PDA

View Full Version : The Requirementless Stealth Thread

-FN-
29-04-05, 02:30
Since I'm sure this one specific item is going to be a big debate for the community in the next few days, I thought I'd start things off with a poll.

Personally, I've always felt PEs should have retained at least Stealth I, but this 8-10 second stealth is perfect. They're the Jack of All Trades and should have the ability to dip their hands in the lowest level "good" stuff from each skill/profession. I'm in favor of short Stealth and Melee/Heavy PA level 1 for PEs.

Anyway, how does this No-Req Stealth seem to you guys? If you vote - please post the reasoning behind it!

I voted " I like it. But it should get this change..." - Not sure how, but I really think it would be better for Spies & PEs only.

Also, on the topic of everyone calling Stealth the "Auto-LE Mode":

- Truesight Sanctum.
- Damageboost Sanctum.
- Area-of Effect Cannons.
- APU Multi-spells and Barrels.
- PPU Parashock Barrels.
- Rayguns.
- 1 Stack of Poison
- 1 Damage Boost
- 1 Para

*shrug* I'm sure there are others. Does melee work on stealthers? And they can't hurt you when they are stealthed, you can use the same time to heal, rebuff, etc. It's really only a strategic advantage for positioning if you think about it...

PS
Mods, please only merge threads regarding the stealth tool if you feel the need to do so. Other items courtesy of Mr. Jones aren't this thread's topic.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 02:37
I have nothing against stealth as an item/ability, and nothing against most classes using it, however it's implementation and effects (all stealths) is a serious issue. Clearly giving everyone in the game this ability is going to cause serious problems, especially APUs/Melee.

I generally fail to see the use of a stealth tool as a n00b item as opposed to the katana or the sniper rifle. Unless stealth is given a distract mind effect, then it don't know why it's in there.

Inchenzo
29-04-05, 02:42
it just opens up alot of possibilities, and helps against genrep camping :)

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 02:42
I was wondering how long it would be before this became Neocron's newest hot potato. I've not voted yet as I'm undecided, but I can see why this tool has no reqs:

Its a newbie tool for newbie missions. You can't stick a DEX or INT requirement on it becuase it defeats its purpose as a noob item. You can't stick a class restriction on it becuase PEs are just as much "Inflitrators" as Spies are. Ergo, theres no fair way to restrict this tool. I don't think the engine allows restriction based on Profession either, and even if it did that would be unfair to the lommers among us. I don't think KK intended the new stealth tool to be available to all, but there was no way to restrict it fairly it seems. KK have unintentionally created a monster, and we'll see in the coming weeks how nasty this monster really is.

All I'm saying is I've already accquired Stealth tools for my APU and my Melee tank - hey, not saying I agree with it, but why miss out on the chance to be godlike? :angel:

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 02:55
bah should last longer but take long time to kick in, then it would be usefull for infultrating, but not bing, and out of there,

and if thats done keep it for everybody

Dykie
29-04-05, 03:05
Make it PE or SPY only.
simple as f@ck.

eprodigy
29-04-05, 03:09
make the noobie items not work after lvl /30 or something ?

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 03:11
My guess is that it isn't possible to have 2 class restrictions on an item, hence why it isn't so. As for making it /30, that might be possible. I suppose a Dev would have to comment on that, as noone else knows the engine limitations regarding item restrictions.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 03:12
erm then teh ppl will cry cos there new pritty heal isnt working anymore (i for one will be erm,,, one)

and why only make em pe and spy, u may aswell make em subclass and fook the ppl who are reroling, it would be set so that all can use but it dosnt work as a conventional stealth, it would be a great adition to the game, u get the suprise of stealthing in, but removes the auto le side ppl are complaining about

-=edit=- even better nurf stealth so that it turns the player mesh to 0%alpha (or 100 i forget wich) so the person is still totaly targetable but unseeable

Nvidia
29-04-05, 03:34
I just saw this on Alliance chat...

"k well I just had a half hour stealth fight with two tanks"

Spies and PEs, maybe - Tanks and monks, they have absolutely no reason to need it. And I agree that it should stop working after rank 30, or perhaps when you're unable to ask Mr. Jones for a mission (I think the patch notes said that was 25 or 30, right?)

Inchenzo
29-04-05, 03:40
I just saw this on Alliance chat...

