PDA

View Full Version : [Merged]Patch 131 Notes

Thanatos
28-04-05, 14:15
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?id=98&lang=en&)

The servers will be down for approximately 2 hours.

mulle
28-04-05, 14:17
Sweet :D

Xylaz
28-04-05, 14:20
Military Base

- Military Base Sec-1 is now a Safezone which means you may no longer draw any weapons in the vicinity.

:confused: i hope this is a mistake... MB sector 2 maybe - CM HQ?

/edit/ ahh its the epic issue i'm guessing, but you could just move npcs to sector 1 instead...

Ultazha
28-04-05, 14:25
NICE :D

Looks really sweet ;)

Kuya
28-04-05, 14:26
NICE going :D except for the MB part!!

Obsidian X
28-04-05, 14:26
Can't wait to try this baby out.

Ultima drops increased, thats something everyone will enjoy. :D Though some won't be happy about the wiping of the XBow pistols I imagine :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 14:28
Thank you Thanatos

enigma_b17
28-04-05, 14:29
interesting, whats the story with these CM/NC/DoY Quests? What do you get by doing them etc?

netster
28-04-05, 14:32
nice! ty :)

- ion-crossbow wipe : the needed items for the mission didnt changed?
- ion-crossbow stats : more info pls :)
- Canyon Facility : it's finally an OP?
- DoY Alliance Quest : what will be the loot of the mission? :>
- broken world data : H_08 fixed?

erm ... nothing to do with the patch, but :
-when will doy be "repaired" after the attack?

ArthurDent2k
28-04-05, 14:32
Hey,no Spoiler plz...just wait those *checks watch* 90 Minutes and go explore ;)

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 14:33
The previous 'Ion Crossbow' Quest has been completely reworked and changed to a big run. Devlin Jones in the 'Twisters' in i_09 will be able to tell you more about this. Unfortunately all existing Crossbows need to be wiped to support the new quest.

In other words, too many were duped and now nobody has one left.... nice going KK.
How about fixing the overpowered AOE doy bot, so pro cities can actualy TRY to raid the dome.
No word on fixing the hacknet relog tag the node exploit. Fine, i'll log off my 5 hackers at op nodes and not even bother going in hacknet anymore.
What about the hacknet boss mob, and all the other content that was taken out due to not being complete or bugged?
Once more the dome side gets more advantages, which makes it plain obvious you guys have a great love for the dome side, and city is ... well, for the "inexperienced players starting out".

Are you guys serious? Is this THE great patch we had to wait for so long?
C'mon, admit it, you guys are all working on personal projects during KK hours.
I'm going on a massive pking spree tonight, to vent some anger, adn then install my copy of twilight war.

enigma_b17
28-04-05, 14:35
I feel alot of people will be going down the road of installing something else soon enough bugs :P

aKe`cj
28-04-05, 14:36
...which makes it plain obvious you guys have a great love for the dome side, and city is ... well, for the "inexperienced players starting out"....

you gotta luv it... 100% pure comedy! keep it up dude! :lol:

System
28-04-05, 14:36
not bad, new shit (missions). Something new to do i guess

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 14:37
The previous 'Ion Crossbow' Quest has been completely reworked and changed to a big run. Devlin Jones in the 'Twisters' in i_09 will be able to tell you more about this. Unfortunately all existing Crossbows need to be wiped to support the new quest.

In other words, too many were duped and now nobody has one left.... nice going KK.
How about fixing the overpowered AOE doy bot, so pro cities can actualy TRY to raid the dome.
No word on fixing the hacknet relog tag the node exploit. Fine, i'll log off my 5 hackers at op nodes and not even bother going in hacknet anymore.
What about the hacknet boss mob, and all the other content that was taken out due to not being complete or bugged?
Once more the dome side gets more advantages, which makes it plain obvious you guys have a great love for the dome side, and city is ... well, for the "inexperienced players starting out".

I'm going on a massive pking spree tonight, to vent some anger, adn then install my copy of twilight war.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

[TgR]KILLER
28-04-05, 14:37
Looks like a awsome patch.. hehe knew that xbows were gonna get whiped.. lucky i din't buy one myself hehe.

looks like they put up alot of stuff back now.. can't wait to get back ingame.

LOST
28-04-05, 14:40
laughs and cries about xbows :p

glad to see the chat channels changed by default too....looks a good patch alright

enigma_b17
Unfortunately all existing Crossbows need to be wiped to support the new quest

dare i ask if theres any sign of compensating people? I mean people who did the run would ave taken a long time to kill those warbots, get the slot enhancers and the parts etc, which would ave taken at least a couple of hours, and In one quick swoop ur wiping all the work. This is one sign of where KK's customer service falls down desperately.

Obsidian X
NCPD is open after nearly 2 years.....whooooo :D

bi0
28-04-05, 14:41
im not so happy about the patch as you are
TBH KK SORT THE FUCKING GAME OUT instead of changing shit which dont effect 98% of players anyway.
fucking ridiculous

ArthurDent2k
28-04-05, 14:43
Peepz,why not take a look at the Patch in action before flaming it down? Why so negative? Not everything goes badly in Neocron :D :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hrhr,except my English maybe :angel:

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 14:43
patch available for download now ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

enigma_b17
28-04-05, 14:46
Peepz,why not take a look at the Patch in action before flaming it down? Why so negative? Not everything goes badly in Neocron :D :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hrhr,except my English maybe :angel:

past experience....
kk following a trend of neglecting customers....
need i go on?

yes there has been an improvement over the last few months.

netster
28-04-05, 14:47
kk following a trend of neglecting customers.... u mean the sledge-hammer-thingys?

Vulture
28-04-05, 14:48
Military Base

- Military Base Sec-1 is now a Safezone which means you may no longer draw any weapons in the vicinity.

sex U!!!

numb
28-04-05, 14:48
Are the starter missions only available to people who create new players now or will they be spawned in all starter apartments (so my low level character can use them)?

netster
28-04-05, 14:49
Are the starter missions only available to people who create new players now or will they be spawned in all starter apartments (so my low level character can use them)?
get a rpos-reset bug and i will try to shoot the Mr in my appy :D

RogerRamjet
28-04-05, 14:52
Good patch, except for the x-bow wipe, ive just frigging bought one.

Tantta
28-04-05, 14:55
huhuh im so glad i didnt buy a xbow yet, because i was just about to :lol:
good to have a patch tho.

numb
Outzone

- All Outzone sectors except for 'Outzone Station' have been re-classified as Hunting Grounds.

Is there any reason or point to this? [edit: I imagine there must be, but I havent played since NC1 and in NC2 I've had no troubles hunting in OZ]

Capt. Rik
Pretty dissapointed with the patch - if this is all the new stuff for Int. Release then i'll be posting a leaving thread very soon.

Dykie
28-04-05, 14:56
Disabled OOC chat channel by default, enabled faction and alliance channels by default for new clients -

KK realy listen to what ppl say ;) nice surprise

CMaster
28-04-05, 14:57
Damn. Wish I hadn't traded an ultima for an xbow. AH well, Ultima drop wasnt that bad before (the last 3 times done DoY tunnel level 3, got at least one ultima, despite the fucking bugged bot)

trigger hurt
28-04-05, 14:59
I must have missed it. Where is "Item Tracking" on that list?

[TgR]KILLER
28-04-05, 15:00
some people smelled a patch and xbow whipe comming.. they sold all their xbows for big cash :p i always knew they were gonna get whiped for reasons known to most.. so never bought one.

Dribble Joy
28-04-05, 15:02

ARG!!!
NO NO NO NO NO!

ffs.... >_<

Neocron Subway

- The Security system in the Neocron Subway has been deactivated and the Copbot presence has been increased to compensate.

This is good.

trigger hurt
28-04-05, 15:02
KILLER']some people smelled a patch and xbow whipe comming.. they sold all their xbows for big cash :p i always knew they were gonna get whiped for reasons known to most.. so never bought one.

Yeah, but I wonder if KK actually tested the run for the xbow or did they try to impliment it on the fly like they did for the terminator run before they decided to give up and make it into a rare tech drop.

LOST
28-04-05, 15:05
I must have missed it. Where is "Item Tracking" on that list?
hmm....
this isnt the retail patch so expected then....or not all of it :confused:

Capt. Rik
28-04-05, 15:07
hmm....
this isnt the retail patch so expected then....or not all of it :confused:

let's hope there's more...soon!

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 15:09
As long as they don't fix the way people are "making" xbows, they'll have to whipe stuff every odd patch.

An i can see some veterans are wondering where all the "let's lure em all into nc2 with promises of item tracking, stability and graphics" patchnotes are.

So far we have... a memory leak we didn't have in nc1, a few models turned into dx9, that is if you can use dx9 without losing a lot of sightrange and being fucked byt the mem leak, and..... stability... yes... well, can i tell you FRE 2-3 times a night? (half the times it's when i'm opening the hud windows)

What happened to hacknet? It's one big boring place with bugged mobs and exploits.
Item tracking? I doubt they'll ever get that working right.
Player stores? Nope, they just let people get used to doing it this way and let it die a quiet death.

Seriously, instead of constantly praising your own product on how wonderfull it is and how proud you are of it, you guys should take a critical look at it, and then compare it to the currently released games.
Then ask yourselves the question: "Is our product worth the high price?"

unreal
28-04-05, 15:12
Nicely said Bugs Gunny.

Good patch, except for the x-bow wipe, ive just frigging bought one.
Nice waste of that 4million :D lol

Skusty
28-04-05, 15:15
Cheers!!!Patch :D Love the Xbow thing, and a big patch :D :D

Selendor
28-04-05, 15:17
While slightly sceptical that we will need a hotfix very soon (hence I will log on with care later), it is pleasing to see a substantial patch after so long. The new content for high level players is good to see, but please please tell me the reward items actually work...otherwise its just a Ceres Disk timesink.

A word on the status of Item Tracking would be appreciated by many I think.

Good to see more bug fixes too.

Does someone want to create a newbie char and tell us what has changed in-game?

Digital-Talios
28-04-05, 15:25

some are never satisfied

Yelly
28-04-05, 15:30
Does not matter what KK implement or fix.
There are always disappointed ppl.
As far as I see it is good that a new patch is out and hope
by this patch there are more to come to solve some more problems.

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 15:32
Oops - guess I got a bit owned there :)
And no trolling!=freedom of speech

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 15:37
Digital, when i first started playing neocron in november 2003, i thought the same thing about the people complaining on the forums. But when you've been through what those guys and the people who came after them have gone through in nc1, you'll start thinking more and more like them.

Don't get me wrong, NC is an awesome game in its concept and ideas, but it still needs a lot of work, and has needed that work done since nc1. So many things that are more important than new content have not been looked at.
Honestly, a new subscriber is not going to care about "oh, TG canyon has changed". No, they'll be too bussy discovering the game and leveling up the first two three months.
He will however notice losing his items due to bugs, getting a customer support email "we don't replace anything". He will notice his free ram melting like butter under a hot sun. He will notice the constant fre's and having to log in 10 times before he can play.

bi0
28-04-05, 15:38
aahahaha capt you legend
i wonder when well get a patch that makes the game better (!!?!?!?)

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 15:50
Bugs, yeah I know how it is - I first subscibed to NC in Jan 2002. This game has a way of wearing you down - hence people take beaks.

I too got tired and disgruntled. The difference between you and I -I tried to post constructively or not at all. I may be wasting my e-breath here but, why post an angry rant about something that you haven't even played? Maybe those high level quests will actually be fun and item tracking, etc will arrive in a separate package. This patch is adding a lot of miscellanea as it is.

Some fail to understand how depressing and off-putting their posts are to people who might be reading them - this does not help to build a healthy and happy community.

I just wish people didn't use this forum as their personal toilet. Bejesus it's getting nearly as bad as the Steam fora :(

enigma_b17
28-04-05, 15:54
ill agree with u there scanner, ive done my fair share of ranting....

as far as the patch its a good patch apart from that xbow wipe with no replacement.

Heavyporker
28-04-05, 15:57
Some small but quite significant changes, guys. Item tracking aside...

Oh, and for you that doesn't think that KK listens....

- Changed Drugs to use Medical Substances in their build lists.

- Disabled OOC chat channel by default, enabled faction and alliance channels by default for new clients

KK DOES LISTEN!

Anyways, MB sec 1 may make combat characters weep and wail, but this is a godsend for new/mid level players. Not to mention, it will make tradeskillers eye Military Base as a place to set up shop. Large leveling population there makes the prospect of selling appropriate items like imps, armor, and weapons very profitable. The Blackhawk Brothers recognized this early on and set up shop there. They're part of my economic clan, and as such, has all of my support behind him.

Pepper Park getting a makeover? Guys, what does this smell like to you? http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=124700 for my earlier thoughts. This really, really worries me. I'll try to log in and scout around immediately, but I fear the worst.

It's good that the CON Center and NCPD is opening up after SOOOooo long. Is the Zoo far behind?

Let's say that I'll ride the subway with far more trepidation now.

Anyhoo, this is heavyporker signing off.

LOST
28-04-05, 16:02
when you've lived it...you cant help but be sceptical and bitchy...its the sci-punk, post apoc theme that makes us this way.

it does, and has needed a lot of work....but the small twindling of credit where its due --> the game stability, server and client have improved.

a newbie wont even know of tg canyon (we know its tg canyon, not the old canyon) what it was, is and should be... thats why the newbie experience has been revised (dont know what its like-cant find out)

item tracking is done...or we were told it is...i remember...it wasnt a dream..
-the support when something goes to a bug is right on really...but is anoying and distressing.

cant comment on the mem leak...using dx7 and dont notice anything

and having to log in several times to get out off perma sync or 50/80 also needs some attention..not sure if this was patched to make it better, but at one point i needed upto 8 relogs...not so often now..but logging in 3 times just to play is silly.

fre's, vc++ have reduced hugely from nc1...you all knows it !!
yes they still happen and shouldnt really.

