PDA

View Full Version : 131 Bug Reports

Odin
28-04-05, 21:25
Please post your bugs here only.

Inchenzo
28-04-05, 21:26
New "katana-like" blade has his first person animation messed up, it will only work with the first strike.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 21:27
My client crashes every time I try to type something or walk. Other than that looks good.

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 22:04
Quad has no sound and isn't research-able ;\

-FN-
28-04-05, 22:19
Don't know if this was supposed to be worked on or not, but the "Can't Right Click" bug is still alive & well. Two out of Five Logins and I could not 'use' anything and had to relog.

Eckhart
28-04-05, 22:24
The NPC scripting on some new NPCs (havent checked the old ones yet) are messed up.
For example the woman who is being, for lack of a better word, crucified in the Temple of Cleaning Fire, when you talk to her, uses the script of a Twilight Guardian soldier.

Brammers
28-04-05, 22:42
Don't know if this was supposed to be worked on or not, but the "Can't Right Click" bug is still alive & well. Two out of Five Logins and I could not 'use' anything and had to relog.

I've had a lot more of these right-click bugs in this patch than before as well.

Brammers
28-04-05, 22:43
C&P

- MC5 You can enter the MC5 Hackworld without using the hacktool. But you can't leave!
- MC5 Hacknet - killing self, lets you GR to your apartment.

-FN-
28-04-05, 22:47
The TL 90 Hack Tool has a Tech Level of 1.

Genty
28-04-05, 23:14
NeXT Info Manager does not appear to be working with newbie missions.

For the rigger newbie mission with CA, mission 2 does not seem to start when you take it.

Brammers
29-04-05, 00:01
Regarding the missing Quad sound, the Reveler is the same - no "BRUM BRUM" sound! :p

athon
29-04-05, 00:25
I hope to god this is a bug: No 'Spy Only' requirement on newbie stealth tool.

Athon Solo

Jolt
29-04-05, 00:26
For the rigger newbie mission with CA, mission 2 does not seem to start when you take it.

I'll second that, tried it with a BT rigger spy and no luck getting the mission when you talk to Mr. Jones. He tells you the description and all that but doesnt give you the actual mission.

Navray for the locations is kinda buggy when your in certain zones.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 00:37
This is more of a suggestion, but WB Titans don't count for the CM/Anti-NC high lvl run, very annoying when at a lvling spot with the timer running and nothing but Titans spawn.

Brammers
29-04-05, 00:48
/SET KILL_SELF 1 doesn't work.

However in lowercase, it works!

Brammers
29-04-05, 01:18
Mr Jones - Riggers quest - DoY side - Mission 2

Attempt 1 - Got blank screen on talking to the "Machine"
Attempt 2 - Didn't get a misson running from Mr Jones. I talked to him again to get the mission
Attempt 3 - Got a mission timeout after about 5 to 10 mins. (The mission said 3 days, which in NC time or RL time, is not right)
Attempt 4 - Got blank screen on talking to the "Machine"

[VP]Orion
29-04-05, 02:07
Got mission timeout when doing the doy alliance quest....

Jolt
29-04-05, 02:25

Attempt 2 - Didn't get a misson running from Mr Jones. I talked to him again to get the mission
Attempt 3 - Got a mission timeout after about 5 to 10 mins. (The mission said 3 days, which in NC time or RL time, is not right)

After talking to Mr Jones 10 times or so he finally gave me the mission and was able to complete as normal.
But now on the third mission after completing everything and returning to Mr. Jones he says he is going to give me a drone but doesnt. Mr. Jones NPC then despawns right after you finish talking to him. All I have in my inventory afterwards is 2 Normal Drone Construction Sets.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 03:39
The machine in the machine room tell you it's too busy (when on a high lvl runner/not on mission).

//edit
Seem that the non human/speaking 'NPC' in the runs are using what ever the last run NPC script said. So the machine, rat, snake and dog all tell me that they are very busy.

Heavyporker
29-04-05, 04:24
I seem to crash (not fre - SYSTEMS CRASH) much more often with this patch.

eprodigy
29-04-05, 04:30
i know people've done it, but the infilitrator mission makes you kill the traitor, who is also surrounded by like 5 bodyguard guys... i couldnt do it :S

TWOK
29-04-05, 05:07
Xbow mission, I started with mission successfully on my 0/60 tradeskiller but got told I'm a greenhorn nib on my 89/60 droner and couldn't start it :o
Random bug or not...have to check on other chars first.

chroniccheese
29-04-05, 05:59
When I try and join a server it simply errors out right before the character screen appears. I tried every other server and it does the same. I dont know if its just me but its been doing it for about 2 hours now. If its not patch related maybe someone could help me get the game running.

