PDA

View Full Version : Rare DB - http://ncraredb.tricin.net/

Brammers
30-04-05, 18:04
For those who use the great rare DB at http://ncraredb.tricin.net/ there is a notice the DB is going down on the 30 April, ie today!

So download your rarelists fast if you still use it still!

And to whoever runs it, thank you very much for a great service you have been running.

Tantta
30-04-05, 18:23
Yeah i have been using that database too and its really shame to see its going down.
Thank you whoever was keeping it up.

Dr Strange
30-04-05, 18:43
permantely going down or what?

Infinite
30-04-05, 19:08
permantely going down or what?

What he said.

Pass the code to some1 if your leaving or jsut don't want it n e more, I'm sure some1 would host it... i would lol.

Tantta
30-04-05, 19:10
"THIS WEBSITE IS GOING DOWN AT 04-30-2005!!!"

so yeah i guess so.
i self managed to keep my rares in one txt file by now. :p
http://koti.mbnet.fi/thantos/Thantos%20Rare%20database.txt

Dykie
30-04-05, 19:26
RARE DB - rare damage boost ;)

naimex
30-04-05, 19:49
I could put it on my domain, but there is no addresses to contact those that have that page at for the code.

EDIT:

ill attempt the anti-spybot address tahts on the www.tricin.net site

msdong
30-04-05, 20:20
I could put it on my domain, but there is no addresses to contact those that have that page at for the code.

EDIT:

ill attempt the anti-spybot address tahts on the www.tricin.net site
if you log in there is a contact adress on the bottom of the list. ill try my chance, too.

naimex
30-04-05, 20:21
if you log in there is a contact adress on the bottom of the list. ill try my chance, too.

hmm, ill try that, if it will even let me make one :p

EDIT: the mail inside is the same as i sent to.

[TgR]KILLER
30-04-05, 20:32
hehe just made my own webpage and just edit that and upload it every time.. a lil bit more work then the database maybe but it works :D

[TgR] rare site (http://www.tgr-rares.tk/)

naimex
30-04-05, 20:35
KILLER']hehe just made my own webpage and just edit that and upload it every time.. a lil bit more work then the database maybe but it works :D

[TgR] rare site (http://www.tgr-rares.tk/)

if i wasnt so lazy i could write it myself easily..

but i am lazy and in the middle of an exam project...

Mr Kot
30-04-05, 21:00
Arrgh, it wont let me download the rare list :(

naimex
03-05-05, 05:06
Anyone heard from them yet?

I haven´t :(

-FN-
03-05-05, 07:17
/me debates making a Public version of SXR's raredb... which is pretty much the same as tricin's... emails tricin instead... for now...

naimex
06-05-05, 08:57
First message:

Hiya,
Since you are pulling down the ncraredb, and a lot of people
would like to continue to use this service.
Would it be possible for me to have your code so I can host it on
my webhotel instead?
Would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Thanks in advance,

naimex

First reply:

Hi naimex,

sorry for the late reply. I moved my websites to a new server and forgot
to update fetchmail so I missed your message.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, however. I'll not give the ncraredb
source-code out to the public. And the reason is rather simple - it's
just embarrassingly bad coded.

Tricin

Second message:

Hello Tricin,

People seem to have been satisfied with the functionality of your rares database, so on their behalf, I would like you to reconsider, but it is your database and your choice, so if thats your final decision, then of course I will respect that.

In any case, best of luck with whatever you´re moving on to.

naimex

aquacoder
06-05-05, 09:14
That is really sad. I just realized all my data is gone. :(

I can not understand the doubts of Tricin, his work is really good. It's not that simple to code such project in php. And javascript and css on the page was also greate work if i remember correctly. I am software developer and understand how php projekts work and how bad these could be done ^^

Brammers
06-05-05, 13:45
That is really sad. I just realized all my data is gone. :(

I can not understand the doubts of Tricin, his work is really good. It's not that simple to code such project in php. And javascript and css on the page was also greate work if i remember correctly. I am software developer and understand how php projekts work and how bad these could be done ^^

I've noticed the pages were "slow" on my old PC, not sure why, but I suspect the heavy CSS/Javascript was the main reason.

