PDA

View Full Version : [Merged]Newbie Rewards

CMaster
28-04-05, 19:48
Lets try and compile a list, with screenies. So far we have the Quad (driver), Katana (Street Samurai) and runours of stealth 0.5 (infill)

Dribble Joy
28-04-05, 19:51
Reqless stealth tool for infiltrator.

RogerRamjet
28-04-05, 19:59
A requirementless stealth tool?

As in one which is able to be used by monks/tanks/PEs?

Genty
28-04-05, 20:04
Best be a max level that you can use that stealth tool at.

[TgR]KILLER
28-04-05, 20:13
no reqs on it at all.. saw a ppu apu team stealthing around already :p

Heavyporker
28-04-05, 20:14
oh.. my.. fucking.. gawd.

reqless stealth?!

*shudders*

Test-0
28-04-05, 20:28
Attempting to get this back on track, Constructors (forget the in game name) get tl90 construction tools. Figured they would, but now it's totally official. :) Logically resers get tl90 res tools, but I'm not gonna test that. :)

Tostino
28-04-05, 20:36
KILLER']no reqs on it at all.. saw a ppu apu team stealthing around already :p
How long does it last?? Do you just get it from the quest when you start a infiltrator?

SovKhan
28-04-05, 20:39
ive heard that its 10 or 5 seconds cannot confirm atm though. hopefully they will be smart and put a PE and SPY class use restrictions on them.

Tostino
28-04-05, 20:41
ive heard that its 10 or 5 seconds cannot confirm atm though. hopefully they will be smart and put a PE and SPY class use restrictions on them.
Yeah I was hoping they would atleast stop a monk or a tank from useing it, that just seems fucked up. And a 5/10 sec stealth would make me play my PE again!!

enigma_b17
28-04-05, 20:45
that reqless stealth tool that can be used by monks better be a smegging joke.....stealthing apus would be the most overpowered pos this game has ever seen

SovKhan
28-04-05, 20:46
personally i think all the starter mission rewards should be limited to which class can actually use the item.

ie the feild medic gets an item that only classes who can select the feild medic (monk only).

because i can see it now, ppu or apu bout to die at an op fight, hit the stealth tool while holy healed and comes out with full health.

Animated
28-04-05, 20:50
For the Assassin profession you get a TL 10 Better quality Sniper Rifle. Mine came with 3 slots, but I don't know if thats standard.

SirRah
28-04-05, 20:50
I actually got asked if it was an exploit when i stealthed... :D

-FN-
28-04-05, 21:15
For the Assassin profession you get a TL 10 Better quality Sniper Rifle. Mine came with 3 slots, but I don't know if thats standard.

Please head to nc.synergyxr.net and SUBMIT YOUR NEW ITEMS (http://nc.synergyxr.net/additem.php)!!!oneoneone :)

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 21:19
Since Trade - NC is lively with discussion of the new items, figure we'll talk about it here as well.

Confirmed Items

N.E.X.T Quad - one seater, low reqs (lvl 7 int 17 vehicle use if correct). Almost as fast as a Hovertech. Currently bugged as they emit no sound. Also not plausible for actual use, they aren't blueprintable and can be easily blown up (fataled synching into a zone, walked back to where the quad was, not there checked ASG not listed as a vehicle I own...)

Katana - MC Tank low level sword (reqs unknown). Looks cool, some in various channels say it's bugged somehow as well.

v0.5 Stealth Tool - newbie stealth. no reqs at all, used by any class...

Unconfirmed Items:

Hybrid PA; gives to both APU and PPU stats, no resistances of any kind

Add if you know anything, screens more than welcome to help re-confirm things.

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 21:23
Drivers obviously get the N.E.X.T Quad

It is currently very buggy and unrealiable. It has no sounds at all, so anyone using on can easily sneak up on ya faster than a MC tank could run... They aren't BP'able so the fact they blow up easily sucks...

Alan
28-04-05, 21:27
better than a kick in the teeth at least...

RogerRamjet
28-04-05, 21:31
I heard theres Hybrid PA now. So hybrid PA + Stealth. Hmm, sounds fun.

BradSTL
28-04-05, 21:32
Not especially? Didn't we establish ages ago that there's no advantage to a more expensive Hacktool?

Xylaz
28-04-05, 21:36
I heard theres Hybrid PA now. So hybrid PA + Stealth. Hmm, sounds fun.

hahahaha awesome

now tell me they are like epic rewards, non droppable :p

Brammers
28-04-05, 21:40
Quad Bike INT 7 and VCH 17 and non-researchable.

It's also faster than a Speedbike.