"k well I just had a half hour stealth fight with two tanks"

to be honest, that was hardly half an hour, it was more like 10 minutes. I know cos i was there. Life is hard as a hybrid stealth whoring tank :angel:

But it was fun :)

As i said earlier, things got interesting with this new patch, KK totally blew balance out of the window with this new patch, and i like it.

Tanks have very good standing chance against hybrids and sorts.

Odin
29-04-05, 03:48
There was some discussion late last week about this. I'll see what I can do to poke people about what's going on with it and whether it was a mistake that got through testing last week.

THE_TICK!!!!
29-04-05, 04:22
BLEH i dont think there is anything wrong with it, hell you guys are bitchin allready and havent even used the fuckin thing or see it in use..your basing your opinions on maybes and whatifs , bunch of OMG i might die help me nerf nerf, you need to stfu and stf down

eprodigy
29-04-05, 04:28
yeah ffs balance is for losers! i think they need to add a 5th class called "uberleet" that caps all skills at 200 and has godmode enabled and make uber rares just for it!!

Infinite
29-04-05, 04:37
Shouldnt be able to use it about /40

ArthurDent2k
29-04-05, 05:25
I am pro Stealth for all...to be honest 10 Secs isn't that much and when you get out of Stealth you'll need Time to activate your Weapon/Spell...it's just fine for dealing a surprise to GR Campers i guess :lol:

Terkantia
29-04-05, 05:48
Yeah, this is probably the bain of FF's ganking at DRT. They will ahve to work for kills now when they camp it. . .

8|

System
29-04-05, 05:50
How about, lets give it a week or two and see what happens... It might work out and it might not. I mean fuck its only what 8 seconds. That isn't shit. That would be good for GRing to places and shit like that, other then that no one is going to get away before they die with this tool. SO lets stop the bitching get yourself a damn tool and use the fucker for a week. Then give your opinions

-- System --

eprodigy
29-04-05, 06:33
we dont have much of a choice but to wait at least "a week or two" as I doubt they'll fix it before they patch again ;)

i still say, i very much doubt their intentions with this was to introduce stealth all classes... or even back to PE's... either they didnt think it through (that people would use it like this ;)) or they missed a bug. If it works it works, but I'm thinking it's unintentional.

now the Tl10 heal, i could probably live with that ;) got a 5 slot one my pe now that i cap freq and dmg is like 479% so ill have to try it :)

msdong
29-04-05, 06:51
It should be Spy + PE only. it is a cool idea and makes noobs special. if it get a maximum level to use it can be free for all classes.

Xylaz
29-04-05, 09:38
Can someone check pls if it has droppable status or is it non drop item, epic like?

If its droppable, i will need at least 10 of em :p

TWOK
29-04-05, 09:45
I can't believe some people are actually supporting this, give it a week when everyone is whoring it and the novelty wears off...lets see how their tune changes :rolleyes:

nobby
29-04-05, 09:50
Ok mate, delete this thread, DO NOT think about making threads like this!
They add a new- more fun element to the game and you just want it removed? When KK see threads like this they'll just change it...

KEEP THE STEALTH HOW IT IS! :mad:

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 09:53
You wanna see some overpowered shit?

I'll let my ppu hybrid use it. He CAN hit stealthed people with his spells and if he gets in trouble himself i just heal and stealth.
I CAN track stealthers with the db or poison or SC.
And he hacks too. I'll be harvesting belts like there's no tomorrow.

I can't believe you guys. A spy has to totaly tune his setup to use stealth III, and now you are giving stealth to everyone?

nobby
29-04-05, 09:55
Times change, technology gets better....Nuff said!

Xylaz
29-04-05, 10:02
new era of overpowered monks begins :p

ah, and i was told that ALL those noobie quest items have non drop (epic like) status...

Original monk
29-04-05, 10:10
look at this post .. suggestion if spy's should be able to use stealth on other or not, the base-idea stays the same .. should nonspy chars be able to stealth ... especially look at the pollresults ... it seems people dont like the idea of a stealthing apu/tank/hybrid etc ...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=124123

i dont mind it tough, see how it works out and if its going back in the direction of the stealthwhoring PE's we used to know in NC1 then they can put restrictions on it :) i think its great KK are taking some risk to see whats happening and to create new options ingame

PHEAR MY STEALTHING MONKS :p

athon
29-04-05, 10:15
Requirements: Either Spy Only or only works until level /40

Why? PE's proved they couldn't have stealth 1 alone without stealth whoring last time around - it's be 10 times as bad if everyone is doing that - at any level!

