PDA

View Full Version : [KK] Monthly Newsletter?

-FN-
29-04-05, 20:45
I was thinking the other day (yeah, I know, bad idea) - I was checking my email and I got an email from duplex regarding the status/progress of Face of Mankind. It was smart reminder sent out that made me go back to their webpage, log in, read the forums, and see if there was anything geniunely interesting that might make me want to reinstall it. There wasn't, but the initial point remains - they got an ex-player to go back and give the game another chance, even if it was just for the lifetime of my forum session.

A few days later I got an email from Planetwidegames regarding Risk Your Life. I have a paid account there until August (couldn't pass up 7 months for $35 ;)) but haven't touched the account since I renewed my NC account. But again, I went back, read the forums, saw some cool stuff. Logged in and ran around. Fantasy isn't my thing really, but again, the newsletter made me go back.

I'd like to suggest to KK that you utilize the email addresses you have with all the player accounts, active and expired, and send out a really sexy newsletter with a few screenshots (the Art Department's Theme Week images maybe?) and juicy tidbits on what's been updated lately... I don't think it's all that smart to rely solely on NEW players and their retention rate when you could probably get a ton of players back just by sending them an email about a game they may have long forgotten...

In summary. Newsletters are good. Add an option to unsubscribe on cp.neocron.com and start emailing :D International Release is around the corner - time to step-up the professionalism ;)

PS

I used to get the Email version of Neocronicle a year or two ago - I'm not talking an RP-newsletter, I mean a "what's up with the game" newsletter.

aKe`cj
29-04-05, 20:58
nicely put: I agree 100% http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

Jaxx.
29-04-05, 21:42
Great idea !

KK just need now to have something to show and write every month. Hard job. :p

Tidus_Origin
29-04-05, 21:44
I was thinking the other day (yeah, I know, bad idea) - I was checking my email and I got an email from duplex regarding the status/progress of Face of Mankind. It was smart reminder sent out that made me go back to their webpage, log in, read the forums, and see if there was anything geniunely interesting that might make me want to reinstall it. There wasn't, but the initial point remains - they got an ex-player to go back and give the game another chance, even if it was just for the lifetime of my forum session.

A few days later I got an email from Planetwidegames regarding Risk Your Life. I have a paid account there until August (couldn't pass up 7 months for $35 ;)) but haven't touched the account since I renewed my NC account. But again, I went back, read the forums, saw some cool stuff. Logged in and ran around. Fantasy isn't my thing really, but again, the newsletter made me go back.

I'd like to suggest to KK that you utilize the email addresses you have with all the player accounts, active and expired, and send out a really sexy newsletter with a few screenshots (the Art Department's Theme Week images maybe?) and juicy tidbits on what's been updated lately... I don't think it's all that smart to rely solely on NEW players and their retention rate when you could probably get a ton of players back just by sending them an email about a game they may have long forgotten...

In summary. Newsletters are good. Add an option to unsubscribe on cp.neocron.com and start emailing :D International Release is around the corner - time to step-up the professionalism ;)

PS

I used to get the Email version of Neocronicle a year or two ago - I'm not talking an RP-newsletter, I mean a "what's up with the game" newsletter.

Great idea, FN. (5*)

LiL T
29-04-05, 22:31
Agreed 100% I got that newsletter from duplex also and it got me downloading it to see what had changed, it is a nice game tbh but its not neocron :)

Maester Seymour
29-04-05, 22:33
Great idea, 5* from me too. :)

Heavyporker
30-04-05, 01:54
Very, very good idea.

[TgR]KILLER
30-04-05, 02:24
yea actually a good idea 5 stars from me!

Obsidian X
30-04-05, 02:32
Fantastic idea, 5 stars. Nuff said.

Scanner Darkly
30-04-05, 02:39
I fully support this idea, voted robocup!

Digital-Talios
02-05-05, 16:08
With all of these good responses im surprised a GM or a rep hasnt responded

FaveriN
02-05-05, 16:15
Lovely suggestion. 5 stars.

Nidhogg
02-05-05, 20:21
We discussed a mailshot in January/February time to coincide with the international release. As far as I know it's still on the cards.

N

dark_reaper
02-05-05, 20:27
excellent Idea. *****