Depending on whether FN is going to make his version of the rare DB available or not, I will look at writing my own version and hosting it on the Tech Haven Network for all to use.

*Gets writing a basic spec*

[TgR]KILLER
06-05-05, 14:06
I think uho was going to get the rare db thing from tricin don't know for sure tho its something i picked up on vent ;x

Terkantia
06-05-05, 15:03
Man, this SO sucks . . .

We (clanmates) had assumed that the announcement was to inform us he was upgrading his server, not doing away with teh rare db.

I'm no sftw dev or db admin but if someone wants to put somehitng together to replace this, I'd be more than happy to donate my time, skills, whatever to help re-institute a solution. Shoot me a PM

aquacoder
06-05-05, 15:07
I've noticed the pages were "slow" on my old PC, not sure why, but I suspect the heavy CSS/Javascript was the main reason.

Depending on whether FN is going to make his version of the rare DB available or not, I will look at writing my own version and hosting it on the Tech Haven Network for all to use.

*Gets writing a basic spec*

CSS and Script can produce high load to the whole system. Especially if many layers, CSS styles, JavaScripts/Events and UI objects are in use on the same page. You know actually how many sensitive fields/images were on the page, so it is nothing special that old hardware have problems with it.

Brammers
06-05-05, 19:59
Right, off coding I go...

Tratos
06-05-05, 20:09
Go Go Gadget Brammers!

Yelly
06-05-05, 20:13
Got mail from owner of the ncraredb.
He said

Because of the bad coded stuff he won´t give out the source.
But I have him other options so will see if he replies

xenocide
06-05-05, 23:41
please posts updates on possible rare databases -- ^^.

System
06-05-05, 23:48
I'll talk to my Host provider and see if I can host all that without having to much of a problem

Infinite
06-05-05, 23:58
Naimex or FN you going to make one?

Or i guess I have something to do tomorrow after work.

naimex
07-05-05, 00:05
Naimex or FN you going to make one?

Or i guess I have something to do tomorrow after work.

I would if I had the time to fiddle with it.

but it will take me some time to get it made, and then even longer to make it work as good as tricin had it.

but I just dont have the time, cuz I´m in the middle of exam + trying to find out how to make my own site + making a friends site and at the same time talking with police and insurance company, because the case with the guys that nicked my phone isnt closed yet, and I still havent gotten the papers from the insurance company, but I got pretty much everything else ready for them.

So as you can tell I got a lot going on atm. so it would be faster if someone else made it.

as said, I´ll gladly host it.

and I´m still waiting for the second reply from tricin.

-FN-
07-05-05, 00:42
Kinda in the same boat as naimex... :(

I'd like to... but it would take awhile to get one up to the visual standards of Tricin's. I am in the midst of about 10 other nc.syn projects - clickable world map with sector info, NPC & Vendor Databases, Profession Guides... I really don't have time to take another project on.

I've also been trying to minimize bandwidth usage (hence the removal of videos and the intro to VotD). Whoever ends up replacing Tricin, make sure to register at the Neocron Webring (http://nc.synergyxr.net/webring/).

Brammers
07-05-05, 00:57
Ok I guess it is down to me then...

Current status is, I've stared the database design, class design and started coding. I'm currently waiting for some DNS updates to complete so I can complete a bit of testing, but the major part of the coding that handles the data is done.

Currently I got the reference data going in which is the data that tells the web application how many parts each rare item has, and what sort of parts it needs.

It's also now outputting all the data back into a human readable form. It's not pretty as Tricin's but it's working.

So some of the ground work is done, lots more to go yet. I'll post here tomorrow on the latest, with maybe a URL.

Edit: P.S. Can I ask for some help in order to do this project. Can anyone post up features, screenshots and cool little things that the Tricin database did. There will be more help requests coming later.

fschepper
07-05-05, 01:53
made a html backup of my tricin db a while ago... maybe it can help

Click (http://fschepper.fs.funpic.de/tricin/user.htm)

mehirc
07-05-05, 13:52
I once made my own online-raredb when i noticed that tricin will be down sometime. But because i was working on another site and lacked of experience, i made it for one User/Clan only. So i used it for myself only and also stoped working on it.