IMO KK is verging on handing too much on a plate to newbies. Sure a good introduction to the game (ie. newbie MC5 and a short period after they leave MC5) is essential, but after that people who have come into the game will have started to make friends and possibly joined a clan who can help them out further.

Athon Solo

Comie
29-04-05, 10:21
PE's and Spys only,

like FN said, the JoaT's should be able to use LVL 1 of everything... as long as they meet the requirements of them, monks and tanks?? no thanks, monk o cron is a PITA as it is.

And dont get me started about stealthing melee tanks

mulle
29-04-05, 10:42
Funny thing is these rewards are meant for new players, yet they'll probably be used 100x as much by high lvls. I sure hope they put some sort of restriction on it or else this will become stealth o'cron

Siygess
29-04-05, 11:07
I reckon restricting the items by prof. is the best way to go about it.. of course, it means even the high level characters can only use one of the items :)

Xeno LARD
29-04-05, 11:09
It should only be useable below /40, its a newbie quest item.
I really don't want more stealth whores.

Sakletare
29-04-05, 11:18
It should only be useable below /40, its a newbie quest item.
Make it /30, like the LE.

Ultazha
29-04-05, 11:19
It's just illogical. "classic" stealth is a spy only item, so newbie stealth MUST be a spy only item.

What's the interest to a monk to stealth as a noobie if he cannot use higher level tools ?

BTW the idea of restricting the new noobies items to a max general level is great. I would say 20-30 AND LE kept on.

LiL T
29-04-05, 12:29
Requirements: Either Spy Only or only works until level /40

Why? PE's proved they couldn't have stealth 1 alone without stealth whoring last time around - it's be 10 times as bad if everyone is doing that - at any level!

IMO KK is verging on handing too much on a plate to newbies. Sure a good introduction to the game (ie. newbie MC5 and a short period after they leave MC5) is essential, but after that people who have come into the game will have started to make friends and possibly joined a clan who can help them out further.

Athon Solo sorry but spys are just as bad and don't give me the crap that a spy is weak, a PE could use this during op wars to great use. Imo PE's should still have access to stealth lvl one, this new stealth aka noob stealth seems pretty short I think 5 seconds if that. I have not tryed it my self yet but I saw some tanks and a monk using it and it really did not last that long to ever be abused.

The PE is the only class that is average in all areas he can use H-C R-C P-C can hack and drive and can even use some PPU. But he can't do any of them as good as the other classes, so he should be able to use that noob stealth. Not as good as a SPY's stealth but still he would have access to it, its how it should be tbh.

My suggestion would be to make the stealth take longer to activate much longer for a PE only, but the spy could be unaffected and stealth at will. Since this is what spys are good at

nobby
29-04-05, 12:35
leave the Noobie stealth!

It sounds great!
now everyone can finally escape from an apu with his Holy Lightning! :p
Nothing wrong with monks having it !
Or Tanks. Or even PE's...
If everyone has it, doesn't make the game more balanced?
Leave it how it is for a month and then see about if it needs changing !

Vae Victis
29-04-05, 12:36
Make it PE or SPY only.
simple as f@ck.

ya fuck it.
u make a char to get the stealth, reroll it, get another stealth, etc etc.
and.. ur going to raid p1/p2 and then, after a big fight, the PPU is the only one left alive.. what does he do? right.. stealths..
FUCK that,

make it PE/Spy only or make it so that higher than lvl 30 cant use the stealth, the LE idea kinda..

KK why dont you guys fix on the more important things, like fixing the outfitter, in stead of giving every class a stealth THEY DONT EVEN NEED A FUCKING STEALTH.
In a few days there will be some threads about the stealth.
that thread will be 100% WHINES.

remove it, fix outfitter, give the robes/dresses back to the monks!

If everyone has it, doesn't make the game more balanced?you are so fucking wrong about that. now not only spies will be a stealthwhore, ppus or even apus will be stealthwhores.
more balanced ? I bet you'll be crying out loud for a monk nerf regarding the stealth
I can see why you want stealth for PEs/Spies, but tanks and monks? comeon, get real ffs!

