PDA

View Full Version : Is Item tracking in or out???

Terkantia
29-04-05, 06:00
I've read through some of the threads fmr today and cannot find any official reference to it's inclusion.

Anyone got a link or sumthing plz??

Yelly
29-04-05, 10:11
I got no link but I think they said it was on right track
and is supposed to be implemented when international
release is here.

Capt. Rik
29-04-05, 10:42
At this immediate point in time... NO :mad:

eLcHi
29-04-05, 13:08
If I were KK i`d introduced Item Tracking with patch 130, not tell anyone that it`s in till Int-Release is in stores and now collect data on all the dupers/exploiters ... :)

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 13:14
Wouldn't that be nice:

Itemnr 18562 ion xbow, user Eva Exploitz create date 27/04/05 12:11:25
Itemnr 18567 ion xbow, user Eva Exploitz create date 27/04/05 12:11:28
Itemnr 18569 ion xbow, user Eva Exploitz create date 27/04/05 12:11:34
Itemnr 18574 ion xbow, user Eva Exploitz create date 27/04/05 12:11:39
Itemnr 18581 ion xbow, user Eva Exploitz create date 27/04/05 12:11:45

Or this:

Itemnr 18235 (5 slot weapon), user Eva Exploitz create date 21/04/05 12:11:25
Itemnr 18235 (5 slot weapon), user Eva Exploitz create date 25/04/05 12:12:12
Itemnr 18235 (5 slot weapon), user Eva Exploitz create date 25/04/05 12:12:49
Itemnr 18235 (5 slot weapon), user Eva Exploitz create date 25/04/05 12:13:08
Itemnr 18235 (5 slot weapon), user Eva Exploitz create date 25/04/05 12:13:36

dem0n
29-04-05, 13:15
check the official reakktor posts. as far as I can recall, they've said that theyr working on the international release with 100% capacity, which doesn't leave them with enough time to work on item tracking, and that it's a very important feature for NC2 and that they'll finish it when they have enough time to come around to it.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:36
well soon find out in a week or 2 if a mass of cheating scum get banned ;)

look at some of the exploits they now track instead of fixing only to ban users (and they dont know how to fix lol but meh)

Terkantia
29-04-05, 15:07
well soon find out in a week or 2 if a mass of cheating scum get banned ;)

look at some of the exploits they now track instead of fixing only to ban users (and they dont know how to fix lol but meh)

See, thats kinda what I was thinkin about. You certainly don't let someone know they are being surveilled and tailed. Ya jsut do it and then get the warrants and such and bring the pain.

With as much as it was discussed (by both us and KK) in the months leading to this, I believe that item tracking is indeed in and that the logging is continueing. I'd really like to think that a time is quickly approuching where ppl can get items returned that get bugged out and that duppers/|-|4x0R5 git their balls cut.

ZoVoS
02-05-05, 23:58
i also hope that if a tickets put in about clan apps having there stuf going missing, and items are tracked to a cab theft not a bug, that kk can tell the leader on the quiet who it is so they can gank em over and over and over at a unsuspecting time :P

or log there characters and delete =) since everyody shares acounts

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 00:03
i also hope that if a tickets put in about clan apps having there stuf going missing, and items are tracked to a cab theft not a bug, that kk can tell the leader on the quiet who it is so they can gank em over and over and over at a unsuspecting time :P

or log there characters and delete =) since everyody shares acounts

erm...

people who do that are low...

its a sad sad tactic...

but its not against rules to join a clan and rob it.

if a gm started doing things like this then that gm would be abusing his power.

its a nasty world out there. i hope if / when it gets ingame it catches anyone duping etc, but i hope it doesnt get abused itself

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 00:14
like i said, jus cos it isnt against the rules to join a clan and rob there stuf, doesnt mean kk couldnt have a quite word in our ear who robbed our stuf so we could click a little X near there character name on the launcher ^_^

but then i do think stuf should only be replaced if it disapiears from game =) but whos to say how item tracking will work, items could disapear from database when salvaged so u could salvage a whole apt worth of keys and say they disapeared,

untill we know actualy how it works, we wont know what can be retrived and what cant, i my self like the NO REPLACEING STUF rule, but its a bitch when sumin goes wrong, like u lose ur cab of "Gat mk3 turrets"

Nidhogg
03-05-05, 00:52
We would never interfere. We certainly wouldn't inform and any GM who did would be saying bye to their job. ;)

I'll try and find out the exact status of item tracking but until then the official line is unchanged; it will come in the international release.

N

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 03:25
even if we offered u a few real life credits :P

ahh the souls of men all have a price, =)

Dribble Joy
03-05-05, 03:48
I know it's probably entirely out of KK's hands by now, but any word about the release from 10T/Atari.

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 08:40
I know it's probably entirely out of KK's hands by now, but any word about the release from 10T/Atari.

i think they steer well clear of these boards.

Dribble Joy
03-05-05, 11:46
I mean Nid/kk person asking them and then telling us.

