PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Construction

numb
26-04-05, 11:26
Is it really necessary to drag blue print after blue print into your construction window when you are mass producing parts? I've never been a constructor before, and I find this annoying (mass producing BPs is so much easier). Is there another way around?

enigma_b17
26-04-05, 11:29
nope im afraid not, tis the only way to do it (short of hiring other constructors)

Bugs Gunny
26-04-05, 11:35
I kind of like he suspense of the wait and see if it turns into a 5 slotter or not.
Plus you rarely do more than a batch of 50 anyway.

I was doing csting last week, for noob leveling weapons and i'm almost broke too :-)

Anyway,... who else noticed that the required parts for low level weapons are WAY OFF !!!
They should be changed so that a constructor can make a small 5-15% profit if he has a capped barter buy the parts and sell the weapons

Durandal|AI
26-04-05, 11:43
Heh early days in NC1 you had to drag the datacube AS WELL as the chems into proc............. that was fun :rolleyes:

edit: bugs is right when it comes to consting lowlvl stuff and profits. Few Consters if any make noob weps these days (no market, noobs dont have money), and since you cant get a return for your time spent even with a barter.... well i rather do a hundred TL90 spells nobody uses and make some decent money.

Original monk
26-04-05, 11:53
Heh early days in NC1 you had to drag the datacube AS WELL as the chems into proc............. that was fun :rolleyes:

:D :D yeah ! when i first saw that the chems popped into the window by emselve i was like OMG: amazed :)

Freaky Fryd
26-04-05, 12:14
Actually, with only 103 barter on my constructor, I was able to make a little bit of cash even off of TL 3 heals.

That's keeping the 3+ slotters, and selling the 0-2 slotters back to the vendor (unmodded, due to the value increase being less than the mod)

I've done up over 1500 TL 3 heals, and the same amount in both TL 25 shelters and basic deflectors. It's not about making money with the low level ones, but you'll at least break even with 100 barter.

Dribble Joy
26-04-05, 12:37
Yes, bring in batch building, as long as you can do the same with all other leveling. I don't want to hunt all those mobs, it's boring.

numb
26-04-05, 12:42
Yes, bring in batch building, as long as you can do the same with all other leveling. I don't want to hunt all those mobs, it's boring.

You can sit there with a weapon or whatever in your processor + a research tool, with 100 datacubes in your inventory and just click process over and over. It would be nice to drop a stack of BPs in your processor imo.

Scanner Darkly
26-04-05, 12:44
Yeah the good old days of construction: when all the parts looked the same :rolleyes:
You kids have it so much easier these days and still it aint enough.... :D

Jesterthegreat
26-04-05, 13:56
You can sit there with a weapon or whatever in your processor + a research tool, with 100 datacubes in your inventory and just click process over and over. It would be nice to drop a stack of BPs in your processor imo.

as dj said... gimme the ability to do this on my combat char.

constant mob spawns in one spot, mobs that dont move, so i can just click away.

numb
26-04-05, 15:04
as dj said... gimme the ability to do this on my combat char.

constant mob spawns in one spot, mobs that dont move, so i can just click away.

I suppose if you find playing a tradeskill character as interesting as playing a combat character that's totally fair.

Constant mob spawns in one stop would make PVE even more boring. I dont see how having to drag a BP across your screen being a highlight point of constructing. Admiteddly this requires some major skill if you want to be the fastest constructor in the west ;)

IMO things like this just make tradeskill a less attractive alternative to be able to PvP as efficiently as the people who buy your weapons. Obviously different people like different things though.

edit: Another thing, I havent played since NC1 (although I am playing now), is construction working like NC1 research was working, where you needed to go to a shop or something like that in order to level once you've received so much XP to stop people just setting their mouse on research to cap? I suppose it would be fair to add that to combat aswell if you want those spawns in one place, and then where would the difference be?

Durandal|AI
26-04-05, 17:42
It's not about making money with the low level ones, but you'll at least break even with 100 barter.

Oh that you do, but I must say its all about the cash (at least with me) :D
Only reason i const lowTL stuff like Heals is for private use and having some in stock when crazy people offer crazy money for slotted ones.
Still, making TL80+ Spells with 100+ barter gives you a way better profit for the same time invested. Plus, you can get really nice prices on those 5slot HolyHeals :rolleyes:

Scanner Darkly
26-04-05, 18:42
High TL missions give ok money - my constructor gets:

14,000NC for a TL150 mission
~8000NC for TL140
~6400NC for TL130

I do maybe 5 TL150 missions out of a large tub of CG depending on how much I fail. Even if I only do one TL150 mission from a big tub of CG bought for 8k I'm still going to make an ok profit. Added bonus is that I have a nearly capped SL and my belts are hard as nails to hack ^_^

Then again this is impossible to do in bulk, but you can just keep doind mission after mission until your brain combusts.

LOST
27-04-05, 13:12
I do maybe 5 TL150 missions out of a large tub of CG depending on how much I fail. Even if I only do one TL150 mission from a big tub of CG bought for 8k I'm still going to make an ok profit. Added bonus is that I have a nearly capped SL and my belts are hard as nails to hack ^_^

Then again this is impossible to do in bulk, but you can just keep doind mission after mission until your brain combusts.
my constructor has 100 sl and some 8| .

constructing as it is, although so boring, is actually ok.
personally think more love to the researchers....anything under tl50 is almost instant for constructors right ? thats another 5 - 30 seconds per bp that you'll never get back.

and the silly jumping 'anti-macro' processor window is the most anoying thing ingame. (possibly exagerrated but close...) It doesnt prevent a macro being used - just makes a genuine person bping have to 'find' his start button every 6 odd goes.

enigma_b17
27-04-05, 13:59
researching does take a bit longer then constructing yea. Personally I think they should introduce the idea i posted in the brainport a while back where mass constructing you can do at factories, where u throw in the parts, the blueprints and hit ok. You get no exp or anything apart from the finished bps, it has the same tl as the cstr and takes like a few minutes to do it. Maybe limit it to 50 bps at a time or somed. I also believe the quality of a weapon should be based on the researcher who bpd it. Researcher should get their names on blueprints and the quality of the bp should influence the final build quality, which is one way that kk can improve slot chances.