PDA

View Full Version : NC2 and E3

Dr Strange
24-04-05, 14:40
While discussing NC2's populations and the impending various releases, I got to wondering somethings.

For us Americans, E3 the Electronics Entertainment Expo, is the biggest convention of gaming goodness. From console games, to PC games to handhelds, to new hardware, E3 previews and showcases the stuff to come in the next year or two. And every year major companies and small companies alike get together at E3 to do the above.

Now E3 is in the a few weeks (google for the exact date, I'm not exactly sure). And I remembered; KK's distributer is Atari (at least for Europe). And each year Atari like many other companies has a booth at E3. So put two and two together....

Which leads to my question(s);

If Atari is the distributer, will they be the North America distributer?

- If so, are there plans for Atari to showcase NC2 at E3 for the upcoming International and/or US Release?

-- If not, why?

If Atari is not going to be the distributer for North America, is there plans for a distributer to showcase NC2 at E3?

- If not/none, why?

Since the International Release has been pushed back, and back again (twice by forum goers account so far), is that because for some small part KK wanted to buy time to bring NC2 to E3 in some fashion?

If KK has no distributer lined up for the North American release, and has no plans to showcase NC2 at E3 this year (probably the biggest opportunity for American/Canadian publicity), why?

Now some will dismiss this as nothing. But nationalities aside, this would be a rather large boon in publicity and new players. Americans and Canadians have the same basic choices for MMO's as other countries; mainly fantasy genre like WoW and a few sci fi/cyber punk MMO's. The best and main one being Neocron which is mainly German based with virtually ZERO advertising in North America. E3 as said is our biggest publicity event of the year, drawing people as famous as John Carmack, Cliffy B (who also works for Atari/Epic Games) and even Shiguru Miyamoto (father of all things Nintendo) so you'd get massive worldwide publicity as well as North American.

Hell even for the simplicity of being a convention goer, it'd be cool to go to the Atari booth and see a Neocron display. A couple systems showcasing the game, some cardboard cutouts of players in Power Armor, and of course some cyberpunk style Booth Babes to round it out. Anyone into this genre of games would be drawn, hell FPS fans who like a toss of RPG in their mix would be drawn. At the most KK would lose some money for devoting a small portion of Atari's booth to this publicity.

And speaking of the publicity, for those that might site the truthful reviews in recent Euro gaming magazines, this would be sort of a "fresh start". You tell the average American or Canadian gamer you play an MMO called Neocron, they tell ya they never heard of it. So right there ya got a clean slate. Now of course after playing the game a few weeks they'll experience some of the problems already bugging us but at the same time it'd get more people hooked. With the International Release there'd be the new content and we hope/assume some bug fixes to show improvement/progress. Of course new players/intertested players would research NC2 online and browse various fan sites/the forums. That's a good thing. Of all the major fan sites, I've yet to find one that really digs into the game in a bad manner. Even FN over at SXR still keeps a smile about the game and keeps SXR going. Sure the forums are a different story, but in return you could point them to someplace like Something Awful where you find pictures of babies fucking goats; its all 100% like it looks (meaning the game is buggy and has its problems but it's still fun and one of the best I've played)

So maybe Nid or Gott or Odin can comment on this. It just seems like a PERFECT opportunity that maybe KK has been keeping quiet on as a surprise, or maybe something they overlooked or didn't want to devote time/money too. Either way it's something that needs addressing.

garyu69
24-04-05, 14:46
For us Americans, E3 the Electronics Entertainment Expo, is the biggest convention of gaming goodness.
Make that for the whole world not just america :)

May 17th - 20th is the dates.

10tacle Studios AG are there and so are Atari, so lets hope they are at least going to show some Neocron 2

Heavyporker
24-04-05, 16:55
I think if BOTH 10tacel and Atari is going to E3, then Neocron 2 certainly WILL have to be mentioned at that place.

A fully fitted out booth will bring eyeballs like nothing else.

Frankly, Danae in that tight t-shirt with NC2 logo across the chest will bring 1000 new players in all by herself (well, her "girlfriends" too).

Recuiting Darknessfairy and Clur would bring in even more players!

Having a plasma screen TV with Pepper Park on the screen will bring in EVEN more players!

A gentank in power armor yelling "SEX SEX SEX" will bring in 10 thousand new players!

You know it's true! Get the preparations going!

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 12:28
Judging from the lack of official KK reponse in this thread (Nid?) there is no NC2 presence at E3-2005. Am I wrong? Please tell me it's not true.

enigma_b17
25-04-05, 12:29
well its a good place to get advertisement.........drum up more of a player base.....show off the game

so logically kk wont be there ;)

Bugs Gunny
25-04-05, 12:39
*dumdedumdedumdedum*
(while the moneywell dries up fast)

Jesterthegreat
25-04-05, 13:26
Make that for the whole world not just america :)

thats what i was gonna say ;)

Heavyporker
25-04-05, 15:04
KK doesn't answer this thread so it's automatically a no-go in regards to E3?