BradSTL
29-04-05, 06:36

I'm having the same problem Brammers is.

-FN-
29-04-05, 07:44
The "Select Your Character Profession" Screen

When you pick your job and try to scroll down on the info on it, if you leave the 3 pixel scrollbar, it resets to the top. If you reach the bottom, it resets to the top.

It'd be nice if the Newcomers could actually read about their entire profession ;)

hegemon
29-04-05, 09:32
I seem to crash (not fre - SYSTEMS CRASH) much more often with this patch.

If your machine crashes it means your hardware is borked or the operating system is seriously bugged. No application should be able to make a properly functioning machine crash unless there is a bug in the operating system kernel/driver/hardware.

An application might contribute to the crashing by using some resources
extra hard (and neocron uses a lot of memory and cpu), but it's never to blame.

[VP]Orion
29-04-05, 10:28
Xbow mission, I started with mission successfully on my 0/60 tradeskiller but got told I'm a greenhorn nib on my 89/60 droner and couldn't start it :o
The missions seem to care about you BASE rank, not with imps. And I bet your droner has way more rankraising imps than your tradeskiller does.

Momo Katzius
29-04-05, 13:50
NeXT Info Manager does not appear to be working with newbie missions.

Try raising your combat rank. I had no luck, to get the Mission with CR of 1. Drone out and in, CR of 3 and voila, I had the mission.

Heavyporker
29-04-05, 15:48
well, hegemon, that might be, but with this patch - even when I don't have any active programs running (like internet browswer), I'll have a system crash/bluescreen at least every 15 minutes. That's much more frequent than before this patch. I can hardly think that my system is to blame.

Brammers
29-04-05, 15:49
Ok after talking to a Siygess, who told me the Newbie Quest items are not droppable. (Like normal epic items) If that is the case, that maybe this should be considered as a bug.

The Quad Bike - It is not researchable, but if you blow it up, it doesn't return to the depot. It is destroyed for good.

RDevz
29-04-05, 15:49
If your machine crashes it means your hardware is borked or the operating system is seriously bugged. No application should be able to make a properly functioning machine crash unless there is a bug in the operating system kernel/driver/hardware.

Apologies for this not being a bug report, but this statement is incorrect. It's quite easy to cobble together a program in C++ that kills the system. Windows' MMU isn't brilliant, so it's quite easy to get badly behaved pointers that corrupt the OS. I should know, I've caused more blue screens with dodgy code in the past than I care to remember.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 16:09
If you use the NavRay from inside your apt it deactivates. I know this is a long known feature due to where the apts are, but the missions tell you to use it and having it not work will seem a bit crap for a new runner. Either this needs to be altered so it works from within an apt, or change the scripts to tell runners that it only works out side the apts

Hermes
29-04-05, 16:22
The problem about the Newbie stealth tool (no requirements) is known to us and will be resolved soon.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 16:56
The CM quest is broken, the NPC talks to you (Master Sargeant Harrison) but you don't get the mission in F8.

athon
29-04-05, 17:13
The CM quest is broken, the NPC talks to you (Master Sargeant Harrison) but you don't get the mission in F8.
Shouldn't be hard to make it work inside the apt - Just make it so that all locations point to the apt door (except 'my apartment of course, assuming the apt if the users default').

Athon Solo

Seven
29-04-05, 17:14

An application might contribute to the crashing by using some resources
extra hard (and neocron uses a lot of memory and cpu), but it's never to blame.

LOL! If you're trying to be sarcastic, well done. If not, then yeah Windows IS seriously bugged. :p

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 17:24
Shouldn't be hard to make it work inside the apt - Just make it so that all locations point to the apt door (except 'my apartment of course, assuming the apt if the users default').

Athon Solo
Wrong quote dude :p.

Tostino
29-04-05, 17:25
The problem about the Newbie stealth tool (no requirements) is known to us and will be resolved soon.
So is it going to be Spy only? or will you let my PE use it also??

