PDA

View Full Version : The Mac Five Clan

Bugs Gunny
25-04-05, 16:59
Here's just an idea, based on a crazy thought i had a while ago, and which reapeared in my alcohol scorched brain, due to mental linking related to a certain thread that i recently was able to proces and store.

Just imagine a clan being formed in noob MC5, who would call themselves the mac fives. The object is to greet the new players and convince them that that's the entire world. The genrep is there if you want to delete your character, and they should pull their le to be able to receive xp when joining you to level.

How many people would actualy do this, and would KK allow us to do it?

Genty
25-04-05, 17:15
Well, several problems spring to mind.

1. No Citycoms.
2. Epic?
3. Clan Key?

Good Luck with that.

enigma_b17
25-04-05, 17:49
u want to create a clan and stay in mc5 all the time? mother of holy god that would be the most borin thing i could think of. Im all for helpin newbies but leadin them astray is not what i had in mind :P

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 17:50
Hahaha, is this a continuation of your cult idea?

I think if enough people got behind this, we could start our own alternative MC5 only society and have a bigger pop than the rest of terra.

SovKhan
25-04-05, 17:51
doubtfull with the pop of terra lately. but still funny/good idea.

BradSTL
25-04-05, 17:58
I stand by my opinion that there is nothing in the world this game needs less, than for a lot of people at rank 2 to 10 taking out their Law Enforcement chips. And for the ever-loving life of me, I can not think of any benefit that players in beginner MC5 would get out of belonging to a clan -- not least of which because they belong to all 12 factions, and even if the populations were to double I doubt there would be more than 2 to 6 players from each faction with characters still in MC5.

So I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't think you've thought this one through.

CMaster
25-04-05, 18:02
I think we should just do the "cult" thing on one of the German servers, for a vaiety of reasons.
1: It would enable people with only 1 account to partcipate
2: It would confuse the hell out of the germans, especially when we start pleading with them in english to not go through the genrep.
3: It would just be funny.

SovKhan
25-04-05, 18:11
^ most germans speak at the very least basic english.

CMaster
25-04-05, 18:24
I know - that would just add to the confusion.

SovKhan
25-04-05, 18:45
think we should say it in spanish cus they wouldnt know wtf anyone was saying.

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 18:50
PM me if you'll really go through with this on a German server - would love to roll a newb there :D

Toxen
25-04-05, 19:52
Hehe bugs been at the paint thinner again.

Though your initial idea is perhaps more out of jest than anything, I think its actually a good idea to increase player presense in newbie MC5, alot of people these days just run straight for the genrep if they're starting a new char or if theres a total newbie on occ or help channel they are often advised to GR out of MC5 straight off.

Admitedly MC5 needs a major overhaul perhaps expand it into 4 zones or put in some other leveling type caves basicly a bit more encouragement to remain at MC5 longer than the 30 seconds to make it from the the spawn room to the GR.

Also while im here and as it seems as its lets pick on MC5 week, im going to pick on the fact where MC5 is located in the wastelands,

ITS TOO CLOSE TO DOY!

*Watchs anti-city race to their keyboards in protest*

cmon just look at in on the map when MC5 was originally placed on the map DoY wasn't inhabited so it didn't really pose a problem now that doy is the major stronghold of 5 factions, the likely hood of those 5 holding the ops around MC5 thus controling the GR's and preventing pro-city from reaching mc5 sector boundries with relative ease. Aswell as this is a high class top secret facility and reeza would have probably ordered it relocated as soon as he became aware of those moving to doy that harboured resentment of his policies in neocron and in particular the brainwashing programme that anti-cities are obviously aware of.

