PDA

View Full Version : CM: Pro or Anti

Digital-Talios
28-04-05, 18:56
When you see a City Merc do you pk him? By definition he is neutral to you. But do these CM hold a reputation for supporting either side so you go ahead and pk just to be on the safe side. Do you thik that the only random pking that happens to CM is by TG and CM to TG?

[TgR]KILLER
28-04-05, 18:57
depends on what cm.. a few clans in cm are kos because of their actions and attacking clans.

Kuya
28-04-05, 18:58
a few clans? i can think of only one witch is VENOM!!!111oneoneone

we neither support Pro or Anti we PK just everyone

Dribble Joy
28-04-05, 19:07
Problem is that noone thinks before doing anything, meaning that pretty much all of CM is KoS to pretty much all other runners.

Clobber
28-04-05, 19:29
By definition he is neutral to you. But do these CM hold a reputation for supporting either side so you go ahead and pk just to be on the safe side.

Well the actions of a certain CM clan helping TG, the only faction actually red to them, means CM's are kinda screwed.

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 19:30
Problem is that noone thinks before doing anything, meaning that pretty much all of CM is KoS to pretty much all other runners.

hm... people who are unable to read a clan name prolly arent old enough to play this game really...

if i have a problem with a clan, i keep it like that

Phlith
28-04-05, 19:38
a few clans? i can think of only one witch is VENOM!!!111oneoneone

we neither support Pro or Anti we PK just everyone
Pfffft... venom are carebears :)

Kuya
28-04-05, 19:49
Pfffft... venom are carebears :)

Your the carebear with your ncelite ^^

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 20:29
carebear about preserving the integrity of the game.

Xylaz
28-04-05, 21:25
as a TG ally i usually attack every clanned CM on sight, i tend to leave unclanned CMs in peace, though i usually regret it soon after.

Darkener
29-04-05, 01:53
I rember the 2 elite venom who jumped me in P2. The apu died instantly and the melee tank ran like a lil chicken.

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 08:54
I rember the 2 elite venom who jumped me in P2. The apu died instantly and the melee tank ran like a lil chicken.

i thought we were both melee tanks?

or was this a different occasion?

anyways yeah i decided i sucked at melee and lommed... but i deleeted that tank last night for noob missions :p

Hoernerice
29-04-05, 09:09
we cm are neutral. when we get atacked we defend us. no matter if doy or city. and at mom i have to say that it is a city clan wich do. when ppl now argu. that we help this way tg, i have to say. not my problem. we didnt atack the city. the city atacked us.

hegemon
29-04-05, 09:26
Apparently some CM clans choose sides, but they are changing so often that it's impossible to know what side they are on this week. So to be safe, I kill every CM I see or die trying.

Hoernerice
29-04-05, 09:29
for u hegemon too..... we cms just intrest in one side, since we exist. and this side is our own side. not left not right our side.

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 09:30
we cm are neutral. when we get atacked we defend us. no matter if doy or city. and at mom i have to say that it is a city clan wich do. when ppl now argu. that we help this way tg, i have to say. not my problem. we didnt atack the city. the city atacked us.

This one had me cracking up.
Anyway, resdogz is kos, so is venom (naturaly).
We try to leave the others alone, but when killing resdogz they usualy help them out hence they die too.

It must suck being a merc these days.

Hoernerice
29-04-05, 09:45
why and since when we kos to blood? that totaly new to me. now hole city will atack us?
have to go now to uni. we should talk about htis ingame

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 11:12
why and since when we kos to blood? that totaly new to me. now hole city will atack us?
have to go now to uni. we should talk about htis ingame

You troops came to take blood ops, because we were the only pro city clan that had low enough numbers online to beat.
Not just that. You hacknet hacker died at the terminal to my hacker, and after a bunch of relogging he tagged the node.
Why should you not be kos to blood?
Let's see that makes it nc-elites and blood. Don't know about soldierz, but i doubt they like you guys a lot.

My suggestion: Don't go shopping in neocron city anymore :-)

Fafhrd
29-04-05, 11:43
Let's see that makes it nc-elites and blood. Don't know about soldierz, but i doubt they like you guys a lot.

