PDA

View Full Version : This why the crossbow was wiped?

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 14:24
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1800739#post1800739

Interesting.

(I have no idea what is being said in the thread, could be a hoax)

nobby
29-04-05, 14:25
yeah, just saw that too...

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 14:28
Everybody knows why the xbows were wiped they were more common than 3 slot heals.

Terkantia
29-04-05, 15:11
Well, sure.

Being an American who hasn't had the luxury of being exposed to european dialects and languageds, I ahve NO clue what that post was about.

anyone care to either a, translate to spanish/spanglish or jsut short and sweet it in english plz?

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 15:15
Basicaly what the guy claims is that the ion xbow is now a WOC DEX 1 item.
I doubt many people have achieved that yet, due to the constant need to lom to patched changes etc.

Terkantia
29-04-05, 15:23
I thought the xobw was fixed? I know they wiped, but as I understood from patch notes they fixed the mission?

Ahh, its a bit early to be thinkin thois hard, ima get more coffee . . .

o_O

[TgR]KILLER
29-04-05, 19:51
if they were a WOC item why is there a Xbow mission ? lol he's talking shit tbh :)

and bugs is right.. even after the npc's were blocked the numbers of xbows kept going up by the hunderds.. kk should remove npc's when they want people not doing the missions. not blocking them..

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 19:55
KK has never stated that the WoC NPCs are the ones that deal out the WoC reqed items. Even if they do hand out the normal ones, it's perfectly possible that there are other runn based items to get.

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 19:57
KILLER']if they were a WOC item why is there a Xbow mission ? lol he's talking shit tbh

Why would someone go to the trouble of forging a screenshot like that? Theres absolutely nothing to gain from the person in question by lying about it. Anyway, we'll see when someone on Terra does the run and posts their findings.

-FN-
29-04-05, 20:02
It's 100% real. I finished the Ion Crossbow quest last night with Freaky's help - I pushed myself a few extra hours because I wanted to get this damn gun for my Pistol Spy so bad... only to find I couldn't use it yet.

Ceres Labs are still closed aren't they... so I can't even get WoC DEX Level 1 to use the gun in my GoGo :(

Kozmos
29-04-05, 20:04
It's 100% real. I finished the Ion Crossbow quest last night with Freaky's help - I pushed myself a few extra hours because I wanted to get this damn gun for my Pistol Spy so bad... only to find I couldn't use it yet.

Ceres Labs are still closed aren't they... so I can't even get WoC DEX Level 1 to use the gun in my GoGo :(
Get a disk, get the XP from anywhere and you can get the WoC level.

Theres still the ceres mines aswell.

CMaster
29-04-05, 20:11
Yeah - ceres biogen are still shut. Ceres biomech are still open (and alwyas have been)

CMaster
30-04-05, 04:01
Second Confirmation.

eprodigy
30-04-05, 07:35
wait if this is true, doesnt this kinda overpower a woc 1 pe ? you dont even need TC anymore just the woc 1... that would be sexy... a low tech speed/resist pe with an xbow....

Kozmos
30-04-05, 08:46
wait if this is true, doesnt this kinda overpower a woc 1 pe ? you dont even need TC anymore just the woc 1... that would be sexy... a low tech speed/resist pe with an xbow....
yea in maybe 2009 when the PE gets to DEX WoC 1...

Bugs Gunny
30-04-05, 10:16

LOL... so true :-)

Skusty
30-04-05, 11:24
Nerf the Xbow plz :mad: If its dex woc 1 u can have all in agility then use nib stealth then pow pow in ya back and youre dead :mad:

But i like that theXbows were wiped :D :D :D :D

mulle
30-04-05, 11:42
Nerf the Xbow plz :mad: If its dex woc 1 u can have all in agility then use nib stealth then pow pow in ya back and youre dead :mad:

But i like that theXbows were wiped :D :D :D :D
Uhmm.....yea....all in agi.....i wonder what stats you'll get on the xbow then.....60% dmg maybe?....wauw....

nabbl
30-04-05, 12:02
no itll be a PE with WOC dex 1 , xbow, tl 10 heal , stealth , shelter :)

