PDA

View Full Version : Trader Union Faction

netster
22-04-05, 21:28
hi,
can i join trader union atm? well .. what are the requirements and how do i do it?

ty!

Digital-Talios
22-04-05, 21:31
Well the Trader Union isnt in game yet. Neither is the Anarchy Breed so dont ask! ;)

I hope the Trader Union wount make peeps pay union dues or smash their vehicles when they vote for the "wrong" canidate 8|

Vanten
22-04-05, 22:21
As i remember trader union is a faction for all trader-NPCs?

aKe`cj
22-04-05, 22:43
Well the Trader Union isnt in game yet. Neither is the Anarchy Breed so dont ask! ;) |

almost correct.. both are ingame but they are non player factions. Judging by pandore, it is possible to somehow get players into those factions, but I guess they weren't made up to be player-run factions... for all non-ad servers these factions remain a strict no-no

mulle
22-04-05, 22:45
trader union is a gm faction

naimex
22-04-05, 23:01
yes traders are in "trader union" allied to all, returns fire when shot at.

I do believe all faction traders are in their respective factions tho.

no, you cant join "trader union".

yes, you can be put in "trader union" by a gm.

no, gms wont put you there.

yes, anarchy breed is a faction.

no, you cant join "anarchy breed".

yes you can be put in "anarchy breed" by a gm.

no, gms wont put you in "anarchy breed", except on pandora as far as i know.
and even on pandora only very few specially selected people are allowed, due to a high amount of rp or something.

Clive tombstone
22-04-05, 23:45
yes traders are in "trader union" allied to all, returns fire when shot at.

I do believe all faction traders are in their respective factions tho.

no, you cant join "trader union".

yes, you can be put in "trader union" by a gm.

no, gms wont put you there.

yes, anarchy breed is a faction.

no, you cant join "anarchy breed".

yes you can be put in "anarchy breed" by a gm.

no, gms wont put you in "anarchy breed", except on pandora as far as i know.
and even on pandora only very few specially selected people are allowed, due to a high amount of rp or something.

man, I know this sounds lame, but that aint fair, Id personally Love to be traders union, since I have near no interest in PvP, and its a little late to put my LE back in my characters.

heh, i kinda wish I could join TU so I could start a legitamate "trasportation/repair" service, since I fly hover carriers and apcs a lot. But I guess that wont happen for a while haha

Toxen
23-04-05, 00:21
Opening up trader union might acutally be a good idea to increase RP aswell as increase the trade between City and Dome as the way game is now seems to want to encourage that by making some items only attainable in certain cities, and if as someone said if allied to all its not really going to attract the PvP element except for ally gankers but with the sympathy hit every time they'd kinda be in a hard place to use those ress missions to get back into the good books.

eprodigy
23-04-05, 00:59
i noticed gm's seem to be in traders union, i assume since it seems to be allied to all.

naimex
23-04-05, 02:27
i noticed gm's seem to be in traders union, i assume since it seems to be allied to all.

well, they arent per definition any faction..

they can chose any faction they wanna be in. (atleast Event Game Masters can).

but i can imagine why they choose traders union mostly..

dont wanna seem hostile to anyone now do we ;)

Clive tombstone
23-04-05, 06:30
Hehe, I dont wanna be hostile to anyone :D Come on, I wanna be traders union, sure I would give up all the normal benefits of being with one of the main factions (IE access to FSM, epic, AND HQ... sorta) But I could in turn do stuff without worry of pk'ers (cept allied guys that are wierd like that)

dark_reaper
23-04-05, 09:11
People should be able to Join the Trader Union. I myself aint much for PvP. I am more intrested in making money.

Zeninja
23-04-05, 09:55
Don't forget about those NPC near El Farid, acting like some kind of "neutral with every faction" copbots (they shoot you when using a weapon). They are all Trader Union

(i think they're located in I09 or something)

CMaster
23-04-05, 14:18
You mean the Twister guards - they are Trader Union, but slightly more agressive versions. They shoot anyone wielding a weapon, or PPUs. My PPU has been fired on twice there, as have others.

Mr Kot
23-04-05, 18:30
You mean the Twister guards - they are Trader Union, but slightly more agressive versions. They shoot anyone wielding a weapon, or PPUs. My PPU has been fired on twice there, as have others.

