PDA

View Full Version : problems since patch

THE_TICK!!!!
29-04-05, 02:55
after the patch a buddy of mine cannot move or anything without his neocron client crashing to desktop with a client.exe error report. he has reinstalled and everything but cant figure it out. any suggestions ? it has only happend after this patch. he is running windows 2000 if he just stands around in neocron nothing happens, but if he moves or types anything he is screwed.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 03:01
This sounds vaguely familiar, something about keyboard stuff in another program/bunch of settings.

Kozmos
29-04-05, 04:06
Select disable direct input in vent/TS see if that helps

Terkantia
29-04-05, 05:56
For some reason, I'mn thinkin video drivers. It may be an input thing, but couyld vbery well be video related too.

Maybe a driver update? Also saw alto solo (i think . . .) talk about firewall settings in regard to client.exe and verifying the firewalss settings in regards to that file and other NC2 specific files . . .

Ho0e ya get it fixed, cuz no NC is a drag tbh

kane
29-04-05, 08:02
I careless as this not posted in right spot!

athon
29-04-05, 09:23
There was a known bug with TeamSpeak at one point, but this was fixed long ago (and IIRC it was a bug with TeamSpeak, not Neocron and affected other games too). The basic premise of the bug was that with numlock on, if you tried to use the arrow keys or number pad it would cause the game to crash.

Athon Solo

Bozz-Von Mel
29-04-05, 18:16
It had nothing to do with TS, video drivers or anything like that. Get this I have had this wireless keyboard and mouse for 9 months. I never installed the software and it worked fine up till yesterday. After the patch, things went ape shit. I installed my keyboard software and now it works fine. Very strange.

SovKhan
29-04-05, 18:19
very strange indeed. however thats not really a bug with NC. dev's cant be responseable for out of date hardware drivers and really dont consider that when putting out a patch.