INV. bugs making you have to relog after you cant put your imp in because its really your PA..and your large tendon you trew on the floor is really your herc need to be addressed. its beyond funny...(unless you do it in your appy and dont lose anything)

the high level content is a god send...there are lots of people (i reckon) with capped (or near) chars with all the imps/weps they need and want with nothing to do. this patch addresses some of that. its a good patch for us.

but wheres the quad eh ? the item tracking and more quests, forbid new mobs models and skins. think somepeople are just trying to be objective....(kinda hard to do)

good patch though.

Brammers
28-04-05, 16:03
Ok, can't read the whole thread as the work proxy filter is having problems with people swearing or something, so excuse me if I say anything that looks like I’m repeating something that someone has already posted.

The bug fix part of the patch notes, is way too short IMHO, things missing include.

- No mention of the Crahn and City Admin epics being fixed.
- No mention of the hacknet mobs damage being fixed.

But by far the biggest omission is...

Item tracking – Where is it?

unreal
28-04-05, 16:15
Some fail to understand how depressing and off-putting their posts are to people who might be reading them - this does not help to build a healthy and happy community.
If you don't like what you're reading, stop reading it. We have to complain and put our points across if anything is to be changed or thought about in more detail. Patch 131 fixes and adds a couple of things that should either be already there or not bugged to begin with, but it doesn't really affect the things that are most important... cough.. memory leaks, etc. If people don't like it, they should go somewhere else, like the masses of people who have because of these reasons. C2P adds a big "ugh, screw that" factor as well.

athon
28-04-05, 16:16
Wow - I've been able to remove all of ONE item from the pending list in my sig (English Manual). Good going KK!

<singing track="There may be trouble ahead (Face the music & dance)" artist="unknown" />

Athon Solo

Sakletare
28-04-05, 16:18
Item tracking – Where is it?
It's slowly turning into a parody. First the whole of Neocron2 was postponed with the motivation that they had decided to implement item tracking, then it was supposed to come together with international release, but still nowhere to be found.

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 16:26
I'm still looking for the NC2 as described at the end of NC1.
I paid for the product three times, and i just can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.

Momo Katzius
28-04-05, 16:32
Haha...the long playing english gamers think like me. Nice to read.

Mr Kot
28-04-05, 16:40
whats the story with these CM/NC/DoY Quests? What do you get by doing them etc?

Just try them and see :) As the patch notes suggested, take a good ppu with you (or several)

Changed Drugs to use Medical Substances in their build lists.

SEX!! Finally ProtoPharm employees with the necessary symp get some use again :D

imper1um
28-04-05, 16:46
Hopefully, it means
"MultiLink Software is worth getting again."
"Turrets level 40 cause Level 40 Damage, not Level 150 Damage."
"They didn't nerf the softwares."

Imper1um

Original monk
28-04-05, 16:48
patch is ok imo .. xcept for the xbows (refering to my post in the "sry" thread) (edit: dont bother looking it got removed ..)

good they wipe em tough ..

i also like the fact that ultima's drop more .. 4 full caves every bot hacked and having 1 laserblade ultima isnt all that ... tough it gave an extra exclusiveness to em, made em worth more :)

still ultima's are needed sooo much .. no use in making em to rare .. so good job :)

i have to go into hacknet myself to check out what changed in there :)

-> last small question tough: i heard a rumour about a NPC wich give you a mission wich if you complete it let you have 1 clip of spirit SH ammo (people said it would work with the SSH's from NC1 wich i tought they removed the mod but hey) ... i wouldnt believe it but its better to ask if someone knows sumthing about this .. would be cool ya know :) (i have 1 modless but not nameless ssh sniper left from NC1 you see, would be intresting to know) i wouldnt be suprised if this was yust a rumour or a way to hide out even worse .. person said you couldnt clone or recycle ... i never seen an actual clip in NC2 tough

silver talon
28-04-05, 17:03
hn is worse lol the multilink software doesn't seem to have changed. All they have done is reduce the damage of the non multilink stuff my damage from it has dropped from 360 to 123 (60/60 mobs). The mobs are hitting a lot harder as well or the heal and sheilds have been changed :(

Tyr
28-04-05, 17:04
Threads merged.

Please keep all patch discussion in this thread.

L3Ts3L
28-04-05, 17:23
Patch is nice!! Just woc and rokkwear, and im a happy runner.

trigger hurt
28-04-05, 17:33
I just find it hard to beleive that it's been this long since the last client/server patch to add this little. International Release was supposed to have already happened. If the date changed for it, the only update we received was Nid saying it's been pushed back a few weeks while working on a rating for the game. No update about what the game is rated.

There's been some ad's for the game in magazines from what I've gathered on the forums. There's been some scathing reviews of the game that do not boad well for its success in the UK market.

My gripe is that we, the people who are already paying for the game, were promised certain features coming up on 6 months ago. Those features are supposedly done, but not enabled. We've had themeweeks pushed back and postponed first for the asian market release and now the international release. What is happening with the asian market? Is the game already running for them? Where is an update on the International Release?

The idea is to set realistically attainable goals. Giving yourself some room to be able to release the game nearly on time. It's over a month past the original date given by the community representative of KK, yet we get spoonfed little morsels here and there to keep us interested.

All I want is KK to give me a reason to reactivate my other 2 accounts and cancel my AO subscription.

landofcake
28-04-05, 17:53
YESSSSS

i truly love you guys sometimes ... time for a crossbow 8)

I've been waiting for this 8)

Heavyporker
28-04-05, 18:10
Man! The Neocron City mission locations look AWESOME! The Ghost City Sector in particular. THAT... is what a city in ruins look like! That sector fucking owned!

I can't wait to look in on the other locations and try the missions.

Pepper park seems safe, but I'm very sad that Pepper Pub is no more.

And the shooting gallery has basically been deleted.

They're right, though, what the hell happened to Item Tracking? If this is supposed to be the INT release content, where's the item tracking? And This is the CRUCIAL POINT - IF ITEM TRACKING WORKS< AND PEOPLE SUBMIT REPORTS OF ITEMS BEING LOST< WILL THE ITEM BE REPLACED?

LiL T
28-04-05, 18:11
Not bad not bad at all, the mb I'm a bit sad that it will no longer be raidable but it was most likely for the best =/

New high lvl quests very pleased with this infact one of the reasons I stopped playing is not having much to do apart from lvling or PVP, more of this is needed KK.

Subway no longer a safe zone copbots added to compensate ummm how many copbots I hate them damn things o_O

Xbows getting wiped argh you see if item tracking had been in place you could have banned them F**K's :mad: or maybe item tracking is in place and some people will be getting banned.

It is a tasty looking patch but what about

Memory leaks FFS how long ...
Item tracking is important people are sick of losing shit
WoC skills
Player shops
rokkwear
Vehical bugs
50/50 sycs when you try to log in
FRE's which are likely to be linked to memory leaks since I don't get any if I relog!

Apart from that it is good :)

LOST
28-04-05, 18:11
just run around most of the newbie quest areas in doy and was so excited...its been a long time since something was properly new...and they're awesome.

log in later and try to stilletto 800 fire mobs to death on ppu for high level quest now >.<

also....tg canyon is back and sexiful ! cool.
-so its missing things...upset, fine...but nice patch ;)

BradSTL
28-04-05, 18:16
Undocumented Change #1: The bartenders at Dome of York City Center are bartenders now, not all-buyers like they were before. I understand why this was done, but it really aggravates me. Why? Because the Yo's Pawn Shop in sector 7, my home sector, is still down (contrary to the patch notes from patch 126), and until today the City Center snack bar was the nearest all-buyer to me. This moves the nearest all-buyer another couple of dozen meters away, a minor aggravation. (Speaking of patch 126, the new MC5 vendors mentioned in patch 126 haven't been implemented yet, either. So much for making the beginner experience better.)

Undocumented Change #2: Read 'em and weep, pro-Reza scum! There are now Dome of York guards at the Fallen Angels sector 03 public genrep. Bwa ha hah. Long, long overdue.

http://infamousbrad.com/ncpatch131-shot01.jpg

Undocumented Change #3: I found this in Dome of York abandoned sector 05. There are no NPCs or doors anywhere near it, so I don't think it's part of the profession quests. I have no idea what it's for, but it looks cool.

http://infamousbrad.com/ncpatch131-shot02.jpg

Overview: NEXT Quad

The mission for this was a pain in the neck, because Navray routed me through two sectors in which Navray doesn't work at all. And oh my god, I forgot what a pain it is to run the whole length of the Dome and back with only 2 in ATH and 0 in AGL. Still, it only took me about an hour and a half to run all four missions of the beginner Driver mission. For that hour and a half of running around (and killing about a dozen level 1 to 3 spiders), it paid me 3000 credits, gave me 3000 XP in both DEX and INT, and gave me this:

http://infamousbrad.com/ncpatch131-shot03.jpg

Name: NEXT Quad. Requirements: INT 7, VHC 17. How is it? Sweeeeet. Oh, my god, you have no idea. It may, and I repeat may be just slightly slower than a Hovertec, and it corners just as fast and climbs every bit as well. And after driving it for about half an hour, I pulled into an ASG, parked it, and checked the Repair status. Cost to repair: ZERO.

I have yet to find out if it can be blueprinted, or what happens if you blow one up. I'm in no particular hurry to try that last part, you understand.

This version is completely unarmed; from above you can see the empty socket on the back where the gun mount would be. Has anybody found out where the combat quad is sold, for how much, and what its requirements are?

nobby
28-04-05, 18:18
i remembernce reading that HN mob damage has been balanced...Bullshit!
Tried those dungeons and he still hit like hell :mad:

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 18:20
This is it?

THIS IS IT?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED ALMOST 3 MONTHS FOR?!?!?

- Wheres the work done on Fatal Runtime Errors?

- Wheres the work done on the various Synchronization problems?

- Wheres the Hacknet Boss that you broke your own game with, over 6 months ago......

My, fucking, god. Neocron is fucking doomed.

trigger hurt
28-04-05, 18:21
Overview: NEXT Quad

The mission for this was a pain in the neck, because Navray routed me through two sectors in which Navray doesn't work at all. And oh my god, I forgot what a pain it is to run the whole length of the Dome and back with only 2 in ATH and 0 in AGL. Still, it only took me about an hour and a half to run all four missions of the beginner Driver mission. For that hour and a half of running around (and killing about a dozen level 1 to 3 spiders), it paid me 3000 credits, gave me 3000 XP in both DEX and INT, and gave me this:

http://infamousbrad.com/ncpatch131-shot03.jpg

Requirements: INT 7, VHC 17. How is it? Sweeeeet. Oh, my god, you have no idea. It may, and I repeat may be just slightly slower than a Hovertec, and it corners just as fast and climbs every bit as well. And after driving it for about half an hour, I pulled into an ASG, parked it, and checked the Repair status. Cost to repair: ZERO.

I have yet to find out if it can be blueprinted, or what happens if you blow one up. I'm in no particular hurry to try that last part, you understand.

This version is completely unarmed; from above you can see the empty socket on the back where the gun mount would be. Has anybody found out where the combat quad is sold, for how much, and what its requirements are?

I do like the looks of the quad, but it does need a gun in the back.

BradSTL
28-04-05, 18:24
Oh get over yourself, Mav. No, this isn't a major bug-fix patch. No, this isn't the final patch of Hacknet Theme Weeks. And you aren't entitled to whine and cry and throw a tantrum about these things, because they didn't promise you either of them. This is, as was originally promised, a major content push. What's more, while they screwed up the delivery date, they for once under-promised and over-delivered; there's new major high level content that wasn't even hinted at.

Why don't you find an MMPORG that's bug free and that delivers all its key features in days rather than months, and on the way out not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you? Oh, I know why. Because there aren't any.

trigger hurt
28-04-05, 18:30
Why don't you find an MMPORG that's bug free and that delivers all its key features in days rather than months, and on the way out not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you? Oh, I know why. Because there aren't any.

True enough. Funcom had to bring the servers down twice to issue hotfixes for low and high level quests for peices of armor that weren't working as well as a quest for a new pet for one of the professions. Bugs are everywhere, just some games have a few more of them than they can afford :p

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 18:33
Oh get over yourself, Mav. No, this isn't a major bug-fix patch. No, this isn't the final patch of Hacknet Theme Weeks. And you aren't entitled to whine and cry and throw a tantrum about these things, because they didn't promise you either of them. This is, as was originally promised, a major content push. What's more, while they screwed up the delivery date, they for once under-promised and over-delivered; there's new major high level content that wasn't even hinted at.

I'm sorry were you talking to me? Cause all I hear is someone trying to say I cannot speak my peace. I pay my fees just like you Brad, and as such I'll say what I want when I want unless deemed not by an admin/mod/GM.

It's a content patch, wow. Nice. If it's content wheres the Item Tracking they promised for the International Release? (oh I know, another patch when it happens right?) Wheres that Hacknet Boss they left sitting on the sideline for over half a year now? All this is content, yet failed delivered content.

And as said, this is the only mmo in this genre. Unless they speed up making Star Trek Online to this year, I'm here to stay.

J J
28-04-05, 18:38
Gotta say not happy about the canyon change. I take it thats still the only place you can get inqui armour?....

Genty
28-04-05, 18:53
Rarr rarr rarr, perhaps they only implemented what they have tested and that fully works. No mention here of other things have been mentioned so perhaps more testing is needed? Niddy comments required.

As for item tracking, well, better be in or been in soon or some shit will start to fly (more than it already does)

Looks to me that newbie experience has improved 10 fold.

Digital-Talios
28-04-05, 18:53
The bugs in this game are murder. I played for a year then got burned out on them. I took a year and half break and came back. Its so FUNNY how I am now experiencing the same bugs. I recently took a three day break and came back. It was more fun and enjoyable after I am came back.

Neocron IS the best game out on the "market" It blows away all others. If the game would stabalize some the fun factor would go up by 100% I am sure of that.

I can say this because I have played over a dozen MMORPGs. Most recent being Matrix Online. NC has many things going for it. I only hope they stick to what has made them great and fix the things that hold them back.

