PDA

View Full Version : memo to KK - newbie default chat option - change OOC to Faction

Heavyporker
23-04-05, 23:13
Frankly, KK, a newbie doesn't need to hear the torrential downpour of spam that is OOC.

Unticking OOC off the default list and putting up Faction channel would just be very sensible.

After all, a newbie should hear from his faction right off the bat. So much work goes into the supposed faction relationship to the runner, I'm suprised that this wasn't in from the start.

Remove OOC from default list, put up faction. Who's with me?

Speedball
23-04-05, 23:16
Yeah, sure.

Lexxuk
23-04-05, 23:42
No, totally remove OOC, its unneeded, pay GM's to police the games, ban people for 7-14 days for offensive language, trolling etc.. make the game so it is unacceptable for one person to say "fuck you fucking noob shelter zerg" etc.. on any channel, and ban people who break these rules.

eprodigy
23-04-05, 23:44
other solutions include: stop talking shit

Dribble Joy
24-04-05, 00:42
That clearly isn't going to happen.

(without incentive/deterrant)

Brammers
24-04-05, 00:51
One problem, not all factions actively use the faction chat, but you could also put alliance chat up on that list.

Jesterthegreat
24-04-05, 01:35
[ edited - then ignore his threads rather than troll them ]

Heavyporker
25-04-05, 01:19
Eh. Alliance's fine. But if newbies were twigged on to Faction earlier on, it might lead to more usage of that channel.

And, boy, that's a huge tilt 'in favor'.

trigger hurt
25-04-05, 03:20
No, totally remove OOC, its unneeded, pay GM's to police the games, ban people for 7-14 days for offensive language, trolling etc.. make the game so it is unacceptable for one person to say "fuck you fucking noob shelter zerg" etc.. on any channel, and ban people who break these rules.

Don't agree with the ban for offensive language. What I would rather see is the removal of all but two channels. 1 for talking to others in your realm and one for shopping. Noone from DoY can talk to someone from NC unless they do it in vicinity.

Toxen
25-04-05, 03:23
Pitty the newbie that joins dre with Faction as default

Infinite
25-04-05, 04:53
Don't agree with the ban for offensive language. What I would rather see is the removal of all but two channels. 1 for talking to others in your realm and one for shopping. Noone from DoY can talk to someone from NC unless they do it in vicinity.

wtf?

I think that stopping OOC being a default channel would be a bad move. People are always on it making the game look more used. MAking alience a default channel would be a good more though.

IceStorm
25-04-05, 05:35
Noone from DoY can talk to someone from NC unless they do it in vicinity.Long as CM can hear both DoY and NC chatter, that's fine.

Last time I was on I think CM couldn't hear either alliance. Then again, that was four months ago...

kane
25-04-05, 08:58
Can we just lock this now before it's another 100 pages of flame!

Conduit
25-04-05, 11:57

*Conduit in complete agreement with Lexxuk shocker* :eek:

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 12:19
I think that you should be only able to activate OOC once you have finished the epic run for your faction. By then you should be somewhat hardened to the muppetry that goes on... :D

Street
25-04-05, 12:25
OOC is funny, its great listening to people boast about a big win or cry with reasons when they lost, if anything its entertaining.

Good point made, police the game more, leave people to say what they want on ooc ( obviously excluding racist, personal comments ect)

Bugs Gunny
25-04-05, 12:34
I vote yes.

I have yet to see a person not make a complete fool of himself on ooc (including me)........

LOST
25-04-05, 12:42
only time ooc channel has been activated is after the reset char bug.
-the bug is anoying itself, not quite as anoying as listening to the crap on ooc.
zone, help + ooc not the best choices for default channels.
faction, alliance + help maybe better. (wouldnt really know how helpful other factions are but its gotta be better than ooc.)

if its so funny i might listen when im tradeskilling some. :p

Jesterthegreat
25-04-05, 13:34
i love ooc... gives me something amusing to read / reply to when lomming / waiting off si / waiting for the 10 zoneline camping guys with 2 ppu's to stop waiting for my single PE ;)

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 14:22
Nothing wrong with it being mute by default, also moving help away from OCC on the list might make less people confuse the two ;)