But now i added some features and prepared it for more users. It has not that professional look and all features that tricin had, but it is also horrible coded. :p Anyway the site does its job for me and will do it for you, i hope.

Sorry for not showing up earlier on this thread.

The site will be online in a few days and has the following features:

One user, two passwords. One for Viewers one for Editors.
Customizable Row/Column-Order.
Customizable Colors to adapt it to another site.
Export and Import of CSV-Files.

Here (http://ncraredb.dschaek.de) you can already have a look and play around with the current version. Please don't really use it, i won't take care of the data. It's just for testing purposes. Feel free to report bugs or suggestions, i will see what i can do. :)

Here is a little Screenshot:

Ingthor
07-05-05, 14:44
Great work. Just i am searching for.

Xaru
07-05-05, 19:34
@mehirc: Looks great. One request. Can you repeat the save button after each item category, so you dont hav to scroll down the whole page?

Thanks
Xaru

Brammers
07-05-05, 22:51
Right, status on mine is it's 70% complete, couple of screenshots below.

- Coded for speed and efficiency.
- Parts can be added, save and viewed.
- Coloured coded pages so you can see at a glance what rares are complete, and which rares have parts missing.
- Users can now login and out. Registering also allows access to the Tech Haven Network forums as well. (The THN welcomes non-Fallen Angels runners as well!)
- And more to come, including Tricin style read only access.

If anyone wants access before I give out the URL publicly, please send me a PM, otherwise wait until tomorrow! :)

Sakletare
07-05-05, 23:26
Great work, Brammers. http://forum.neocron.com/images/rating/rating_5.gif

-FN-
08-05-05, 00:43
Great - one day we're freaking out because we'll have no raredb... now we have to choose which one to use :P

One suggestion - I have a "Preferences" Section in SXR's raredb which allows two things:

#1) The ability to assign a cabinet number to each rare. Kinda helps for organization purposes.

#2) A "Shared" toggle option - if it's on, there is a master listing that they will get added to. Members can view that, say "Hey, I need a CS HP, click on that, and see all the members who have one". If you have "Shared" turned off for that rare, it doesn't put it in the master list and you can continue hoarding those parts ;)

Just an idea. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Brammers
08-05-05, 01:59
Great - one day we're freaking out because we'll have no raredb... now we have to choose which one to use :P

One suggestion - I have a "Preferences" Section in SXR's raredb which allows two things:

#1) The ability to assign a cabinet number to each rare. Kinda helps for organization purposes.

#2) A "Shared" toggle option - if it's on, there is a master listing that they will get added to. Members can view that, say "Hey, I need a CS HP, click on that, and see all the members who have one". If you have "Shared" turned off for that rare, it doesn't put it in the master list and you can continue hoarding those parts ;)

Just an idea. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Thanks FN and Sakletare for your comments, and everyone else who has PM'ed me.

FN - some neat ideas there. :)

1) I was thinking something like that, since I have one cab for Rifles, another for Pistol's etc...How does everyone else work? Do they have groups of rares in each cab, or is it more fine grained? Like Drone parts and Thunderstorm in the junk cab, MC5's in another and Peacemaker, for (Say) FN's special cab collection?

2) Search and trading options is being planned for the THN Rares DB, it's the next thing on my list once I got the functionality and usability sorted out for the basic main functions.

naimex
08-05-05, 02:05
it´s sweet Brammers :)

Mucho love :)

mehirc
08-05-05, 03:25
@mehirc: Looks great. One request. Can you repeat the save button after each item category, so you dont hav to scroll down the whole page?