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 19:15
If you don't like what you're reading, stop reading it. We have to complain and put our points across if anything is to be changed or thought about in more detail. Patch 131 fixes and adds a couple of things that should either be already there or not bugged to begin with, but it doesn't really affect the things that are most important... cough.. memory leaks, etc. If people don't like it, they should go somewhere else, like the masses of people who have because of these reasons. C2P adds a big "ugh, screw that" factor as well.

I am 100% for constructive, thought out criticism. This is why we use these forums, to let KK know our opinions, what direction we would like the game to develop in, what bugs are pissing us off, etc.

What went on in the post I was refering to had nothing but adolescent, destructive, petty, angry (angry about a fucking computer game :rolleyes: ) and frankly irrelevant ranting. Just read my post in the context it was intended in please.

I think it would detract from the community and these forums if people were NOT TO SPEAK THEIR MIND. But there's also such a thing as self-censure and common sense. Unless you RP a useless punk even on here in a PATCHNOTES thread.

It's a content patch, wow. Nice. If it's content wheres the Item Tracking they promised for the International Release? (oh I know, another patch when it happens right?) Wheres that Hacknet Boss they left sitting on the sideline for over half a year now? All this is content, yet failed delivered content.

Dear forum member, last I heard this was a patch released IN ADVANCE of the International Release, the date for which has not been firmly set. Another patch with item tracking is probably waiting on the test server...

zii
28-04-05, 19:17
Outzone
- All Outzone sectors except for 'Outzone Station' have been re-classified as Hunting Grounds.

Yeah, ernm great. This was my huntiung ground. I wanted to use this to kill any pro-city high level players that tried to disrupt loyal Crahn members from reaching their Church in the Outzone. Grrr.

Neocron Subway
- The Security system in the Neocron Subway has been deactivated and the Copbot presence has been increased to compensate.
Grrr. no more free transit for anti-city. I hope those CopBoats cannot target you in the train carridges?

athon
28-04-05, 19:19

Part of the problem is that, yet again, this is not as promised. This is new stuff that's been invented SINCE the (web) release of NC2. I've only been able to remove one thing from my sig list of pending features promised for NC2, and that was the English Manual, which wasn't part of this patch.

Yes, changes to the game to make it more newbie friendly are welcome - but runners only spend a few days max in MC5 - they spend much longer outside and there's some feature integral to MMORPG's which are missing from Neocron - namely things like player shops and the ability to change your clothes / look.

Athon Solo

msdong
28-04-05, 19:20
The Guardians are back in the Twilight Canyon !!!!! woooooooh
that is the the best news from the patch. The Arena looks cool, even there could have been more seats around it.

maybe some ladders in the TGHQ ;) and whoever build the tunnel inside wasn't an master miner.

thx KK and please dont let us wait that long again.

http://www.twilight-guardian.info/images/guardianreturn/GuardianReturn1tn.jpg

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 19:41
presumably item tracking is "on track"... but kk has changed where "on track" refers to...

:rolleyes:

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 19:49
Dunno about the patch, but I have not been able to play since the patch. My client exits to windows with no warning after about 20 sec. (Everytime) Done the reboot, ect, ect. Worked fine last night.

Might as well create an English Patch bug thread.

Seven
28-04-05, 19:52
Heh, poor Mav. It's sad really, because I was posting stuff like that over two years ago.

Mav, get use to it bro and just go with the flow.
This is the way things have and always will be with this game.

I just try to figure out ways to enjoy what the game is and when I get frustrated I log off.

It's not worth that big knot in my stomach that I used to get. ;)

Tostino
28-04-05, 20:00
dare i ask if theres any sign of compensating people? I mean people who did the run would ave taken a long time to kill those warbots, get the slot enhancers and the parts etc, which would ave taken at least a couple of hours, and In one quick swoop ur wiping all the work. This is one sign of where KK's customer service falls down desperately.
I agree, I spent 3 mill on my 2 xbows and now they are just gona be gone? that is fucked up. Oh and I don't think that people "duped" the xbows, when i was DoY tunneling in I09 I went to the gogo and on the way back I see a few people standing in the tower that was put there to cover up that NPC.

I love most of the patch though. So anyone know how hard it is to builld drugs now?

Doc Holliday
28-04-05, 20:00
Dunno about the patch, but I have not been able to play since the patch. My client exits to windows with no warning after about 20 sec. (Everytime) Done the reboot, ect, ect. Worked fine last night.

Nice patch.

/me waves at bozz (sorry for ot)

Brammers
28-04-05, 20:22
Can we have a bugs thread please!

Bugs:-

- MC5 You can enter the MC5 Hackworld without using the hacktool. But you can't leave!
- MC5 Hacknet - killing self, lets you GR to your apartment.

Sakletare
28-04-05, 20:28

I had that bug too. But just once and the same second that my character logged in, not 20 sec after. It worked fine when i restarted NC though.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 20:30
I have tried with different accounts and different chars, no luck.

Dr Strange
28-04-05, 20:43
the Quad is currently bugged

it has no sounds, whatsoever

even after restarting the client, relogging and synching into different zones

confirmed by several other people

its neat to look at but it kinda gets dull with no sound

athon
28-04-05, 20:44

The likely reason is that your firewall has detected the binary has changed. Make sure to re-enable Neocron on your (Windows) firewall. This may be done through a pop-up that comes up (go into the launcher -> settings -> hardware and switch to windowed mode) - or there may be a method to select executables allowed to access the network manually - consult your firewalls help files for details.

Athon Solo

paolo escobar
28-04-05, 20:47
bonus patch, shame about mil base. subway might be fun now.
lots of little things in there, which is nice cos they still go towards makin the BIG picture
Just made a new char so mr jones, here i come :)
OH and fkin gutted about ma bow :mad:

athon
28-04-05, 20:49
bonus patch, shame about mil base. subway might be fun now.
lots of little things in there, which is nice cos they still go towards makin the BIG picture
Just made a new char so mr jones, here i come :)
OH and fkin gutted about ma bow :mad:
It's the KK way - put in hard to get items that are really good - spirit mods & ammo, kami chips and now xbows included - then take them out completely (and replace with something else).

Athon Solo

BradSTL
28-04-05, 20:54
The zone changes I've seen before all feel a little weird to me.

Red Pepper Bar: Am I the only one who thinks that the two dancers on outdoor stages look wrong, somehow out of character for Neocron City?

Outzone = Hunting Zone: I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, because I really can't predict how many people are going to be willing to sacrifice SL. I'm all in favor of having more places to level, but I really can't wrap my head around the idea that we need more "hunting zones" in terms of security settings. You may remember I argued a few months ago that we should probably eliminate the whole "hunting zone" security level now that there's no sane reason for a beginning character to take their LE chip out. And since so few of them do, this change is only going to affect characters at level 35 and up, mostly -- and it doesn't sit well with me to be running around in an area with no cops and being told I'll be a terrorist if I kill my enemies there. It just feels wrong, out of character somehow.

Screaming Horse Agency on the Subway Platforms: Boy, I really hate this one. Here I was as recently as day before yesterday telling people that there were plenty of opportunities for PVP, that city security wasn't as tight as people thought it was on either side of the wastelands. Locking anti-city out of the subways altogether, that's harsh.

Military Base, Backwards? First of all, as abso-freaking-lutely huge as MB sectors 2 and 3 are, I can't believe you couldn't fit in the profession mission areas. That's just unbelieveable, and it's a total kick in the teeth to the CityMercs. Secondly, I can't wrap my head around what you were thinking by making MB1 a safezone, and not MB2 instead. Making MB1 a safezone feels weird, not least of which because now the only full-service shopping area in the game in a safezone is MB1. Somehow, I never really thought of the Base as a mall, or of the CityMercs as mall rent-a-cops, but I guess that's what they are now? And contrariwise, this still leaves the CityMercs as the only faction in the game who don't have a safezone for their HQ.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 20:58
The likely reason is that your firewall has detected the binary has changed. Make sure to re-enable Neocron on your (Windows) firewall. This may be done through a pop-up that comes up (go into the launcher -> settings -> hardware and switch to windowed mode) - or there may be a method to select executables allowed to access the network manually - consult your firewalls help files for details.

Athon Solo

Client.exe is generating errors. Put my ticket in 6 hours ago.

SovKhan
28-04-05, 21:04
just a quick bug that you should all be aware of:

the noobie mc5 hacknet entry allows you to go in, but you cannot get out of it. so if you go in you have to die and go to your appartment.

zii
28-04-05, 21:04
I wonder if they want to remove pvp from the game entirely. Just phase it out bit by bit until noone notices. Put the guards here and there. Make other areas hunting zones. Make CM a safe zone. Make the HQs a safe zone. Put 120/120 para-shock guards by all the GenReps so there is no point... blah blah blah. Two years from now there will be no LE implant as such, because it will always be active.

Danger, who needs it in here when one has it everytime you open your frontdoor out there.

Yeah, I'm grumpy.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-04-05, 21:22
GOOD NEWS: Got it figured out, my client will not crash as long as I don't try to walk, type something or touch my keyboard.

BAD NEWS: My client will crash if I try to walk, type something, or touch my keyboard.

Selendor
28-04-05, 21:24
In-game forums seem a lot quicker. Whether this is due to the bug fix or due to the 2 hour downtime resetting some things I don't know.

Faction Forum for instance works quick and wasn't crashing as much.

Scanner Darkly
28-04-05, 21:32
In-game forums seem a lot quicker. Whether this is due to the bug fix or due to the 2 hour downtime resetting some things I don't know.

Faction Forum for instance works quick and wasn't crashing as much.

Yeah I also noticed this. The whole citycom/RN interface seems speedier and less like stirring molasses with a stick...

There are reports of mysterious items "requirement free Stealth" and "hybrid PA" among other things. What is going on with that? Is it comedy night in Neocron?

Xylaz
28-04-05, 21:42
Military Base, Backwards?
(...)
And contrariwise, this still leaves the CityMercs as the only faction in the game who don't have a safezone for their HQ.

its probably because CM epic requires to kill npcs who are in CM HQ, but it would be more logical to just move npcs...

naimex
28-04-05, 22:13
Neocron Subway

does this mean that hovercabs can be destroyed again?

EDIT:

Undocumented Change #2: Read 'em and weep, pro-Reza scum! There are now Dome of York guards at the Fallen Angels sector 03 public genrep. Bwa ha hah. Long, long overdue.

http://infamousbrad.com/ncpatch131-shot01.jpg

They´ve been there each time I´ve been there... so no change for me there...

EDIT 2:

When are you done with the last scripts for the zoo npcs ?

and when will you have the last couple of display-windows filled with animals?

Darkener
28-04-05, 23:09
does this mean that hovercabs can be destroyed again?

EDIT:

They´ve been there each time I´ve been there... so no change for me there...

EDIT 2:

When are you done with the last scripts for the zoo npcs ?

and when will you have the last couple of display-windows filled with animals?

Like to see the bastards chase me into the nob zone

Clobber
28-04-05, 23:53
The upcoming patch is a doozy as it will encompass all of the little sneak peeks we've been dropping in the last few months. I'd say that it's the biggest content change we've ever had (after DoY itself of course). There's some genuinely surprising stuff in there...

:lol: :D

KK surprises suck and btw is this the patch that the magazines should have waited for before reviewing nc2 ? :rolleyes:

Dirus
28-04-05, 23:59
- No mention of the Crahn and City Admin epics being fixed.

- No mention of the hacknet mobs damage being fixed.CA & CS Epics are fixed, I'd edit the patch notes if I could but I can't.

Hacknet's mobs are being difficult and require a bit more "coaxing". When they're done a capped play should be able to solo around 3 lvl 60's, or 2 lvl80-90ish mobs at the same time, above that and you'd only be able to either take on 1 at a time or need help to beat a single one. I.e. Bosses will require Teams to beat. That fix will be ingame asap as its an ongoing issue bring working on.

Siygess
29-04-05, 00:20
Well, I must confess: I am impressed with the quality of the noob missions so far, and I particularly appreciate the number of small maps that have been added to support these missions.

Nice job.

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 01:01
CA & CS Epics are fixed, I'd edit the patch notes if I could but I can't.

Hacknet's mobs are being difficult and require a bit more "coaxing". When they're done a capped play should be able to solo around 3 lvl 60's, or 2 lvl80-90ish mobs at the same time, above that and you'd only be able to either take on 1 at a time or need help to beat a single one. I.e. Bosses will require Teams to beat. That fix will be ingame asap as its an ongoing issue bring working on.

Lupus, my hacknet spy did 322 dammage to a 60/60 and now does 120. Also it seems range has been nerfed too.
If this is the idea of ballancing hacknet, you won't be seeing many hacknet spies leveling anymore. People will just drone to cap and then lom over to pvp each other at op nodes.

Toxen
29-04-05, 01:15
Get some coffee people this will be a long one
Lets begin...

Starter Missions

No real problems here as far as I can see looks good kudos for some more stuff for the new players coming in, though I hope you made him invincible otherwise, it might be a nasty way for the newbies to first experience the soulight system.

Canyon Facility

The old Canyon now Doy Only

NO NO NO NO and NO.....

Ok everything above this line was said prior to playing 7 hours of NC2 with the new patch below is spending 7 hours examining the new content including the high level missions.

Canyon NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONO.... In one of my conversations about the new high level missions and its reward I was told its the same no matter what side your on to deal with the fact many people were complaining there were too many DoY only items, fine yea im all for balancing, Soo you want to balance the game, why did you make the canyon TG and allies only not even city mercs can get in there now, basicly cutting off any fusion weapons and high level INQ armour, really balanced :), Also Im a procity that had canyon appartments prior to this patch in fact 4 of my characters main appartments are at the canyon only one of those is anti city, what you going to do about those pro-cities that lived in the canyon and can't even leave the house now going to pay for nice via lvl 3 apts going to compensate us for now living in a district thats gone down hill? Also TG canyon has fairly extensive line of shops now allowing TG to resupply and stock up, it won't be long before TG and Anti City clans get apts here and use it as a staging post for striking the city and ops far to the south very easily it Give DoY too much advantage to this I say there are three options.

