PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Expedition.....

Toxen
21-04-05, 14:46
Im bored and im quite insane so let me propose that we organise a massive expedition to the doy tunnel's.

Basicly I want to see how it would work with an opwar sized group, farming level 2-3 of the Tunnels and building huge stockpiles of ultima's and illegal slot enhancers to bring them up to the levels they were in NC1, just think of the profits for you and your clan? if as some people belive the number of spawns in the tunnels is tied to the number of people entering there should be ample fodder though its probably only going to be possible for ppu's to use group and sanctum spells in such close quarters. I could probably clear a tunnel in under 5 minutes. what ya think?

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 14:56
I say... bring a repairer along on your expedition to fix the armors, cuz you'll need it :-)

Toxen
21-04-05, 15:03
True can't rember the number of times i've recked a piece of armour or a weapon down there and had to stop midway to make emergency repairs

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 15:23
I'm all for it.

Give me a date, I'll try and get my clanmate to come along as well.

Guarantee that at least 2 ppus will come, and you will get 10 Neocron runners to come along, Toxen.

sultana
21-04-05, 16:11
I'm not sure if you've been into the level 2 and 3 tunnels, it works best with a smaller group, not 10+ people. If you wanted to clear the tunnels fast, it would involve, a group of 2-4 people starting at each entrance to the level and working their way into the middle, not an army starting from one side... that just isn't going to work ;)

Toxen
21-04-05, 16:27
It will work I've spent alot of time down in the tunnels soloing level 2 and 3 on my tank rannath a group of 3-4 will be slow going not to mention the faster kill rate will prevent alot of the mobs on level 3 gettin aoe damage from other mobs and providing a better loot quality not to mention the faster u get it done the faster you can exit and reset the level plus that bugged bot down there on level 3 is know for killing fully buffed holy healed tanks in a couple of shots, not to mention of heard stories of groups of people 8 strong gettin reduced to 1 member fleeing from it. Certainly 1-2 people from both entrances is not the fastest way the damage a single person can deal compared to a group of 10-20-30 tanks and apu's using aoe in close quarters its miniscule. It can take ages for a capped tank to solo level two im talking upwards of a hour without a ppu strapped to ur back, even with blue and white dragon ur having to pause for drugflash every so often.

No offense but it sounds like your a little scared of ultimas and illegal slotties been a little more common place. anyway in the end its not the loot that matters its the fun we'll have getting it just have some vision, imagine the sight of 10 tanks doomies all lined up firing at once. The roar as high explosive rockets impact on the shell of those bots heck we could even turn it into some sort of event.

So who's with me *pokes cmaster* I expect you to be up for this as your one of the resident experts on those tunnels

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 16:30
Holy Firestorm for the win, to be honest, Toxen.

Toxen
21-04-05, 16:37
As it looks like there some intrest lets setup a roster of sorts.
If your intrested in been part of the expedition (Im now thinking of making this a monthy or bi-weekly thing so suggest some dates too), please post which character your most likely to bring, including Their name, faction, current rank, class, Weapon (and what ammo mod except for apu spells) you'd most likely be using, PPU's you can include which spells you'd probably bring but don't have to list them as I don't expect them to vary much beyond Haz 3 holy shelters, deflectors and heals, and spy/support boost 3 though as I said earlier it would probably be advisable to bring group or sanctum versions of deflector/shelter/heal as its going to be slightly crazy.
I hope that both DoY and City Runners and arrange some sort of truce for the duration of the expedition?

Anyway post away people

sultana
21-04-05, 16:46
I said 2-4, not 1-2, soloing level 3 is just about impossible, I've never tried it, but I don't really see the point in trying. The bugged mob in level 3 can hit you from practically everywhere. It will reduce any amount of people to a couple of ppus running away, unless of course your careful, which I doubt a group of 20-30 people will be.

Why would I be scared of more ultimas being around? I've not actually seen one drop for, I'm not sure, has it been half a year? more. I would actually like to get an ultima for once.

A group of 20-30 people will not work, as the moment they zone down at least half of them will die unless each person, or 2 people has their own ppu. And beyind that, the whole group is organised and there is at least some communication going around.

And that being said, I bet a group of 2-4 people at each entrance to a level 3 will clear it faster (and most likely easier) then 20-30 people at just one entrance.

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 16:47
I need to level 5 more con on bugs, after loming to a new con setup.
So i can either come along on this expedition, or genrep to dome central and go afk there :-)

I'd say 3 tanks and 3 ppu's should be able to do it, 3 tanks next to each other all firing their maledictions into the tunnels.

I've personaly done it with 1 ppu and 2 tanks. Lvl 3 we had to turn around though, as it was too tough.