<3 iCe

nobby
29-04-05, 12:40
I'd rather have a stealth to play with than an outfitter since i'm not gonna stare at my char's clothes every second am i?

Vae Victis
29-04-05, 12:42
I'd rather have a stealth to play with than an outfitter since i'm not gonna stare at my char's clothes every second am i?
I dunno about you but I play 3rd person, I look at the clothes all the fucking time.

If you wanna play with a stealth, make a spy and lvl him oldskool ffs

Spermy
29-04-05, 12:54
Keep it as it is, Keep em all as they are, makes for interesting setups,

DOWN WITH THE COOKIE CUTTER!

See how it pans out, for the most part people are in uproar at the THOUGHT of what might happen with this stealth, not actually having experienced it in action among the classes.

You can do sod all when you're stealthed anyhow, so if yer a monk and yer buffs run out then you aren't really as threatening as you were 10 seconds ago anyway :) it's not like monks can afford to stealth whore anyhow, they'll either be stealthed and run outta buffs, or fail to buff team members, either way, a stealth monk isn't as viable as it first seems :)

Chill winstahn(s)!

bi0
29-04-05, 12:54
spies - stealth
everyone else - no
get a clue all those who thinks its a good idea
lets pick the good bits in this game apart and fuck em up ye?

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 13:06
it's not like monks can afford to stealth whore anyhow, they'll either be stealthed and run outta buffs, or fail to buff team members, either way, a stealth monk isn't as viable as it first seems :)
Chill winstahn(s)!

Hmmm run out of buffs.... Man, have you ever played a pistol spy? Same thing, you wathc you shelter and time the stealth. Besides spies have to time it on a 30 second stealth usualy. Trust me, once you see all ppu hybrids and their dog use the stealthtool you'll be one of the first to cry nerf on the emerging threads.
Just imagine fighting a stealther ppu hybrid, even when you're capable of stealth. He'll db you straight off, then psi attack2. Even if you manage to tl3 heal him twice, he'll just stealth out till he can slap his own on. Then comes back and keeps comming, you WILL die because he wears you down faster than you can heal up.
Imagine you try to stealth out... better be caryiin a shitload of damageblocker drugs or he's gonna pull out his multi lightningbolt and kill you while you're in stealth.

I play ever kind of char on several accounts and i play a stealther pistol spy, as wel as chars that hunt them. Putting stealth in the hands of things like hybrids is asking for nerfthreads. Even for ppus it can be the way out. Say he's getting whacked by 6 people and isn't able to outheal the dammage. Damn, just slap on a heal and go in stealth for a few sconds. It'll be the difference between a belthack or you gring to your appy laughing at them.

What we have here is a typical case of people going ... "oooh boy, i'm gonna be so overpowered and kill everyone". They forget that everyone is going to have an overpowered character in a matter of weeks. My bets are on the pistol pe, the apu and the ppu hybrid. Tanks won't benefit too much, except maybe the melee tank to avoid ranged dammage when closing in.

mulle
29-04-05, 13:21
DOWN WITH THE COOKIE CUTTER!

Uhhh.......won't everyone have the same cookie cutter setup with a req-less stealth tool since everyone will use one.....

And why bother seeing how it pans out with all classes when we already know how it panned out with PEs

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:26

spies have proved the same thing...

:edit: @ spermy... adding something you dont have to spec for doesnt change the "cookie cutter"...

a hyb will still be the same, just with stealth.

a pe will be the same, just with stealth.

this changes nothing setup-wise unless a spy decided to try a pure Pain Easer smiper with like 5 second stealth.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:34
lol actualy i changed my mind ;) this item should be given to ALL noobs, and should stop working at /40 :P then they can take there le's out and escape all you evil ppl trying to gank them

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:39
or you could leave your LE in and stop whining...