My suggestion: Don't go shopping in neocron city anymore :-)
Soldierz was unsure the last time they spoke about it. Most of them want to go to war with rezd, but Spike hasn't put a final desicion yet.

Maybe Dest or any other Soldierz wants to comment on that.

(Same situation with blood, btw).

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:23
I kill every CM I see or die trying.

the feeling is mutual ;)

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 13:47
Hmmm so the possibility of creating a NEUTRAL merc clan to be hired by any side is kinda outa the question then. I suppose nothing will change as if you run through the streets of the Dome unle'd you can get pk'd by both Dome and NC forces. I guess nothing will change.

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:49
Hmmm so the possibility of creating a NEUTRAL merc clan to be hired by any side is kinda outa the question then. I suppose nothing will change as if you run through the streets of the Dome unle'd you can get pk'd by both Dome and NC forces. I guess nothing will change.

venom were hired by a gm at the last event.

pro city who dont understand the concept of RP attacked us.

the GM then informed me that pvp was allowed.

the event then went downhill.

:edit: point i am making? we were being neutral and offering our services to an employer.

Clobber
29-04-05, 14:13
Soldierz was unsure the last time they spoke about it. Most of them want to go to war with rezd, but Spike hasn't put a final desicion yet.

Maybe Dest or any other Soldierz wants to comment on that.

(Same situation with blood, btw).

Yes we are at war with RD, after the actions of some members from RD last sunday at Cycrow.

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 14:15
Ouch, life must be hard being a reservoir dog.
I guess pretty soon the only ones you'll see will be living in one.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 14:20
Hmmm so the possibility of creating a NEUTRAL merc clan to be hired by any side is kinda outa the question then.
It has been done in the past, however it takes a stupid amount of prior planning and negotiation with as many other clans as possible. Something which I can't do again now, and priobably not again in the future due to time restrictions.

Part of the problem is making sure that the people on the reciving end don't go after the mercs by informing them who we are working for and who commisioned the actions taken.

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 14:27
i think it would be great role play. I am only concerned that on one day a FA clan hires us for an op strike then the following day a CA clan hires us I think the FA clan will KOS us for helping the enemy. Stressing that our neutrality is their guarante will be very important.

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 14:32
There needs to be a complete reworking of how CM opperates and how it's viewed by the other factions.
The main point is that CM should not be seen as a competitor with the other factions or as a faction in the same sense that they have something to fight for or represent any moral stand point.

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 14:48
They are mercs. a gun for hire. it is as simple as that. over the course of time it has however been perceived as an extension of NC (from my own personal experience) People need to know that not all CM clans are pro or anti but are both and neither. A CM's loyalty should be to those that hired them unless they are TG of course but even hostilities will be put aside if the price is right.

Hoernerice
29-04-05, 15:18
we are neutral.... but ppl didnt understood and atacked us.

bi0
29-04-05, 16:08
how about we forget reworking mercs, the only reason why they are there is for someone not to have any allies, but not enemies either.
if you dont like that way of playing, then its very easy to join pro or anti. VERY easy...
personally, the reason VENOM is CM is cos we were sick of the pro crying all the time about ally killing
HAHAH BITCH NOW WE DONT GOT ALLIES! GAHGAHDGHASGA

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 16:28
we are neutral.... but ppl didnt understood and atacked us.
And so you retalliate, and then they attack back, and then they... and so on untill everyone is ganking everyone.

As for griefer clans, I hope that Iorghe's (afaik) previous work to make clanned runners bootable from their factions to get implemented.
Factionless runners should be able to make clans as well.

Before any of that happens though, faction sympathy needs to be made far more important.

Castoff
29-04-05, 17:03
Being a CM is a good idea. The problem is that the war button does not work.
If KK were to get that working it would solve a lot of problems. When a CM clan were hired they could declare war on a clan and that would make the clan red to them. There would be no SL hit.
When the war was over, then the war could be ended thus making that clan neutral again.
If the opposite faction clan wants to hire you they would not be able to. They would have to hire another CM clan who would have to declare war on the other CM clan thus making them red to their own faction.
This type of RP would be great and then everyone would know who they were fighting.
It should be stressed that being a CM does not mean you are a JERK. It means that you have a job to do as a Mercinary Faction Member.
If your not in a clan and your hired to kill 1 runner fine, declare war on that 1 runner.
At the same time tell them why you are declaring war on them / him/her. It will be known who you are working for so why hide it. ??
Does it mean you are enemies with the people you are hired to kill ?? NO. It means you are WORKING for someone and have a job to do. :D

Digital-Talios
29-04-05, 17:15
It will be a while before i have this merc clan running. In the mean time i think i will switch one of alts to CM to just see who will pk me...

