PDA

View Full Version : High lvls in noob lvling area's

Nymphette79
21-04-05, 13:14
One thing that has always got on my nerves is a high lvl swirly weilding runner in low lvling areas like aggies or MB Bunker. Was happily grenading aggies in plaza2 last night when along comes a APU. HL's all mobs carries on running doesnt loot or anything so all us little noobs had to wait to empty. I know its only something little but it just one of those things that really gripes.

Hurumph, now i feel better

Dribble Joy
21-04-05, 13:24
Lots of people run missions, what annoys me is when they kill the mobs, rather than just hurting them enough for the mission kill (which is what I do when raising symp).

Jesterthegreat
21-04-05, 13:28
yeah alot of peeps do it for symp / sl, dispite there being much better ways now days.

its annoying, but we are stuck with it.

Dr Strange
21-04-05, 13:31
It's a toughy of a situation really.

On one hand, it sucks to be leveling a noob character and have all the spawns of an area killed by a much higher level character either for missions or just them being dicks (or the other strange offshoot that they still get decent money/loot).

On the other hand theres not alot of options for doing mob based missions with easy access to a City Com/RN Terminal. Even the one at MB is a bit of a run since a high level character doing missions kills them so quickly you spend most of your mission time running back and forth. But thats the other side of the coin; theres just not alot of places to do these mob missions. Battledome has no terminal, the various sewers/areas of each city have scarce numbers of these mobs other than Aggies. And the ones that are somewhat plentyful/good hunting like Brutes/Horrors are way out in the wastelands with no terminals anywhere.

The plus side is sometimes these players are still within partying rank range so sometimes they'll team up while doing missions and you can gain some quick xp. Other times their nice enough to share the loot (troniks and such off launchers) if they still get loot and are that kind. So it has it's upsides, just not as often.

Morganth
21-04-05, 13:40
I got around this problem by running ress missions till /20, and then going to MB. Takes about 30mins tops.

BradSTL
21-04-05, 14:18
Like Dr. Strange said, raising sympathies can be a bear. I needed to raise the Tsunami sympathy on a pro-city soldier tank yesterday, from 9 to 50. I did about 40 "small sewer rat" missions and about 10 or 15 "aggressor captain" missions. Took me a couple of hours, most of that on rat runs. For the rat runs, I went a little ways out of my way to use a sewer that hardly anybody ever uses, the one tucked into an alley in the center of Via Rosso 3. But for the aggies, I ended up where everybody does, Plaza 2 by NEMA. I don't feel too bad about that part, though, because (a) I was in and out in about 20 minutes, (b) I looted my kills to make them spawn faster, and (c) the only 2 other people I saw were both higher level than me. What would I have done if there had been a beginner group in room 1? Probably used room 2 or 3.

But frankly, the advice to everybody and his dog that they "have" to do their beginner leveling in that one sewer is crap, bad advice. There are absolutely tons of places that are just as good, or nearly as good, and more entertaining on top of that. So to some extent I have to give the same advice I've been giving for two and a half years:

If someone is keeping you from leveling in your favorite spot (whether it's PKers or other people hogging the spawns or whatever), level somewhere else. See the world. There are somewhere around 350 maps in this game. Contrary to what people tell you, you can use more than the same six or ten that everybody over-idolizes. Yes, really.

(P.S. Whatever was Reakktor thinking when they made the spawns that predictable in the Abandoned Cellars, anyway? Were they trying to spark these kinds of arguments?)

Morganth
21-04-05, 16:31
But frankly, the advice to everybody and his dog that they "have" to do their beginner leveling in that one sewer is crap, bad advice. There are absolutely tons of places that are just as good, or nearly as good, and more entertaining on top of that. So to some extent I have to give the same advice I've been giving for two and a half years:

Yeah, in NC1 I used to level my n00b melee PE out in the different OZ areas because they were more interesting than getting in a team of 10ish to take down a few mutants :rolleyes:

We need another place like MB, seeing as the old TG n00b caves have been made inaccessible to the people that should be using them.

BradSTL
21-04-05, 20:13
Outzone sectors 1 through 5 are great leveling areas for beginners. All they lack of being perfect are maybe one or two more ammo smugglers, and one Wireless Resistance Network terminal per zone. If Reakktor did that, then my god people would swarm the Outzone.

capt-o
21-04-05, 20:59
Speaking of Terminals; whatever happened to the terminal just inside the MB? The one just past the sych point and down the stairs.

That thing really helped with LC missions. Now you have to run either to the shop areas or over by the GR. Zoning less seems to help with FRE's too.

Morganth
21-04-05, 23:59
Speaking of Terminals; whatever happened to the terminal just inside the MB? The one just past the sych point and down the stairs.

That thing really helped with LC missions. Now you have to run either to the shop areas or over by the GR. Zoning less seems to help with FRE's too.

That was a GM spawned item, so whenever they patched the server it was removed and you had to send in a help ticket to get it replaced. I used to send help requests in straight after a patch for them to replace that terminal and the extra turrets (up until they blocked the lift shaft with a wall/fixed the guards).

I am sure if you left a help ticket ingame, they might consider putting one in, especially as it helps n00bs to lvl faster.

jini
22-04-05, 06:02
Lots of people run missions, what annoys me is when they kill the mobs, rather than just hurting them enough for the mission kill (which is what I do when raising symp). What I used to do when I needed missions, was to actually do the highest dmg, while letting others cut a piece so as I can loot the corpse to respawn. Looting a small mob is very easy, because if a high level runner kills them they only drop a thing. so you loot em fast and they respawn fast and everyone is happy. Entering a low level area and acting like Nymphette describes, simply shows that the supposed "Vet" is not exactly a vet...

Seven
22-04-05, 14:06
That was a GM spawned item, so whenever they patched the server it was removed and you had to send in a help ticket to get it replaced. I used to send help requests in straight after a patch for them to replace that terminal and the extra turrets (up until they blocked the lift shaft with a wall/fixed the guards).

I am sure if you left a help ticket ingame, they might consider putting one in, especially as it helps n00bs to lvl faster.

Doesn't look like it will happen since we have asked Nid about it last October...
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1668174#post1668174

Scanner Darkly
22-04-05, 15:47
Like Morganth said low level cst/ress missions are the way to go. You get quick xp in all your stats like aggies/rats but use the terminal in your FHQ which is usually close to the npcs. Much quicker for raising SL and symp too. TL90 cst missions pay 2500 tl40 around 1200...

unless youre a tank...