PDA

View Full Version : Indecision...

Glok
21-04-05, 05:23
So I have a 4th char slot on Terra, where I just made a nib rifle PE... but that's boring. I need suggestions for an off-the-wall char to fill that slot. I have a tradeskiller, an apu hybrid, and an HC PE. I am not interested in a tank char. Can monks use hacknet? How about a blessed hybrid hacker? :D

Tostino
21-04-05, 06:02
How about a blessed hybrid hacker? :D
Well you wont get ANY freq on your spells. But I guess you could if you wanted to.

sanityislost
21-04-05, 06:06
Apu/Hacking/Driving/HC PE?

SiL ..:..

Jesterthegreat
21-04-05, 08:31
so you got a monk, spy and pe... and dont want a tank?

hmm...

HN hacker gets borin quick, but you might like it, other than that i'd say a rifle spy or a pistol pe

Opar
21-04-05, 08:32
I always wanted to try an APU PE.... Never got round to it.

mulle
21-04-05, 08:35
Why not make a hc monk instead :D

Jesterthegreat
21-04-05, 08:39
my cst used to be a melee spy...

full cap a tl17 sword and it out damages a tl 2 heal ;)

mulle
21-04-05, 08:54
my cst used to be a melee spy...

full cap a tl17 sword and it out damages a tl 2 heal ;)
where can i buy a tl2 heal???? :eek: :eek:

Sakletare
21-04-05, 10:10
Vehicle spy perhaps? :)

Morganth
21-04-05, 10:21
I'd either make a hybrid of some sort, or go for a drugged to fuck Slasher setup on a PE.

You could try a melee PE, the rock at PvP if you practice enough.

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 10:41
O_o

I tell you we have the weirdest people in the clan ;)

Wanna be special? How about a trike driving tl55 plasma cannon using obliterator HC spy?

BradSTL
21-04-05, 10:42
You want to try something really weird? Try a heavy combat/driver PPU monk. It's a weird idea I had but don't really want to try. On foot, you'll be a lot less useful than the traditional PPU/sword monk, unless you use a MOVE-ON so you can use the Unlabeled Spraycan Flamer. But on an ER Combat Chaincraft, the armed version of the yellow motorcycle, you should be able to cap range and damage, I think -- while fully buffed. You may even be able to get good use out of a Combat Hovertec, although unless you gimp your PSU to put points into WEP you won't be able to aim it beyond close range. But if my theory works, this will give you a weapon that outdamages a capped Liberator, at least the same speed on foot as a capped tank, nearly infinite TRA, and still have the ability to step off the bike for a few seconds whenever you need to s/d/hh.

Siygess
21-04-05, 11:06
Nah, stock up on Thyronol, X Strong and Beast and roll up a Tech Melee PPU. With a Move On, Zerk 1 and Str Booster 2 you can just about use a Laserblade... ;)

Sakletare
21-04-05, 11:17
O_o

I tell you we have the weirdest people in the clan ;)

Wanna be special? How about a trike driving tl55 plasma cannon using obliterator HC spy?
That's not that special, i've got one of those.

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 11:21
Mine from NC1 was using a silent hunter too.
Trikes are great bait :-)

Sakletare
21-04-05, 11:31
Mine from NC1 was using a silent hunter too.
Trikes are great bait :-)
No spare points for R-C when you need both an obscene amount of REP to be an effective driver and T-C for stealth. :(
No R-C does free up some juicy INT points though. :)

Bugs Gunny
21-04-05, 11:34
Mine was driving a trike for kicks, he couldn't repair and did about 230 per rocket to a wb

BradSTL
21-04-05, 14:27
I have mixed feelings about repair for drivers, anyway. They have so nerfed it compared to what I remember that it takes so long to repair a vehicle that you can usually drive to the garage, pay ASG to do it, and drive back in the same amount of time. And the worthwhile vehicles use so many nanites to repair that I'm not sure you even save that much money. And given how powerful combat vehicles are, what's money to a driver? (You'd save a lot more if repair nanites were clonable, and wouldn't that be nice?) And they nerfed the XP, so it's not really worth it for XP.

So I can't shake the suspicion that most drivers could find a better use for those DEX points. I'm putting mine into P-C, myself.

John.nl
21-04-05, 14:55
So I have a 4th char slot on Terra, where I just made a nib rifle PE... but that's boring. I need suggestions for an off-the-wall char to fill that slot. I have a tradeskiller, an apu hybrid, and an HC PE. I am not interested in a tank char. Can monks use hacknet? How about a blessed hybrid hacker? :D

Pistol PPU. PvM wise its fun, PvP wise you can humor your opponent to death.