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 17:03
Heavyporker, Fire Apocalypse, Holy Firestorm, and possibly a Holy Multibolt/Lightning module.

Toxen
21-04-05, 17:05
You appear to have repeated yourself sultana, why don't you come along bring some clan mates and see what happens. Im not saying it will work im just saying its worth a try.

And as to the point of everyone dieing as soon as they go down the to level 3, anyone thats been down their alot of times knows that you just don't jump down the ladder and start pounding away as thats suicidal, you send a smaller group to clear out the 1 or 2 mobs at the base of the ladder then everyone else comes down and buffs up yes what you say about having to many people for a ppu to keep alive we simply adopt the system used for opwars a couple of combat chars tied to each ppu via team tags aswell as that I have suggested using group or sanctum spells which should help ease some of the pressure on the ppus aswell as the fact the mobs will be going down faster than they can cause a majority of the damage to a single person.

And yes ultima's do drop they have a lowish drop rate but that combined with the fact that mobs down there carry aoe and often end up hunting each other means that the chances of a ultima droping is reduced.

Cmon you gotta admit an idea of a opwar sized group of people swamping the place has gotta be fun even if its not the most efficient way. As for communication anyone say ventrillo or TS

CMaster
21-04-05, 17:19
Hehe, sounds fun.
CMuster
PPU - briging the usual and LOTS of psi boosters.
You just about got the technique that works for level 3 about right. I'd say 20-30 in one tunnel is a waste of time though - maybe we just blitz a series of tunnels.

Toxen
21-04-05, 17:42
ok perhpas 20-30 at a single tunnel entrance excessive so lets adapt sultana's idea of multiple teams at multiple entrances say about 10 per team but then we have the trouble of finding a level 3 with two easily accessible level 3 entries that doesn't have a level 1 entrance in DoY bot country. The idea is to get in kill off mobs fast enough that their own aoe doesn't affect loot retreat back to level two which is perhaps been held open by someone dump the loot in a box for storage then head back down perhaps organise a couple of runners to go back to the surface and get supplies to be dropped into boxes in level 2 while the runs into level 3 are going on so we can farm without having to level the tunnel system for resupplies etc.

As for blitzing the tunnels, imagine if we had enough people to hold all the tunnels from A-Kos Open heheh literally a couple of minutes walk from tech haven to DoY's front door

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 18:38
Actually, blitzing a series of tunnels sounds very good.

In fact, it permits for rapid resupply if one team keeps tunnel1 and tunnel2 open. Hell, invite some LE'd runners to go afk in the tunnels that leads to a sector with a gogo there.

Toxen
21-04-05, 18:40
Tsk tsk porker going afk aka preventing Leveling zones been reset on LE'ed players is against the rules of conduct/terms of conditions i think need to double check.

Edit:
I know I read it some where along with stuff like pushing a player into a zone where he can be killed while he is afk is also a breech and GM's Mods Care to chime in and post a link to it.

eprodigy
22-04-05, 00:50
http://cp.neocron.com/8/suppolicies

LE'd runners refusing to leave a dungeon (thus preventing it from being reset).doesnt say you cant purposely use them to hold a zone clear really.. its not a bug that it doesnt reset, so also not really falls under exploit either.

dark_reaper
22-04-05, 02:49
Hell I am in :)
I need to power level my ppu. I can bring the heal/shield sanctum.
Nothin better to do.
The name is Tater Tot.

CMaster
22-04-05, 02:55
Do NOT Bring shield or deflector sanctum. They are bugged up spells.

Heavyporker
22-04-05, 04:50
Heal Sanctum a must, though. And group shelter is all that's needed, really. Deflector is just a waste, in my opinion.

Damage Boost a fricking must. Maybe if there's actually enough PPus to go around, one could damage boost sanctum among the DoY mobs.....

sultana
22-04-05, 06:50
The doy bots do force damage, so a deflector is useful down there.

dark_reaper
22-04-05, 08:44
I would do the Chaos Caves but the CRP is locked since I am a Pro-City, but my firends told me I should check out the DoY Tunnels so I will. Besides I am a APU.

Scanner Darkly
22-04-05, 16:01
I can either throw a capped PPU or high level tank into this awful mess.

When were you thinking of going?

Toxen
22-04-05, 16:10
Well i might have to dip out of neocron till after may cus of work thats going on. So if someone wants to take over in the mean time and run this expedition we can do another one in a month or so's time to replenish stock :)

Richard Blade
22-04-05, 19:17
What about hackers?

The PPU's probably won't have time to hack.
The tanks probably have lom'd it all out ages ago. :D

I know a droner hacker that could help. Obviously not droning, just hacking but he's got 130 hack. Those mobs pose no problems opening them up. Kinda like an autopsy with a chain saw. :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, Bobby Newmark. Rannath you know him. :P