Kaldera
03-05-05, 11:53
We would never interfere. We certainly wouldn't inform and any GM who did would be saying bye to their job. ;)

I'll try and find out the exact status of item tracking but until then the official line is unchanged; it will come in the international release.

N

In the Next 5 years!

Original monk
03-05-05, 11:56
but its a bitch when sumin goes wrong, like u lose ur cab of "Gat mk3 turrets"

i would like to buy 1 bp please cause these baby's arent for sale or i didnt found em yet ... or did they add em again with the new patch ?

ow and:

ahh the souls of men all have a price, =)

not mine :)

(sold my soul long time ago for 2 bottles of coca cola, daamn it was hot that day :D )

ZoVoS
03-05-05, 19:31
i was led to belive my gat turrets (why i have them, im un clanned lmao) came from a fsm or a database or sumin special, give me 20 mins and ill role a hacker for every fraction until i find who owns em

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 00:00
i would like to buy 1 bp please cause these baby's arent for sale or i didnt found em yet ... or did they add em again with the new patch ?

only seen em in one clans ops...

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 15:22
lol and we all wonder who that is :D

same clan whos been using em for years and prolly still has a stack of 50+ from what i remember of the clan apt ages ago in nc1 :P

Terkantia
04-05-05, 15:36
We're off topic with this, but I had a very interesting and conflicting conversation IG with someone about the Mark 3's and such. Quite funny how jumbled the story was . . .

If memory serves, they also apeared at yet another OP, owned by the clan in question.

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 15:37
bah sumbody just rob one of em and bp it

Street
04-05-05, 15:40
the Gat turrets u get from the DRE fsm or Data base dont u? thats what i thought. U can also get the electric tempest from the database but its called the "Burgler Toaster" lol :lol: :lol:

Original monk
04-05-05, 15:45

same clan whos been using em for years and prolly still has a stack of 50+ from what i remember of the clan apt ages ago in nc1 :P

im sure you cant find em at an fsm/database :/ i doubt people took em with em when comming to NC2 :)

i was online when the gatlingturret3 story got discussed over ooc ... sumthing about bugged turrets in the UG wich got replaced by a GM ... is it possible said clan removed the turrets again and BPed em ? no idea and not my business ...

but if these turrets where brought ingame, they should be available to everyone .. true a database .. fsm .. store or whatever ..

btw there the only good turrets ingame ... togheter with stuns ..

if you have em then PLEASE get me a bp :) ffcourse i pay for the trouble :)

edit: DRE database only has the tempest and stunturrets, CM database has some vehiculelaunchers etc ... i know that for a 100% cause i lommed my repper full hacker to get acces to them ... you can understand my dissapointment when i noticed these turrets wherent ingame ... until i heard the story about replaced turrets on ooc ffcourse :)

edit2: zovos can you get me one ? :D PWEASE, lemme know youre ingame name orso :) im online the next couple of days, im on a holliday :)

Bugs Gunny
04-05-05, 16:25
the Gat turrets u get from the DRE fsm or Data base dont u? thats what i thought. U can also get the electric tempest from the database but its called the "Burgler Toaster" lol :lol: :lol:

Street, that's the stuntraps. You should check it better before you post this info.

As for that ooc discussion it was indeed quite confusing. the story changed a lot when people started complaining about things being unfair.
It started with a gm giving them turrets. Then it was a gm giving them turrets for replacing lost ones. Then it changed into a gm placed the turrets so we couldn't bp them.

Whichever of those 3 versions was the truth, i still think replacing a markI with a markIII is giving a certain clan an unfair advantage.
Especialy if they got the turrets themselves. Only an IDIOT would not bp them right away.

At one point it was said they were CM FSM or database items. None were found there, so maybe KK should "fix" this and make them obtainable somewhere. (and change the existing turrets and bp's into mily rens)

Original monk
04-05-05, 16:54
this isnt the first time that its been asked, i also never heard any official response .. i do know that anyone who has em and has an op has an advantage over the rest cause there's nothing better then those gatling 3's ...

and nope's they arent obtainable at ANY way ingame .. unless you got a bp of the clan with the replaced turrets ... (i dunno the real story, only what i read that night on ooc ... but if 1 person has em then everyone should be able to acces em, or its like a siege on a castle with the attacking army using bows/axes/swords and the defending army using laserguided missiles and sateliteguided artillery ...)

i also want one of those MK3 gatlinturrets :)

Jesterthegreat
04-05-05, 20:54

them being able to have access to the 50 they had in nc1 doesnt make it any better...

ZoVoS
04-05-05, 21:35
duno if anybody carried em over, if they did only carry one though ur fuked cos ur not gona get any,

sumbody needs to go espianage and steal one turret :P

btw i had shit loads of them early this week, and they all disapierd from my apt, how i have no idea, but now realising there so dam rare i must have lost alot of cash when they went bye bye

-=edit=- but im sure sumbody told me there in a fsm database, tonight if i can finsih my dam flash anim im gona rerole a hacker of every fraction until i find with database there in, IF there in