Reverse what has been done.

Just nuke it and close it forever.

Turn TH in to a CA guarded base. Tradeskillers can go safe zone in MB1 now if they want.

Neocron Police Department

Reopened

2 years closed I think its been well the best part of certainly, Anything really new ot spectacular.... umm nop not to the best of my memory from way back when.

Neocron ConCenter
&
Mysterious Maze

Nothing bad here Kudos to the dev's

Votr Offices Open

Again Kudos

Pepper Park

Rocco's gets remodelled explosive style
&
Various House Keeping tasks

Kudos though the Smaller issue could have been sorted in hot fix and don't really belong in a heavy content patch.

Military Base

Sector 1 - Now Safezone

Kudos that the mercs now have a safezone but little strange that its the top level which is sposed to be the public gr and not the actual HQ zone.

Outzone

All hunting zones

Basic housekeeping again, should be a hotfix patch not a content heavy one really.

Subway

No longer safe zone, but more copbots

Umm I can see why this was done to prevent the zone whore battles that have been occuring at subway stations. Kudos there, but more copbots or some new form of NEXT automated defence system, copbots are a little too weak as i've walked through PP Plaza and into Viarosso on a doy character with a ppu keeping me alive quite easily only requireing a rezz when my ppu fataled. Simply drop the stun on the copbot rifles and hike up the power something equal to DoY guardians.

New High Level Quests

Well, if you of a nervous disposition skip this part.

Mission done from NC alliance.
I just spent the past 6-7 hours, Doing this with a large group of people say 10-20. Certainly for base 55+ chars with a team considering the toughness of some of the mobs death by shotgun for anyone unbuffed really if ur not careful and was that a terminator been carried by a mob at the end yes it was AGGHH..... You are dead, Click mouse2 to respawn at a genrep... im not really complaining about the toughness of the mobs but without a ppu strapped to ya you can end up dead very fast.

Mission done from NC alliance.
Part 1, Generally good, though the mission text could be a little more descriptive on what you have to do people got rather confused about moe's role. (You removed the only gamma bone seller inside the city, yet again the game swings further into the favour of doy).

Part 2, Generally good, What is going to be the biggest problem here is that you have to get everyone to leave to reset the dead body, could be hard as its a large and winding sector and has the mall (which you have now removed the only seller in city that sold antidotes antishocks and anti damage booster and resist potions). Best Solution prevent the NPC from disappearing on completion so people can just go upto it again straight off.. or put a respawn of the npc that is triggered when all the guards are dead even though people are still in the sector.

Part 3, This was the worst of all parts, Ok gettin to oz5 bit of a walk but we can cope with that, Talk to angel moon who tells you to wait for 5 minutes (real time) which is over an hour in game time and rember your still on the timer from the first mission which is set to 1 day neocron time about just under 2 and half hours real time, So just waiting this long as its the end mission you could roll over the time limit and end up with mission failed and you can't just jump back in at mission 3 you have to do all of it again.
Rember these missions were designed with teams in mind so you all have to hang around help your buddies with each part which takes away extra time, and once people have completed it and your still waiting if you hit the mission limit people are less inclined to help you with the entire thing again. I mean even 150 ress missions have a longer timer... Also the final 100/100 carrying a terminator (yes thats right's he's carrying a rare aiming for your head) mob surrounded by guards 60/60 with heavy duty shotties, Well he has this nasty habit of despawning on you, so you can't kill him, and then ofcourse you can't respawn him without a handy pocket sized GM :) , so the only way to do it is to abort the mission, but oh wait you have to do every mission from scratch if you do that... And i've killed that mob several times now and myself and several others havent got mission complete even when we've gone back to the commisoner about it. I actually had a chat with a GM about this and he told me that these missions had been on the test server (yes there is one it appears to be staff only at the moment) and he himself had completed the mission and got the reward very recent. Yet the code implemented on terra still seems to have some very obvious problems with it that are hard to miss, so perhaps testing the code without 127/127 god mode and insta-kill weapons might be a better way of testing or better still open the test server up to players. Can't rember if i said this already and too frustrated to read but I was actually told be a GM at one point to attempt the missions by myself at a later time... BY MY SELF!?!?! team missions ?? self team missions sell?? you could do it as a ppu I spose but as I said below would take probably longer than the timer has.

And all this strife and effort and frustration is for... what a nerfed PPR chip
yes thats right, you died for it you lost precious imps and weapons to that FA spy that snuck in and killed you while you were half dead from gettin a terminator to the face for +10 to XRAY, FORCE, FIRE, ENERGY and no requirements for the chip, Tbh in most setups unless you want gimpage this chip is useless if combined with the existing PPR (which has +15 to those resists and is far easier to get) The only class i can see it coming in on are Spy, Monk's you often need the psi chips to deal with alot of the nerfs over the years but they those nerfs were to prevent hybrid but im glad of that.
But wait a sec every faction can get this chip... sooo in effect this is lowering the value of the PPR the main user of the PPR the tank can sure make do with 5 less points in those resists though the fire may come in handy now you practically can't get INQ 4 armour on pro city chars.

Toilette Break....
Ahh Much better... anyway..

Soo this is new high level content... yes it fricken tough... but its not really high level the reward is far less than the effort required and.....
Where is the WoC stuff that WAS sposed to be the high content implement with the intial NC2 might be a good idea to implement that properly before working on other brand new content.

Solutions to part 3 nail that 100/100 to one spot prevent him from despawning.

These missions are bugged block them off until you can hotfix them save people the stress and the time wasted for GM's dealing with identical tickets.

The Xbow Situation.

As for the wipe expected that really considering how the market suddenly flooded and the npc was handing them out...

Havent checked out the new loooong epic (or so i hear its very long) yet hope it ain't buggy :) ,

Seriously now these missions should be pulled from the game until a team mission system can be implemented where when the npc is killed every person in the team gets the objective complete, or when the npc is looted etc. You realise how long it takes a PPU to kill the mission mobs (im just talking about the objective ones not the guards) with a Soul Cluster and rusty sword, I went and cooked lunch in the time it took.(perhaps slight exaggeration) but you get the idea.

Overall Quests in my book gets a score of 3/10, frankly the newbie stuff is better which would be the first stuff that most of the people did buying the new international release which this patch was intended for.

Solutions: Increase the timer or Split the missions up so they aren't on the same timer. Alter how mission 2 on City Side works so you don't have to reset sector. mission 3 city side prevent that mob from despawning..

Other stuff

General house keeping but kudos :)

Overall:
I feel that the game yet again as been swung in favour of DoY (I say this as player overall with both city and doy characters here before people start making comments about procity been whiney). It has been overly pushed in doy favour. If you going to work it into the story so Reeza is overthrown and TG take over NC get it over and done with or at least tell us now, because if your slowly building up to it now with the way its by pushing the gameworld in favour of doy its destroying moral of gamers and making the game no longer fun for NC players forcing us to either go doy factions or just driving people to distraction and leaving the game entirely. OM i just realised something your going to make regant legacy a CA style base like TG canyon aren't you... well I spose i could live with that tonnes of potential ambushs on that road though can just imagine a line of rhino's parked up on it blocking the way.

Just before I tie this post up, I wanna point out this post is not directed at any specific GM, DEV, MOD etc... its perhaps a slightly frustration induced rant, but its not a jab at the game, its merely an attempt to bring up issues for discussion in public. It would be nice if a GM or Mod or even a Dev when they get some free time cus I know you'll all extremely busy working on this wonderful game that we all play and perhaps we all take you too much for granted sometimes, but if you don't want to thats fine :)

As for you that have just read this all and noticed its practically devoid of punctuation, well I did warn you it was a rant. :)

Post away people.

Dirus
29-04-05, 02:08
Lupus, my hacknet spy did 322 dammage to a 60/60 and now does 120. Also it seems range has been nerfed too.
If this is the idea of ballancing hacknet, you won't be seeing many hacknet spies leveling anymore. People will just drone to cap and then lom over to pvp each other at op nodes.
Damage nerfs are part of balancing, not just for PvE but also PvP related issues. HackNet is not like the rest of the game, currently there are no "implants" or "armor" just a single defense spell and a heal spell, along with the limited amount of base CON points. Therefore the end damage numbers wont be as high. Besides, 10 dmg vs 10000 dmg dosen't mean anything if you're talking about an NPC with 100 health vs one with 100000 health now does it? still the same percentage.

Range Nerfs are part of the Mob fixes. You want long range, don't complain about being attacked as soon as you zone in. Player Range = slightly less then the final Mob Range. No sniping of Mobs, you want to attack a mob you do it where it can fight back. Movable mobs have less of a range advantage over the players then non-moveable mobs.

As you quoted, I said that the mobs aren't final yet. So that means nothing is final yet.

Dr Strange
29-04-05, 02:57
Damage nerfs are part of balancing, not just for PvE but also PvP related issues. HackNet is not like the rest of the game, currently there are no "implants" or "armor" just a single defense spell and a heal spell, along with the limited amount of base CON points. Therefore the end damage numbers wont be as high. Besides, 10 dmg vs 10000 dmg dosen't mean anything if you're talking about an NPC with 100 health vs one with 100000 health now does it? still the same percentage.

Range Nerfs are part of the Mob fixes. You want long range, don't complain about being attacked as soon as you zone in. Player Range = slightly less then the final Mob Range. No sniping of Mobs, you want to attack a mob you do it where it can fight back. Movable mobs have less of a range advantage over the players then non-moveable mobs.

As you quoted, I said that the mobs aren't final yet. So that means nothing is final yet.

So basically you fucked over pure Hacknet spies?

I'm sure you've tried or at least know the time/numbers it takes to cap a pure Hacknet spy on the 80/80's or 100/100's. The damage before was slightly overpowered for the mobs yes, but at least players did enough PvE damage to kill them in a reasonable amount of time. Instead now it will take twice as long to kill an uplink of mobs.

The range thing doesn't make sense. Sure the mobs can't uber snipe from across hacknet but at least we could hit them as they run under platforms and hide after being hit twice...We need our range for their SHITTY a.i. other wise we get to play "kill the ping packet before it hides and you cant reach it"

[VP]Orion
29-04-05, 03:06
Im not trying to sound whiny or anything but congrats Lupus, you just killed hacknet completely. I was one of the few that actually loved hacknet but omg this was crap. Range nerf was aweful, damage nerf the same. Mobs are still bugged. Just simply forget about these changes and turn it back to how it was. After that actually TALK to people that knows something about hacknet about problems and ideas of how to possible change/develop hacknet.

Patch in general was nice though since it implemented a bunch of new content and that is always nice.

Heavyporker
29-04-05, 04:30
patch way to huge to try to go in detail, so I'll just jump in now and then.

May I suggest an AoE hacknet software to sort the problem of unreachable mobs?

BradSTL
29-04-05, 06:05
Range Nerfs are part of the Mob fixes. ... nothing is final yet.
Nothing is final yet ... and yet, somehow, people are being allowed to start hacker characters and will expect to level up inside Hacknet. I've been telling people for weeks that things were going to be better when this patch hit. Well, I was apparently wrong. Yes, they apparently now do start with the right equipment. But now they're expected to level in impossible areas.

Lupus, do us a favor and create a 0/2 hacknet spy, default template. Hack a genrep, enter Infected Storage 1. The problem we're already having, among many others, is that the mobs have sufficiently long range that on a "U" shaped platform, the ones on the other side can hit all the way to the edge of the side you're on, and you can't hit them until you run all the way around. And nobody lives that long. Or in Low Security Login, where the absolute second you zone in, with half your hit points and 90% of your psi gone because they're based on your outside-hacknet stats at first, you're already in combat range of 6 mobs, that have been pounding on you since before you got sync.

I'm guessing that a lot of this had to do with an infamous bet last week about whether or not it's possible to survive 60 seconds in a PvP hacknet duel. And you're right, that was sub-optimal. But if you nerfed attack software damage and didn't give the mobs a matching hit point nerf, you just eliminated the only hope a hacknet spy had of leveling, namely racing to within range of the mob and killing it so fast you have time to heal up afterwards.

(Is it even possible for a beginning hacknet spy to run-cast? And what skill affects run-casting in Hacknet, anyway?)

This nerf got rushed into production without adequate testing, when simply fixing the starting equipment for hackers would have been sufficient for this patch. You all weren't even going to work on Hacknet, other than the MC5 hacknet dungeon, until after this patch. I wish you'd waited, done more testing, and asked for some feedback before you'd done this.

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 08:53
I'm guessing that a lot of this had to do with an infamous bet last week about whether or not it's possible to survive 60 seconds in a PvP hacknet duel.

iwould have done it too...

RogerRamjet
29-04-05, 09:16
TG canyon is DoY only again? Now i dont mind this. I had lots of fun raiding this palce in nc1, and ill probably try again in NC2, but is there still the insane amount of guards around?

Original monk
29-04-05, 09:49
I agree, I spent 3 mill on my 2 xbows and now they are just gona be gone? that is fucked up

i had one xbow .. first thing i did when it came in was doing the mission (not this patch .. previous one) ... i noticed it was dodgy and didnt sell it .. it was gathering dust in my closet for some time now .. i didnt like it that much anyway either, it did to much pure damage, i wouldnt mind the xbow when they made an xray beam tough :P

but now KK made em all into milky rens !! THANX

really lol ... (not sarcastic) : i yust LOVE my 2 slotted artifact condition and artifact damage milky ren !!!!!!!

woot, i got a new collectorsitem ... maybe not now, wait after some time yah !

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 10:15
Lupus, if your reasoning is true then with the 120 dammage on my hacknet spell i should be able to kill a 60/60 in the same amount of shots due to its now lower health?

I think you forgot to tone down the mob health then, as it now takes 3* as long to kill it.