When the clan comes online I will need to do massive public relations campaigns to let everyone know out intentions :p

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 19:13
remember kids... pvp is "griefing"

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 19:24
I'd respond to that, but I'm sure you have a response to easily counter it.

(I have no problem with 'griefers', yes they drive me mad with they way they act, but I'm not going to stop them out of hand, what I do want to do is try to make consequences for people actions.)

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 19:24
I'd respond to that, but I'm sure you have a response to easily counter it.

that tends to be the case ;)

besides... pvp is 100% consentual.

LE can stay in for ever and ever...

buddy list > clan chat for carebears

Street
01-05-05, 14:16
too many merc clans pk neuts, so as a clan policy to my clan in return to that, if the merc is not a friends alt - kill it

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 14:36
so as a clan policy to my clan in return to that, if the merc is not a friends alt - kill it

as i said to someone in a different thread.

the feeling is mutual

E. Cryton
01-05-05, 18:36
Your the carebear with your ncelite ^^

carebear was teh win win ...

he was :(

Vae Victis
01-05-05, 20:19
careturtles

Gundy
01-05-05, 21:22
Think one of the common things mercs do wrong is them claiming ops. They should never do that....
They need some sort of codex and stick to it, like not attacking anyone unless being paid for, and if so, tell them afterwards....

Greetings, Gundy

Hoernerice
01-05-05, 21:31
can u close the thread? its useless to diskuss when the person over wich ppl diskuss not get heard or noone is intrest what they think. (in this part we cms) thx

Heavyporker
01-05-05, 22:10
I'd admit that barring CityMercs from being able to own OPs would go a long way towards mixing things up.

But as a compensation, perhaps that, regardless of security settings, they should be able to get Outpost Bonus? (still can't gr in if OP is locked to them).

Dribble Joy
01-05-05, 22:27
CM not being able to hold OPs would go a long way in altering the way it works and how it's viewed by the other factions.

It would have to be followed up with a massive increase in mission and runner life-style changes though.

Hoernerice
01-05-05, 22:41
why cm shouldnt hold ops?

Vae Victis
01-05-05, 23:21
coz CM doesnt have good players

Digital-Talios
02-05-05, 16:11
through this post i have learned that Pro pk CM as much as DoY pks other DoY. I would see no difference between. being pro cm or doy. We all like to ally pk ourselves :(

Bugs Gunny
02-05-05, 16:31
The political situation right now is of such nature that it takes a true massochist to become CM.

Xylaz
02-05-05, 16:55
The political situation right now is of such nature that it takes a true massochist to become CM.

look at it this way: at least they dont have to worry about where to find a good fight... which, along with the current population values might be CM advantage

Gundy
03-05-05, 18:47
why cm shouldnt hold ops?

I would think that holding any op will make your potential clients become opponents. So it isn't a good thing to do when you are looking for the maximum number of clients, hence the maximum profit.

Greetings, Gundy

Doc Holliday
03-05-05, 19:09
coz CM doesnt have good players

rofl. interesting arguement. what is the current deal with the struggle for power then. i know res dogz is mercs but who else are the "in" clans and also who is active atm for op fights etc. ok slightly OT and please leave out the flames. im just curious. i might be lookin for a clan thats all.

RogerRamjet
03-05-05, 19:14
There are NC-Elite in Protopharm, Soldierz in Tangent, BLOOD in City Admin, FF and Paradox in Twilight Guardian, R2K and SSX in Fallen Angels and Dark in Crahn. Thats just from looking at the map, but im sure theres a few more clans that take OPs.

Jesterthegreat
03-05-05, 23:59
come on doc... its not about joining an "in" clan...

underdogs all the way...