Thanks
Xaru

Thx for you comment. Yes i know the problem, but i guess more buttons will only confuse people and let them think they have to save every category. But i think about it, meanwhile i made an accesskey for the button, just use ALT+S. ;)

CMaster
08-05-05, 03:36
1) I was thinking something like that, since I have one cab for Rifles, another for Pistol's etc...How does everyone else work? Do they have groups of rares in each cab, or is it more fine grained? Like Drone parts and Thunderstorm in the junk cab, MC5's in another and Peacemaker, for (Say) FN's special cab collection?
1 APU
1 PPU
2 (stacked) Rifle
2 (stacked) Pistol
2 (stacked) Melee
2 (stacked) Heavy
2 (stacked) Unressed
1 MC5
1 Unressed MC5

eprodigy
08-05-05, 04:32
cab for each type (pistols and so on) cab for near completed or completed rares (0-1 left to need).

i usually throw away melee and drone parts

Brammers
08-05-05, 19:12
Ok after a lot of testing and adding some missing features, I have a working Rare DB. Thanks to everyone who tested and submitted bug reports. Some of the more eagled eyed forum readers would had spotted the URL in the above screenshots, and given the Rares DB a try. :cool:

Head to http://rares.techhaven.org

If you have an account on the forums at http://www.techhaven.org you can log in straight away! If you don't, click on register and fill in the registration form and wait for the registration email to activate the account.

I'll be now working on adding all the features that everyone has requested, first on the list is read only access.

Toxen
08-05-05, 21:35
ack! ATP slot for Judge is missing add asap :)

Brammers
08-05-05, 21:43
ack! ATP slot for Judge is missing add asap :)

It's added, sorry about that.

Tratos
08-05-05, 21:47
Any chance of adding a link to the rare db from the forum and visa ve, as in the blue bar that runs under the banner.

Toxen
08-05-05, 21:48
NP your damm fast, just refreshed while updating and noticed it added :)

Brammers
08-05-05, 22:01
Ok if anyone has forgotten their password head to

http://www.techhaven.org/forum/profile.php?mode=sendpassword

P.S. FN Your PM box is full.

Any chance of adding a link to the rare db from the forum and visa ve, as in the blue bar that runs under the banner.

That will be tomorrow's update. :) I've been working on this all weekend, I'm off too level for a bit!

aquacoder
09-05-05, 11:29
Ok after a lot of testing and adding some missing features, I have a working Rare DB. Thanks to everyone who tested and submitted bug reports. Some of the more eagled eyed forum readers would had spotted the URL in the above screenshots, and given the Rares DB a try. :cool:

Head to http://rares.techhaven.org

If you have an account on the forums at http://www.techhaven.org you can log in straight away! If you don't, click on register and fill in the registration form and wait for the registration email to activate the account.

I'll be now working on adding all the features that everyone has requested, first on the list is read only access.

Great Job !!!
Really fast and usefull solution. Respect :)

Just another thing.. is it possible to get our old data back ? It is not the bad code then.
Do anyone asked tricin about that ? And if it is possible... is it perhaps possible to have an import function in the new database as well ?

Brammers
09-05-05, 12:53
Great Job !!!
Really fast and usefull solution. Respect :)

Just another thing.. is it possible to get our old data back ? It is not the bad code then.
Do anyone asked tricin about that ? And if it is possible... is it perhaps possible to have an import function in the new database as well ?

That depends on Tricin. I've not talked to Tricin yet, I saw the DB was going then Naimex with copies of his response had me picking up the keyboard to write a new version. If Tricin will let me have the data, I can import it and add routines to copy the data over from the old system, as it's a safe bet that my database design is different! :)

I can add an import to the database, but I don't have a CSV file to work with as the export functionatly was broken. :/ If anyone has a CSV file and would like to send me a copy, please send it to brammers@techhaven.org and I'll see if it's possible to write a CSV importer.

Kuya
09-05-05, 13:04
It looks fresh brammers, hope its a stayer coz i might use it

[TgR]KILLER
09-05-05, 13:15
THN been around for a few years just as tricin.. and known brammers it will stay up for quite some time.

tricin wasn't updated in months so never started to use it for our own database hehe. cause i suspected it could go down any time.. and so it did.

Brammers
09-05-05, 13:27
It looks fresh brammers, hope its a stayer coz i might use it

It's going to stay for a long time. As Killer says, the Tech Haven Network has been around for nearly 2 years now. There is a planned server upgrade and relocation coming within the next month for the THN. I will try and keep the downtime down to a minimum, but I'll post what's going on here. Blame Pipex for that one, not me! :)

Kuya
09-05-05, 13:30
will the database be saved during that downtime? or do i have to make a loval copy?