I heard two of our hacknet guys curse like a drunk pirate on ventrilo last night and they were going to lom to drones again.

insultus
29-04-05, 10:17
is there a reason why the TG canyon HQ is the only HQ in the game that doesnt have a gene rep?

is it an oversight?

cant see the logic in having to run from grant to get there everytime

and i dont particularly want to have a apt there.

[VP]Orion
29-04-05, 10:27
is there a reason why the TG canyon HQ is the only HQ in the game that doesnt have a gene rep?

is it an oversight?

cant see the logic in having to run from grant to get there everytime

and i dont particularly want to have a apt there.
Well, we all want to have a GR there. And want Yagers to be where it always used to be.

One thing though.. Its not an HQ.. TG still have their HQ in sector 1 in the dome.

numb
29-04-05, 11:41
With regard to the quad bike. Can the key be reactivated once the quad has been destroyed?

Eckhart
29-04-05, 11:47
Orion']Well, we all want to have a GR there. And want Yagers to be where it always used to be.

One thing though.. Its not an HQ.. TG still have their HQ in sector 1 in the dome.
Something I wholeheartedly disagree with. The Canyon is TG HQ imo.

Ronald, among others, claim that the Canyon is now a "DoY Canyon Fortress", shared between all anti city factions. However if this is the case then why are there only TG guards there? Why does no other faction have any presence there?

The Canyon is still TG only. If its meant to be a shared fortress then other factions should have at least some visible presence there, even if they arent the head of the operation there.

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 11:52
Where is the pro city equivalent of this?
(with appartements and a high level cave at the exit pls)

jernau
29-04-05, 12:03
then install my copy of twilight war.
Can I borrow your time machine?

@KK - Some good, some bad. Nice to see chat sorted out. Hardly the huge surprise being touted.

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 12:07
[QUOTE=jernau]Can I borrow your time machine?
QUOTE]

Lol, yeah i was typing that on msn too, i was tired and i meant guild wars.
It's got nice graphics, and it's... different. Still reading up on their forums on setups and chars to play. But that's way off topic.

Selendor
29-04-05, 12:21
(with appartements and a high level cave at the exit pls)

Totally agree, where is Pro-city's forward outpost with guards?

Honestly, I can see why a lot of the changes have been made, to make the newbie experience safer, but the more guards and barriers you put between the two sides of Neocron, the less fun, conflict, and action there will be. This is why people wanted safezones removed from Plaza back in the day. There should be a staging post and good routes into both cities, to encourage combat and interactions. I think that everyone in one city with no safezones would have worked better than DoY anyway.

Am also very annoyed that too many of the really useful items (Spells...now Inq Armour) are easy to get as DoY side, and very hard if you are Pro-City.

Final request - since you are patching the game to help the newbie, you really should activate the Tech Haven genrep by default for all players next patch, and also redesign it so that the area by the genreps is more open and pleasant. And how about making it a free genrep too.

athon
29-04-05, 12:28
Orion']Well, we all want to have a GR there. And want Yagers to be where it always used to be.

FA have 2 HQ's - Why can't anyone else?

Athon Solo

LiL T
29-04-05, 12:46
(with appartements and a high level cave at the exit pls) I think it would be great if they'd make one within 2 zones south of the canyon kind of like an underground forward base. Both should be fully raidable with only a few gaurds that don't parra shock people, then we could have large battles if we so wish.

Final request - since you are patching the game to help the newbie, you really should activate the Tech Haven genrep by default for all players next patch,
I remember suggesting this once and well it got smacked down hard and fast, people claiming that the noob's should find it them selfs etc well 24%... yeah. If a new player has to spend 3 hours trying to find help or weapons they are going to quit, the game has to grab people within the first few hours. Activating the TH GR by default would make common sense, the city centers are not exactly populated these days.

Superbron
29-04-05, 12:57
Nice to have some new content!

Why is the Canyon TG again? Are they about to move there again? Why not make it the home of the Anarchy Breed?

jernau
29-04-05, 12:57
@Nid - could you clarify something please : Does this patch bring the game up to the Interational Release build-level?

ie - Is this the client version that will be on the CD/DVD in the box when it's on the shelves in the UK?

jernau
29-04-05, 13:12
/edit - sorry for double post.

Outzone = Hunting Zone: I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, because I really can't predict how many people are going to be willing to sacrifice SL. I'm all in favor of having more places to level, but I really can't wrap my head around the idea that we need more "hunting zones" in terms of security settings. You may remember I argued a few months ago that we should probably eliminate the whole "hunting zone" security level now that there's no sane reason for a beginning character to take their LE chip out. And since so few of them do, this change is only going to affect characters at level 35 and up, mostly -- and it doesn't sit well with me to be running around in an area with no cops and being told I'll be a terrorist if I kill my enemies there. It just feels wrong, out of character somehow.I agree with almost everything you've said in this thread to some degree Brad but this I think is just all upside-down.

There is a very good reason to take the LE out atm - clans. As long as KK refuse to offer an LE version of the clan the game is crippled by a horrible dilema for new players, do they:
1) Remove LE and get all the community, support and assistance a clan offers but also become a target for the moron-minority that have driven so many previous newbies away from the game.
or
2) Keep the LE in and lead a safe but extremely lonely existence reliant on chance meetings with friendly players.

Neither of these options are a good way to encourage player retention especially given the uphill struggle that is the current newbie experience (by which I mean low-pops, difficulty obtaining items, poor documention, etc.).

As long as the LE-user remains a second class citizen in this way (or as long as the LE is needed to play the game the way some people want to play it) then we need Hunting Zones.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:23
em ok tg canyon is back to the tg, but wouldnt it be better to tone down guards in the place, and make a place viable for a base camp for city runners, then get clanned missions working where by clanns are alowed to go raid the enemys outpost?

i vote for an underground complex for city runners so changing the map wont be to sevier,

with less guards in both areas that the city's boast it gives a new ability to raid the enemys new strongholds, and maby we can get rewards for rading the enemys base's, =) give us a reason to run to our death (and a place to buy smuggeled inq 4 and atom smelters)

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 13:36
a pro city base in the same zone as canyon... a sector for fighting, with a fortress for each side to gr into in relitive safety...

a sector in almost constant war.

:cool:

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 13:56
a pro city base in the same zone as canyon... a sector for fighting, with a fortress for each side to gr into in relitive safety...

a sector in almost constant war.

:cool:

or... that idea :P

aslong as we have a less pussified area than teh 2 citys im up for it,

also hackable doors doors for shortcuts, and a place to jump down to get out of the GR room so ppl cant genrep camp :D and that would be purrrfect

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 14:01
or... that idea :P

aslong as we have a less pussified area than teh 2 citys im up for it,

also hackable doors doors for shortcuts, and a place to jump down to get out of the GR room so ppl cant genrep camp :D and that would be purrrfect

just give us like a tribes vengence zone for constant combat...:p

Genty
29-04-05, 14:05
City (PP) should take over Regants...

Dribble Joy
29-04-05, 14:06
@Nid - could you clarify something please : Does this patch bring the game up to the Interational Release build-level?
I concur. I hope that it doesn't.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 14:09
actualy ye, regence is doing nothing, regence legecy was shit when it was open (dont talk crap about ohhhhh its such a cool place, it wernt realy)

so take over regence, we have hundreds of muties protecting us, and our own snipers on the roof stoping the ppl getting past the muties, jus have to take passage in a glider to get there :P, maby put a landing platform on the roof,

Superbron
29-04-05, 14:38
Make Regant Legacy the home of a new faction of mutants (new class). Name of this new faction is Regant Legacy (RL) of course :D

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 14:44
Strategicaly Regant is of no importance, TG canyone has 3 chaos cave near it, it has a bunch of pro city ops close to them. And no to mention gaia mines.

Besides, Regant fortress should be the home of anarchy breed when they become a faction. (you all know kk will have to implement this at some point. The evil pkers are going to have to go somewhere when the international release people start complaining)

Give us somewhere that's accesible only by one road, protected by either water or mountains; close to the "border", with a bunch of good caves nearby.

How about TH? Or turn one of the gaia mine entrances into the entrance to a CA bunker outpost.

Eckhart
29-04-05, 14:48
Strategicaly Regant is of no importance, TG canyone has 3 chaos cave near it, it has a bunch of pro city ops close to them. And no to mention gaia mines.

Besides, Regant fortress should be the home of anarchy breed when they become a faction. (you all know kk will have to implement this at some point. The evil pkers are going to have to go somewhere when the international release people start complaining)

Give us somewhere that's accesible only by one road, protected by either water or mountains; close to the "border", with a bunch of good caves nearby.

How about TH? Or turn one of the gaia mine entrances into the entrance to a CA bunker outpost.
The day Pro City take over TH is the day when pigs start flying :p

TH is FA and always will be ;)

naimex
29-04-05, 14:56
I feel ignored :(

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 14:57
Well, if KK doesn't ballance things out, you'll see a lot of people making dome alts to ally kill in the dome, out of sheer frustration.
Amongst all the pro city people there's the shared sentiment that the dome gets all the presents, and we get the wrappings.

athon
29-04-05, 15:02
Well, if KK doesn't ballance things out, you'll see a lot of people making dome alts to ally kill in the dome, out of sheer frustration.
Amongst all the pro city people there's the shared sentiment that the dome gets all the presents, and we get the wrappings.
Only because you're a bunch of whining wusses - Rather than making things happen you go and whine to get KK to nerf it or make more or whatever. (Case in point, pro city whining about lack of high level hunting zones because the wusses can't defend themselves) =P

Athon Solo

Bugs Gunny
29-04-05, 15:43
Only because you're a bunch of whining wusses - Rather than making things happen you go and whine to get KK to nerf it or make more or whatever. (Case in point, pro city whining about lack of high level hunting zones because the wusses can't defend themselves) =P

Athon Solo
Athon, open the map of neocron, mark out he leveling spots, mc5, graves, .....
Then blacken out the areas infested with doy bots.
Then measure the distance from doy entrances to these leveling spots.
Then look at TG canyon, measure the distance from there to the chaos caves etc.
Now do the same for neocron city.

Make a list of all armors, where are they sold?
High level spells?
Inq armor?
Fusion weapons?
Drugs?

Wiew, neocron city has spy pa and implants...

Nobody in their right mind will say that is called ballance.

I was doy for a while. It is a fucking vacation for levelers and getting items.
Just walk out the door and hop in worm tunnels. Graves nearby, hell el farid is close too. Chaos caves.. omg , three of em, and if they put a GR in TG canyon, one click away. It's about time KK put some cave other than gravis south of the TH line.

Heavyporker
29-04-05, 15:50
Bugs Gunny....

Point Red, Calida Village, and Sherman Bay Village. Ring a bell?

jernau
29-04-05, 16:19
From a purely geographic standpoint Bugs is 100% right for two reasons :

1) The difficulty level used to increase as you went North (in general). This mean the Dome is now better placed for mid- and high-level players. Low levels have good dungeons inside both cities. A few patches ago KK mentioned they were trying to change this so difficulty increased towards the centre of the map - I can't say I've noticed this happening though.
2) The central towns (TG and FA) have both been made anti-city O_o efffectively giving the Dome supporters the North half of the map for free.

As for NPCs, factions items, etc that's another issue but isn't helped at all by the noddyfication of the faction system which led to the replacement of many critical services inside NC with non-functional Rokkwears, empty cafes and boarded up facades.

Hermes
29-04-05, 16:22
The problem about the Newbie stealth tool (no requirements) is known to us and will be resolved soon.

RogerRamjet
29-04-05, 16:27

Athon Solo

This argument has happened before. Theres plenty of good lvl spots INSIDE, yes INSIDE Neocron City. If people stopped moaning coz they cant go do what they did in NC1 and lvl at the crp caves for hours then tough, but i wish people would start to wait outside places like the Tsunami HQ for teams and stuff.

But i do agree with Bugs that the balance geographically is wrong, but hey, becuase i lack the ability to take every OP above TH it means im not allowed to go out and have some fun lvling right? Athon, if you want an idea of what taking cycrow is like, move pro city for a bit. Take cycrow, then watch in awe as every clan from DoY turns up to take it back. Now if you want to spend whole days defending it, be my guest, but i do like to be able to go outside occasionally when i have spare time.

/edit. I was typing this while you posted jenau but i agree completely.

athon
29-04-05, 16:50
Athon, open the map of neocron, mark out he leveling spots, mc5, graves, .....
Then blacken out the areas infested with doy bots.
Then measure the distance from doy entrances to these leveling spots.
Then look at TG canyon, measure the distance from there to the chaos caves etc.
Now do the same for neocron city.

High level spells?
Inq armor?
Fusion weapons?
Drugs?

Wiew, neocron city has spy pa and implants...

Nobody in their right mind will say that is called ballance.

I was doy for a while. It is a fucking vacation for levelers and getting items.
Just walk out the door and hop in worm tunnels. Graves nearby, hell el farid is close too. Chaos caves.. omg , three of em, and if they put a GR in TG canyon, one click away. It's about time KK put some cave other than gravis south of the TH line.
There's these things called ops. They have genreps (not to mention gogo's, hacknet entrances, undergrounds AND skill bonuses) - if you capture and hold them you can use them. You can also open the genrep to all your alliance friends - or even everyone full stop.

Athon Solo

Eckhart
29-04-05, 16:55
I didnt say that Pro's dont need lvling spots. They do, ones remotely close to Neocron city (then maybe we'll see less of the CRP killings when we go there to level :rolleyes: ). I just dont think that giving Pro's TH is sensible or realistic, the FA would never allow that.

On the issue of Pro City factions getting all the 'wrappings', I'd direct you to the issue of the Strip Clubs, Neofrag, etc. All we have is a broken city with faction HQ's and elevators, you guys have much much more.

ZoVoS
29-04-05, 19:04
The problem about the Newbie stealth tool (no requirements) is known to us and will be resolved soon.

did everybody just ignore this lol, SELL SELL SELL TO THE PPL WHO HAVENT READ lol

Jesterthegreat
29-04-05, 19:29

ah... but what will it be resolved too...