Dr Strange
25-04-05, 16:47
KK doesn't answer this thread so it's automatically a no-go in regards to E3?

That's what I'm starting to think

tkNukem
25-04-05, 17:41
OMFG DANAE!! If you're going to E3, pick me up on the way to philly international :D

Nidhogg
25-04-05, 18:20
I'm trying to find out about this. Bear in mind that we don't call the shots on trips like this - it's down to 10t and Atari (and a possible other distributor for the US).

N

Clive tombstone
25-04-05, 18:34
I know this may be off topic, or not, I have no clue, but this has been bugging me. Why cant (or doesnt) KK,10t, or atari make any actual comments on this forum, insted of Niddy and cala (and others) making the comments?

Sides that, back to E3, Ill try and make it there this year, I hope NC2 will make "some' apperance.

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 19:01
I'm sure he's got different fish to fry over at 10T HQ these days, but it would be nice if MJS popped into the forums from time to time, to share some info from higher up with us humble subscribers.

Gotterdammerung
25-04-05, 19:12
I know this may be off topic, or not, I have no clue, but this has been bugging me. Why cant (or doesnt) KK,10t, or atari make any actual comments on this forum, insted of Niddy and cala (and others) making the comments?

Sides that, back to E3, Ill try and make it there this year, I hope NC2 will make "some' apperance.

Nid makes the comments because he's the comm. rep. (in the old days when the game was pub'd by CDV I don't think they ever commented, at least not since july 2002 when I started). Nid as a paid employee is just as "official" as anyone.

I'm sure he's got different fish to fry over at 10T HQ these days, but it would be nice if MJS popped into the forums from time to time, to share some info from higher up with us humble subscribers.

Marty's been out of the loop for a while, Holgers the boss. But again Nid is the face of nc2/kk/10t/atari here.

Jesterthegreat
25-04-05, 19:31
mart is the head of dollar or something right?

but yeah... nid is kk now... stormbot avatar = paid kk employee

Nidhogg
25-04-05, 19:39
My info comes direct from people like Holger, SnowCrash, Thanatos, RatBoy etc. etc. My role is to press those guys into parting with the info you require at the time when you require it.

N

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 19:47
Can't say fairer than that really.

Any info on forthcoming path notes :p

TheDuckMan
28-04-05, 20:25
speaking of advertisement, im supposed to do a review/blog on NC2 for gamersinfo.net. My friend who works for them got an e-mail from the owner of the site and she wants a review about nc2, and seeing that i have it he gave the task to me. I also need to do a Q/A with the devs, but im not sure where to start. Ill make a thread about it later tho. Any community help would be awsome, and please dont ask me to say its gone down hill from NC1, even tho that may be true, I'm not going to give this game a bad review simply because that would just hurt it and were trying to help it right?

Heavyporker
28-04-05, 20:46
Hm. For a proper review, you'd have to do it top to bottom, or rather, bottom to top.

mc5 as a newbie, some leveling in the city, on wastelands, and caves.

Then there's the PvP. Don't forget NeoFrag as an option for non-lethal pvp or as a LE'd runner.

Then there's the RP content. That's pretty crucial, even though the PvP-minded are much more vocal about the game and the combat aspect. Factions, the rivalry, the backstory, the general degree of immersion.

Pimp up the vehicles. Mention the tradeskilling aspects. Pimp up the drugs too.

Non-canned Q and A with the devs is pretty crucial.

Dr Strange
29-04-05, 01:35
*bump*

http://ps2.gamespy.com/articles/607/607419p1.html

Neocron 2 is not at E3, thanks to Whitewolf for sending me the link

Reakktor and Atari really dropped the ball on this one, good job guys, really.

Scanner Darkly
29-04-05, 01:43
Obviously not as worthwhile as "RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!" :rolleyes:

I just wish either KK/10T either allowed this game to die, or put every ounce of their corporate entity behind the game. This state of limbo the game has been in since as far as anyone can remember is just getting too much.

/drama rant

garyu69
29-04-05, 01:43
Neocron 2 is not at E3, thanks to Whitewolf for sending me the link
Thats not a final list, and is no where near the amount of games that are actually going to be there.
Also the list doesn't mention what 10Actel are showing and they are definetly there.

Dr Strange
29-04-05, 01:50
Thats not a final list, and is no where near the amount of games that are actually going to be there.
Also the list doesn't mention what 10Actel are showing and they are definetly there.

Possibly.

But I'll bet ya 1 mil ingame credits Neocron 2 will not be shown at E3 (naysayers at this point, I've pretty much lost all hope for this game)

garyu69
29-04-05, 01:53
I wish i had 1mill credits. I had 5k at the start of today, got to 150k, then spent it on damn lube.

