PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Terra, syncproblem FIX

ino
20-04-05, 20:55
Ok starting to become a tad bit fucking annoying now KK.

Get off your fucking asses and fix the syncproblem when driving vehicles allready. I have been trying to drive a friend arround to tag grs for days but I get 2 zones MAX N,W,S,E of tech haven then I end up in a stupid endless sync who I have to alt F4 out of. the vehicle is then in service but no where to be found. I know people have complained about this before so Im not alone on this.

It can be as simple as rebooting the damn server but it takes fucking weeks before you can be aresed to try and fix something as simple as a reboot. It starts to become annoying cause this type of problem interfeares with many peoples playing styles that uses vehicles. and can end up in people not wanting to play. Meaning you get less money so it would be in your fucking best intrest to try and solve this tinsy problem, or atleast try to and respond to threads about problems that more than a few people has, and threads popping up with the same contents.

Just respond anyone of the staff if it is a bigger problem than a restart cant fix then we atleast know its not the standard problem but something abit more complex. But from what I know you have not rebooted terra for a while so you have not tried it.

athon
20-04-05, 20:59
I suspect that if it was as simple as a reboot it would've been done already. You do realise the problem could be NOTHING to do with KK? - it could be your PC, your LAN, your network connection, your ISP, anywhere in between your ISP and KK's servers.

Athon Solo

ino
20-04-05, 21:26
Yeah the old story about the its your computer that is wrong . Im sure its my computer, and the fact they cant be arsed to even mention we cant see a problem or there is no reason for reboot cause it will not fix it isnt very comforting either. So I dont need your reply I want someone who actually might know something at the company to reply.

enigma_b17
20-04-05, 23:17
well id suggest u try to be less of a dick to people who may try to provide you with information for one;

secondly kk are well aware of the sync problems at this stage, and If i remember correctly SnowCrash made a post about it the other day saying somed about international routes

Phlith
20-04-05, 23:28
Ino, You know i had the SAME problem.. I would take my noob pistol spy out of TH get my hovertech and go east, then zone and get stuck in sync and have to alt + f4 out. Log back in dead with mobs around me... It did this two times in a row until i said screw it and i picked a different hovertech that i owned.. thats what helped me, maybe you should try a different vehicle in the list.

Lexxuk
20-04-05, 23:36
secondly kk are well aware of the sync problems at this stage, and If i remember correctly SnowCrash made a post about it the other day saying somed about international routes

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm

Traffic in Europe seems fine to me:

Europe
Ping avg : 169
Packet loss avg : 0 %

ino
20-04-05, 23:41
I'd be less of a dick if KK who now is so aware of the problem actually tried shit to atleast fix it. And Anthons suggestions isnt a way to try and help cause Im pretty sure its not my computer, my connection, my isp or my lan since I can zone just fine on foot, and I can always zone 1 - 2 zones in any direction then endless sync and the fact others have the same problem. So I dont need that kind of idea I want someone who runs the damn game to atleast try and give a shit.

Im all for this game usually but 3 years later it starts to become a tad bit annoying, new shit builds up into new shit and annoys me and in the end you get enough. My will to log in is uber huge right now, the person I tried to drive arround asked me if I wanted to try again now and I said OK then. started out she synced way off and had to run for 5 minutes to come back to th, then she crashed on me, then we zoned south this time and viola me and her get endless sync and rhino is gone until reset.

zii
20-04-05, 23:56
Although it may be the computer or the IP routing or something else, I have played this game on four different computers and on these networks:

(All are broadband unless otherwise meantioned)
ISP Entel (Chile)
ISP Telefonica (Chile)
9.6Kb GSM modem to dial-up POP ( & then ISP Entel, Chile) (NC game was almost playable :)
An ISP in Hawai'i.
ISP Coditel (Belgium)
ISP Virgin.Net (UK)
Random ISPs in Mountain View, CA(USA)
Random ISPs in Santiago, Chile.

...And, in all cases I have had similar vechicles problems as described above. It may well be a computer or IP routing or another issue, but it seems to effect a lot of people. However, I never had them every time. The frequency seems intimitent to me, but thats because I'm not analysing the problem other than a oh my vechicle is screwed.

Saying all this doesn't matter, as I am sure that KK do take this problem seriously.

Richard Blade
21-04-05, 02:11
I find it very hard to believe that it is the
I suspect that if it was as simple as a reboot it would've been done already. You do realise the problem could be NOTHING to do with KK? - it could be your PC, your LAN, your network connection, your ISP, anywhere in between your ISP and KK's servers.

Athon Solo
problem.

I have this bug with one of my characters, but not with another that is on the same account. The first character can't get more than one zone from DRT before long synch and landing in the center of the zone. Vehicle is back in the ASG parked.
The other character made the trip from DRT to Gab then south and west to TH. No problems other than running into a pair of mating Decayed Brutes on the zone line. :lol:

Some questions that might lead to some linking of facts.
1. Did any of these vehicles ever get lost in the current black hole of H 08?
2. Has the character that owns the vehicle strayed into H 08 - without vehicle?
3. Was this key owned by someone else before you activated it?
4. After you activated the key, did you loan this key to someone else to activate it? Then reactivate it when you got it back?

