PDA

View Full Version : Some Improvements I would like to see.

kane
25-04-05, 09:41
First off many of you like to flame so I will ask you to hit the x on top right screen.

OOC people said this it has to be mutted when new players start and help channal needs to be modded and if people start acting same as on occ on help = suspend not warning and keep doing it = banned. I care less if you guys want talk shit witch ooc has been made into but n00bs don't want signup hear it none stop.

I think KK and staff need add more updates even fun updates on the patcher and more active staff doing events even DANCE events or chats and crap. Maybe RP meetings and fun stuff. But also site updated and patcher updated with it. Make it look like we doing somthing.

This update that I think it was planing come out like 2 months ago thats fine if takes a year. Give us some updates man. Thats all we ask. Sorta mean / rude and makes us say well they don't care lets go.. So give us updates don't say you will give us patch notes in a week or maybe whole thing in week and ends up 2 months later.. Actualy don't EVER tell us theres a new type patch coming out with out having patch notes made first. That way less spamming and crying about when it's coming out...

Next this billing / payment shit is just gone mad. I see none stop people crying. How come you can't get your own billing thing like all the other games then offer that paybyshit as a optional choice.

Another thing player stores I remeber being talked about like who knows how long ago ADD them now today right now. We all don't mind having the 10hour+ down time if you need it!

Racist comments = banned not warning or like 99% time nothing. It = BANNED. It's agaist the law basicly all this crap like calling people the N!Z!'s and stuff..

Start with the simple stuff Patch notes more updates even community stuff like there was a birthday party in game WITH screenshots. Or weekly screenshots and fun stuff... People will donate there time for free help out so take the help and do more things with the community..

AND GET THE DAMN OOC mutted as default for n00bs. Man almost hit alt f4 2 days ago when I signed up..

Thanks for your time and sorry for the bad english..

And if you lock this I will hunt you down :p

Lets see what others think. And yes keep in this forum the other ones don't even get looked at!

unreal
25-04-05, 10:15
In my opinion warnings should always be given at first, but as I experienced first hand, certain people (cough, William Haska) don't give warnings even over the most simple of insults, heh. I think there should be more auctions and events too, lately it's been a complete bar steward to try and buy/sell things on the trade channel, mostly because people flood it and talk absolute bollocks on it all day long.

The last couple of Events I saw were either ran badly or very short. With the recent Easter Bunny/Egg event it started off well, but the person hosting it couldn't be bothered to inform us when eggs were found and when it was over, which resulted in lots of people running round for hours (including myself and a friend I was finding them with) looking for something that no longer existed. The find the bunny event wasn't so bad, apart from the fact it wasn't really done professionally. The person mades lots of mistakes and talked like a muppet. Anyway, moving on...

I think PayPal should be an alternative payment option for customers. I have a load of usernames and passwords already, and Click2Pay being an extremely annoying and downright pants payment service doesn't help either. I login to Click2Pay whenever I activate/cancel my account, which is like once every couple/few months or so, whenever it just so happens that I get annoyed with FRE's and other bugs, or even the annoying people and think "f*ck it, bye bye". Right now I can't even say I remember my Click2Pay username/password, it's a waste of time even remembering it. I would say a large portion of Neocron customers have a PayPal account already, maybe Reakktor should start doing things that work out best for us, and not them.

I've said this before, but I might as well say it again. Without the trusty customers keeping the population alive (ie. clans and other people that want to see the game grow and get better), Reakktor wouldn't be getting our money, and this game would die altogether by having no players. Maybe Reakktor should get their finger out of their... err.. yeah, and stop making excuses for issues that wouldn't take THAT long to sort out if they were made a high priority. The customers should be put first, and not Reakktors greedy cash flow and ignorant attitude toward us.

Darkener
25-04-05, 20:22
Arent you only back in game ???? Your first point i might add was addressed in another tread by someone else.

Your only back so how do you know. There have been a few events and nidhogg updated on stuff only yesterday.

Why do you care about updates do you even rember how to play?? People will always moan regardless if you have patch notes or dont. It would be nice if some patchs did what they were suppose to.

Your bringing up topics in other threads here <--

here <-- ( and i would mind 10 fucking hours down for 1 patch)

Racist shit and so on largely remains on saturn. I rarely see it in game if at all anymore TBH.

Repeat.

Repeat.

kane
26-04-05, 00:08
Arent you only back in game ???? Your first point i might add was addressed in another tread by someone else.

Your only back so how do you know. There have been a few events and nidhogg updated on stuff only yesterday.

Why do you care about updates do you even rember how to play?? People will always moan regardless if you have patch notes or dont. It would be nice if some patchs did what they were suppose to.

