05, 22:54
I do fine with my warlock at lvl37 so far. More often than not i do rather well in pvp unless the person is 3 or more levels higher than me.

Have not fougth all classes with it yet so that may change.

SilKK
05-05-05, 23:52
yeh boobs on your face tbh

gnome ftw

Morganth
06-05-05, 01:33
I do fine with my warlock at lvl37 so far. More often than not i do rather well in pvp unless the person is 3 or more levels higher than me.

Have not fougth all classes with it yet so that may change.

Yeah, there's a warlock in my guild that rarely looses fights. But I guess thats because the Alliance on Al'Akir are crap :p

But at a higher level, when you know how to deal with each class individually, as a shaman, I find there isn't really a class I find hard to beat. Paladins can get irritating if they can out pot me for mana, but aside from that they are no biggy.

Although I must say, in group PvP, warlocks are fairly lethal. If you can slap all your DoTs on everyone you are fighting, you can let the other people in your team deal with the other half of their health bar :lol:

Was at a TM war last night when they started unleashing infernals and doomguards on us. One of them started attacking one of our people, before it got banished. It then decided it wouldn't be under the control of an alliance warlock, and promptly ran back into SS to find whoever summoned it :lol:

$tormbringer
06-05-05, 02:02
1: You realise that a for a capped UD rogue that 20s is the time between you becoming unstunned and you dying right? If they got the drop on you, you may as well give up because they will already have one, possibly two, combo points on your ass. Then slap on WotF and in that 20s they can get their last 3/4 combo points and kill you if you are a cloth class, or take you past half health as anything else.

Priest and Warlock are the ONLY classes who even have a right to complain, because they 1.) use Fear and 2.) can't get out of Stun (they can now with the PvP-Trinket).

Any other class complaining is just to fucking stupid to play properly.

Mages have 2 ways getting out of ANY stun, one with a cooldown of 15 secs. and the other being the trinket.

By the way there are things called "Free Action Potion", use them.

2: Vanish is only useful if the rogue is a higher level than you (far too many alliance rogues that have tried to gank me have used Vanish to get out because they are lvl60 and I am lvl58)[...]

Any DoT cancels Vanish.

40$Poser
06-05-05, 02:41
ya my priest's enjoyable moments of aoe fearing alliance are long gone. Most of the time it's aoe fear (5 alliance snap out of fear)

oh well at least I can still jump the alliance into lava and run them into packs of horde lol

Morganth
06-05-05, 05:04
Priest and Warlock are the ONLY classes who even have a right to complain, because they 1.) use Fear and 2.) can't get out of Stun (they can now with the PvP-Trinket).

I'm not complaining. I play Horde, therefore I have never had the pleasure of killing an undead rogue in a FFA environment. I'm a shaman, firstly there is nothing I can't beat due to class gimpage (i.e. I can get beaten due to the other person being better than me, rather than my class just being lame) and secondly no matter what is thrown at me, chances are I have a totem that counters it :D

Purple
27-05-05, 15:43
i Play an undead priest currenty at lvl 57 and she is fucking dope!! she kicks ass. I quite like wow my PvP sucked in NC but i love it in WoW. There only one thing i fear and thats rogues, even they can be defeated using a selection of fear and DoTs.

The HS is great as i play with about 25% of phaze still and we all in same guild its great:

Cosmo aka cloud strife is currently rank 7 he is a uber mage
Purple me : rank 4 i dont spend my time on pointless raids atm if i see a red i try and kill it.

WoW is a pretty cool game people winge about chars need to be nerfed but same with NC its all about balance every class work together.

Anyways peeps I play on Warsong if you want me ! come say hi

QuantumDelta
27-05-05, 16:28
Blink needs a nerf...

Mages are like APUs.....except...Mages have about fifty "Erm damage?" buttons.

Priests do too much damage for what they are.

Shammys need a couple of tweaks no real big nerfs apart from possibly purge (2.5 sec or even 3 sec cast time).

Pallys need a few tweaks, most of which are in the upward direction, I ******** pallys on my mage and my rogue, (A rogue raping a plate wearer....lovely makes so much sense).

And War's crit overpower needs a nerf.
Same as their exec.

SilKK
27-05-05, 22:39
al akir alliance dont suck lol try fight our clan tbh see the truth and all horde do is gank like muthafuxs

Ascension
28-05-05, 03:58
Shammys need a couple of tweaks no real big nerfs apart from possibly purge (2.5 sec or even 3 sec cast time).

Same as their exec.
Shammys are a joke, they have a little of everyclass, can spam earthbind totems and spam frostshock.. the noob class of the game to be fair.. WTF was Blizzard smoking when they made shamens :rolleyes:

Priests are pretty screwed if they are jumped and are no relation to your 'PPU' they need team support if they are holy spec.. SHadow spec well, much nicer if your more an aggresive player..

Mages blink needs a nerf? Naw not really its cooldown is enough to stop it being spammed. More attack buttons than APU, naw its more of a case of trialling different scenarios to stop your enemy getting the upper hand.

Morganth
28-05-05, 06:37
Shammys are a joke, they have a little of everyclass, can spam earthbind totems and spam frostshock.. the noob class of the game to be fair.. WTF was Blizzard smoking when they made shamens :rolleyes:

They are hybrids, simple as. From the sound of what your saying I'd say you've been owned too many times by half good shamans. Unless you've played a shaman, you can't say they are a n00b class. They aren't as simple to play as you make them out to be.

BTW, tell Koro that spamming Root as a Druid is lame :p

hinch
28-05-05, 12:55
morgs will you get your ass out of this crap game and back into wow ta.

i do believe we have some nibs to be lvling

Ascension
28-05-05, 20:40
They are hybrids, simple as. From the sound of what your saying I'd say you've been owned too many times by half good shamans. Unless you've played a shaman, you can't say they are a n00b class. They aren't as simple to play as you make them out to be.

BTW, tell Koro that spamming Root as a Druid is lame :p
owned by shamens not really.. just every horde and his mother are a shamen, you get in a fight 1 v 1 against a horde.. and some ****** shamen comes along and earthbind totems and frostshock spams ya, gfg tbh!

Morganth
29-05-05, 02:24
owned by shamens not really.. just every horde and his mother are a shamen, you get in a fight 1 v 1 against a horde.. and some ****** shamen comes along and earthbind totems and frostshock spams ya, gfg tbh!

Same as the majority of alliance players seem to be paladins or rogues (although horde has a very high rogue population). At the moment, Al'Akir's horde side has the same percentage of Warriors, Shamans and Rogues. I'm out of the WoW scene for a bit, need a break as I am not finding it as fun as I used to.