For me:
1. Yes
2. No, was on vehicle in question.
3. No
4. Loaned to alt on other account to get it back from H 08. Reactivated when traded back to original alt. Several times.

bulwerk
21-04-05, 04:45
haha well the only problem i have is when i leave TH in my (droner) i get killed by mobs that see me from across the map haha so i sugst walking liek everyone else has ;)

Toxen
21-04-05, 15:01
I to have had the same kind of problems on two different accounts on two different computers around tech haven. For me these started to occur after that maintence down time on the servers, also bout the same time H-08 went offline. Could any higher ups (ie GM's Dev's Mod's) offer Opinions on these problems Could they possibly linked to the same problem with H-08? Is there anymore Info on what happen to H-08?

athon
21-04-05, 15:08
haha well the only problem i have is when i leave TH in my (droner) i get killed by mobs that see me from across the map haha so i sugst walking liek everyone else has ;)
BTW, regarding your sig:
1) Its not a good idea to post your desktop as youre sig. It will highly likely be too large.
2) You need to upload the image to the internet, then link to that if you want anyone else to be able to see it.

Athon Solo

Spermy
22-04-05, 18:26
Nothing major - I'm just getting pissed off. Just trying to start the damn client is hit and miss, for the majority of this month i've been unable to get on the damn thing, granted most of that is just not having time to, but whenever I do get time to, I can never get into the freaking world...

Yeah I know it's sounding like a pissy faced rant, that's because I'm all pissy faced. Money's tight for me, at the mo, and I don't appreciate thrwoing away nearly 30 quid to be unable to play ( including that startup fee bullshit that I get charged everytime I resub...)

Essentially I want to know why the issues with simply getting te client to startup have still not been resolved it's been a fucking LONG time guys! Pull yer fingers out I'm not going to renew at this rate. I paid for 30 days - I've played about oooh... 6 hours? Sorry - but I feel like I'm having the piss taken out of me here.

GAH!

Meaningless fucking rant I know, I just felt like complaining, I have a free night tonight, no work to do, girlfriend is busy with coursework, Liver will commit suicide if I go out on the piss, I just wanna log in for the night! Gimme some damn cron!

athon
22-04-05, 18:29
Look on the bright side - you're one step closer to playing than I am. I'm stuck in PEBKAC. C2P seem to be confusing my account which I have a problem with with the account that I don't.

I've just sent my ultimatum. If they can't get it right this time I am out of here. PEBKAC is NOT fun!

Athon Solo

Spermy
22-04-05, 18:48
Pfleh - still not working - I give up for tonight.

:(

Nidhogg
22-04-05, 18:50
Do a filecheck and then try again.

N

Toxen
22-04-05, 18:50
Yeah I know it's sounding like a pissy faced rant, that's because I'm all pissy faced. Money's tight for me, at the mo, and I don't appreciate thrwoing away nearly 30 quid to be unable to play ( including that startup fee bullshit that I get charged everytime I resub...)

Hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but spermy is kinda right we're paying customers some of us are paying just short of 120 euros a year, and assuming someone plays 4 hours a day every day of the week. Thats 0.08 euros per hour of play... man that seems kinda small now.

But still it stands that people are paying for a game that has long term bugs in it I program myself small projects mostly but I can appreciate how difficult it is to track some bugs down. But then again a number of these bugs were known prior to NC2's launch and I do not understand while some of the bugs where been addressed in that period of time while the graphics engine was been brought up to DX9 standard and new content was still on the drawing boards and not been programmed in yet.

Nidhogg
22-04-05, 18:53
Thread merged.

N

Digital-Talios
22-04-05, 18:55
In the past 2 years ive played about 12 mmorpgs. Compared with them Neocron is the most prone to crashes, bugs, anomalies, and other random "features". However Neocron IS the best mmorpg out on the "market". I've looked, believe me I have.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I myself get about 5 crashes a day. Very frustrating when PKing or hunting fire mobs.

Spermy
22-04-05, 18:57
Do a filecheck and then try again.

N

Done dusted and nowt

*officially accepts defeat*

I'm gonna get a pint methinks...

Toxen
22-04-05, 19:02
12 mmos in 2 years man u must have no social life, but I do share the belief that Neocron is the best Sci-Fi MMOrpg out there At the moment As NC2 stated at some point in its trailer it was the first of its kind, It has/had great appeal to those that want Sci-Fi, those fedup of fantasy style MMO's, those fed up of the point and click combat systems. But we all know that in the coming year there will be newer contenders running on themes closer to neocron than before those offering more for the Sci-Fi/FPS style of player. Im a loyal player of neocron but Im worried what these new MMO's could take away from neocron.