PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer screwie

dark_reaper
26-04-05, 17:36
My internet Explorer is freaken bugged, every time I use it it crashes and now I have switched to Firefox. But when I scan for spyware with ad aware, the program Freezes when it hit IE. Also with this combination with IE and Winamp I get the dreaded BSOD. Any suggestions?

aKe`cj
26-04-05, 18:01
format C:

...no, not kidding. Next time secure your sys from day-1 and refrain from using IE or ad-aware or whatever else BS-malware you utilized to ruin your computers health.

msdong
26-04-05, 18:16
how about uninstall IE ?

aKe`cj
26-04-05, 18:58
how about uninstall IE ?
In case he uses win XP ...good luck with that. Anyhow I stick to what I said above... to speak of an example: look at Neocron. You'll see it is impossible to completly fix something thats been borked to hell. Setting up a sys again is not fun and yes, it is very time consuming - but it pays to have a sys that works neatly, thats not a danger to itself + other computers..and where you can quickly take action if something is not working as intended... instead of running arround with scissors and sticky-tape to somehow hold together the fouling bits n' pieces.
The Explorer digs deep into the OS concerning XP.. I'd invenst a few hours on performing a solid backup + clean install.

dark_reaper
26-04-05, 19:39
There is nothing wrong with useing adaware. Not the spyware one. But I do plan to reformat, but I have to wait for my new primary drive to show up. WD 250gb SATA drive. I also plan to make my new toolkit that has Firefox, ad-aware, spybot sd, AVG, and a few other software.

But Format C has never let me down.

Format C > All

Masentaja
28-04-05, 19:22
Tried to reinstall windows?
whenever i had problems with windows, i just putted cd in and reinstalled, it didnt format everything, and usually fixed some major corruption etc

Spermy
28-04-05, 20:29
1)There is nothing wrong with useing adaware.

2)Format C > All

1) :lol:

2) /agree :) although a format on it's own is quite useless... you may want to reinstall your OS :p

dark_reaper
28-04-05, 23:01
I am just going to reformat everything, but there is a small problem. The startup cannot read my install disk. It is on a sata system too. I know there is a software you can use at start up that can reformat but I am not shure what it is called. Any help will be appreciated.

athon
28-04-05, 23:03
I am just going to reformat everything, but there is a small problem. The startup cannot read my install disk. It is on a sata system too. I know there is a software you can use at start up that can reformat but I am not shure what it is called. Any help will be appreciated.
Check your BIOS settings - particularly the boot order (to get into the bios settings, there's usually an instruction like "Press DEL to enter setup" on the first or second screen as your PC boots.

Athon Solo

dark_reaper
28-04-05, 23:08
oh yea, i forgot about that. It has been ages sence I have reformated my PC and it needs it.

Spermy
29-04-05, 00:05
Mine needs to be taken outsde and burned...

But I can't bring myself to do it :S

dark_reaper
29-04-05, 01:00
Now it will not let me reformat the Harddrive. I cant even get past the boot up screen. I have an sata drive.

dark_reaper
29-04-05, 06:12
damn, now ntldr is missing, i have been through this problem before but I cannot remember what to do now. I even googled it and still no answers.

darkservent
30-04-05, 02:13
Dont you worry IE will improve with longhorn. Gosh I wonder if thats what theyll call the new windows - WINDOWS LONGHORN. I mean dam its to long for ppl to say.

Well I too have been gettin alot of IE crashes and any instances of the main window. Wierd shit. Just not got use to the firefox as I been on IE soo much.