PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Patch Notes!

kane
26-04-05, 19:33
WTB: Patch Notes!
Paying very good make a offer :D :lol:

aKe`cj
26-04-05, 19:41
mh.. ok, lets say... 5 $US ? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

and because I trust you, you get the patch notes before billing:

Fixes
- Fixed broken Hacknet model animations.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the new BlackDragon Epic reward apartment.
- Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you have finished the Black Dragon Epic. Currently no one outside the BlackDragon faction is able to receive such a key. We are working on a fix for this problem.
- Fixed a broken NPC in the Hacknet.
- Removed the Ionic Shotgun weapon's ammo from the traders.
- Fixed an issue with the Juggernaut mission. However, there is still another problem, the mission status does not mention that, in addition to the parts, you need to kill 5 Warbot LX-15 to complete it.

Balancing
- Reworked Pistol Skill again to reflect the intended "low weaponlore" requirement, as a result WEP's value has been reduced & the others increased further to take up the slack. Aim has also been heavily increased again, as a result if should cap well before the other areas.
- Reworked Aim cap on Rifles, it should require less skill to cap Aim now.
- Added 3 new Hacknet Softwares. 2 Attack and 1 Heal. The TL3 "HEW Attack Software v0.01", TL3 "Cryton Regeneration Software v0.05" & TL12 "HEW Attack Software v0.05".
- Removed all flying mobs from the Beginner MC5 temporarily .
- The PPU Antidote, Anti-Damage Boost & Anti-Shock are now useable in safezones.

Gameworld
- Increased the Newbie MC5 Boss mob spawn occurance slightly.

Misc.
- Spy & PE Hacker templates now start with the two TL3 Hacknet software & an extra stamina booster in stead of the 9mm Pistol & 2 clips of ammo. The template skills have been adjusted to reflect the inventory change as well.

Kuya
26-04-05, 19:53
:o :o :o

kane
26-04-05, 19:58
mh.. ok, lets say... 5 $US ? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

and because I trust you, you get the patch notes before billing:
I ment the international release lol you n00b!

aKe`cj
26-04-05, 20:03
I ment the international release lol you n00b! meh are teh very sorry .....

... but someone posting funny threads like this one should really speak a lot more 1337 than just a single 'n00b!' there.. dont hide away your character Sir!

/edit to give this post at least a little reason to exist:

Be patient... let them know you are waiting and you dislike it, but show patience! Doing things in a hurry results in having a few more extra-patches ...patches of a kind no-one wants to see. We've been told what the team has been working on and I expect that this is what we are going to see summed up in the patchnotes. ...so look arround for the bits n' pieces ...there is a slight chance you spot stuff that will be patched... at least Nidhogg says so

athon
26-04-05, 21:11
meh are teh very sorry .....

... but someone posting funny threads like this one should really speak a lot more 1337 than just a single 'n00b!' there.. dont hide away your character Sir!

/edit to give this post at least a little reason to exist:

Be patient... let them know you are waiting and you dislike it, but show patience! Doing things in a hurry results in having a few more extra-patches ...patches of a kind no-one wants to see. We've been told what the team has been working on and I expect that this is what we are going to see summed up in the patchnotes. ...so look arround for the bits n' pieces ...there is a slight chance you spot stuff that will be patched... at least Nidhogg says so
I wouldn't worry about - the noob has only just returned (if you couldn't already tlel by his forum title) and is more bothered about ranting and whining than reading up to find out what he's missed.

Athon Solo

[TgR]KILLER
26-04-05, 21:20
I wouldn't worry about - the noob has only just returned (if you couldn't already tlel by his forum title) and is more bothered about ranting and whining than reading up to find out what he's missed.

Athon Solo

actually wanted to say something like that..

crist a few of the guys who just came back.. i haven't seen a single constructive post of any of them.. i gues thats the kind that made the 24% review :rolleyes:

aKe`cj
26-04-05, 21:42

Athon Solo

... and thats pretty much what does worry me
;)

-FN-
26-04-05, 21:54
http://nc.synergyxr.net/patchnotes.php

:p

Robert [GS]
26-04-05, 22:23
PATCH IS COMING !!!!111one

i hope it :(

-FN-
26-04-05, 22:27
']PATCH IS COMING !!!!111one

i hope it :(

Nid said something about 'rustling up' some preview patch notes sometime this week... just gotta wait for 'em.

kane
26-04-05, 22:43
KILLER']actually wanted to say something like that..

crist a few of the guys who just came back.. i haven't seen a single constructive post of any of them.. i gues thats the kind that made the 24% review :rolleyes:

thats what scares me :mad:

Nid said something about 'rustling up' some preview patch notes sometime this week... just gotta wait for 'em.

Yeah I saw that also and I also said like week or so patch come out or somthing I forget but that was like 1 + month ago not sure now :P don't see it here :D

Brammers
26-04-05, 22:58
Yeah I saw that also and I also said like week or so patch come out or somthing I forget but that was like 1 + month ago not sure now :P don't see it here :D

More like 2 nights ago...NOT 1 month ago. Killer is right, some of the returning people are not posting anything constructive.

From here http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1797221#post1797221

Hot off the press...