So what I propose is move MC5 to the Volcano (while leaving the existing one as an open abandoned sector with a few rouge bots left over for leveling purposes), its idealy located rough equal distrance between doy and nc, perhaps work in a new entrance via the gaya mine from the north and an entrance from the south via the canyon. The new mc5 outpost is located near the sumit the gayamine entrance links into a series of caves that contain high level firemobs and various terrain navigational challenges which could end with you falling into the lava if you do them to quickly (basicly this prevents people from just running through) these then exit near to the MC5 base entrance. The canyon access to the volcano was created by the reacent explosive activity at the canyon which could cause a landslide which now allows access to the platou that leads to the base of the volcano, to reach the MC5 base u must follow a very narrow winding path cut into the side of the volcano fighting various high level mobs on route perhaps some MC5 bots, or turrets, perhaps a new mob too something based on a bear perhaps. Of course you must be skillful and agile while following the route up the face of the volcano as the path is narrow you may slip and fall to you doom (or at least keep falling through the zone lines until you reach the base of the volcano and have to start again. Plus this could very easily be implemented without having to write any new code other than duplicate stuff already in game (though new sector design would be in order) as for the face of the volcano the way to do this best I think would be to basicly limit it to 3-5 sectors tall and one sector wide so floor level of the sector is the incline of the land, for example say that the base of the volcano was west zone edge of the sector this is also the lowest point in the sector, as you proceed east you gain altitude till you hit the east zone line and zone into the lowest point of the next sector and repeat until you hit the summit, this avoids having to cross through the flight ceiling of the sector which would allow gliders and other air vech's with skilled pilots to fly up the face of the volcano, but if you think about trying it with a hoverteck or some land based vechial it would be just too steep

-=Jismo=-
25-04-05, 20:47
i think that would a cool idea but i doubt kk will ever get round to anything of the sort as there already about 5 mouths behind >_<

Bugs Gunny
25-04-05, 23:31
Cmaster, i'm with you on that one :-)

Let's take those people who vote yes and make Chars all named the same.

For instance i recall some of phoenix mercs going on massive noob pking spree with 0/2's with all of us named NAPOLEON I, II, III etc...

I day we make chars called MAC SOMETHING , i'll make MAC RABBIT.
We make them believe they are on the English server and the GR is for deleting their char.

EDIT: MAC RABBIT is now a melee tank on mars. Doomed to live in mc5 forever.

Nidhogg
26-04-05, 00:38
How many people would actualy do this, and would KK allow us to do it?
Do I really need to answer that? :rolleyes: Besides, the only destination on that GR reads "Apartment", not "Exit the game".

Seriously, it's a really stupid idea.

N

Vae Victis
26-04-05, 02:54
Bugs...
I'm gonna go to court and ask them if they can put you behind bars for having that idea.

and no more beer for u ;)

Scanner Darkly
26-04-05, 03:16
Nid did you read his original "cult" idea, well it was a pretty funny post...

It's not like we would be making newcomers feel bad, it was just a bit of well intentioned silliness. Anyway, I'm sure having a bunch or weathered meatbags in MC5 rather than just NPCs would be more fun for the new players - and I'm sure most of them would figure out we were RP nutters and the GR was indeed just that. I'm sure if this was actually to happen, super happy fun time could be had by all!

Anyway,

hope there will be some mention of the patch soon amigo :)

hegemon
26-04-05, 08:06
I think we should

The four most insidious words that can be muttered when a group of people get together to work are “I think we should.” Any sentence uttered in a multiple-person situation that starts with these is meant to be disruptive and non-productive. It’s a mean statement designed to prevent concrete action, padded in weasel language. (http://pintday.org/archive/20021022)

Just a random connection my brain made in the morning. Read the link, damnit.

Kuya
26-04-05, 09:03
Bugs...
I'm gonna go to court and ask them if they can put you behind bars for having that idea.

and no more beer for u ;)

iCe where is your freshcore SIG??????????????????????????

Bugs Gunny
26-04-05, 09:04
Well, it is all intended to be fun.
It's not intended to be disruptive to the game, just a bit of fooling around when bored of constant pvping.