Animated
28-04-05, 21:40
Here's the stealth tool, seems to be the full 10 seconds.

Siygess
28-04-05, 21:43
Far be it for me to nay-say a no requirement stealth tool.. but I'm sure these things will have profession limitations on them soon enough :)

Animated
28-04-05, 21:46
That would still allow PEs to use it, which means they get stealth back! Yay? :confused:

SovKhan
28-04-05, 21:47
i always thought a PE should be able to have a lower end stealthtool. its just a ppu/apu/tank useing them that is scares me.

SovKhan
28-04-05, 21:49
screens for the quad (not item screen) and stealth tool (item screen) are posted on the other post. have not seen anything for the hybid pa.

Dribble Joy
28-04-05, 21:57
tl3 heal that gives 18 hp per tick.

Not that balance was great before, but this is just daft.

Xylaz
28-04-05, 22:01
hahahaha we have a comedy here :)

Phlith
28-04-05, 22:12
Just created a preacher (hybrid) on mars. Did the three missions and got this.. Its an energyball spell

SirRah
28-04-05, 22:28
Engineer gets you a TL90 Cst Tool and Hacker a TL90 Hacktool.

Street Samurai gives you a nice Katana.

-FN-
28-04-05, 22:30
I've been wanting Stealth to come back for PEs forever, even though I've never had a combat PE :)

And to be honest, I don't even mind the other classes having a short stealth - I just hope that they tweaked the ONE thing that will balance the usage of the item...

KK, I pray to God that you've increased the Drug Flash effect on stealthing!

Can we also get screenshots on the kitana and the info on that attack ball thing?

Genty
28-04-05, 22:35
Smuggler gets a Barter implant

Req: 15 Barter
Gives +5 Barter

-FN-
28-04-05, 22:37

It's a TL 90 Hack Tool.... with a Tech Level of 1 :lol:

Phlith
28-04-05, 22:38
@ FN. Its only like 72% stats on the energy ball

Jesterthegreat
It's a TL 90 Hack Tool.... with a Tech Level of 1 :lol:

and no hack req...

wonder how hard a gr is to hack with 0 hack, hacknet may become even easier to use as a transport system

kane
I've been wanting Stealth to come back for PEs forever, even though I've never had a combat PE :)

And to be honest, I don't even mind the other classes having a short stealth - I just hope that they tweaked the ONE thing that will balance the usage of the item...

Can we also get screenshots on the kitana and the info on that attack ball thing?

well I will be canceling my trial in about 48 hours if theres not a nerf put onto them stealth tools for other classes. I think even pe's don't need them.

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 22:39
well I will be canceling my trial in about 48 hours if theres not a nerf put onto them stealth tools for other classes. I think even pe's don't need them.

no class needs them... but they havent been removed yet.

:edit: stealth in general that is

Tidus_Origin
28-04-05, 22:42
I just hope that class reqs. for the noob stealth tool is in the pipeline. I can imagine PPUs/Tanks/APUs stealthing about (*shudders*)...PEs aren't so bad, as they're able to have the Infiltrator sub-class.

Shame I don't have any free char slots on my account, so I can take a look at these noob items for myself...

Maester Seymour
28-04-05, 22:43
Soldier gives a hooker that you can place in your apartment like furnature heh.

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptmaesterseymour/stripper.jpg

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 22:43
I just hope that class reqs. for the noob stealth tool is in the pipeline. I can imagine PPUs/Tanks/APUs stealthing about (*shudders*)...PEs aren't so bad, as they're able to have the Infiltrator sub-class.

Shame I don't have any free char slots on my account, so I can take a look at these noob items for myself...

deleted my 97 base str tank to try stuff...

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 22:44
Soldier gives a hooker that you can place in your apartment like furnature heh.

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptmaesterseymour/stripper.jpg

O_o

-FN-
28-04-05, 22:49
@ FN. Its only like 72% stats on the energy ball

TL? Weight? Reqs?

Original monk
28-04-05, 22:56
TL? Weight? Reqs?

i wonna know also !

i dunno about the hybridPA they told on trade but i prefer to see itfirst :) would be cool tough :)

and the ho is cool also :)

Animated
28-04-05, 23:02
Here's the Field Medic (PPU) heal spell reward.

BradSTL
28-04-05, 23:04
If I may add a little bit of perspective? Because of client/server sync issues, it is usually impossible to switch from any other weapon to a stealth tool and fire it in less than 4 seconds. So if someone with a Stealth 1 or this tool is pumping it as hard as they can, they're still only invisible 2/3 of the time, and they're not doing any damage to anyone else or using any heals other than medical kits.