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:43
im capped i woudlnt wana leave my le in =)
also i have removed my le in mc5 considering i rais my characteres on drug coctails not on chips, so dieing dont bother me in the slightest, and because i lvl my characters in safe places, but noobs who know jack shit about the game dont, =P

-=edit=-
but if this dont chance ill be collecting tons of em and giving em to noobs as standard =) teach them ganking bastards when teh noobs go invis on em :P

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:47
im capped i woudlnt wana leave my le in =)
also i have removed my le in mc5 considering i rais my characteres on drug coctails not on chips, so dieing dont bother me in the slightest, and because i lvl my characters in safe places, but noobs who know jack shit about the game dont, =P

-=edit=-
but if this dont chance ill be collecting tons of em and giving em to noobs as standard =) teach them ganking bastards when teh noobs go invis on em :P

you are aware drugs work with an LE yes?

and if you dont use imps, you dont need the LE slot...

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:49
yes but i dont chip pop so i dont need poke so death means going to a cab and getting a new vest or sumin which i usualy have many many sets of just incase, and i always have a full set of weapons made on my constructor ready for use, so dieing is jus a case of genrep fight again

-=edit=-

and i dont use le incase one of the ppus are on who are free to power lvl my noob,

-=edit2=-

i aint used a LE on any of my characters apart from my experminatal hybreed i was using to solo doy tunnels. Since er beta4/retail,

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:54
yes but i dont chip pop so i dont need poke so death means going to a cab and getting a new vest or sumin which i usualy have many many sets of just incase, and i always have a full set of weapons made on my constructor ready for use, so dieing is jus a case of genrep fight again

-=edit=-

and i dont use le incase one of the ppus are on who are free to power lvl my noob,

-=edit2=-

i aint used a LE on any of my characters apart from my experminatal hybreed i was using to solo doy tunnels. Since er beta4/retail,

as long as you know the consiquences of not using an LE... more power to you.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:59
never realy knew why noobs whined, i rarely got killed when i was a noob, and if i did high lvl friends would retaliate,

but does death realy matter when ur a noob and ur popping a imp u could spec to poke ur self, when ur droping equipment that costs a few missions to get,

if u ask nicely ppl will replace ur amour anyway, i am always buying noob amour and throwing it around when a noob is naked on the streets after being ganked :P (harder now cos i have to travel to buy amour and thats jus gay

Scanner Darkly
29-04-05, 15:21
I think it should be kept in, but with the following change: play yakety sax (Benny Hill theme music) every time it is activated. :lol:

You know it makes sense!

sanityislost
29-04-05, 15:48
fuck it, spin things really on its head and make int,dex,str,con,psi for all chars go
upto 100.....then everything will be balanced....just need to work out which woc
you want after that...

SiL ..:..

her.
29-04-05, 16:23
lol yea wouldnt that be fucked up a apu/ppu hybrid being able to shoot a healing light as well as a slasher and just outright pwn ure ass

optiplex
29-04-05, 17:16
Limit the stealth tool away from psi monks and it would be great. tank pes are understandable but not for monks.

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 17:17
make it a LE requiremnt. Take out your le it is disabled. No noob in their right mind would take out their le :lol:

Bozz-Von Mel
29-04-05, 17:53
One thing I learned about the stealth tool. If your enemy stealths he cannot shoot at you. Sure the fights last a little longer but I had some fun chasing stealthing APUs and PPUs. Esp down the subway on the cabs, that was halarious. I say keep the stealth, but do something else as a trade off. Get 5% SI after stealth or make a TL 20 True sight sanctum. Create an implant eye that counters stealth effects and give it a modest INT req Lvl 60 or so.

Call this a technology breakthrough and roll with it.

Edit: Have not used the stealth myself.

ino
29-04-05, 18:04
Spy requirement end of fucking story

Selendor
29-04-05, 18:18
Spy and PE requirement, if still a problem then only works up to a certain level.

Stop bashing the PE's actions from the past - the PE is a dead character and needs all the toys he can get! No matter which one or two masochists still persist in defending the PE in its current state, as long as PPUs are around you want a tank/apu/spy.

However, I like change, and shaking things up for everyone, its better than nothing happening for 6 months.

SovKhan
29-04-05, 18:21
The problem about the Newbie stealth tool (no requirements) is known to us and will be resolved soon.

pretty much says it all.

mulle
29-04-05, 18:27
pretty much says it all.

damn straight

Tostino
29-04-05, 18:28
Spy and PE requirement, if still a problem then only works up to a certain level.