Netphreak
29-04-05, 19:30

Was just wondering are the Weapons Changes (TL's and TL based Damage etc..) that you where working on ages ago still in the works?

Toxen
29-04-05, 20:34
Im wondering if people actually read my length post on page 8,
first things first athon, if your not playing both sides at the moment your not really in a position to offer an unbiased opinion.

Bugs is 100% right about geographical location (And heavy the villages and point red, aren't really leveling spots there more like gaya mines and worm tunnels, not theres 7 of those types of cave the villages, gaya, and worm tunnels, crystal caves, fire caves, graves) in comparison to what are actually leveling caves, ie Swamp Caves and Chaos Caves.

Lets break these down Geographically accessibility public GR or reasonable walking distance

Neocron: Villages, Crystal Caves, Some Swamp Caves, Fire Caves if not been camped by anticity

City Mercs: Swamp Caves, Crystal Caves, Point red Village

DoY: Gaya Mines, Worm Tunnels, Crystal Caves, Fire Caves (it's usually safe for anti cities at elfarid), Chaos Caves, Graves

athlon's going to come back with the quip here if you wanna use you should capture some ops....

well athon your right.

weren't expecting that were you.

wait a second don't start feeling smug, im not finished.

The Geography of the ops around the canyons which covers a good portion of the leveling caves around there and some of the best Out door vechial useage sites, is densely packed with ops Anti City now has a safe zone practically which it can GR into buy everything you need before you head out. This allows anti city to easily defend an op from multiple points or easily retake ops in the south of the map basicly right on NC's door step. Just as cycrow has three entry points via GR it makes it incredibly hard to take unless underhanded techniques are used then it is simply taken back again because of the density of ops around the area that are owned by the previous owners of cycrow, so op war in the canyons is stacked in favour of anti city with the canyon now TG only. Canyon is also the only Secret HQ that has GR access admitedly via apts but still the same it has GR access.

Beyond that the other leveling points in the northern desert are camped by DoY bots making them practically inaccessible

Solution: Delete Apts from Canyon they can keep the canyon for all I care once the GR access has gone.

Btw if anyone hasn't found the secret entrance to the canyon yet goto e-13 get on the most northern piece of road follow it west until kinks south sudenly, but north-north west ish until you hit one of those near vertical cliffs follow that east until you see two broken walls behind them is a tunnel entrance, two tunnels first one mostly low level cave mobs, second one TG guards at most corners and low level cave mobs, and canyons full of TG guards (Guessing its TG to stop City Mercs gettin in and gettin all that lovely INQ armour and Fusion weapons for Pro City).

Ok as for my Suggestion of Making TH, a CA guarded Base, to all those people saying FA would never allow it.... go read the story TH is already under city control technically Just a security system was installed instead of guards.

Regants Legacy... base for Procity alliance I do like the sound of that considering how theres only one majour route in but things would need to be changed like adding an ASG outside moving the smugglers in the area inside... new range of appartments for procity inside the base unless the ones at the canyon are deleted Also Would like to see the swamps populated with mobs on a par with Grim Chasers, Persecutors and Terror Raptors. But poison based shouldn't be too hard to code just colorise the textures green and change the attacks to toxic balls and lances.

As for someone that mentioned NC having strip clubs and neofrag. DoY has plenty of em if you know where too look, and as for neofrag I belive DoY was sposed to have its own alternative called wargames at least it appears that way from wondering around doy long enough.

And lets not Forget DoY has 3 points of safe access into NC as well as at least 4 safe GR's inside NC, where as City Runners have no safe access into doy, but before they even get there they have to Contend with an army of bots, There are no safe GR's inside DoY the weak spots prior to this patch were FA district GR and Crahn HQ gr but not anymore. So to sumerise NC more holy than the book of crahn, DoY tigher than reeza when rewarding loyal citizens for defending the city from a DoY bot rampage in PP3.

So to summerise my solutions before someone accuses me of not positing constructivly.

Canyon: Delete Appartments from the game full stop (btw I hope theres going to be compensation for current Procity players that own and live in canyon appartments as there was no real prior warning this was going to happen)

ProCity Response to Canyon: Set up base in regants legacy (and populate swamps with alternatives to high level firemobs on opposit side of map).

Failing security in NC: I implore reeza close down mutant pool and street works GR's and post two Storm bots at IND A GR, PP3 Exit GR PP1 GR.

Toxen
29-04-05, 20:38
There's these things called ops. They have genreps (not to mention gogo's, hacknet entrances, undergrounds AND skill bonuses) - if you capture and hold them you can use them. You can also open the genrep to all your alliance friends - or even everyone full stop.

Athon Solo

athon you ignored a major part of bugs post

High level spells?
Inq armor?
Fusion weapons?
Drugs?

Wouldn't matter if Reeza himself went out personally and captured every fricken op in the game, Procity would still not be able to obtain them directly

athon
29-04-05, 20:48
athon you ignored a major part of bugs post

Wouldn't matter if Reeza himself went out personally and captured every fricken op in the game, Procity would still not be able to obtain them directly
What about the reveller? Some of the other best vehicles in the game? Mk III Gatlin turrets - the best turret available? Most high level implants? The parts to construct implants? Vehicle component & Component parts? Weaponparts?

Pro-city get their fare share of the goodies too.

And the distance isn't that great from any public GRs anyway - pro-city acts like everywhere decent in 4 hours run from the nearest public GR and is totally inaccessible.

At the end of the day, if pro-city can't put in the effort required to hold the decent ops then that's their problem.

And BTW, I'm sure it was a mistake, but please don't attribute quotes to me incorrectly.

Athon Solo

capt-o
29-04-05, 20:56
Is anyone else having trouble with the update?
I got an error about checking my updater.ini's FTP settings.
I've never changed these and when I try to browse to it, i get and error about "document contains no data"

It's currently downloading NC2's second largest patch from the game server. :(

Edit: Upon using a different browser I found that there are too many connection to the FTP server. :) 8|

Toxen
29-04-05, 21:01
City mercs can get into the city to obtain a majority of the item's that are High level inside the City but thats FSM items which are balanced by Antiy City FSM items already we're talking about smuggler items and the like here, not even LOW level fusion weapons can be obtained by CM's or now nor INQ 4 armour incomparison to the Duranium 4 armour obtainable by All. As for parts for constructing items you can get them outside the city quite easily though for some of the higher parts some doubling up with a rec tool may be in order. Or go kill some high level mob that drops parts.

Toxen
29-04-05, 21:02
Try pulling the patches manually from the server
ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/

Dirus
29-04-05, 21:11
Nothing is final yet ... and yet, somehow, people are being allowed to start hacker characters and will expect to level up inside Hacknet. I've been telling people for weeks that things were going to be better when this patch hit. Well, I was apparently wrong. Yes, they apparently now do start with the right equipment. But now they're expected to level in impossible areas.

This nerf got rushed into production without adequate testing, when simply fixing the starting equipment for hackers would have been sufficient for this patch. You all weren't even going to work on Hacknet, other than the MC5 hacknet dungeon, until after this patch. I wish you'd waited, done more testing, and asked for some feedback before you'd done this.Read Below

Lupus, if your reasoning is true then with the 120 dammage on my hacknet spell i should be able to kill a 60/60 in the same amount of shots due to its now lower health?

I think you forgot to tone down the mob health then, as it now takes 3* as long to kill it.

I heard two of our hacknet guys curse like a drunk pirate on ventrilo last night and they were going to lom to drones again.As I stated the Mob fixes ran into a snag AI wise, so it was delayed, the intention was to release both at the same time, not one then the other. Without the mob fixes the player fixes are thrown completely out of line. The Player portion slipped through while the mob portion was stripped as intended.

Was just wondering are the Weapons Changes (TL's and TL based Damage etc..) that you where working on ages ago still in the works?They're on hold till other Code issues theyre dependant on are resolved.

Netphreak
29-04-05, 21:35
Read Below

They're on hold till other Code issues theyre dependant on are resolved.

Thanks for the heads up Lupus. Hope you come and play in Neofrag some night again that was a laugh the last time i was there.

Damn those Lil Bastard's (rank 120/120 dagron flies for anyone who wasn't there).

Also you showed us some DOY cyborgs that would be really cool if they got implented.

Glok
29-04-05, 23:04
Did someone say hybrid PA? :D

Netphreak
29-04-05, 23:35

Did they...? :eek: If so damn i want it! (we need a emote for dribbling!)

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 23:58

People have said it, but noone has proved it. Therefore its more than likely BS.

Jesterthegreat
30-04-05, 01:16
Mk III Gatlin turrets - the best turret available?

other than FF UG's i have yet to see these in nc2. im not sure f they are legally obtainable

ZoVoS
30-04-05, 01:25
there from one of the fsm' aint they, im sure i heard heavy poker talking about em

Toxen
30-04-05, 05:13
Hybrid PA does not exist, unless its snuck in under my nose while updating my item lists, Its Neither a Newbie mission reward nor a Quest Item.

insultus
30-04-05, 06:29

im probally mistaken, but isnt it called a "HQ" though..

and zoning 5-6 times to get to the NPC there in my opinion is stupid, is there a valid reason why there isnt one there?

and even if it isnt a HQ, the city center in Doy has one.. thats not a HQ either... Pepper park has one, outzone, industrial sectors have them etc, etc..

only minor, but still slightly annoying.. like a stealth tool with no user requirements..

eprodigy
30-04-05, 06:40
i think the canyon should have a public GR if there is to be any hope of it getting any real use... especially since now you can't go in the main entrance :(

it would be perhaps a better place to get teams together for caving etc from a safer spot then perhaps CRP :p also not sure how viable raiding is, since the tunnel entrance has guards all the way through it..

aKe`cj
30-04-05, 10:14
...also not sure how viable raiding is, since the tunnel entrance has guards all the way through it..

I dont think we'll have to miss the canyon raids... a lot of pro-city own appartments in the canyon facility... on top of that, guard reaction has always been moderately slow.. so you can run past them..especially where syncs are near (tunnel entrance etc..). I survived quite long with nothing more than a TL3 heal + shelter in the canyon.. so.. well.. a ppu-backed team shouldnt worry too much about them guards ;)

Bugs Gunny
30-04-05, 10:14
In addition to my post about how doy gets all the loving:

I noticed that ALL the DOY genreps now have shoot without warning guards near them. Nice...

So did any of the people at KK think about putting some in the pro city faction hq's yet? It's ridculous that now it's TOTALY impossible to raid the dome, unless you're a stealther spy, while anti city is having parties at the CA HQ gr, DRE gr, NEXT gr, PP gr,.....

So, neocron has the pepperpark sectors... no guards there at all. Doy has the abandoned sectors, which would be good places for pro city to start raiding, but hey.. no gr's.

I'm NOT saying we should all get guards at every genrep. I just think it's silly that the dome now has an impenetrable fortress, while neocron has a walk in entrance (pp3 bump asylum) and all hq genreps open to the dome.

My suggestion would be to remove a lot of the doy bot units, remove parashock from both side's guards, less guards all around. Make it easier for both sides to raid each other's cities.

Toxen
30-04-05, 15:16
Bugs is right yet again. Think I made another post about GR's in DoY compared to NC somewhere probably in this thread considering everyone except those that I question directly is seeming to ignoring the length and points made in them.

There are clearly defined borders between the cities now, So the city GR's should be like at OPs if your hostile you can't GR to them. Full stop *prepares for anticity whiners/flamers* you people get a life if you gonna complain about that suggestion every DoY GR now has guards at NC doesn't obvious advantage DoY there is no way you can say otherwise especially as the Guards at GR's can see your body about 2 seconds before you actually finish syncing in. Also I want it returned to NC1 style for activating GR's in appartments if your in hostile Territory you CANNOT activate an appartment GR this was effective in NC1 so why was it pulled from NC2.

As for the anticity whiners saying we want a Public GR at TG Canyon. simply no TG canyon is not a proper HQ its a secret HQ like BD, TS, Crahn Abbey etc... non of them have GR's so either get them to have GR's before they put one in the canyon (cus frankly you not going too well not without driving everyone to the point of just not playing city anymore cus its so biased in doys favour for raiding the city) or just go and buy an appartment thats in the canyon with its own GR which is frankly far to much already.

As for raiding of the Cities don't think that my suggested changes in GRing would make that much of a difference you still have the secret tunnels into NC... but DoY its superstructure has been smashed you should be able to climb into holes left right and center, lets cover how procity can get into the city currently

Step 1. Run past Insanely large Army of Various Types of DoY bots with some of the weirdest ai for a mob in game that I've ever seen the way they group up in such a large space is creepy.

Results.
a) Die, ask for a Rezz, repeat step one.

b) Die, what everyone else die including ppu release to TH to get poked, repeat step one.

c) make it past, the insanity of desert doy central and roll up at one of the gates. begin step 2

Step 2. Depending which gate you've rolled up to you have 1 or 2 guards to deal with at the gate nice range of options.

a) Kill them muwahha, toughish but dooable.

b) Run past and hope for the best.

c) Get a ppu to whack up a soulcluster and buff you up & take option b) or a)

d) go droning and hope someone or a doy bot doesn't find your meatstick.

e) Die, Release or Get Rezzed.

Step 3. you made it inside, w00t, the tough parts over right.. neh.
No matter which gate your in now your faced with an Ascending and Descending grav lift fair long one aswell not as Long as TH sector one but long enough to get bored.

So you peer over the edge of the grav lift and notice down the bottom theres about 3-4 guards stuck in a grav lift like usual something needs to be done about this in the coding for grav lifts and ai for the npc's. In some of the grav lifts theres a second exit just above the first but certainly not out of range of those damm guards. So if we're going to go down we're going to at least one of the exits we're going to have to contend with 4 odd guards firing directly at our legs making us stationary targets and we're also trapped in the grav lift for a while, so we can't duck and cover to avoid fire. (Funny I don't rember it been this hard to get into NC with a DoY char heck I even popped into for a drink in TS Secret Twister club and went afk for 5 minutes on a non le'ed char). Anyway back to doy so just going down the grav lifts not really gonna work, what about with a PPU its certainl do able I've done it that way but you have to constantly keep a holy heal running and be fully buffed up, but if your PPU fatals your a gonna. so what are the alternatives.