10Actel only have a small stand at E3, I'm assuming they will be showing their racing game as that just got released in the states a few weeks ago. But i am hoping that they will also fit NC2 on the stand.

Weazle
29-04-05, 02:08
Reakktor and Atari really dropped the ball on this one, good job guys, really.

Showing NC2 in any state at E3 will actually hurt the game. E3 is meant to showcase the latest and most advanced stuff in development or imminently being released. Do you guys honestly think that NC2 with bug fixes, etc represents cutting edge technology?

I'd hate to say this but if I was a company sales rep ... I'd rather show off an early beta of STALKER or something that has the latest 3D engine ... NC2 simply does not look as good even though NC2 has better gameplay than most games out there.

I don't hate NC2 or anything but I can see the reality that E3 is all about flash and not about substance.

Heavyporker
29-04-05, 04:21
Oh my gosh. Weazle lives!

And NC2 with all it blemishes deserve to be at E3.

Gydjia
17-05-05, 12:59
http://www.e3expo.com/assets/pdf/First_Looks.pdf

No Neocron there, although Funcom will be showing their expansion for AO 'Lost Eden', so the 'not new technology' argument is a bit moot. ;)

yeah, yeah, I dont play NC anymore and have no intention of coming back. But I still think it's a damn shame the game isnt getting a showing, the gameplay is still good and PvP is better than any other MMORPG around. More interest would mean more backing, especially if Atari thought it was a goer, unfortunately it doesnt seem to think it is.

On a more optomistic note, maybe they are going to (re-re)launch or showcase it somewhere else. There are more shows than E3, albeit not as large.

Flashlite
18-05-05, 07:13
kk is to poor to do e3

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 11:46
kk is to poor to do e3

atari and 10tacle is there though... so thats no excuse

Ryen
18-05-05, 13:34
Neocron 2 IS at e3, in the Alchemic Dream booth (information found at www.mmorpg.com )

Alchemic Dream
Never heard of them? This Canadian group works with some names you do know quite well. This year, we will stop by their booth to hear more about Adellion, A Tale in the Desert II, Neocron 2 and Project Entropia. Three very different games, but all of which should be informative.

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 13:36
Neocron 2 IS at e3, in the Alchemic Dream booth (information found at www.mmorpg.com )

omg...

the company that hires out (iirc, thats why they share a login server?) a server shows it, but the parent companies / distributer doesnt bother?

says it all really...

:edit:

Alchemic Dream
Never heard of them? This Canadian group works with some names you do know quite well. This year, we will stop by their booth to hear more about Adellion, A Tale in the Desert II, Neocron 2 and Project Entropia. Three very different games, but all of which should be informative.

Dr Strange
18-05-05, 14:13
I like that quote "They do work with games you know quite well"

Out of 4 games listed I've only heard of (obviously) Neocron 2....

But hey, at least its (NC2) is at E3 in some fashion...

Clive tombstone
18-05-05, 16:26
I got a quick question for the normal thread goers here? anyone else going to E3? Ill be there friday this week, how about you guys?

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 18:03
I got a quick question for the normal thread goers here? anyone else going to E3? Ill be there friday this week, how about you guys?

pfft... when they gimme a free ride from ze UK ill come :p

Flashlite
18-05-05, 21:00
i dont blame kk for not showing nc2. if i had a buggy game why would i show it to the top gaming show?

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 21:03
i dont blame kk for not showing nc2. if i had a buggy game why would i show it to the top gaming show?

why would you keep the servers up with the dwindling population.

showing it at the expo wont make current players quit, but it may make them join.

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 21:42
I like that quote "They do work with games you know quite well"

Out of 4 games listed I've only heard of (obviously) Neocron 2....

But hey, at least its (NC2) is at E3 in some fashion...

I have played all the games mentioned... all sucked except for NC2

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 21:43
oh and when is the ingame event to celebrate int release? maybe i missed the event date

Ryen
19-05-05, 05:16
I think it's incredibly sad that a site that isn't even directly affiliated with neocron 2 finds out before the developers.

40$Poser
19-05-05, 06:08
I think it's incredibly sad that a site that isn't even directly affiliated with neocron 2 finds out before the developers.

and you are shocked by this? ;0

Ryen
20-05-05, 00:41
and you are shocked by this? ;0

The only possible explanation is that the KK staff is either smelly, all have a horrible genetic mutation, and don't have any sense of fashion. So atari want's to keep them at bay!

Nidhogg
20-05-05, 02:04
The only possible explanation is that the KK staff is either smelly, all have a horrible genetic mutation, and don't have any sense of fashion. So atari want's to keep them at bay!
At least the mutations aren't generally visible for the most part.

*Nidhogg blows his left nose and hits the Submit Reply button*

N

Ryen
20-05-05, 03:35

*Nidhogg blows his left nose and hits the Submit Reply button*

N

Requesting screenshot.

please.

Jesterthegreat
20-05-05, 13:47

ah... the anonimity of the internet eh? :p