vashtyphoon78
29-04-05, 01:16
no but i want too it looks cool.

CMaster
29-04-05, 03:12
Well, what did you think? And I trust you had a towel with you :P

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 03:16
Alas I just came from Uni and I was sans towel.

It's not stricktly true to the book, but it was screenplayed by Adams so it's still his work. They did miss out a few of the better jokes though.
Worst part was the girl playing Trillian.

Go see it though.

james_finn
29-04-05, 10:16
definatly worth going to see, I saw it last nite, and it was highly amusing, again didnt stick true to the original book, but tbh you couldnt convert all of the books into a 2 hour film :) What was changed seemed to fit the plot quite well, and I think douglas would have been pleased with what was released.

Delphi

CMaster
29-04-05, 13:04
To all those saying that it wasn't true to the books - it's kinda odd, but that is the whole point. Originally, the guide was a radio series. Then Adams was convinced to write the books - which flatly contradicted the radio series. There was also a TV series, which contradicted the other two forms in a lot of ways. In addition, there was a collection of vynil, CDs, etc reduced, one of which had a completely contradictory version of Radio series episode 5. And then there was the computer game, which contradicted everything else. If the movie didn't disagree with the books, I would be sorely e dissapointed.

athon
29-04-05, 13:35
If anyone hasn't yet (or even if you have - do it again) go play the text adventure - I think there's an online version on DNA's site, tho you'll most likely want the downloadable version you can get that allows you to save (you'll need it) - try playing it without using any hints first - absolutely brilliant game.

I'm hoping to get to see the movie this weekend.

Athon Solo

CMaster
29-04-05, 18:56
the movie was enjoyable - but just plain not funny enough. It was also too formulaic and had an annoyingly cheesy happy ending - not the bitter-sweet ones that the secitons of the Hitchiker series I always felt were best had.

Heavyporker
30-04-05, 18:49
About that hitchhikier game... I know there's an online one. lemme dig it up.

Heavyporker
30-04-05, 19:03
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml

That's the link to online HH game.

Jesterthegreat
30-04-05, 19:05
saw an advert on a bus stop... didnt realise it was bein remade.

but ill go see it. enjoyed books n old film ;)