It changes the game, yes, but it doesn't break it. The main effect will be that unless you're using area-effect weapons, you can now only count on killing someone by surprise if you can take them down in under 4 seconds (plus however long it takes them to react to your attack); any longer than that and they have a chance to escape. Oh, poor baby.

And I hate to break it to you, but Stealth tools don't cause drugflash any more. I haven't tried Stealthblocker drugs, I assume they do but I haven't tried it. But given 10s duration, nobody with this beginner Stealth tool needs Stealthblocker anyway. So sorry to tell you this, but no, there almost certainly will not be any drugflash from using this tool.

LiL T
28-04-05, 23:07
stealth for PE's ^^ ?

I remember being in favour of PE's losing it but... Since PE's suck at OP wars and having no real use in them humm I'm going to say it was a bad idea. PE's should have been left with stealth LVL 1 people had a problem with PE's being stealth whores, but look at the spy now and they do sick damage. My PE will be a right bitch if I can only get into that city they call neocron ^^ and this might just be my chance :P. Also if that hybrid PA is true thats great my monk is hybrid since I have never been sure what I wanted to do with her. Perhaps they could make hybrid spells and put the normal PSI spells out of reach of the hybrids, then balance them from there making them a totaly different class of monk.

What the hell now, where did I put that CC I can't wait to try this stuff out seems alot was added kind of what I was waiting for.

Animated
28-04-05, 23:17
Just to point out that the stealth tool currently has no requirement at all, meaning all classes can use it. IF it is changed to profession only then it will be PE/Spy only.

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 23:18

whats the green booster (that isnt redded out so i guess not HN booster)

Animated
28-04-05, 23:23
Thats one of three items from the quest to get the spell. There's a green needle, a red needle and a blue needle. They're only used in a small dialogue and don't actually do anything.

SirRah
28-04-05, 23:23
Scientist gives you a Tamagotchi :D

CMaster
28-04-05, 23:25
OK, so right now everyone wants the stealth and the TL10 heal... EVERYONE. The stripper is kinda popular too. The craziest thing is that the stealth tool isnt actually much use to newbies...

mulle
28-04-05, 23:28

What is heal rate like on it? 7-8 a tick? Would be sweet with a heal spell just a tad better than tl3 but far from as powerfull as blessed

Animated
28-04-05, 23:36
What is heal rate like on it? 7-8 a tick? Would be sweet with a heal spell just a tad better than tl3 but far from as powerfull as blessed

On my noobie hybrid with 56 ppu I get 342% with a cast rate of 40-45/min (can't remember exactly) and it heals 5 damager per tick. I'm guessing maxed out it could be double that perhaps? Who knows, I'm no expert at all.

Dribble Joy
28-04-05, 23:53

The problem with stealth has nothing to do with it's side effects or duration.

It doesn't matter if it causes flash or lasts 3 mins, it's the INITIAL effects it has that is the cause of it's unbalancing.
It's too easy to just quit, bug out, flick the LE switch, when things aren't going your way.
It should be an espionage tool, not an escape tool.

I don't care who can use it, just that it's immidiate effects are altered.
Prefferably (in my opinion) by a delay from firing to the stealth effect taking hold.

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 00:10
Hmm, a TL10 heal you say? Would it be worth it for a tank over the TL3?

Tyr
29-04-05, 00:13
Threads merged.

CMaster
29-04-05, 00:18
For a tank? Prob not. For a PE/spy/APU based hybrid - almost certainly.

mulle
29-04-05, 00:39
Just tested a capped tl10 heal and it heals 9-10 hp a tick. VERY nice addition to this game I must say, don't think it'll be worth it for anyone but PEs and apu hybrids since it takes alot to cap due to the low quality (73% or so on stats), I'm not sure if it can be blueprinted, but since noone was spamming trade i guess not. Should probably turn out to be some very long duels PE vs PE :lol:

Tostino
29-04-05, 00:52
Just tested a capped tl10 heal and it heals 9-10 hp a tick. VERY nice addition to this game I must say, don't think it'll be worth it for anyone but PEs and apu hybrids since it takes alot to cap due to the low quality (73% or so on stats), I'm not sure if it can be blueprinted, but since noone was spamming trade i guess not. Should probably turn out to be some very long duels PE vs PE :lol:
I will be doing a bunch of ultima runs :)

Darkener
29-04-05, 01:27
Well sorry to see you go. I actually like the variety the stealth tool would give. Raiding crp could get more interesting. Im sick of the saul cookie cutter shit

Infinite
29-04-05, 02:16
How has stealth 1 been changed so it still has a point in the game?
Can't wait till it gets a spy requirment in the hot fix on monday.