They don't shoot you because you're a ppu, they shoot when they recognise anything drawn that weapon detecting NPCs consider a weapon. Just look at the ppu spells you cant draw in a safezone... e.g. damage boost and soulcluster just as apus cant draw antibuff or anti-anything even though it does no damage. Stealth is regarded as a weapon too, if you stealth after the guards (or copbots back in the day) turn to warn you, they forget you.

Trouble with these non-offensive "weapons" is that its easy to forget you have it drawn. I remember being killed by a STORM bot in the outzone station in NC1 because i had my stealth drawn in case of PKers.

@ Threadstarter: don't hold your breath :) Trader union is allied to all, including "monster" faction, so it would just be too easy to play the game when you have no enemies, and no players or NPCs would attack you. GMs can become Trader Union as they will have to appear in hostile locations to assist runners. The last thing they want is faction guards and mobs blasting away at them while they're trying to work.

naimex
23-04-05, 18:39
@ Threadstarter: don't hold your breath :) Trader union is allied to all, including "monster" faction, so it would just be too easy to play the game when you have no enemies, and no players or NPCs would attack you. GMs can become Trader Union as they will have to appear in hostile locations to assist runners. The last thing they want is faction guards and mobs blasting away at them while they're trying to work.

not to mention that, if they use godmode in hostile areas, with guards..

the guards will keep spamming that stupid "leave now or im gonna kill you" comment they keep saying.

and when they say it fast enough or if there are enough guards.

it will be considered as "flood" by the server.

and then the server will disconnect them for "overflow"...

CMaster
23-04-05, 19:08
Nope, DB and Para were DEIGNATLEY away.

zii
23-04-05, 20:02
Hehe, I dont wanna be hostile to anyone :D Come on, I wanna be traders union, sure I would give up all the normal benefits of being with one of the main factions (IE access to FSM, epic, AND HQ... sorta) But I could in turn do stuff without worry of pk'ers (cept allied guys that are wierd like that)

PVP is part of role playing, embrace it.

My CST/REPper has no LE, and I almost never get PKed. Once over the past 6 months in fact!

You should not be in the Trader Union because you, like every one else in this game, has to have enemies and these are the other players.

In fact if I see any players in the TU, then I'll gank 'em for being such a bunch of lightweights :P

[I can deal with my bad SL. Can you deal with your spinelessness?]

Clive tombstone
24-04-05, 04:01
PVP is part of role playing, embrace it.

My CST/REPper has no LE, and I almost never get PKed. Once over the past 6 months in fact!

You should not be in the Trader Union because you, like every one else in this game, has to have enemies and these are the other players.

In fact if I see any players in the TU, then I'll gank 'em for being such a bunch of lightweights :P

[I can deal with my bad SL. Can you deal with your spinelessness?]
Listening to your response, yes its true, everyone does "need" enemies, I just like to have less, Honestly hearing your FULL repsonse though, I think I understand why the guy from the PC magazine gave such a review in the "NC community section", he might have run into you a few times :D , check the thread here if you dont know what Im talkin about Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124610&page=2&pp=15)

PEace out

zii
24-04-05, 05:10
I was just having a rant. I just read the review - Ouch. He didn't run into me though.

In fact, you could just go factionless and be allied to half and neutral to the rest!

Superbron
25-04-05, 11:40
Yep, AB and TU should be playable factions in my opinion.

Make TH the home of TU and the Old Canyon the home of the AB.

Besides this: it would be nice to have a playable 'mutant' faction in Regant Legacy. Also a new class: mutant?

The remains of the former inhabitants of DoY could also be in a playable faction: Dome Underground (DU) that is hostile to both DoY- and NC-based factions. Their HQ could be at the former DoY-outpost in J-08. (secret HQ at DoY with secret tunnel)

Make Factionless people with red SL hostile to everyone (severe penalty towards allied pk'ing). Let them (re)join their faction automatically when their soullight is good again. They should be named Factionless Outlaws (FO).

It's not that we need more factions, there are enough. But introducing factions that are not simply blue/red make things way more interesting. The complexity of F6-politics in NC1 did intrigue me much more than the simplicity of DOY vs NC in NC2.

Greetz,

zii
25-04-05, 15:48
I disagree with the Trade Union being allied to everyone.

I suspect that TS's commercial picture doesn't fit in with the TU's. Perhaps, BD might want to disrupt the TU's trade route as they may conflict with their drug running. More city security provided to support TU districts to allow easy trading, which in turn makes it harder for BD to sell drugs in these areas and very difficult for TS to run a protection racket in the same areas.

These conflicts of interest often lead to open hostility between the TU and the BD and the TS. = F6 Red.