PDA

View Full Version : Chessboards and Checkers for Neocron!

Heavyporker
26-04-05, 16:23
Board games for Neocron! Board games for Neocron!

numb
26-04-05, 16:28
I want this too. Main reason I miss the mod options of NC1 because these things were more than possible for a community member to develop and host a server for.

Omnituens
26-04-05, 16:39
Yup, i'd love to see a chess set item for apt :D :D

Drake6k
26-04-05, 17:14
didn't you ever play plaza 2 darts?

Tankz0r
26-04-05, 17:22
didn't you ever play plaza 2 darts?
haha ya that was fun(well when you had run out of other stuff to do)

used to throw psi boosters and stam boosters at the window

That's nothing I threw freakin' swords!

To stay on topic you have a good idea, also we need deus ex1 style pool and basketball.
oh did have a tsunami epic rifle throwing sessions once when they were dropping as mob loot.

did try playing baseball once using a bat and peice of meat, but no matter how hard you try you can never hit the thing :(

Drake6k
26-04-05, 17:26
haha ya that was fun(well when you had run out of other stuff to do)

used to throw psi boosters and stam boosters at the window

That's nothing I threw freakin' swords!

To stay on topic you have a good idea, also we need deus ex1 style pool and basketball.

Heavyporker
26-04-05, 17:44
MmmMmMMm.. darts..

man.. it's been forever since I played Plaza Two Darts.

Hmm.. don't exploding hand grenades leave smear marks on walls?

Maybe one could use hand grenades to play Plaza Two Darts now... hm.

jini
26-04-05, 18:02
Voted Yes, but I allways wanted to write on the walls firing with bullet guns or burning with lasers :D That i allways wanted to have...

Durandal|AI
26-04-05, 18:14
I really think KK have other things on their minds right now..........
But yay BoardGames !

Tantta
26-04-05, 20:14
chess to tech haven :lol:
voted yes.

athon
26-04-05, 21:06
No - Because there's far more important content that needs to be worked on - including, but not limited to the contents of my sig.

Athon Solo

Heavyporker
27-04-05, 00:32
Athon, you know that this would be for the content team to work on, not the programmers?

Nidhogg
27-04-05, 00:42
If you've got enough space you could lay mats down to make a board and then use cola bottles etc. as pieces. The game's over when either someone wins or the king sinks into the ground and vanishes. ;)

N

-FN-
27-04-05, 00:43
Your post reminds me of this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=81669)...

Good idea - I'd play.

Glok
27-04-05, 00:49
My god, FN, that thread you linked is full of people that have dropped off the planet (the Neocron planet at any rate)... it just made me realize what has changed in the few months I was, um, stewing.

edit: And Nid's idea kicks ass. Checkers/chess with the element of god's wrath, you never know when one of your men might go POOF!

Heavyporker
27-04-05, 03:03
Hmm... lemme figure out that'd work.

jini
27-04-05, 07:23
The main problem with colas, would be that, by the moment you would have setup the table laying down the colas stuff, then the bottles would start to disapear.

@KK: make so we can draw in the walls like real gunfighters :D and make the stuff inside apts not dissapear

@Glok: yes, saw that too. it is dissapointing, I realy miss scikar

Superbron
27-04-05, 08:35
You could actually level Intelligence while playing boardgames. Would be very odd to see all those monks playing chess all day long... :D

kane
27-04-05, 09:02
If you've got enough space you could lay mats down to make a board and then use cola bottles etc. as pieces. The game's over when either someone wins or the king sinks into the ground and vanishes. ;)

N

KoS :lol: :cool: :p

athon
27-04-05, 19:40
Athon, you know that this would be for the content team to work on, not the programmers?
There would still be programming involved. I'd rather see the content team working on better models, skins and, what would be a real improvement, new op designs.

Athon Solo

Guilt
27-04-05, 20:42
hmm i may be wrong, but i think i can remember somewhere saying that nc2 would bring some kind of in game games like gambling in Pepper park. but i gotta terrible memory so hey im probs wrong :lol: :p

landofcake
27-04-05, 21:00
dunno about chess but i'd like darts, or snooker ...

Does anyone remember the pool tables in Deus Ex ? :)

Heavyporker
27-04-05, 22:45
Gambling works. Go to Jail or BD sector in DoY.

jini
28-04-05, 08:02
There would still be programming involved. I'd rather see the content team working on better models, skins and, what would be a real improvement, new op designs.

Athon SoloThen, this is kinda new, because a couple weeks before it was: "eye candy sucks and gameplay pwns all "... errrm stop disagreeing all the time lol...
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1793906#post1793906

Jesterthegreat
28-04-05, 08:04
Then, this is kinda new, because a couple weeks before it was: "eye candy sucks and gameplay pwns all "... errrm stop disagreeing all the time lol...

having a preferance for what the content team should work on doeant mean "gfx > all!!1!1111oneone" ;)

athon
28-04-05, 09:24
Then, this is kinda new, because a couple weeks before it was: "eye candy sucks and gameplay pwns all "... errrm stop disagreeing all the time lol...
Yes -notice how I emphasize that feature I would like most worked on - op designs - a GAMEPLAY feature as opposed to purely an eye candy feature. And while I do put gameplay way over graphics, graphics can still go some way toimproving the game - particularly for the purpose of reviews where all the reader/viewer has to go on is the review write-up / talk and the screenshots / movies shown.

While I do believe that gameplay is much more important than graphics, that doesn't mean graphics doesn't factor at all.

Athon Solo