Trying to hit the guards with weapons from this range is hard, AoE is a possibility but for monks Barrels tend to have a short casting range, so most likely won't reach so that leaves AoE from tanks, 90% of the time your dumbfiring the AoE weapon so your not aiming at anything in specific and as you know you can't fire directly down so ur firing in a downwards slope in a very narrow long space, your more likely to Hit the side of the grav lift before getting in range of guards, also compounding the fact is that theres usually only room for 1 or 2 people around the grav lift entrance so direct fire weapons its gonna take a while. Plus if you get nudged over the edge its a one way trip you can't back out. Drones are just a no no in grav lifts this small.

or as I've seen a couple of people do.

Note. to moderators if your gonna delete the post because of the following paragraph please just edit it rather than deleting the entire post.

Sit up top and use the reset position command to zoom past the grav lift. Which in my book is an exploit.

Step 4. So you've either miraciously or unscrupulously made it past those damm grav lifts. so what now we just raiding or we going shopping. either way its more guards more guards and most certainly guards at every zone point so death while syncing highly probable. (Don't ever rember seeing guards every where as I entered the oz or pepper park infact first guard I ran into was when gettin off the subway at viarosso, but by then i'd already taged 4 gr's inside the city boundries and bought an oz and pp apartment without even a sniff of anything remotely reeza like and taged my appartment GR in pp allowing me to GR to a sector away from the heart of NC plaza sector.)

Well raiding its just easy set up base camp and kill anything that moves.

Shoppings well the major thing we come over to DoY for is those medium level spells and imps from the Psi Smuggler inside the Crahn HQ, (personally I know belive every Item ingame except for rares, mission and drop items should be BP able including power armours 1-2) anyway crahn HQ assuming we came in at TS entrance (by far the easiest entrance into doy) Assuming we take the shortest route TS Sector -> NE Sector -> FA Sector -> Crahn Sector. thats a minimum of about 12 doy guards to go past on zone lines. Then we have to get inside the Crahn HQ past the guards fast enough that they don't agro so we can go talk to the smuggler in the corner. If at anypoint the PPU dies he cannot release to any GR in DoY safely so basicly the raid it over and we only can go down fighting pointlessly from now on.

BradSTL
30-04-05, 18:15
I'm not even vaguely interested in training city people on how to raid the Dome. But if what it takes to convince people that it's now fair is to give a few hints, I'll do so.

First of all, you're dead wrong about the genreps. I don't remember if the BD genrep is guarded. I know the TG genrep is guarded. On the other hand, I know for a fact that the TS, FA, and CS genreps are not guarded. So if you make it in the first time, from then on you have a completely safe route into the Dome that gives you plenty of time to wait out SI in a safezone, the same thing that happens when our side uses DRE or PP HQs for the same purpose.

Secondly, getting to those genreps the first time requires only the assistance of a PPU with holy heal and a couple of concentrated anti-shock pills to make it easy, and oh, did I mention that anti-shock pills are only sold in the city, at the OZ1 mall? And that it's now almost impossible for us to get to the OZ1 mall in less than an hour of running/fighting through about 6 OZ sectors full of mutants?

Thirdly, I've infiltrated the Dome of York twice with a mid-level pro-city gentank; first to get my TS kill for the PP epic and the second time when I was defecting that character to TS. The first time, the guards at the bottom of the elevator shaft got off one hit on me before I got to the middle level lift exit. The second time I got out of the lift before they even fired. While those guards are tough, if you can't take one hit from them you have no business raiding an enemy city.

Fourthly, we did get some security upgrades in the last patch, but nothing like what you got. There are now a couple of guards in the middle of abandoned sector 5 outside the Voice of the Resistance offices, and I think I may have seen one or two in other abandoned sectors. But the same 3 second rule applies to them that applies to all mobs in this game; if you get back out of their sight, or past their sight, in 3 seconds or less you're golden.

Make an anti-City character, even if you have to use a 10-day-free-trial disposable account to do it, and go on walkabout scouting the Dome. It's far from impregnable. The guards are in easy to avoid, predictable places and there are at least two clear paths that I know of through the DoY bots outside. (And that doesn't even count the couple of routes that are only guarded by a single DoY Scout bot at a time, and those are even easier to kill than Warbots, which is why they're the same level. They hit a little harder, but I think they have even shorter range and fewer hit points. That's free XP, come and get it.)

Now compare that to the huge, and I mean huge guard presence on the subway platforms in Neocron City (even in Pepper Park and the Outzone, and what's up with THAT?), and remind you just how helpless you are while you're waiting to get into or out of a subway, and bam. You just made it impossible for even a stealther with a high-level stealth tool to get to most of the City without hours and hours of risky lift by lift, sewer by sewer, alley by alley sneaking. And unlike our zones, 9 of your zones have Copbots and/or Screaming Horse thugs not just at the zone boundaries like we do, but literally everywhere you turn around.

You City people are a bunch of freaking crybabies. OK, not all of you, but all of this "wah wah wah, the Dome gets everything and we get nothing" crying is just a load of hogwash. If nothing else, allow me to make the observation that the few things that only we have vendors or smugglers that sell are all blueprintable. Buy one copy from someone inside the Dome, and you can run off all the copies you like. Now contrast that with the far, far superior FSM stuff that you guys have, almost none of which is blueprintable, including all of the level 3 implants and all but one of the ground combat vehicles.

As my parents taught me as a wee little baby, the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.

Toxen
30-04-05, 18:18
Brad i've only just read the first few lines you might wanna go check stuff post patch before saying the CS GR and FA Distric GR are Unguarded

edit:

Now on Second line, Antishock pills are no longer sold incity post patch and oohhh woah Mutants are as tough as fricken DoY guards yea right

edit:

What Security Upgrades.... we got none. infact we lost a safezone in exchange for some copbots.

I never once said it wasn't possible to raid DoY just said it was trickier. As for guards at Oz subway station u again need to check again before spouting off rubish.

I am currently running two accounts 4 Pro 3 Anti and 1 Cm Chars I have in the past hour made Run's starting out at TH on foot using two fairly high level heavy combat tanks, with the intention of reaching an appartment seller to buy an appartment and activate its Genrep. By the end of this little trek with no ppu I was happily swanning around my Pepper park appartment, while my other char was dead on the floor of the TS sector

eprodigy
30-04-05, 18:22
last time i checked, CS, FA, BD, and TS were all guarded. i believe they all are.

CMaster
30-04-05, 18:32
Brad. First - antishock has ALWAYS been availble from Crest Village, a few vendors in the wates - places like Jeriko sector. Also, as of this patch - pro-city has lost access to a LOT of smugglers.

BradSTL
30-04-05, 18:36
last time i checked, CS, FA, BD, and TS were all guarded. i believe they all are.
Uh, no. The three I said I knew were unguarded are all ones I'm in all the time. There are no guards in the genrep rooms of FA or CS until you leave the room. There are guards in the same room as TS, but they have no line of sight to the genrep. What, do I have to post screenshots to prove it?

Toxen
30-04-05, 18:39
Brad there have been turrets in FA Gr room since before this patch there are also two new 120/120 guards in the CS Gr room I will post screenies to prove it if you want. Go check because you are destroying any credibility you have on these forums with every word you say.

edit:

Heck i'll save some time observe below the guards at DoY GR's you say are guard free.

Nidhogg
30-04-05, 18:48
QA testing will continue over the weekend with the aim to release another patch including (but not limited to) a number of newbie item balancing changes early next week. Please continue to report any issues on the bug thread in the meantime to aid our QA team. Thanks.

N

Jesterthegreat
30-04-05, 19:01
Brad there have been turrets in FA Gr room since before this patch there are also two new 120/120 guards in the CS Gr room I will post screenies to prove it if you want. Go check because you are destroying any credibility you have on these forums with every word you say.

edit:

Heck i'll save some time observe below the guards at DoY GR's you say are guard free.

:lol:

well put.

BradSTL
30-04-05, 20:10
OK, somehow I missed the turrets at FAHQ, mea maxima culpa. Those guards in CSHQ have to be new with patch 131, they weren't there on Wednesday; I didn't think to look for them yet because they weren't in the patch notes. Your third example is a public genrep, which I admitted (heck, earlier in the thread bragged) was guarded, but that's true of all of the open-air genreps in the Plaza and Via Rosso, too.

I've got a longer, point-by-point analysis of who gets the advantage in what already drafted; I just need to log in and check a couple more points before I post it. I want to do this as a separate thread, though, because almost none of the "fairness" issues have anything to do with patch 131.

[TgR]KILLER
30-04-05, 20:35
OK, somehow I missed the turrets at FAHQ

turrets in the FA HQ always been there.. only the guards at the FA sector gr are new. at least i never really saw them.

and @ niddy. nib item balancing = good.. things like the stripper can't really harm anything. nor can the buggy.. but the stealthtools and some others can really :p

Toxen
30-04-05, 20:57
edit: Btw my Third example was a DoY gr that wasn't guarded before this patch as for public gr's they are all set to public anyone can GR into DoY but will die from the guards so that statement of yours makes no sense.

OK fair do's Brad but next time ur gonna post please pay attention to the title of the thread which was Patch 131 just cus its not in the notes doesn't mean it hasn't been nerf its good to rember that

BradSTL
30-04-05, 21:04
OK, speaking of balance, I think we have a noob cannon on our hands.

I've now test-hunted with all 3 of the TL10 beginner-mission weapons: the TL10 katana, flamer, and sniper rifle.

The flamer feels about right. Against level 8 to 10 mobs, it does about 20 points of damage per shot, the usual insane rate of fire for flamers, so for all practical purposes the first trigger pull does about 80 points of damage, and it's steady and fast after that. With a cerosine modded one, at the damage cap, I could take down a level 10 robot dog in about 3 seconds, and a level 17 mutant corporal in about 10 or so.

The sniper rifle feels weak to me. I wasn't quite damage capped on it, but it looks like a damage-capped and ammo-modded version of it will do about 100 points of damage per shot to a level 8 to 10 mob, enough to one-shot the lower level ones and two-shot the others. But against anything above level 10, the terrible rate of fire starts to kick in, and you're probably better off with a TL6 Mendicant Rifle.

The katana, on the other hand ... oh, my squelchy dripping squid-god. Against level 8 to 10 mobs, it was doing 200 to 240 points of damage per swing with a rate of fire about equivalent to the sniper rifle. And that wasn't even capped, that was at about 112% damage, so presumably at the damage cap it's going to be closer to 250 or so points of damage per swing. I hate to cry nerf, but this thing seems way, way overpowered for its tech level.

Heavyporker
30-04-05, 21:18
Niddhogg, any news on making the Quad (both civvie and combat) available to the grown-ups?

Making them NExT FSM or DNS would be excellent (DNS more so because then non-NExT or even enemies have a CHANCE to get them through codebreakers)

But I wish that people couldn't roll a newbie hacker in NExT, gr out (or hell, even hack the GR at MC5 to port instantly into NExT DNS(albeit sans TL 90 datacubes)) and just walk into the Database. That's really annoying.

Not just that, but the TL 10 heal, Fireball, and the like? I mean, sure, great that newbies are getting them, but maybe making them available to general population (albeit WITH reqs) would be excellent.

And the naysayers are right - this time, the patch significantly tilted things to DoY - the antidote stuff and cheap nanites aren't in the OZ Mall anymore (is there a fucking point to the OZ Mall now? People had a reason to go there before this patch!) No matter. I fought for the OZ Mall in the past, and I shall continue to do so.

But, balance issues aside, the content stuff (most especially the new maps) is par-excellence! Ghost City Sector RULES!! OMFG this zone RULES!!!

eprodigy
30-04-05, 21:30
btw you cant hack the hack the MC5 GR since a few patches ago (no free ride to the city). also they stacked boxes around the MC5 hacknet dungean as it was bugged i guess.

Dribble Joy
30-04-05, 22:55
Been doing a few of the n00bie missions and the new areas are teh nuts, so much future potential for run areas.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
30-04-05, 23:21
attacked a hc tank at drt on me melee pe.
about even, i get a heal off....
he stealthes away.... O_o
plz say this is a bug with the new newbe shizzle
cos every 1 stealthing,all the time,like spys,like NOOBS!!
will KILL any last chance at good pvp in this game.
and wtf is with the katana kk
u made this big deal about the art dept's sword and its fuking tl 10
:lol: :mad:
but 1 last thing
b4 u add more stuff 2 fuck around with this game
HOW ABOUT SORTING OUT THE STUFF WE GOT ALREADY FFS!!

woc...for instance.
no presure..just a though..MAYBE!

Nidhogg
30-04-05, 23:22
Thread merged. Read up the thread for news on the stealth tool.

N

Ch1n Th3 M4g
30-04-05, 23:24
[ edited ]

gah ffs nid
i just wana make sure u know the changes uve made dont work

Toxen
30-04-05, 23:38
Then read up theres alot of whineing going on either way you really think that a post can go 12 odd pages and not be at least 50% whine :).

Stealth tool yuh should be gettin requirements im gonna make some predictions that its going to require greater than int 10 to stop tanks stealthing but .... as its a newbie item ur still gonna have to keep it low enough in tc req's which means that a pe and monk would probably be able to use it... so that leaves class requirements... which would default be spy but Last time I checked infiltrator was both spy and pe...

So possible work arounds two newbie stealth tools with class reqs for pe or spy, or make it only have a class req of spy and prevent infiltrator PE's.

ehhh the katana does sound a wee bit high powered but, I say keep it that way gives PPU's something to run around with for missions and the like, I could imagine a PPU trying to kill the new 100/100 terminator carrying mob for the call to reeza mission boy thats gonna take a while with a soul cluster.

But I gotta echo the point here, sort stuff thats already sposed to be ingame like WoC. Think the dev team needs to draw a line in the sand in terms of starting any new content that hasn't already been announced and fix everything else up to that point the best it can be.

