PDA

View Full Version : Slanted Logic

Toxen
23-04-05, 13:35
Just been thinking about something as im organising this doy tunnel expedition/blitz.

Placing the ultima's in one of the most toughest places in the game world is rather well pointless, most people that can actually get down to the third level and survive to get ultima's are already capping their weapons spells, so what exactly they going to need the ultima's for other than trading them which is scarce. So by the time you get to them they are almost useless to the character going down the tunnel

Dribble Joy
23-04-05, 13:37
Most people reserve ultimas for PvP weapons and spells, not wasting them on hunting tools.
Besides, ultimas are worth a lot, and some people don't want to or can't go to the tunnels, so they can make people who go down there a bit of cash.

Guilt
23-04-05, 13:42
i can take uncapped chars down there an still do the 3rd level. its hard work but it is possible. ;)

CMaster
23-04-05, 14:17
Done level 3 twice I think - and I only once had a cappec character, and he got deleted.

Toxen
23-04-05, 14:27
didn't mean skill capped i meant as in capping values of weapons such as aiming freq and damage

CMaster
23-04-05, 14:31
I see your point, but I'll let you know when CMuster can cap Holy Shelter (actually, I might do if I had a 5 slot)

jernau
23-04-05, 14:50
Alts, clan members, etc.

Plenty of reasons.

Dr Strange
24-04-05, 11:53
It's a varying degree of what you consider difficult.

For example myself personally, I agree the DoY lvl 3 tunnels are extremely too hard. Even levels 1 and 2 are quite the trip. All for a random chance of an Ultima dropping, no guarantee's....I also think for such things high level parties (teams) are well, overkill (in terms of requirements)