I'm guessing/hoping that hybrid PA is a big joke ;)

The rest look kinda kewl.

vashtyphoon78
29-04-05, 02:28
omg a lowbie fricken stealth, and when i left my damn sniper could barely use the old beginner stealth!!!! CHEAP!!! i worked all that time for it and now the newbs are getting em without even having to work for it!!! BULLCRUP!!!
i say spawn 10 mil juggers in p2.

Siygess
29-04-05, 02:44
Where the heck is the construction room for the Driver quest? The Nav Ray leads me to a store in Plaza 4 that definately doesn't have the construction room in it..

Jolt
29-04-05, 03:03
Where the heck is the construction room for the Driver quest? The Nav Ray leads me to a store in Plaza 4 that definately doesn't have the construction room in it..

Navray bugs up in Plaza 4 for all the quests for some reason. Once you leave zone it returns to normal. (you can find it in Pepper Park 3)

cornelius5
29-04-05, 03:11
i did the rigger jonsey missions and i have 2 drone construction units...
in info it says "the componets of a zg n.u.k.e drone packed up in a handy unit"
i've tried everything, activate using it , quickbelting it , putting it in processor nothing seems to extract the drones,, anyone know?

also the pure apu gets a tl10 cleaning fire spell,, and btw u reeaaally gotta check out the cleaning fire room in pp1, serious bdsm action..

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 03:15
i did the rigger jonsey missions and i have 2 drone construction units...
in info it says "the componets of a zg n.u.k.e drone packed up in a handy unit"
i've tried everything, activate using it , quickbelting it , putting it in processor nothing seems to extract the drones,, anyone know?

also the pure apu gets a tl10 cleaning fire spell,, and btw u reeaaally gotta check out the cleaning fire room in pp1, serious bdsm action..

A Nuke Drone... sounds tasty...

Clive tombstone
29-04-05, 08:05
Scientist gives you a Tamagotchi :D
Seriously, is that photoshop, or what the hell is it? :D Im actually interested for some reason
NM, phot shop work on that hehe. good work btw

Original monk
29-04-05, 09:17
I will be doing a bunch of ultima runs :)

cleared a cave yesterday .. 1 heavy ultima ... compared to the previous 5 days where i also whent caving i dont see that much changed in the droploot, seems a mob got nerfed and another got boosted tough :) one or another thing brought my fully capped/buffed ppu down to 10 hp in 2 shots lol

that wasnt so the day before lol, still its fun in there and im very happy when the drop stays about 1 maybe 2 ultima's a cave :)

havent done enough caves yet to check tough .. we had 8 illegal slotenhacers, 4 techs and 1 heavyultima out of one cave ... yesterday 1 day before the patch we had 11 slotenhacers, 6 parts and a laserblade ultima :) day before that no ultima 10 slotenhacers and 8 parts orso :) etc etc

not like they drop like mad now but if it stays like this it looks good :)

ot: my ppu died for the first time since NC2 :) in PP :D and then later on also in them caves, lol it wasnt my day yesterday

BradSTL
29-04-05, 10:08
I couldn't finish the rigger mission; the DoY machine room is bugged and so mission 2 can't be completed.

The soldier gets two rewards. One is the stripper, mentioned above; the other is a TL10 flamer, which is a very nice reward that fills in a major gap in the weapon lineup. Mine came out roughly 82% quality, 3 slot. I transferred both rewards to another character, and now the hooker won't place as furniture in my apartment. Is it locked so that it only works for the character that the reward was originally given to, or am I just bugged?

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:20
I couldn't finish the rigger mission; the DoY machine room is bugged and so mission 2 can't be completed.

The soldier gets two rewards. One is the stripper, mentioned above; the other is a TL10 flamer, which is a very nice reward that fills in a major gap in the weapon lineup. Mine came out roughly 82% quality, 3 slot. I transferred both rewards to another character, and now the hooker won't place as furniture in my apartment. Is it locked so that it only works for the character that the reward was originally given to, or am I just bugged?

my flamer came out 5 slotted and was donated to TICK.

my stripper was transfered to average joe and is hangin out in the VENOM clan apt... so they are (were?) transferable

SirRah
29-04-05, 15:13
Seriously, is that photoshop, or what the hell is it? :D Im actually interested for some reason
NM, phot shop work on that hehe. good work btw

It's definiatly not Photoshop'd. I can show you today when im on. ;)

darkservent
30-04-05, 02:07
DAM DAM DAM all these market oppurtunities in game and im broke to play.