PDA

View Full Version : why oh why?

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 07:59
ok... my computer seems content to fuck up no matter what i do.

the latest is my mouse. now i like my mouse, its a Razer DiamondBack. however recently it has been playing up, making gaming all but impossible.

so every once in a while, usually every few seconds, my mouse will just turn off. as if it is unplugged. most of the time it will turn back on after a few seconds.

i figured it could be a port issue... i have 4 usb ports. one i used for the modem, giving me 3 to play with. it happens on all 3.

from the fact that my modem is unaffected i would guess its not a USB issue in general, more likely a driver conflict or a memory issue (no idea how much mem it takes to run one of these beasts. its one of those 2400 dpi babies with a funky red glow :p) i reinstalled the drivers last night the lazy mans way (whack em over the top) and it didnt help. ill try removing them, rebooting, then puttin them back on either this morning or tonight.

i think anyone on vent will tell you how sick they are of hearing the win xp default "hardware removed" and "hardware found" sounds... as am i :p

Siygess
28-04-05, 09:24
Odd, but I think that may be more common than you think - I have two of Microsoft's entry level optical mice (on two different computers, obviously).. both are USB, and they both do this. On my main PC it's not so bad.. just once or twice a week, but on my other PC, it happens at least once every time you use it, and can last for ten - fifteen minutes at a time.

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 09:30
I used to have one of those realy expensive fancy 80 button wireles optical mice.

I used it one day, then i got myself the cheapest logitech optical mouse and it works like a charm.

Wireless mice seem to deactivate themselves to save batteries. It's not good for gaming.

james_finn
28-04-05, 09:38
Jester get in contact with the Razor technical support, for once they are actually quite good, there is live chat on the internet, just wait for someone to turn up and ask them, there maybe newer drivers for the diamondback, or perhaps there are some windows compatibility problems, any way these guys should be able to help!

Delphi

Kuya
28-04-05, 09:51
i think anyone on vent will tell you how sick they are of hearing the win xp default "hardware removed" and "hardware found" sounds... as am i :p

...ONOZ teh horror of teh sound, i CANT take it anymore AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......SAVE YOURSELFS!!!111oneoneoen

Bugs Gunny
28-04-05, 10:23
Kuya, say 11111oneoneone111 one more time and i'm presonaly comming for your belt :-)

I HATE that h4xtalk.

netster
28-04-05, 11:45
hmmm when the modem doesnt act like the mouse .... i would give the mouse (hardware, not driver) the fault :/