We're hoping to patch to the international release level next week, even if the boxed release hasn't managed to hit the shelves. As always that's not to be taken as a guarantee (and you'd be daft for believing me if I said it was :p ) but it's our plan.

I'll try and rustle up a preview of the patch notes but that won't happen until after the weekend.

N

/edit - now back to my "amusing" comments :p

Little tip - read the sticky post at the top of the forums called Reakktor Postings (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122023)

kane
27-04-05, 04:49
We are still targeting the international release at March 25th (i.e. the last Friday in the quarter). The only outstanding issue we have is an ongoing discussion with PEGI over the game's rating and associated printed "icons" illustrating the level of violence, sex, swearing etc. This still needs to be resolved which is preventing us from printing the package inlays and this is likely to push everything back by a couple of weeks.

Everything else is ready to go though so we don't anticipate any further slippage. Unfortunately we can't just re-use the NC1 rating, even though our strippers are less "exposed" now.

N

:) :D :P

[TgR]KILLER
27-04-05, 11:10
kane thats about as usefull as copying release dates from nc1 and saying they din't make it..

we all know why march 25 wasn't met because of rating problems and some other stuff. don't only read what you want to read if you wanna quote stuff that was posted in the time you weren't here you should read up on everything before quoting the first thing you see posted that might help you flame the game some more.

Bugs Gunny
27-04-05, 12:11
I'm a fan of the game, but the last 6 months i've been getting this picture of us player more and more:

"We're the donkey, and KK is riding us, holding a stick and carrout out, while we keep shitting gold coins for them."

My accounts are expiring in two days.
I'll just wait to see what this patch of salvation brings before putting down some more cash.

Street
27-04-05, 12:18
for once i aggree, but the catch is - for online pvp and depth, there is nothing better than nc, KK knows this and continue to do nothing about the bugs because we're still paying them

numb
27-04-05, 12:55
KK knows this and continue to do nothing about the bugs because we're still paying them

I'm not entirely sure that's true. There appears to be far less subscribers now than in NC1. I'm speculating but I gather it must be tough for KK to pay for the servers, salaries (for devs + support) and for their offices with this many subscribers!

What if KK stop all other development and worked solely on bug fixes, if this took a few months (and I imagine it would do with small dev team), I think quite a few people are going to be complaining about the lack of other updates.

A few bugs have affected me lately, I had the inventory bug last night, I find it annoying going up grav lifts with others (my mate appears to stick in the lift), I've had the tradebg and occasionally i get stuck in sync logging in (but only logging in). From my point of view, none of these are show stoppers (although the inventory bug can be a real pain).

netster
27-04-05, 13:06
i just hope, they will prerelease the patch on BT again, since it should be a big patch thought (when really so much stuff will be changed :o...)

LOST
27-04-05, 13:23
lets face it...
getting away from the abuse toward kk, we pretty much know what the patch will include...from the newbie experience, item tracking to even the quad bike maybe..or god forbid the possibility of the phoenix 8| .

if they have someone switched on, the art department would have been working on new mob models...even changing skins of ingame models to differentiate mobs..they could quite easily (one would think) code them to spawn at certain locations. And for the most part high level players will be off to see (and kill) these new additions -even any low lvl mobs- just because theyre new. OK it might only occupy the population for a week before they dissolve into the game and stop being special -but for that time no one will be bitching (or at least not as much)

regants open with several levels accesed by lifts at the end of each level. filled with new modelled mutants, with a dazling array or low tech and high tech weapons. starting at 50/50* on the first level to 120/120*** on the fourth or fifth. smugglers to be found hiding in there selling arty chips (1/2) and maybe even 0slot weapons (at 100%). 120's possibly dropping parts.
anyone fancy some new mobs ?

Jesterthegreat
27-04-05, 13:47
I'm not entirely sure that's true. There appears to be far less subscribers now than in NC1. I'm speculating but I gather it must be tough for KK to pay for the servers, salaries (for devs + support) and for their offices with this many subscribers!

bear in mind nc went from the cheapest mmo on the market (nc1) to the most expensive (nc2).

they had enough dollar to hire nid and someone else (was it lupus that was copbot, is now stormbot?)

aKe`cj
27-04-05, 14:15
they had enough dollar to hire nid and someone else (was it lupus that was copbot, is now stormbot?)

Chenoa, Arbiter, Lupus, Carbonite, Plasmastorm, Nidhogg ..all joined the STORM-guild with nc2 (maybe I even forgot someone). On top of that KK expands their on-site team (~5ish new fulltime DEV's)..so say rumors ;)

Nidhogg
27-04-05, 14:23
In advance of patch notes, can I tempt you with a 148 page English manual instead? ;) See the Announcement for more details.

N

Maester Seymour
27-04-05, 14:32
In advance of patch notes, can I tempt you with a 148 page English manual instead? ;) See the Announcement for more details.
Sweet. ;)

/me Goes to download

[TgR]KILLER
27-04-05, 17:49
ohhh english manual sexeh been waiting for that one !

CMaster
27-04-05, 20:01
Yay, filled in the gap in the timeline.

kane
27-04-05, 23:32
I want know if we can buy like full box compy without another serial just have the nice manual :D