Your bringing up topics in other threads here <--

here <-- ( and i would mind 10 fucking hours down for 1 patch)

Racist shit and so on largely remains on saturn. I rarely see it in game if at all anymore TBH.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Your one of the kind I did not want to post on my post. and Yes I have been reading forums for long time and yes racist still big thing. and no I don't mean 10 hours for a patch like a wall fixed mean I don't mind 10 hours for a content patch.

Nidhogg
26-04-05, 00:30
Racism is not tolerated. If you see it take a screenie and send it to abuse@neocron.com. Thanks.

N

Darkener
26-04-05, 01:56
Your one of the kind I did not want to post on my post. and Yes I have been reading forums for long time and yes racist still big thing. and no I don't mean 10 hours for a patch like a wall fixed mean I don't mind 10 hours for a content patch.
You shouldnt have posted on a public forum then. Racism isnt big in game. As nid said it wouldnt be tolerate. As far as your port goes it wasnt anything constructive. It was just taking ideas already posted about and putting them in another post if you really had an opinion on them you would have posted in the post already there.

I do mind 10 hours for a content patch. Do you really think if it was possible that they could do that or come close to doing something like that they would have patched them game already?? We know your back thats great dont judge this game on what you read on these forums all you did was look at other peoples comments and use them as an opinion for yourself. If you truly feel this way after being back for 2-3 days is this the game for you. There is no way you experience half the crap you posted about in two days.
Find out stuff for yourself. At least if i flame i have experience some of the stuff im talking about.

athon
26-04-05, 09:39
First off many of you like to flame so I will ask you to hit the x on top right screen.

OOC people said this it has to be mutted when new players start and help channal needs to be modded and if people start acting same as on occ on help = suspend not warning and keep doing it = banned. I care less if you guys want talk shit witch ooc has been made into but n00bs don't want signup hear it none stop.
The help (and other non-ooc) channel(s) could do with some moderation, but people should get a warning first.

I think KK and staff need add more updates even fun updates on the patcher and more active staff doing events even DANCE events or chats and crap. Maybe RP meetings and fun stuff. But also site updated and patcher updated with it. Make it look like we doing somthing.
Dance events? Yay! Lets go spend an hour or two in a room repeatedly doing a /dance emote or whatever. Sounds boring to me. If you mean something else, perhaps you could explain.

If you bothered to up-date yourself on current happenings (highly recommend the KK posts sticky thread), you'd find that KK are currently working hard on the International release (not to mention sorting out many peoples problems with C2P - once they're given an ultimatum after 4+ repeated failures to fix the problem anyway).

As for roleplay, the biggest problem I see with roleplay in MMORPGs today is lack of player initiative. That's not to say no one is doing any roleplay - if you look around a bit you can find quite a few people actually roleplaying instead of just playing - but too many players are like "there's no roleplay - developers do something!" as opposed to actually thinking about their own role in the world, and roleplaying themselves. Basically, what people tend to mean when they say "we want more roleplay" is "we want more GM run events, 'cause we're a bunch of lazy gits".

This update that I think it was planing come out like 2 months ago thats fine if takes a year. Give us some updates man. Thats all we ask. Sorta mean / rude and makes us say well they don't care lets go.. So give us updates don't say you will give us patch notes in a week or maybe whole thing in week and ends up 2 months later.. Actualy don't EVER tell us theres a new type patch coming out with out having patch notes made first. That way less spamming and crying about when it's coming out...

Again, if you'd bothered to look at the KK posts thread, you'd see that Nidhogg has already posted some details on the upcoming (retail release) patch. If KK really didn't care, they wouldn't be here.

Next this billing / payment shit is just gone mad. I see none stop people crying. How come you can't get your own billing thing like all the other games then offer that paybyshit as a optional choice.
Setting up your own payment provider is not simple. You'll most likely find that other games DO use a third party payment service provider - they just use a better one that allows them to redesign their payment pages so that you don't notice. However, I do agree that more, different payment options are needed. We're supposedly getting the option to use PayPal directly soon, which will be most welcome given the current troubles that I'm having with PEBKAC.

Another thing player stores I remeber being talked about like who knows how long ago ADD them now today right now. We all don't mind having the 10hour+ down time if you need it!
1. It'll likely take more than 10 hours - it's not the problem of downtime, it's the actual coding.
2. It has been mentioned in posts by developers - I suggest you go read the KK posts thread.
3. There are a number of players / clans already running their own store services.
However, I do hope KK prioritise this feature after the retail release - it would be a most welcome addition to the game.

Racist comments = banned not warning or like 99% time nothing. It = BANNED. It's agaist the law basicly all this crap like calling people the N!Z!'s and stuff..
Nidd already talked about this. Nothing else to add.

Start with the simple stuff Patch notes more updates even community stuff like there was a birthday party in game WITH screenshots. Or weekly screenshots and fun stuff... People will donate there time for free help out so take the help and do more things with the community..
KK have already recently done a lot for community relations - although I may bitch about the way he has handled some threads, Niddhogg's appointment as Community Liasion was ultimately a good decision. As said above, KK are gearing up for retail release, and I would expect things like patching to begin a more normal routine (I was going to say "return to normal", but I don't think that's quite the right term for KK) after the retail release.