SovKhan
29-04-05, 17:39
if its spy only than i think they would have to change the reward. i believe you can select a PE or spy for the inf profession. although im in accounting class atm so i cannot check.

Tostino
29-04-05, 17:46
if its spy only than i think they would have to change the reward. i believe you can select a PE or spy for the inf profession. although im in accounting class atm so i cannot check.
Well sadly we all know that we can't make KK do anything. I do hope that a PE can use this again. I just hope that since this is so low TL they make it so it takes longer to activate it theen a stealth 1 was.

SovKhan
29-04-05, 17:51
Well sadly we all know that we can't make KK do anything. I do hope that a PE can use this again. I just hope that since this is so low TL they make it so it takes longer to activate it theen a stealth 1 was.

it would be cool for PE's to have stealth but at the end of the day this stuff is for noobies, either to give them alittle taste of endgame items or give them some help while leveling. this patch was a great leep for the noobie experience IMO.

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 18:16
Looking these over it does sound indeed to be a boon for noobs

enigma_b17
29-04-05, 18:49
>> Bug 1 <<
>> Pro-NC Quest (Reeza one) <<
>> Effecting: Everyone <<

RE: Mission and Death

When you click one of the mission NPC's which spawn the mobs you need to fight, if you die before you complete the mission it is required for you to cancel the mission and start again from the beginning.

>> Bug 2 <<
>> Pro-NC Quest (Reeza one) <<

RE: BlackDragon Boss Spawn

Black Dragon boss mob's spawn is only about a minute, before he despawns, even if you are attacking him. (ie 100/100 NPC with pain easer).

>> Feature Request <<
>> High TL Pistol Trader <<
>> Effecting: Pro-NC <<

RE: Selling/Buying High Tl pistols

Could we get some sort of hightl pistol trader somewhere in neocron....industrial or outzone or somewhere, just a place we can buy and sell things like black suns, etc.... as now the tg canyons are back in TG's Hands actually selling anything there as pro-city becomes a days work in it-self.

TWOK
29-04-05, 19:53
Orion']The missions seem to care about you BASE rank, not with imps. And I bet your droner has way more rankraising imps than your tradeskiller does.

Yeah think you're right, my droner does have low STR/CON atm and more + imps.
Seems a strange way to do it either way, bug or not ?

-FN-
29-04-05, 21:56
WARNING: These images might be spoilers for those doing the Ion Crossbow quest - only view them if you want NPCs given away.

Dirus
29-04-05, 22:14
The missions look at your Base, not your Total. They're intended that way. Otherwise all you'd have to do is put in as many imps as possible and pop as many drugs as you could and "pretend" you're high lvl.

zii
29-04-05, 22:53

Same bug here. a couple of times.

Comie
30-04-05, 01:35
the vehicles arent making any noises... none at all, miss my "Brooom"

Heavyporker
30-04-05, 02:03
took advice from a friend, modified paging file size away from what a certain QA told me, and now it seems that I crash MUCH less often. I'm going to consider modifying it even more, see if that doesn't solve it entirely.

Oh, and more than just spelling, the ion crossbow's mission text is grammatically butchered. It's "You certainly have confidence!" Not "You certainly have great confidentiality!"

And it's "I'm very busy!" Not "I'm heavily busy"

msdong
30-04-05, 11:58
i'm not sure if this is a bug but

- Changed Drugs to use Medical Substances in their build lists.

you dont get medical subs back on salvage. and dont you think medpacks should be made from med subs as well ?

€:
please adjust the repair nanites needed to repair gliders. its more expencive to repair them by nanites them on asg.

Comie
30-04-05, 12:37
Oh, and more than just spelling, the ion crossbow's mission text is grammatically butchered. It's "You certainly have confidence!" Not "You certainly have great confidentiality!"

And it's "I'm very busy!" Not "I'm heavily busy"

"You certainly have confidence!" that is correct, it is dependant upon context. It just means that yu are cocky an confidant... what yur suggesting is that they can keep a secret.