Stop bashing the PE's actions from the past - the PE is a dead character and needs all the toys he can get! No matter which one or two masochists still persist in defending the PE in its current state, as long as PPUs are around you want a tank/apu/spy.
Finaly somone who sees that PE is the most useless class in the game atm for team pvp and solo pvp (but apus).

mulle
29-04-05, 18:33
"it's all about the game and how you play it"

Comie
29-04-05, 18:53

a -frigging - men Pistol spys are worse than PE's ever were...

Notice how there are no more PE's at opbattles anymore? if i could find the thread with the before/after pic of opbattles about pe's i would post it but i cant, now need to deal with monk o cron

enigma_b17
29-04-05, 18:56
pe's definately need new toys....they should be allowed to use stealth 1, but thats it, i dont feel higher stealth is justified given their possible con strength

Infinite
29-04-05, 19:01
Could this be the first change to see what a APU might be like if the PPU changes are made... fuck up way about going about it maybe... i don't think any of us will ever understand KK.

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 19:21
Finaly somone who sees that PE is the most useless class in the game atm for team pvp and solo pvp (but apus).

meh...

i never had too many problems as a pe

:edit: and my pe killed many people at op wars... you would be shocked to see the damage of a wyatt earp against someone who hasnt been redeflectered ;)

zii
29-04-05, 19:31
Since tanks cannot enter Hacknet, they should be able to have a short 5-10 second stealth tool. Make it a tank and spy only item....

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 19:35
Since tanks cannot enter Hacknet, they should be able to have a short 5-10 second stealth tool. Make it a tank and spy only item....

since apu's dont have god mode they should get that.

kk implement a godmode switch that lasts 10 mins and lets you still attack ppl plz, it appears to be missing...

i love flawed logic

Oath
29-04-05, 19:37

:lol:

yes...

Like jester said...

Give Apu god mode, pe 255 in all stats and skills and make ppu less needed for pvp/op and then sure.

-FN-
29-04-05, 19:57
make it a LE requiremnt. Take out your le it is disabled.

This is actually one of the best ideas here I think - and I'm sure I'll be hanged for saying this - but maybe apply a "LawEnforcer" req on all of Mr. Jones's items? (I'm thinking from the new-player point of view, not the "I've been here for years and I'm bored, give ME new content)

But that still ruins the fact that PEs SHOULD have access to a 10 second stealth :(

nobby
29-04-05, 20:33
so should tanks....APU's....ect...
leave stealth how it is or i'll leave this boring game!

zii
29-04-05, 22:51
so should tanks....APU's....ect...
leave stealth how it is or i'll leave this boring game!

nah, you will come back kicking and screaming like the rest of them.

Any how, LE only requirement sounds easy, but I think Spy only is probably the best way to go, or make it only effective against mobs, or LET TANKS INTO HACKNET... , or let tanks and spys use the stupid tool. They'll get bored of winning all the time and won't use it out of choice :-) A

Anyhow, I hope that we have until Monday to play stealth whore afore an emergency patch is rolled out. Happy weekends. [As I lovingly polishes my shiney new tool one more time.]

Or : make OZ an anachy zone [repeat to fade]

sigh.

Odin
29-04-05, 22:59
Enjoy it while you can. This isn't definate but there will be changes next patch for it which could come early next week from what I am hearing. The current ones will be removed at that point and the new version will go in. We are however watching things and seeing how it goes. Chances are though it could be redone as a Spy and PE versions. I am not a dev though and I'm only passing on bits of the ongoing discussion about it.

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 23:04
Enjoy it while you can. This isn't definate but there will be changes next patch for it which could come early next week from what I am hearing. The current ones will be removed at that point and the new version will go in. We are however watching things and seeing how it goes. Chances are though it could be redone as a Spy and PE versions. I am not a dev though and I'm only passing on bits of the ongoing discussion about it.

After all that time I spent farming them! :( :rolleyes:

-FN-
30-04-05, 01:15
After all that time I spent farming them! :( :rolleyes:

... I would think that people would catch on by now. Farming an item that's "too good to be true" is just a time-wasting idea. Terminators when the "book drop" was messed up. Ion Crossbows when the quest had an exploit. And now a req-less Stealth...

No offense, but anyone who spent hours farming something that was obviously in such a big debate should've seen it coming o_O

ZoVoS
30-04-05, 01:19
not true, many mistakes kk have made in the past they havent rectified correctly, like blueprints of items that should have never been blueprintable

Jesterthegreat
30-04-05, 01:20
rather than change the req's... delete another et of items.

i suppose i wont get any gametime credited to my account for it? no? well theres a shock. please, dont even customer satisfaction...