Original monk
30-04-05, 12:56
i was in the cerescave, the one with the y replicantlike things shooting you with ravs (who been heavily nerfed compared to prepatch btw) .. cleared the whole 2nd level area yesterday with a mate but got nothing, rien, nada, zero .. when i cleared that ravagercave prepatch i got nothing either btw .. probably these wocdisks drop but then its indeed rare :) can someone 100% confirm me they drop in that cave so atleast im not clearing it for nothing :)

doy3 tunnels would of been more intresting then, lately they drop an ultima every cave where previous to the patch i got an ultima every 2 caves sumtimes even 3 caves lol

landofcake
30-04-05, 13:14
Sigh ...

Way to shaft PE's.

CMaster
30-04-05, 13:17
Exactly. PEs don't acheive WoC - their xp gain is wayyy to slow. Might as well have slappeed a "spy only" req on it.

Dribble Joy
30-04-05, 15:00
I think that Xantor got a PE to WoC, well he said he did anyway, and I have got DJ at 62 mill xp just by killing WBs. I'm sure it can be done.

What they need to do is rework the xp rate of PEs (and probably the other classes), curently they take far to quick to reach cap, but as that cap is so much lower the lower xp rate means that WoC is a daft idea.

The amount of xp needed to reach WoC should be based on the total amount of xp at that skill's cap, so everyone would reach it with equal effort.

Going by the current 160+100 model of the 100 main stat skills, PE dex WoC would come at 24 + 16 mill xp.

PE xp gain would have to be nerfed quite heavily though.

=REMUS=
30-04-05, 15:22
imagine a tank con or monk int WOC o_O

SirRah
30-04-05, 15:48

Getting WoC in INT as a monk is not too hard compared to a PE in DEX. A mate got enough XP in INT for WoC 2.

i was in the cerescave, the one with the y replicantlike things shooting you with ravs (who been heavily nerfed compared to prepatch btw) .. cleared the whole 2nd level area yesterday with a mate but got nothing, rien, nada, zero .. when i cleared that ravagercave prepatch i got nothing either btw .. probably these wocdisks drop but then its indeed rare :) can someone 100% confirm me they drop in that cave so atleast im not clearing it for nothing :)

doy3 tunnels would of been more intresting then, lately they drop an ultima every cave where previous to the patch i got an ultima every 2 caves sumtimes even 3 caves lol

The discs do drop in the Ceres Biomechanical Labs.
I've been in the DoY tunnels yesterday and cleared a few tunnel 3's though we only found illegal slotenhancers. I dunno if it was just our bad luck but we also only found 4 rare parts down there.

Dribble Joy
30-04-05, 16:02
I am a tad worried about the lack of other reqs on it, if it stays like this then it will be exactly what we didn't want from WoC.

Neoray
30-04-05, 16:42
Hmm, when I remember it right, then there is no CON WoC at all. Tanks only got STR afaik.

When this takes till 2009, how long will it take to get my H-C PE to WoC STR 1?^^

CMaster
30-04-05, 17:13
I am a tad worried about the lack of other reqs on it, if it stays like this then it will be exactly what we didn't want from WoC.
Agreed. If by some freak a PE did get dex WoC, I have visions of a high PC high agil no tech, PPR/MOVEON/NCPD/Target 3/reqless stealth PE... Using blessed def and BR3/HEAT/Haz and a gaya glove...

bulwerk
30-04-05, 21:02
what is WoC?

Maester Seymour
30-04-05, 21:13
what is WoC?
WoC = Wisdom of Ceres skills.

Skills that capped people can train in order to use special weapons/tools, by gaining exp past the normal cap.

Phoboz
30-04-05, 23:32
hi ho my post was (hope this helps)
omg look at this... the first WOC Item was found yesterday
i think its not so cool that the crossbow is a woc item now
cause i thoung i cant do the woc run atm (but i heard you can)

and the run is realy cool with a sexy barkeeper
http://phoboz.cybton.com/Bad/screens/nc2/crossbow.JPG

CMaster
30-04-05, 23:48
Yes, I must say the run is excellent, and good fun to do, evenif the reward isnt all that.