Neocron is not just a leveling threadmill followed by the high end pvp and op wars. There's a lot more fun to be had.
I was part of the red sl factionless "we recycle our own weapons" roleplayers living in saturn crest. The best laughs i ever had were doing that.

I'm sure there's people out there looking for something new, and just imagine a band of noob characters all leveling up in mc5, roleplaying a cult.
We'll help out the noobs comming in, give them explanations etc, maybe not tell them they're on an english server etc, but just stay in character all the time when we're talking to "oustiders", and constantly telling them not to got to the "replicator of deletion" :-)

I'll set up a teamspeak server if this hits off.

P.S. maybe we can try finding all the safespots in noob mc5 for KK :-)

btw.... i need a ppu.

Kuya
26-04-05, 09:07
Bugs... get to work!

Original monk
26-04-05, 10:32
lol youre supposed to lure em in the game, dont let em stay in mc5 forever !! besides if youre project would have great succes then you gonna have lag issues :D

i like the idea of a mc5 clan to greet the players tough, its great fun seeing a new players first reaction in the game, they appreciate every bit of info :) reminds you of youre first days :)

dont trick em to remove there le tough, its such a hard cruel world :)

have fun

Scanner Darkly
26-04-05, 12:58
We could have weekly "human sacrifices" where the hapless runner would be ushered into the GR to vanish forever!

edit: I have a 3/4 or so Hybrid in Martian MC5 that can handle anything in that terrible place, including the super hard "mysterious cave" (LOL). PM me if you want to level - I'm still LEd, are you?

CMaster
26-04-05, 13:06
Yeah, I definaltey feel rather than talking of servers or "characters" we should just stay IC all the while. Be really cultish and strange.

Bugs Gunny
26-04-05, 13:22
Tonight around 8pm gmt+1 i'll be on the mars mc5.

You are in the world called neocron, or what's left of it. From time to time the machines in the building awaken someone. To prevent overpopulation the MC5 guards (who awakaned you) call someone into the gene replicator. It's a device that ends you life and deletes all traces of your existance. To please them we offer one of our own to him every week, picked by a lotery. This person leaves behind all his worldly posessions to the MAC5 and then vanishes forever.

It is our belief that the immortal MC5 guards were placed here to keep us safe untill the world has healed up again and we can walk out and repopulate the world.
We are all waiting for this event where we are released into the world beyond. The ancients call it the "expansion patch", and we have been waiting gor a long long time.

I'm going to reroll to a hybrid too.

Toxen
26-04-05, 15:08
Rofl bugs has totally flipped out, seriously though if you ever did start this off and it took hold and long term characters started leveling in MC5, PE's are obviously going to be the best choice, they'd pritty much be able to use every item currently available in MC5 unless some freindly event GM started making weapon drops for us.

CMaster
26-04-05, 20:27
Lol. I just made a pistol PE, then saw that while the highest pistol they ahve is TL9, the highest APU spell is TL47. So, reroll to hybrid time.
[edit] Nevermind, the Admin sells higher TL rifles and pistols.

her.
26-04-05, 21:18
wtf are you thinking? ure shit has to be laced wit somethin man

Bugs Gunny
27-04-05, 09:08
Sorry, i couldn't make it.
I was called on duty for op fights.

Vae Victis
27-04-05, 18:59

my sig had sexual content and therefor its been deleted.
(honestly who here, on these forum, does NOT like boobs?)

bah.. guess ill have to make another one, seeing as JESTERTHEGREAT (!!!) stole my steam-sig from me.. ah well it'll take a few weeks before i got another sig, got more important stuff to do..

like powerlvling!!
or doing the rl thingy i told u guys about on vent.. u know... (this has no sexual content for all u guys who are thinking strange things now)

E. Cryton
27-04-05, 20:43

his sig got pwned by nidhogg :(

Jesterthegreat
27-04-05, 20:51
bugs... gimme the details of one of your accounts with a free slot and ill join ;)

Vae Victis
28-04-05, 00:52
my sig PWND nidhogg actually, therefor he deleted it :p