ZoVoS
30-04-05, 01:26
it would be more sensible since hte item isnt being exploited to obtained, a change in req is hte most feasable option

Obsidian X
30-04-05, 02:29
No offense, but anyone who spent hours farming something that was obviously in such a big debate should've seen it coming o_O

Fair comment FN, but who's more at fault? Me for farming them, or the people that bought them on trade tonight after the announcement... ;)

Transformer
30-04-05, 02:32
IMO i think its stupid. even when it had requirements it was abused by PE's. i think we all remember stealthing PE's. sure i had one and i loved it but it was insanely cheap. no need to reintroduce it. keep it only for spy's like its supposed to be

nobby
30-04-05, 03:59

DO NOT RUIN MY FUN!

JUST GIVE US TANKS AND MONKS STEALTH!
AND WE'LL GIVE YOU LOTS OF SEX! :p
(well i will)

Dribble Joy
30-04-05, 04:29
IMO i think its stupid. even when it had requirements it was abused by PE's. i think we all remember stealthing PE's. sure i had one and i loved it but it was insanely cheap. no need to reintroduce it. keep it only for spy's like its supposed to be
As if it being used by spies only made it any better, again the problem is not with who can use it, but the affects it affords. PE or Spy.

As it stands, noone should be able to use stealth.

System
30-04-05, 05:01
Ok...

Monks don't need a Stealth tools.

They need a Disapearing Spell!!!! Monks are magic I should be able to cast a damn spell and disapear on your ass

Thats my second thought on this whole thing

Jesterthegreat
30-04-05, 10:48
As if it being used by spies only made it any better, again the problem is not with who can use it, but the affects it affords. PE or Spy.

As it stands, noone should be able to use stealth.

exactly

Masentaja
30-04-05, 13:35
Disliked the non-req stealth tool idea, seems silly now that every class can stealth, stealth tools were given "spy only" tag for reason. ;>

Although 5s stealth for PE doesnt seem to hurt my world that bad, but stealthing monks & tanks, no please. Hell, why don't give spies monks PA then, could use that energy resist or whatevah

Vae Victis
30-04-05, 17:16
why not hand a PPU monk a CS ?

i think the patch is complete bullshit.

if u were to give monks stealth, make it a disappearing spell like System said...
req would be MST 50, mana: 75 or something.
i dont see how this "balances" anything, KK.
remove the stealth, its retarded

eprodigy
30-04-05, 18:30
they already said its a bug so i doubt it was an attempt to balance anything :)

Infinite
30-04-05, 19:22
And make it less effect or improve stealth 1, as it is its totally pointless.

Bit like antibuff/cath/holy cath/most poison spells/ .. I know..

LiL T
30-04-05, 21:26
Some tank stealthed on me today I LOL this noob stealth really is pointless it don't last long enough for them to hide or get away. KK can do what they want with it I won't be using it waste of time

Street
01-05-05, 13:32
i can see the point of people wanting it as a requirement only item for spies and pe's but people have got so used to using their pe without stealth that if ur good at being a pe u dont need it, and who ever said a spy should not stealth . . . was that a brain fart? it makes no sence - a spy who cannot stealth is a dead spy, maybe not in the short run but will bite the bullet a HELL of a lot easier, its a spies job to stealth, in pvp, repositioning as a sniper, in op wars to scout out an op etc.
i just think it should be kept as spies, and the very low tech ones for pe's.

An APU that can stealth - INVISIBLE DEATH

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 14:33
i can see the point of people wanting it as a requirement only item for spies and pe's but people have got so used to using their pe without stealth that if ur good at being a pe u dont need it, and who ever said a spy should not stealth . . . was that a brain fart? it makes no sence - a spy who cannot stealth is a dead spy, maybe not in the short run but will bite the bullet a HELL of a lot easier, its a spies job to stealth, in pvp, repositioning as a sniper, in op wars to scout out an op etc.
i just think it should be kept as spies, and the very low tech ones for pe's.

An APU that can stealth - INVISIBLE DEATH

apu's have far less defence than a spy... yet they dont need stealth.

get a clue, learn to set up a spy.