PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought... eliminate upgrade fee?

Heavyporker
23-04-05, 09:29
It's been months upon months now since NC1 went by the wayside...

And apparently, this upgrade fee is screwing, right and left and center, returners and the casual player that'll come in to Neocron for a month or two and leave...

Perhaps it might be very well advised to just eliminate the upgrade fee, and let everyone get an subscription to Neocron 2, straight and simple, for the monthly subscription cost.

Makes things colossally simpler for KK, the customers, and the people at C2P (who fortunately haven't had any trouble with me, phew, and will continue this relationship, knock on wood)

*shrugs*

Just my two cents.

rhPhMe
23-04-05, 10:29
Thats a hell of an idea, get to work kk....

:lol:

aKe`cj
23-04-05, 10:35
Just a thought... this is nothing KK can easily do without risking to get sued to hell & back. Spend just another thought on what the upgrade-fee (no longer available btw.. you need to buy the game and link the accounts afaik) represents.. and what share of that acctually belongs to KK and what doesnt... just a thought before yet another "KK is evil - flame them" thread evolves

Dr Strange
23-04-05, 10:40
Either two things are happening, one of which we are sure on;

1) the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. How many threads have people created saying C2P can't do stuf cause its on KK's end and then KK says its on C2P's in and it's back in forth till finally someone gets something through either payment of the right amount or right kind or who is doing what etc (this is one we know)

2) KK is doing what any company in the world does; tries to make profit at any cost.

While we can't really blame KK for #2, since all businesses usually do this, it's what they do, it's still a tad much. Comparing prices to other MMORPGS, NC2 is one of the most expensive. Guild War's just went gold, and it's a one-time fee MMORPG, with new upgraded content (like new races and continents for a small extra fee every now and then but you still get the normal game free online play and all) so theres some stiff price competition, if you like fantasy MMO's. Even newer MMO's like WoW, SWG etc that have come out in the last couple years are cheaper. Granted their American, prices are about the same across the board except NC2.

And then toss the upgrade fee process...

Between C2P's problems for alot of people, add to the fact they are info sellers and spammers, and the problems with PBC's setup of requiring the upgrade fee for alot of accounts that are either new or have been upgraded already....

Now I never played NC1, obviously. But from what I've seen using Search, NC1 was cheaper in cost for players, around $5 cheaper per month. I assume KK justified the increased cost on the new content and such. Which leads us to wonder, what are we paying for? I know, I know, "their working on it, it's done when it's done" but theres just delay after delay after delay. Ever since Mid december it's becoming a steady pattern of 2+ months between patches, and the whole Quarter 1 release of the I.R. box version was fubared to hell (thanks for the crack down on ingame player names to fix that rating!) and you honestly have to wonder where the increased monthly fee's are going for?

And nay sayers are also gonna say "Well if you wan't something cheaper go play something else". Theres not alot in the cyberpunk sci fi futuristic MMO genre. There's AO which is free now, but it's crap and nothing compared to NC and it's depth. Matrix Online has really proven to suck with its linear single non-group combat system. FOMK really blows, as proven. Twilight Wars is far, far off. And Trek Online aint here till 2007 so....NC is the only real choice for a nice indepth story driven cyberpunk/futuristic/sci fi MMO. Not to mention, how many other MMO's are pure FPS? NC's the only one I've seen. So your options for what to play is really limited.

Jesterthegreat
23-04-05, 10:52
NC1 was one of the cheapest going...

NC2 seems to have more ingame issues than nc1 did for a long time, but is now one of (if not the) most expensive... plus an awful payment system (either the gamble with c2p, or the perma upgrade fee with pbc)

athon
23-04-05, 11:11
I'm not sure about number 2 there. I mean, if they want to make money at any cost, why do they continue to provide c2p as the only payment option for CC users?

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I bet PEBKAC have lost more money than KK ever lost through fraud with WorldPay

Athon Solo

=REMUS=
23-04-05, 15:59
I think the price is a god damn disgrace when I think how much I have spent with KK, litterally £200-300+ in subscriptions on 4-5 accounts.

The upgrade charge is too high per account, if it was a generic charge I would have no problem at all but as it stands, it was the main reason I didn't come back up untill now and the reason when people like Xio... etc still won't come back. It's not that they can't afford it or anything it's just the princible in the way they treat us as their customers.

But I am THOUGHERLY impressed with their customer service atm, bloody fantastic imo so far!!!

Scanner Darkly
24-04-05, 03:09
But I am THOUGHERLY impressed with their customer service atm, bloody fantastic imo so far!!!

Likewise - they got me up and running within 3 days and were genuinly helpful throughout.

Jesterthegreat
24-04-05, 12:27
I think the price is a god damn disgrace when I think how much I have spent with KK, litterally £200-300+ in subscriptions on 4-5 accounts.

The upgrade charge is too high per account, if it was a generic charge I would have no problem at all but as it stands, it was the main reason I didn't come back up untill now and the reason when people like Xio... etc still won't come back. It's not that they can't afford it or anything it's just the princible in the way they treat us as their customers.

hmm... you chose to have 4-5 accounts and are appauled at the price? :confused:

Kozmos
24-04-05, 14:19
hmm... you chose to have 4-5 accounts and are appauled at the price? :confused:
we were pluto players ;)

nobby
24-04-05, 17:33
click saturn. click back, click pluto and Bob's your Uncle!
4 char slots :p :lol: :p