"I'm heavily busy" is also correct, there is no grammatical errors here, its just a more descriptive form of how busy they are,

heavily in an adverb form in this context means - to a great extent.

msdong
30-04-05, 13:27
you get attacked by everyone in front of TGHQ when you have to fight Heff for the 2 epic mission. same goes for torval.
the biggest problem is the TG guard ;)
if you ask the recruitment officer in TGHQ about the city he tells you to visit the city admin at plaza .... well not that easy for a TG

and in the name of the lord - remove death item swap

hegemon
30-04-05, 13:45
well, hegemon, that might be, but with this patch - even when I don't have any active programs running (like internet browswer), I'll have a system crash/bluescreen at least every 15 minutes. That's much more frequent than before this patch. I can hardly think that my system is to blame.

I guess Neocron pushes your hardware harder than it used to.

Once again. The job of the operating system is (among other things) to compartamentalize failures so that they only affect the failing application, not other applications or the hardware.

So. If your computer crashes it means that the operating system failed for some reason. If an application can make the operating system crash, it's classed as a security problem and usually gets fixed quite quickly (well, everything is relative, Microsoft aren't that fast when it comes to local denial of service).

After many years of debugging weird problems in operating systems I have a list of which things I should suspect in what order. First is memory. Second is overheating of cpu/hostbridge. Third is borked motherboard. Fourth are buggy drivers. Fifth is the power supply. And then we have bugs in the operating system.

And just to add, my cpu overheats sometimes on bad days. Since the last patch it has been overheating much more when playing neocron.

Mr Kot
30-04-05, 17:16
The missions look at your Base, not your Total. They're intended that way. Otherwise all you'd have to do is put in as many imps as possible and pop as many drugs as you could and "pretend" you're high lvl.

Hmm, so does this mean that faction epic mission rank checks have been tweaked this way too?

No more pop out LE, drug like a whore, take lvl 35 PK mission, pop LE back in?

The TL 90 Hack Tool has a Tech Level of 1.
TL 90 Research tool has a Tech Level of 10 .... and can't research TL 90 stuff

BradSTL
30-04-05, 18:20
please adjust the repair nanites needed to repair gliders. its more expencive to repair them by nanites them on asg.
I wasn't going to bother mentioning this until/unless there are Vehicle Theme Weeks, but so far that's been true of every vehicle I've tested it on. It seems to cost about 2.5 to 3 times as much in nanites to repair a vehicle as it does to repair it at an ASG warp garage. On the other hand, manual repair gives good XP and can be done in the field without returning to a garage, so it may be on purpose.

No, what I wish is that remote repair nanites could be cloned with a recycling tool, or failing that that they were zero weight, because my god do I go through a LOT of them! It reminds me of the bad old days where you couldn't fight 10 mobs without having to go back to the GoGuardian for more ammo.

CMaster
30-04-05, 18:23
With good repair skill and barteterd nanites (<1k each from OZ mall) everything that doesnt fly is cheapr to repair with tool.

Tantta
30-04-05, 18:26
My barter tl 180 gets nanites with a bit less then 900nc :)
But when i yesterday went to oz, the guy who use to sell em is gone? 8|

Nidhogg
30-04-05, 18:51
Please only report bugs on this thread. Any further discussion risks being deleted.

N

zii
01-05-05, 04:11
*) Right click option when you die doesn't work. Have to relog for workaround.
*) Right click bug on items (doors gogo etc.,) doesn't work sometimes. Relog needed.

MeWhiteWolf
01-05-05, 06:00
when on the preacher/driver/droner newB missions plaza 4 navray tells you that crytons has it all - leaving the sector shows u true location, but for a noob that would be confusing.
also as already stated here i have no reward for drone mission, he tell u u can keep it but takes it anyway;)

eprodigy
01-05-05, 06:39
This patch screwed over NF again.. most decks were working now NF1 is almost completly broke and NF2 only D2 and D7 seem to work...

no D1 maps available it seems...

Brammers
01-05-05, 19:19
The hacknet vendor in FA sector 3 has gone. The hidden one between Crahn and FA does not sell anything.

Software sold in HEW in VR3 (The sector with NCPD) He does not sell V0.1 regen software.

When coming out of hacknet to the real world, you still have your hacknet skin. Zoning or relogging fixes it.

enigma_b17
01-05-05, 20:21
>> Bug <<
>> Pro-NC Newbie Quest (Smuggler) <<

NavRay for Digging Site doesnt actually lead to the digging site.

Brammers
01-05-05, 20:56
- Added option to specify HackNet entries as NavRay destination target

Not quite sure of this one. I don't see anything related to Hacknett in the Navray. (Except maybe for the newbie quests)

Also the scroll bar doesn't scroll all the way down it looks like.

