PDA

View Full Version : Crahn Epic - Closed?

Dr Strange
23-04-05, 12:56
While leveling my rigger at the Graves, I noticed the NPC inside was strangely blocked off by dozens of red boxes labeled 'Table'

http://home.carolina.rr.com/thepit/epic.jpg

"Talk to Teresa in Ancient Yucida Village (K-14 - at Viper King Cave)"

I looked around and couldn't find Teresa. Maybe I didn't look far enough but usually when the NPC is blocked off they usually don't just move'em to a different spot (save for the rezza's finest mission).

Is the Crahn mission closed atm? Not to discuss exploits but myself and some friends have noticed alot more Crahn gloves being sold/bought in the last week or two. Granted that probably means nothing and could all be coincedence but just wondering if the epic is till open to be done if so where did Teresa get moved to or is it closed?

Toxen
23-04-05, 13:25
odd... was working a couple of weeks ago when got mine, and those do look like GM spawned boxes (they always seem to be the dark rusty ones for some reason)

Vithar
23-04-05, 18:11
Yes, the Crahn Epic is temporarily closed.

V

eprodigy
23-04-05, 18:41
i hear people were exploiting the epic doing it more then once or something which I'd assume is the reason its closed to be fixed so its not bad to say that.

CMaster
23-04-05, 19:07
Yes, the Crahn Epic is temporarily closed.

V

OK, someone needs to start putting this kind of thing on the launcher, cos I am getting sick of it. h-08 gets closed, and KK make no mention of it whatsoever, until people on the forums start reprotng it as a bug. Again, with this, there is no way for people to know that the Crahn epic is closed until they bunmped into this, and then after complaing we are told. Sigh - good communication again, guys.
/me goes to stockpile Crahn Gloves.

Dr Strange
23-04-05, 19:42
OK, someone needs to start putting this kind of thing on the launcher, cos I am getting sick of it. h-08 gets closed, and KK make no mention of it whatsoever, until people on the forums start reprotng it as a bug. Again, with this, there is no way for people to know that the Crahn epic is closed until they bunmped into this, and then after complaing we are told. Sigh - good communication again, guys.
/me goes to stockpile Crahn Gloves.

Well I woulda been uber pissed if I had been doing the epic myself (assuming you could/can still do the various missions of it but not complete it). Figured I'd simply ask, theres at least a couple friends of mine that were planning on doing this epic in the near future.

Heavyporker
23-04-05, 19:52
He's absolutely RIGHT.

Ingame matters SIMPLY MUST BE POSTED TO THE LAUNCHER!

I mean, seriously, from all my experience ingame, there's only like maybe 20% of the total ingame population that regularly checks the forums, FFS!

INGAME MATTERS MUST BE POSTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE GAME LAUNCHER!

h08 for one, yes! Any epics being closed for any reason, yes! Pre-planned events - submit a request to a GM or KK employee, that'd fucking own.

That launcher news window is there to be used, ffs!

zii
23-04-05, 19:56
Addionally a stickied forum meantion would help.

Mighty Max
23-04-05, 20:17
INGAME MATTERS MUST BE POSTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE GAME LAUNCHER!

h08 for one, yes! Any epics being closed for any reason, yes!

Nope.

H08 closed, first reaction on TS? ... "Cool! That way i have a nice way back home for no money"

... i have nothing more to say on that particular issue.

The neocron community - me included - is shizophren, it moans about this and that, and when a problem gets resolved anyhow, may it be painfull and bad, or may it be the perfect solution, the com will moan again that they took it away and never was the real prob. Never ever would the com exploit, and the short way home is "just a feature", "KK should better concentrate on the real bugs!" *moan again*

*shruggs* so why should they inform us? It makes us only moan earlier ...

Yes sure, it would be more honest, more straight, more trustworthy ... whatever, ...
... yet it wouldnt change anything in our reaction.

My two pence

Heavyporker
23-04-05, 21:05
They don't have to give full details.

Just say that h08 is closed - people won't bother going. Say that one mission of Crahn Epic is temporarily blocked, people will try to do what they can now and wait until THAT mission is opened up again.

The important thing here is to let people KNOW what's going on.

Nidhogg
23-04-05, 21:37
OK, someone needs to start putting this kind of thing on the launcher
Doing it now. ;)

N

CMaster
23-04-05, 21:58
Which is nice and all. Would be better if it was policy to do that and let people know before they start whinging though. TY for listneting though nid.