Just a quick question out to Nid or a GM or anyone else that might be on the staff only Test server, do you guys Test everything in GM mode with god mode and insta kill etc or anything beyond normal level players, cus if you do it may suggest why there are quite a few bugs passing through on stuff thats gettin tested and confirmed as ok such as missions like call to reeza.

Nidhogg
30-04-05, 23:42
Testing is performed with ordinary characters. The newbie runs for example were tested from char creation onward.

N

Ch1n Th3 M4g
30-04-05, 23:46
Testing is performed with ordinary characters. The newbie runs for example were tested from char creation onward.

N

in that case
test more
and think about how things will effect the life for us (the people who pay for the game)

Toxen
30-04-05, 23:50
Ahh just checking... weird that some of the bugs aren't coming out till they hit the main servers, Don't spose your allowed to go into more depth of how you test certain things, I know from speaking to one of the GM's just post patch release that the call to reeza mission was working perfectly on the test server. I mean for example do you test that kinda code with 20 30 people running it at the same time. I know lupus has said that the public test server is offline and from what i've gathered from other places theres no intent to bring a new public one online... what are peoples thoughts on this I can only feel that alot of the issues and whining thats been brought up here could have been headed off at the pass on a public test server.

Also what happend to the plan files, perhaps a new style could be brought into play. Every patch when the notes are posted up a thread could be started for dev's/gm's/mods only, to add posts about what they intend to put in the next patch don't have to go into content spolier levels but just let use know what to expect in terms of whats likely to be working perhaps we can spot some issues prior to wasting time on them. Afterall a MMO is a community.

I dunno im just bouncing Idea's around.

BradSTL
01-05-05, 00:56
TG Canyon doesn't have an all-buyer. If you use NavRay to search for one, it takes you to the faction resource vendors.

(BTW: Those of us on the anti-city side who were at the event where the generator was activated know where the genrep out of Old Canyon is. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Ask around.)

The guards in there seem excessive to me. After scouting it at length, I think I could reach all four smugglers and buy something using an Obliterator. But on the other hand, I saw someone try and fail, and what a pain in the neck that must have been. Even if it could be done, it'd be really touch-and-go. Even though they're faction guards and do a lot of yelling before they open fire, I feel like you could stand to think them out by about half.

(I also think the Boobs & Guns sales-replicant in the g-string and pasties should put some clothes on. Outdoors like that, she looks silly.)

Also, in the department of disgustingly heavy-handed symbolism, how overkill is it that Twilight Canyon now has eagles soaring in it?

Toxen
01-05-05, 02:20
By genrep out, you mean apt 3, pass pubgogo, use the chairs to get in, and GR out. no big secret dude, used to get used mostly by peeps doing FA epic and taking the fast route out save running firemobs again. GRing out don't really bother me cus you can't GR in unless you own an apt. I've been living in the canyon since NC2.

And ohhhh canyon doesn't have an all buyer frick-de-whooping-doo the game is so obviously slanted in favour of NC because you don't have a all buyer.

If you couldn't tell I was been sarcastic.

Btw: those generators look rather vunerable, event coming up to raid them anyone perhaps blow them up and render the canyon un-inhabitable again.

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 02:29
By genrep out, you mean apt 3, pass pubgogo, use the chairs to get in, and GR out. no big secret dude, used to get used mostly by peeps doing FA epic and taking the fast route out save running firemobs again

if someone has done what i assume they have done... i hope kk labels it an exploit and at least gives them a temp ban.

CMaster
01-05-05, 02:34
Also, in the department of disgustingly heavy-handed symbolism, how overkill is it that Twilight Canyon now has eagles soaring in it?
That the guards shoot down. TG are no more freinds of liberty (in my reading of the story) than CA is. Just two bitter old men that want to rule the world.

Vae Victis
01-05-05, 02:55
in that case
test more
and think about how things will effect the life for us (the people who pay for the game) u go girl!

hes right tho, in stead of concentrating on all the NEW PPL ur (hopefully) gonna get from Int. Release, concentrate on those WHO STILL PLAY THE GAME!.

what if Int. Release turns out to be 1 big joke, then wot? u lost players cuz u fixed ur minds on the int release and adding new items/things to the game.
fuck that, fix the stuff we got atm, then add new things.
WoC... outfitter...
atm i cant think up of anything else coz the alcohol is starting to kick in.
fix the stuff we have now, keep ur current customers satisfied, then fix on expanding and getting new customers.

neocron is like a pub.
u gotta keep the regulars, make sure they're happy, give em a free beer once 'n a while, THEN start fixing on exanding, getting new kinds of beer, emmm more tables, more chairs, maybe some hired help to satisfy POSSIBLE new customers, but KEEP THE REGULARS HAPPY! or ur gonna go bankrupt!

makes sense now? i bet it didnt.
whoop dee fokking doo

Toxen
01-05-05, 04:25
Vae's slightly alchly induced post is right though gotta look after the regulars first. Theres an old business addage, I heard once, its 10 times harder to gain a new customer than it is to keep 10 existing customers. And if you've read the Recent PC Zone's review of NC2 and its opinion of people willing to play it, kinda show that those of us that are still here are entrenched for the long run but the game is unlikely to attract many more new players with that kinda review. Btw If you havent read it I recommend you do its a little eye opener on some issues.

Seriously pouring new content into the game doesn't balance it out against the bugs as I posted above perhaps its time to draw a line in the sand and focus on sorting stuff out before moving on.

ZoVoS
01-05-05, 04:29
ah shut up all ppl saying focus on what u have to fix, the noob items are bringing us all a laugh like stleathing around on tanks, lol even if its gona get fixed, besides the noob items are good ideas for WoC items like a WoC kattana and similar, tis all good, especialy looking at the new noob areas, my god it would be great if they implimented sum of them with higher lvl mobs

Toxen
01-05-05, 05:05
So ZoVoS you prefer a new sword over no fre's right click bugs and the like... you want to see a new city introduced before they fixs that anoyying little bug that means you get stuck in long sync and ganked by a mob you havent even seen yet. If you want higher mobs leave the city go hunting don't expect everything to be delivered to your door otherwise whats the point in playing an MMO,

Bringing things upto the mark would mean sorting out all the new content that has already been announced that its going to be implemented in games such as WoC items, Pheonix DB, Hacknet Quest etc. But if you keep on rolling out new content and not going to sort the bugs out what do you end up with...

Toxen
01-05-05, 05:30
Think im running for poster of the month here, slowly working my way onto peoples KoS lists for posting so much heh.

In drifting around the forums today and posting about the patchs I rember pre patch I spoke to a GM about the Drug quest/mini mission from the NPC outside of PP HQ, and that I would be fixed with the patch that came for international release... went up as soon as I got the patch with the items I'd harvested from the plant, I'd got close to 20 of each type of the 6 chems in my inv at the time so you can't argue over quanitity and ran the mission, nada not a thing same bug as before doesn't recognise the fact you have the items.

Can we get a direct response on this Nid, It's begining to feel like they forgot this little mission dude standing up there by PP HQ.

Vae Victis
01-05-05, 08:33
whatever zovos.
ur join date says feb 2005 so unless u had an account before that which got banned, u got no right of saying they should add new stuff first since ur no regular then, or as ppl say, a vet.
im not saying im a vet, but i deffo play this game long enough to say id like to see fixes before they implement new stuff.
and besides that, woc has been promised for over half a year now.

msdong
01-05-05, 08:58
So ZoVoS you prefer a new sword over no fre's right click bugs and the like.....

why dont ppl understand that there are ppl wirh different abilitys workin at KK. some fix program, some fix landscape and some do items.
yes i want new stuff while other bugs get fixed.

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 12:32
neocron is like a pub.
u gotta keep the regulars, make sure they're happy, give em a free beer once 'n a while, THEN start fixing on exanding, getting new kinds of beer, emmm more tables, more chairs, maybe some hired help to satisfy POSSIBLE new customers, but KEEP THE REGULARS HAPPY! or ur gonna go bankrupt!

makes sense now? i bet it didnt.
whoop dee fokking doo

what a great analogy :D

:edit: @ toxen. doesnt work. people dont kos you cos of post count ;)

i know... the many people who have kos'd me never nmentioned my post count

Vae Victis
01-05-05, 12:45
i'd KOS u for ur post count ;)
simply coz its higher than mine

/vent love?

Toxen
01-05-05, 12:46
why dont ppl understand that there are ppl wirh different abilitys workin at KK. some fix program, some fix landscape and some do items.

Yes there are dev's with different abilities, Items, Landscape, Engine Code, if you've been playing long enough you know there are bugs in almost every aspect of the game, from Engine code, to Landscape and Items, Item's are the least buggy simply due to the fact they are not as intergrated into the game as everything else.

I didn't say i didn't want new content, just that first priority should be fixing at least some of the most noticable bugs in the game.

I mean do you actually know what kinda new content you want perhaps besides pheonix db items and woc items which would be stuff sorted out this way.

ZoVoS
01-05-05, 13:58
So ZoVoS you prefer a new sword over no fre's right click bugs and the like... you want to see a new city introduced before they fixs that anoyying little bug that means you get stuck in long sync and ganked by a mob you havent even seen yet. If you want higher mobs leave the city go hunting don't expect everything to be delivered to your door otherwise whats the point in playing an MMO,

Bringing things upto the mark would mean sorting out all the new content that has already been announced that its going to be implemented in games such as WoC items, Pheonix DB, Hacknet Quest etc. But if you keep on rolling out new content and not going to sort the bugs out what do you end up with...

i do cos i dont free i sinc once in a blue moon, from my perspective this game is purrrrrfect =) i get like 1 glitch a day, ohhhh i got 12 in AO lol

whatever zovos.
ur join date says feb 2005 so unless u had an account before that which got banned, u got no right of saying they should add new stuff first since ur no regular then, or as ppl say, a vet.
im not saying im a vet, but i deffo play this game long enough to say id like to see fixes before they implement new stuff.
and besides that, woc has been promised for over half a year now.

and i been playing since the last week of beta4, acount enver got banned just stoped working, infact =P 2 just stoped wroking, pasword retrivals and like never worked for me, i have more troubble out game than in game

:P but i wasnt saying it cos that... im saying it cos the noob items and areas shows kk are getting there shit together, so shut up and give em benefit of the doubt

"and besides that, woc has been promised for over half a year now"

WOC IS IN THE DAM GAME, the items aint and there slowly being filtered in teh game, to my understanding u needed woc 1 inorder to use the xbow now, just because u havent gone and got a disk (yes there are areaas still open, only the biogenics was closed because the exploiting done there, the cybernetics one is sitll open again to the best of my knowlage)

thats another thing,, have u seen the dam sword, it looks fookin ace, the art department are doing a bloody brilliant job, alot of the long term bugs cant be fixed by the ppl doing content, kk may be slow, but they get around to it eventualy,

kk's comunication haz gone 10 fold since nid joined the stormbots,
kk have just implimented tons of new noobmaps, which all look AMAZING, this holds great prospects for future updates
kk HAVE made the game more stable i dont care what u say, i used to free 1-2 a day and sinc every login, i bearly ever sinc and never free (since i droped my screen res to 800-600 :S guess the less drawn on screen the better lol)
i know what things make me sinc so i dont do them, like log out and in or hop characters fast, i just restart the client

also i run nc with NO background processes, even EXPLORER.EXE is closed, i open the launcher through task manager and then close taskmanager

i aint even running on a super computer, AMD3000+ half a gig of memory (i play for houres and see no leak i cant handel) i play in DX7 cos im using a shitty gforce 2 mx 200 64bit

Jesterthegreat
01-05-05, 14:43
i do cos i dont free i sinc once in a blue moon, from my perspective this game is purrrrrfect =) i get like 1 glitch a day, ohhhh i got 12 in AO lol whats more likely to cause others to quit... the bugs or the lack of a tl 10 sword? even if the bugs dont directly effect you... they do indirectly.

sultana
01-05-05, 16:24
"and besides that, woc has been promised for over half a year now"

WOC IS IN THE DAM GAME, the items aint and there slowly being filtered in teh game, to my understanding u needed woc 1 inorder to use the xbow now, just because u havent gone and got a disk (yes there are areaas still open, only the biogenics was closed because the exploiting done there, the cybernetics one is sitll open again to the best of my knowlage)
Haven't actually heard of anyone on the forums who has gotten a WoC disk in the open WoC Dungeons.

I also thought that the WoC items were meant to be more like "bonuses" that weren't really required in PvP, I know granted, the Crossbow isn't needed in PvP. But that thing outdamages a capped slasher and can AoE people for near full damage (stealthers).

edit: Also on the Hacknet thing that was brought up earlier, I was only just in HN before and was fighting someone, thinking, damn this guy has a stupidly good con setup...

It should be fixed soon, Hacknet spies (at high levels) were levelling slow enough as it was, now there isn't much chance of me getting another level for the next month or two.

Toxen
01-05-05, 16:43
Been rackin my brains to try to think of a Real world example how to represent zavos's idea but the only one i can come up is kinda sucky so if anyone can improve upon feel free,

Soo you want new content over bugs gettin fix.... so in real life, you've just bought a new car and you get a flat and have the way your thinking you'd go out and fit a turbo charger before replacing the wheel.

edit: And the Xbow now been WoC Dex 1, was to solve problems with the fact its currently a wee bit over powered and to save nerfing it to death it also makes it more pointless to dupe by exploit has the reqs for it now require a huge ammount of work to be able to use it.

HOG
01-05-05, 22:45
i havent read for more topics about them but im sure they are here and im sure ill get bitched at as usual. But i have to say kk u have to fix that stealth tool ASAP. It really is destroying the gameplay.

Nidhogg
01-05-05, 23:17
Thread merged.

N

Tratos
04-05-05, 16:20
Can we please have this or something to that effect added to the launcher and have somone with the ability change the patch notes and possibly add the missing notes from Patches 123 124 and 125.

I know its bumping an older patch thread but it is in relation to 131.