[TgR]KILLER
09-05-05, 13:33
as the THN and everything on it will move to a new server everything will get backed up. users shouldn't notice anything exept a downtime :)

Brammers
09-05-05, 13:48
will the database be saved during that downtime? or do i have to make a loval copy?

Looks like Killer is the THN rep today. :)

Yes the database will be saved, you will not have to make a local copy. If I didn't save the databases, I would have 300+ Angry users from the THN and another 700+ anrgy Formula 1 fans from one of my other sites. :)

Brammers
09-05-05, 23:54

Ok, update I've written an email to Tricin.net and I'll see what he says about letting me have the data. I'll see what he says.

In the mean time, I've been working on the next update, and changing a few things in the background code to make my life a bit easier to add some new features. Hopefully I'll push out the next version sometime tomorrow or Wednesday on the live server.

As always, post questions etc here or on the sister thread on the THN at http://www.techhaven.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1613

-FN-
10-05-05, 00:47
*psssst... webring (http://nc.synergyxr.net/webring/)* ;)

Brammers
10-05-05, 21:33
Ok, update I've written an email to Tricin.net and I'll see what he says about letting me have the data. I'll see what he says.

I have some good news. Tricin agreed to let me have the data.

> So I'm asking would it be possible to have a copy of just the data?

Sure, I just made a quick transition to a new, better db-layout. You can
download a sql-dump at (URL removed)
I added a readme-file explaining all tables and attributes.

There is a downside, however. I can't give you the users email-adresses
because of federal data security law. Maybe you didn't knew it, I live
in Germany so local laws apply here and the BDSG (Bundesdatenschutz
Gesetzt) is really strict.

Nevertheless I think the rarepart-data of all 2381 users will help your
database a lot. :)

Please drop me a line if you've downloaded the file so i can remove it
from my server. I hope your database will be as successful as mine was.

I'll start work on a import routine...

Brammers
10-05-05, 22:22
1. There is some data missing, not sure why. Hopefully Tricin will have an idea. (There is rares like Slasher, Terminator, and more not present in the data)

2. Anyone know what the NC2/English names of these items are?

Crahn Holy Protection Aura
Crahn Protection Aura

-FN-
10-05-05, 22:45
I believe they are:

Holy Catharsis Sanctum
Holy Catharsis

Brammers
10-05-05, 23:40
I believe they are:

Holy Catharsis Sanctum
Holy Catharsis

Could be...could be, or something from the very early days of NC1?

Anyway, I've just got an updated database, and it's looks a lot more complete now.

Brammers
12-05-05, 21:16
Version 0.9 has just been released! Most of the work is behind the scenes, but there are two new major features. There is a change log (http://rares.techhaven.org/changes.php) for the detailed list of changes. Here are the big changes.

- Added "To build" column on my page, so you can see how many that needs building.
- Added "Import data from Tricin Rares Database"

How to get the data from the Tricin Rares Database into the THN Rares Database.

1. Login or Register at the THN Rares Database http://rares.techhaven.org
2. Click on "Import and Export Data"
3. Enter your Tricin Username and Password. (You need the full rights password)
4. Select the server you want to import from.
5. Select the NC2 server you want to copy to.
6. Click on "Start Import"
7. On the next page you will be able to preview the data that came from the Tricin Database. If you are happy, click on "Import data"
8. Vola! You now have a copy of the Tricin data in the THN rares database for you to use. Remember that any data you have in the destination server will be overwritten!

A couple of things about the Tricin data

Tricin took a lot of effort to provide the data to me, and I would like to thank him for all his efforts. He had to remove the email addresses from the data, as this is a legal requirement in his country. However this mean the only data I have is the username and encrypted MD5 passwords. (And also the rares data as well!) This means I am not able to provide a password recovery option. If you have lost your password, sorry I am not able to recover it or reset it, even if you know the username.

Any questions, or bugs please post them here.