Nidhogg
01-05-05, 22:23
Let me make it even clearer. Please report bugs with patch 131 on this thread - anything else is off topic. Any other bugs can be reported to bugs@neocron.com.

N

CMaster
02-05-05, 01:14
Mysterious maze is identical as to before.

Dirus
02-05-05, 01:18
Mysterious maze is identical as to before.
The map its self wasn't changed, just the mobs spawning in it. there should be 3 high lvl mobs spawning in there.

BradSTL
02-05-05, 04:29
Ever since patch 131, I've had an odd problem when placing furniture.

The first attempt to place a piece of furniture after any given login, in any apartment other than my initial apartment, fails. Selecting it in the quickbar shows me the 3-D icon, and I can move it around. But it doesn't respond to left clicks at all. Won't rotate, won't place.

If, however, I take any one piece of furniture to my starter apartment, select it, and left click even once to rotate it, I can then place any furniture in any owned apartment to my heart's content. I don't even have to place it in the starter apartment, I just have to have that one left click.

Kuya
02-05-05, 11:03
michael the guy from the CM epic is MISSING!!! :(

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 11:33
Doors in subway car stayed open for me twice allready.

CMaster
02-05-05, 13:19
The map its self wasn't changed, just the mobs spawning in it. there should be 3 high lvl mobs spawning in there.
Hmm. I visisted two of the loot boxes - highest I saw was an agressor or a mutant gunman - nothing beyond what it had before.

msdong
02-05-05, 16:53
there really should be a text output when the mashin decode the BP in the driver beginner mission. it just gave me a black screen. if i did not try to just jo home und talk to jones i would stand there til now

Heavyporker
02-05-05, 16:59
KK.. This is direct from your patchnotes.

Other Changes and Bugfixes

- Changed Drugs to use Medical Substances in their build lists.
I have personally researched some drugs. They still take chems.

Serumbunderibat (red DEX drug) takes chems. Detrosol Forte (green INT drug) takes chems (strastin). Same for Paratemol Forte.

Oh, and by the way, Bugs Gunny, look at that line. Drugs... Medical Substances.. build lists.

This is EXPRESSLY for buildable drugs, such as Beast. KK has fucked up royally in this area.

BradSTL
02-05-05, 23:01
Motorcycle/ATV/trike drivers don't receive the "Entering an xxxx zone" messages when zoning. I haven't had a chance to test it in any of the cars, but I assume it's the same. I don't know if it affects gunners or not.

Forgive me if this bug isn't new, but it's new to me, or at least I didn't notice it until after patch 131.

-FN-
03-05-05, 01:04
Driver Profession Quest - Mission #3 - Mr. Jones does not recognize if you really have the Key or not.

Once you retreive the key from Galahan Spangler, from the looks of everything you're supposed to head to the Construction Facility in PP3 to get the key built...

However you can just go back to Mr. Jones, say you have the key, and he'll give you the NEXT Quad Key anyway. You keep the normal Decoded Blueprint in your inventory which I believe it supposed to go to the Construction Machine.

BradSTL
03-05-05, 02:59
Prior to patch 131, the Yo's Pawn Shop in Tsunami Sector 07 would bring up an empty vendor script, was obviously broken. But no, that wasn't funny enough. Some GM obviously went through and deleted him so the new one would regenerate.

Now he's a snack vendor.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. One other new vendor problem that I found today. At Malstrond factory outpost, the ammo dealer in the back, has a broken script. The one in the front, by the gate, works normally, but this is what the selection of low-tech cannon ammo looks like.

zii
03-05-05, 03:51
Zoning from MB entrance into Wastelands (j01 I think) causes my FPS to decrease from ~62 to ~3 FPS.

Same effect in PP.

Effect usually cleared by leaving the zone and re-entering it again.

Kuya
03-05-05, 12:02
Pro city and CM quest dont work anymore, you can talk to the guy but he doesnt give you a mission in the F8 screen. seriously, they fucked up more then they fixed it seems...... comeon with that fix patch

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 13:51
Pro city and CM quest dont work anymore, you can talk to the guy but he doesnt give you a mission in the F8 screen. seriously, they fucked up more then they fixed it seems...... comeon with that fix patch

<3 the new content...

once again... good for new players, not so good for current ones.