Original monk
21-04-05, 15:12
i would also suggest riflerspy or ppu seeing you have a HCpe, tradeskiller and apuhybrid ..

tanks dont intrest you so i pass on the hybrid or rifle or pistoltank :) there fun and easy to level tough :)

a riflerppu maybe ? until recently i was a riflerppu but i needed the aghility so i lommed a few weeks ago :) i used a ultimated TAR as mainweapon and was waiting for lupus's weaponchanges to get me a liquid plasmarifle ppu but since its been so long ago that they been proposed i yust lommed full aghility :)

when i would of lommed some TC i could also use a 5 slot B1 sniperrifle :) snipermonks are fun i think lol

when the kamichips would still be ingame you could of made some great setups but atm variety isnt that big :) a friend of mine has a HC/driver spy that drugs up to use the crazy gliders :) and vehicules

hc/mc spy, apu/ppu hybrid, hcPE, hybrid- or pistol- or rifletank, mc/hc/pistol/rifle monk are about the most 'nonstandard' setups

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 15:17
I have mixed feelings about repair for drivers, anyway. They have so nerfed it compared to what I remember that it takes so long to repair a vehicle that you can usually drive to the garage, pay ASG to do it, and drive back in the same amount of time. And the worthwhile vehicles use so many nanites to repair that I'm not sure you even save that much money. And given how powerful combat vehicles are, what's money to a driver? (You'd save a lot more if repair nanites were clonable, and wouldn't that be nice?) And they nerfed the XP, so it's not really worth it for XP.

So I can't shake the suspicion that most drivers could find a better use for those DEX points. I'm putting mine into P-C, myself.
Well.... Manually repairing anything up to Rhino/APC saves you shitloads of cash when you use a barterer to buy the nanites and have at least 50 in repair, but it's very good to have 65 (repair glove is a fricking boon when you use it to get past even that).

Manually repairing the gliders/hoverbomber/carrier is just fucking NOT worth it. You will blow like 20k in nanites just to repair a scout glider from 50% condition. Meanwhile, it only costs 5k to repair a scout glider from 20% condition at the ASG depot.

And you know... self-repping is very, very useful indeed, even if not for vehicles.

Genty
21-04-05, 18:32
Get yourself a TAR Weilding PPU. You will never look back :D

Glok
21-04-05, 20:00
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. :)

My HC PE will also be driving, a reveller if I can get one. Drive and gun mmmmmm.

I think it will be either the rifle tank or the rifle ppu (though I think I will go ppu based hybrid) The problem with a PPU is those damn level 3 booster modules. Maybe I will make a Crahn monk in that case.

I can't make up my fool mind! :lol:

Heavyporker
21-04-05, 20:51
A monk can make his own boosters (res and cst) with just the bonus from OPs.

mucho cheaper, not to mention you level STR and DEX pretty damn nicely.

Oh, and manually repping a reveller just isn't as worth it - much more health to deal with, plus with the 3 or 4 nc repair fee at a depot... kinda embarassing when you gotta blow like 2 or 3k in nanites to rep a reveller up.

Glok
22-04-05, 00:03
Well, I made a nib monk. This is the plan...

Don't lie, you're saying 'what the fuck?!?!' right?

edit: I'm not sure about those Wep and RC values, that will require some experimentation.

Morganth
22-04-05, 00:05
Well, I made a nib monk. This is the plan...

Don't lie, you're saying 'what the fuck?!?!' right?

Looks sound, but those resists work on the basis you fully cap S/D. With your Psi setup, I doubt you will cap Shelter, maybe not even deflector.

Glok
22-04-05, 00:13
I agree, S/D won't even be close to capped.

Genty
22-04-05, 01:31
Go Rifles, Go Rifles!

When my TAR Monk was around i had 117 RC and 117 WPL, either go for that and get rid of your APU or see how it pans out as is. Generally you will want as much % of your shelter and deflector if your gonna be playing with rifles :D

Glok
22-04-05, 14:17
Well that one patch changed the weapon formulas and everything caps easier now. The APU is primarily a levelling tool, it might get nixed in the end anyways. :)

edit: Forgot to mention the joys of recycling. Damn I'm glad I put 10 points there to start off. I have a 1 slot mendicant and a bunch of lazar rifles now. :D

Siygess
22-04-05, 14:27
I had a TC Rifle PE - Mmm, Silent Hunter. Of course, without Stealth, you may as well play a Spy, but a TC Rifle Spy? Thats conventional :D

Nullvoid
22-04-05, 14:41
I too reached the same sort of point as you have Glok and decided to mess around with my ppu. So over time he used the dex 46 ryker glare laser pistol(with dmg boost even grims went down relatively fast), a laserblade(before melee weps got their reqs way boosted. Do I need to mention how cool a laserblade wielding psi monk looks...), the str 34 defender rocket launcher(lots of fun ^^) and last but not least, the kk-100 kami drone(the less said about that the better). I honestly can't for the life of me remember the details of the setups I used barring that they never involved more than 1 drug. Out of them all the pistol was probably the most effective. I have to say I never tried going for the TAR even tho it was the most popular choice. Have fun whatever you decide to go for.

Jesterthegreat
22-04-05, 19:22
i ppu with a good team will be holy spells in a week...

me and the old venom chaps made new chars at the same time... within a week we had a rare using ppu, apu, tank and a second ppu who played less and was only holy def / blessed spells ;)

Glok
23-04-05, 15:00
i ppu with a good team will be holy spells in a week...

me and the old venom chaps made new chars at the same time... within a week we had a rare using ppu, apu, tank and a second ppu who played less and was only holy def / blessed spells ;)Oh hell, my other monk is 16 months old and he has 95 base psi. So you can guess how long before this one will be capped. :D

=REMUS=
23-04-05, 16:14
Get yourself a TAR Weilding PPU. You will never look back :D

yeah you can get killed by a tank noob with a paw of bear tho can't you genty ;)

Genty
23-04-05, 16:42
yeah you can get killed by a tank noob with a paw of bear tho can't you genty ;)

I was never capped when I had my TAR and I always had shit aim.