Brammers
23-04-05, 23:13
And the City Admin epic has been disabled as well?

netster
23-04-05, 23:29
nid, how long to get it fixed? :( will there be a fix ?

Nidhogg
24-04-05, 00:39
City Admin's already fixed on the test server. Crahn is being worked on.

N

CMaster
24-04-05, 00:56
You guys realise that the PP epic is stopped by these changes too?
Father Morpheous as been boxed up at Crest Village - and he is on the Protopharm epic. THis should be mentioned - cos the PP epic is now closed as well.

Brammers
24-04-05, 02:04
City Admin's already fixed on the test server. Crahn is being worked on.

N

Off topic: What happened to opening the test server, for us to test on?

Edit: P.S. Good to hear the problem is being worked on quickly.

MeWhiteWolf
24-04-05, 07:15
bugger :(
i had to retake the mission to get the crystals last night - died b4 looting gal.... <-- fire one
finished it today to find boxes - damn was hopeing it was a diff mission i guess.
can we humble crahn fellas, yeah humble!!! ok maybe not.
any ideas on an eta - also do epic missions time out? cause if they do can that be disabled atm?

Dr Strange
24-04-05, 11:37
Well the Crahn thing was added to the Launcher, finally

What about the H_08 problems?

ROZZER187
24-04-05, 14:47
city admin has been bugged for a long time due to exploiting, (talking to npc in pp2 numerous times makes your creds go up quick) yeah i know discussing exploits is against forum rules, but its hardly an exploit when its now been fixed.

lost count of how many people i now who sent tickets in.
surely someone will have noticed certain people who have been stood next to the npc for about a week straight :lol:

nobby
24-04-05, 17:31
how many creds we talking about?

Toxen
24-04-05, 23:53
There is no Public NC2 Test Server at this time.

If you think you have found a bug then report it to bugreport@neocron.com

Soo basicly all new content is only been tested by GM's and Dev's pre implementation on the public server, Seriously I think there needs to be a larger test user base some on the level of the beta's its the only way to check things that might only occur if content is repeatedly used a large number of perspectives are there to offer opinions on something.

enigma_b17
24-04-05, 23:55
the ca one has been fixed on the test server......so the one on retail is bolloxed i assume

Selendor
25-04-05, 11:21
Does this have anything to do a with a lot of Gaya Gloves being sold on Ebay?

enigma_b17
25-04-05, 11:30
I think some lad found an exploit in the crahn epic and started farming it for as many as he/she could get....so ive been told via the grape vine anyway. As usual its the honest players who get punished for the actions of the one idiot who cant keep his dick in his pants over a small hole in the game

unreal
25-04-05, 11:44
So disappointing how particular people (ie, the one who posted before me) always have to respond with such unintelligent terms. At least burn a couple of extra braincells and respond with something that makes you appear to have an IQ larger than that of a soggy cabbage. Yawn. :o The thing to note is, Reakktor, yet again, haven't bothered to fully test the modifications they make, which therefore creates holes such as those, ones that people who are too much of an arse to do things the entire way will always take advantage of.

enigma_b17
25-04-05, 11:52
well I think ill refrain from responding to that apart from saying.....

my point was valid, so slur and flame all you want sir

Scanner Darkly
25-04-05, 12:10
Any and every system has flaws that will be exploited by some. This is true in real life (legal loopholes) and IT. It is rather short sighted and very much inline with the some say justified disillusionment with KK that plagues these forums.

To blame an institution for not removing a loophole before the criminal has a chance to take advantage of it is somewhat asinine tho wouldnt you agree. Even something relatively simple (compared to the REAL WORLD) like a game, a game like Neocron has enough lines of code, additions, complex interactions, etc.

The problem with your reasoning, dear poster, is that you fail to abide by the dictum "to err is human". You would rather bandwagon and knee jerk with "hay guize, let's blame KK, k?!" and flame posters than accept that such things happen and exploiters should be punished and are responsible for their actions, not KK who try to fix THESE bugs as they come up.

Anyway, taking this bullshit far too seriously today and that can't be too healthy.
:rolleyes:

Dr Strange
25-04-05, 23:22
[ edited - I'll get it taken care of but please don't highlight it here, especially considering the nature of the issue ]