AND GET THE DAMN OOC mutted as default for n00bs. Man almost hit alt f4 2 days ago when I signed up..
Personally I don't see a big problem with this myself. Having OOC muted will teach newbies that it is there, and that's where the trash talk goes, not in any other channel. Like other channels they are free to mute it if they wish.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the bad english..

And if you lock this I will hunt you down :p

Lets see what others think. And yes keep in this forum the other ones don't even get looked at!
I can assure you that the other forums do get looked at. Posts go in the appropiate forum. If they get moved to another forum, maybe it's because it's off topic and the people in the forum you put the post in are not likely to want to read it.

Posts go in the appropiate forum - not where you think they're most likely to get read.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
26-04-05, 13:59

"please dont disagre with me... i r teh pwn"

Tankz0r
26-04-05, 17:06

you would think so, but then i know someone whos in game today, who in NC1 got reported for racist comments and trade chat, yet he still plays today.

Nidhogg
26-04-05, 18:19
you would think so, but then i know someone whos in game today, who in NC1 got reported for racist comments and trade chat, yet he still plays today.
Please don't discuss details of abuse cases on the forums. We have to look at the evidence before making any decisions so things might not happen straight away. If you wish you can send me the information by Private Message and I'll chase it up. If you do that make sure you tell me who reported it, when and how (as well has who made the comments, what the comments were, when they were made and where). Thanks.

N

Rabiator
26-04-05, 20:52

Well, KK sometimes neglect to enforce their rules. A while ago there was a thread about "inacceptable" names and a moderator explicitly named a certain char for his "sexually charged" name. I met said char a few days ago on terra, alive and kicking.

And no, I will not report who it was. Because I do not support attempts to turn NC into a 12-year-old compatible Disneyland.

kane
26-04-05, 22:47
Yeah that crap don't care but man ooc gets mad sometimes and where spreads into help and seen trade once get little bad.. I mean aint 12 year old we all can say fuck and such..

But all sudden type

YOU FUCKING LOSER YOU FUCKING PKED ME IM ON FUCKING 0/2 IN OCC starts a lot of flaming most people make fun of the 0/2 for taking le out but thats one things Im sick of. I do mute the channal a lot but I still think should be modded more. 100 players = 1 mod? even thought not a lot still think there could be ones that are on 24/7 lots people donate there time help mod the channal includding me but I have not seen one gm since well NC1

Nidhogg
27-04-05, 00:31
I have not seen one gm since well NC1
That's because you haven't been around since well NC1. :p

Woot most will not remember my old chars cuz BEEN like well have no clue maybe 1-2 years hehe was way before nc2 :P

I do read these forums y'know. ;)

N

eprodigy
27-04-05, 00:59
actually i see gms all the time... have run into lavos, wildfire, and lupus in just the past few weeks. and they're always spamming trade with there "get of the trade spam"

also about racist stuff, is calling people speaking german on trade "stfu, ******************s" among other similar and similarly rude comments considered racist? i saw that on trade the other day and the GM said "take it to ooc" :confused:

Glok
27-04-05, 00:59
My hairless chars were served with wigs within 5 minutes of the help request ingame. GMs are around, even if you don't see them.

Darkener
27-04-05, 01:58
Yeah that crap don't care but man ooc gets mad sometimes and where spreads into help and seen trade once get little bad.. I mean aint 12 year old we all can say fuck and such..

But all sudden type

YOU FUCKING LOSER YOU FUCKING PKED ME IM ON FUCKING 0/2 IN OCC starts a lot of flaming most people make fun of the 0/2 for taking le out but thats one things Im sick of. I do mute the channal a lot but I still think should be modded more. 100 players = 1 mod? even thought not a lot still think there could be ones that are on 24/7 lots people donate there time help mod the channal includding me but I have not seen one gm since well NC1

Man your im back thread was on sunday expecting to see a gm in that time especially when ya aint on all the time. You knwo not seeing one is good to. Not all gm's shout over trade to be quite . A small dm to someone is all is needed. If you have seen a gm since you been back well id stop exploiting or what ever it is your doing. Its ooc shit talk happens there regardless.

kane
27-04-05, 04:46
I have been in out many times I am back was actualy my first paid account anyways thanks for your input.

kane
27-04-05, 04:47
actually i see gms all the time... have run into lavos, wildfire, and lupus in just the past few weeks. and they're always spamming trade with there "get of the trade spam"

also about racist stuff, is calling people speaking german on trade "stfu, ******************s" among other similar and similarly rude comments considered racist? i saw that on trade the other day and the GM said "take it to ooc" :confused:

LMAO!